Female
29 posts

aoiegg • 3 February 2023 at 4:58 PM

The lovely twinkle brought me here~ o:
New here, have no clue what I'm doing but that's oke.

So let's start by showing you a few of my lovely eggs :
( or lack of - idk how to add them, so have a list of names )
Cuwutie, EndlessScroll, GoExplore are my favourite eggs
DadLeftMe, I AmAnEgg are my favourite names

& Questions
+ Is feeding the only way to get EC?
+ What's the time limit for eggo's dying on you?
+ How do I add images & other things to posts?
+ Anything else?

& I forgot to add too. How can I change the site time to be in Coordinated Universal Time. Aka for this site, it would be UTC -5 ( I think ? ). I'd really hate to have to keep converting/remembering it. Really hoping there's a setting somewhere.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 3 February 2023 at 5:16 PM

@aoiegg
Yo! Welcome to Eggcave, Aoi ❤️
I'm loving the choice of names XDD
DadLeftMe is the best one yet cuz he actually left me ;u;

+ Is feeding the only way to get EC?
Nope~ There actually are many ways to earn EC!
1. Site trivia - answer 1 trivia question per day to earn 10k EC daily
2. Alkub racing - is more of a gamble to earn 10k EC
3. Monthly Challenge - gives approx. 1-3k EC for completing all the challenges per day
4. Selling items at the user shops
5. Trading with other users for CaveCash/premium currency (conversion rate is 50CC = 500,000 EC)

+ What's the time limit for eggo's dying on you?
Creatures with 10 happiness or less can die if they are not fed and happiness falls by between 1 and 3 percentage points every 4 to 5 hours. (quoted from the player guide)

+ How do I add images & other things to posts?
We can't add images to posts unlike there in CS unfortunately ☹️ Here's the eCode guide for the list of codes you can use for this site! You can use it on the forums, your profile bio, walls and blog posts ^-^

+ Anything else?
Here are stuff you might want to check out:
⭐ We have a player guide here.
⭐ There's also a thread for creature values here.
⭐ My Adoption Center (my project here hehe) - open for all (account needs to be at least 2 days old because of inherent transfer restrictions for new accounts)
⭐ Eggcavity - https://eggcavity.com/ - A user-made site with cool tools to use for this site ^-^

Ping me here (@twinkle) or DM if you have any questions!
Sent you some welcoming gifts, Enjoy! ❤️

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 3 February 2023 at 5:22 PM

@twinkle :0 whos this

@aoiegg Welcome ❤️ 😃

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 3 February 2023 at 5:24 PM

@wonder404exe
A very creative friend from another website hehe :>
You should see her work!!
https://tinyurl.com/aoiuma ❤️

Female
2,930 posts

heatherm19 • 3 February 2023 at 5:53 PM

Welcome to eggcave! Glad twinkle got you to join, this place is awesome. The community is very nice an helpful if you have any more questions. (Unfortunately I don't believe we are able to change the time on the site's clock, it's the same for everyone.)

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 3 February 2023 at 6:22 PM

@aoiegg welcome ! A friend of twinkles is a friend of mine ^^ 💕 feel free to comment on my wall if you need anything/want to chat !!

Female
2,135 posts

cranberrycat1 • 3 February 2023 at 6:29 PM

Hey @aoiegg if you want to chat anytime feel free to post on my wall 😊 and welcome to eggcave

I don’t think this question was answered

How can I change the site time to be in Coordinated Universal Time

I am pretty sure you can not change the site time in any way since it is the same for everyone but you can ask the mods to check
(@orderedchaos)

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 3 February 2023 at 6:42 PM

@aoiegg @cranberrycat1
That is correct, the site clock can't be changed.

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 3 February 2023 at 7:30 PM

@aoiegg
Welcome to Egg Cave! 😸 I love the names of your pets lol. x)

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 4 February 2023 at 1:16 PM

Hello and Welcome to Eggcave! Hope you find a nice space here with some friends and cute critters!

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 4 February 2023 at 1:19 PM

@aoiegg welcome to egg cave! 😊 let us know if you have any questions at all!

Female
42 posts

mysticgirl916 • 4 February 2023 at 1:34 PM

Welcome to EggCave! Hope you have fun here

Female
29 posts

aoiegg • 5 February 2023 at 1:00 AM

Thank you for plugging me o: But you didn't need to, aha >///<

@wonder404exe @heatherm19 @dragrawr
Thank you~ Super happy they did too, such a lovely person for real > u <
Nice to meet everyone ^ - ^

@cranberrycat1
aa~ thank you, that's super kind!

@Orderedchaos
aaa shame, really inconvient/frustrating. Ty anyway T ~ T

@daisycat
Thank you~! You'll have to tell me what you own favourite names are. + I love your name too. Super adorable

@mightyeglantine
Thank you-!! & congrats on your 666 posts too o:

@pwuffy
Absolutely o: Thank you for the lovely warm welcome 😸

@mysticgirl916
Thank you ^ - ^ & Likewise!!

~ ~
edit: I'm also wondering if there's an extension or something to make feeding easier? I remember pokefarm having something like that and it made clicking through everything so much smoother. Would super duper appreciate it!

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 5 February 2023 at 1:02 AM

@aoiegg

Lol I regularly go back through my old posts and delete them so keep that number because I think it's funny

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 5 February 2023 at 11:35 PM

@aoiegg
Thank you! :,) My favorite pet name of yours is ErrorCode. I think that's so cute. x)
EndlessScroll and StructuredData are also contenders. And I love DrowningPool if it's a band reference! ;D
And a favorite pet name of mine... way too many!

I also wish there was more functionality to this site heh.

Female
29 posts

aoiegg • 6 February 2023 at 1:19 AM

@daisycat It was a refence~! I was watching a streamer and they had some pretty old rock music playing and had to see if the name was available.

Likewise- I'm thinking of suggesting an art board if there isn't already one. I couldn't see it. Mostly as I'm an addict with that sort of thing.

& Congrats on your Smitten. 😸

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 6 February 2023 at 1:29 AM

@aoiegg
Oh nice! It's fun to check names on here, sometimes there are still good ones available. :-D

We have an art forum but it's not very active. ;_; It's mostly used for creature suggestions, that's the active part. Unfortunately, any literal fan art isn't as plentiful. The boards can be slow here, or be fast with multiple feeding contests, so other topics get pushed to the side in a way.

Thank you so much! :,) While an Egg Cave artist drew the digital version, it's still so surreal to see something I drew as art / a creature on here. I've played virtual pet games almost my entire life, and done tons of drawings of virtual pets over the years -- traditional, digital, pixel -- and never imagined something would come to life like this. It's so crazy to me to see it!!

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 6 February 2023 at 10:20 AM

@aoiegg welcome to eggcave

Female
29 posts

aoiegg • 6 February 2023 at 6:11 PM

@daisycat Right- I was actually really surprised I managed to get the name Rhetoric. Absolutely love that word so much. You'll have to tell me which ones you're proud of getting o: Ooh I wonder if there's a form post on that. It would be super interesting to see everyone's.

Just made a forum suggestion on it if you'd like to take a look - boop Hopefully we can get a dedicated board for it!

Aa wait really~? That's amazing & congrats even more o: super looking forward to seeing more of your art / creatures around the site. & Bit props to twinkle for such an amazing idea too. If I had to CC I would buy it, but I just spent some on a freeze potion.

But agreed, it's such a huge accomplishment > u < Super proud and happy for you~!!

@lunacharm1037 Thank you so much~! Such a friendly community.

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 6 February 2023 at 6:28 PM

@aoiegg
Ooh, love Rhetoric too!

I don't really have any super cool names lol. I mean, I like them, but they aren't really names anyone would want I don't think. XD

Some of the real words I have are Jewish foods, like Latke and Kugel. And I have the name Oatly which is a brand of oat milk, and also makes for a darling name. I also have the name Poptarts, but that was actually already the name of the pet (Twinkle sent as part of a trade to me a while ago). Then the name Catabaza I thought was fun; I combined "cat" and "calabaza" (Spanish for pumpkin) as a name for my Pumkit (pumpkin cat creature).

Thank you for your kindness. ❤️

11 posts

marabel • 7 February 2023 at 2:35 AM

Welcome to EggCave. Hope you have fun here.

Female
48 posts

judith_666 • 13 February 2023 at 3:18 PM

Welcome to the community, Have an excelent day.

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 13 February 2023 at 10:44 PM

Welcome to the Cave craze! enjoy the madness! =^-^=