Submitted a blank vote for re-release

in Help & Questions

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 4 February 2023 at 10:39 PM

I know others have accidentally done this as well.

Would we be able to get that option back on our sidebars? Or is a poll, drop-down menu, or visual list in the works by chance? 😊

Female
760 posts

okami • 5 February 2023 at 1:13 PM

I'm also curious about this- I've seen several users say that they accidentally submitted a blank answer. :/ I was also surprised that users don't get 2 votes each since cc creatures are generally unvaulted in groups of 2 or 3.

Female
2,135 posts

cranberrycat1 • 5 February 2023 at 1:24 PM

I voted for 3 creatures (i just listed them), but i wasn't sure if i was only supposed to vote for one or not

Female
760 posts

okami • 5 February 2023 at 2:33 PM

@cranberrycat1

Oooo I didn't think to do that, I had just assumed we could only type in one. D: I really like how the staff are allowing us to give input on the unvaultings, but there has been a noticeable lack of direction given to users about very basic information like which creatures are eligible, how many we can vote for, etc.

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 5 February 2023 at 5:13 PM

Thank you for the replies! 😸

Bumping this topic in hopes to get an answer.

@snowywinter
Have you gotten any resolution or info on this issue yet? o.o

Female
1,143 posts

valorieviolet • 5 February 2023 at 5:16 PM

I used the voting space as a search bar on accident (":

Would a voting confirmation be too much to add/annoying?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 February 2023 at 2:14 AM

@daisycat

Sorry it took me so long to reply (absolutely exhausted.)

No, i never heard back but it i never filed an official ticket either (My comment/complain/question is either buried in the myriad of posts on the blog or mega feedback thread.)
Although I did see one of the mods tell someone else that the voting issue was something being discussed among staff.

And yeah, accidentally voting when I meant to only be looking up a name is a little de-moralizing.
(I was in a hurry, very tired, had already shut down the computer and had just picked up the tablet.)

@valorieviolet If they're going to keep this wide open fill-in-the-blank format, confirmation almost seems essential. I'm totally for it. (Wouldn't hurt to have even if it was Poll style.)

@bluewolf I think that's the part I'm perturbed about the most. The Unvaulting Voting really needed a blog post all of its own to explain the parameters. There was no direction. We were left to learn to swim on our own. It was like watching a piece of driftwood float further and further out of reach.

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 6 February 2023 at 12:55 PM

@snowywinter
No worries on reply time, I appreciate you getting back to me. 😊

"Although I did see one of the mods tell someone else that the voting issue was something being discussed among staff."
This is helpful, thank you!

"The Unvaulting Voting really needed a blog post all of its own to explain the parameters."
Too true... o_o

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 7 February 2023 at 11:39 AM

I've let Ian know about this topic. The new dailies stuff has been the priority for the moment but this will get looked at and you guys should have an answer soon. Thank you for your patience.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 7 February 2023 at 2:04 PM

@daisycat @bluewolf @cranberrycat1 @valorieviolet @snowywinter

Thanks for the feedback. Fixed!

https://eggcave.com/blog/submit-your-feedback-for-next-months-creatures

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 7 February 2023 at 2:12 PM

@Ian
Thank you Ian, this looks great!! 😊

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 8 February 2023 at 11:12 AM

Locking this topic as the problem has been solved.