Weary traveler exploring new lands

in Welcomes & Introductions

Female
5 posts

scath • 24 February 2023 at 9:06 PM

Hello! Don't mind me, I'm just a traveling shadow, going where the shade takes me. This day, my journey brought me here, from a land where streams bear eggs, and Magi roam. Many a wonderous sight I have seen, and I anticipate seeing many more while on this new adventure!

Fun aside, my name is Scath, and I am looking forward to exploring Egg Cave. My hobbies include reading, crafts, games, baking/cooking, and spending time with my many cats.

Nice to meet everyone!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 February 2023 at 10:40 PM

I bid the welcome @scath to the land where all life comes from eggs. No one knows why, but many end up in one particular cavern where land and sea meet. I have heard of this similar place you speak of where you can catch them floating down the river. (I was actually pondering about the place but a short while ago.)

Nice meeting you ^^
I my name is Derp... I mean Winter, and I'm in derp mode. I'm on very little sheep... I mean sleep, I need sleep. Never been one to count the Vello.
I like wolves, winter, chickens, and miss the outdoors, books, drawing and writing ( a zillion health issues.)
And cats keep adopting me. (Why won't they stop?! *wails* I miss my squirrel army. Not that I can go outside anymore, but one can't have a squirrel army with cats hanging around.)

Female
2,930 posts

heatherm19 • 24 February 2023 at 11:08 PM

Welcome, hope you enjoy it here! 😊

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 24 February 2023 at 11:13 PM

@scath
Hi Scath! My name's Daisy. Everyone is very welcoming here, please ask any questions as they come up. I fed your pets. 😸 Ooh, I love your hobbies, mine are the same! ^.^

Female
5 posts

scath • 25 February 2023 at 11:02 AM

@snowywinter
Lol! Sleep does come highly recommended, but since I was borderline exhausted when I did my introduction, I have little room to talk! I prefer spring and fall to winter, but prefer winter over summer by a long shot. Oh! How many cats do you have? I've got....8? Maybe 9, in my little clutter, with 2 ferals camping out too. Am I mad for considering adding another cat to the clan? What's your favorite book and/or author?

@heatherm19
Thank you, and it's nice meeting you! I'm enjoying it so far, the artwork is very nice.

@daisycat
Hi Daisy! Thanks for feeding the clutch! What games do you like to play?

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 25 February 2023 at 1:44 PM

@scath
Some that I love are Cattails, Night in the Woods, Harvest Moon 64, Island Saver, WarioWare, Inc. Mega Microgames, GoldenEye 007, and The Sims. What about you? :-)

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 25 February 2023 at 2:28 PM

@scath
Welcome to Ark! My name’s wonder, its nice to have new people joining us once in a while!

Female
5 posts

scath • 25 February 2023 at 2:32 PM

@daisycat
I have Cattails! Haven't played it very much, but that's due to living situation... My go to game is Rimworld! I also like to play Stardew Valley, Zenith, and Space Haven. Tabletop-wise, I like Dungeons and Dragons, and Pokemon Tabletop United. I have other games, but those tend to be more fun when there's others to play with.

@wonder404exe

Hello! I be Scath, it's nice to meet you!

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 25 February 2023 at 2:52 PM

@scath
Very nice! 😸 I've been playing Stardew Valley here and there, can't get over the fact that one guy created literally everything. 😱 It's so cute and amazing. But, a bit overwhelming for me, as there is SO much to do in the game and seems like a lot happening at once and I wanna take part in every storyline at once. I know I should work on farming right now, but I keep trying to find that dang Sebastian. XD All the things he likes are basically unobtainable for my right now lol. Are you quite far in the game? Have any tips for me?

Ooh tabletop. I haven't played too many, but I love Pictionary, Scrabble, Dixit, and Apples to Apples.

Female
5 posts

scath • 25 February 2023 at 3:31 PM

@daisycat

My best advice for Stardew is to find people you can play with. That makes things so much more fun and easier to manage. There is only one minor problem with playing Stardew with others though...once you do that, it's hard to return to solo play. But to play solo...take things slow, there's no need to really rush anything, and if you like to look things up and plan, there's a few online resources that can be a great help.

I personally haven't made it too far by myself, there were two people I used to play it with, and we did awesome in getting the community center up and running, and raking in the money.

733 posts

nut • 25 February 2023 at 3:51 PM

@scath welcome to eggcave! I used to play magistream too 😊 and am a hardcore stardew valley player haha. your introduction is so eloquent, you should check out the roleplay forums if you're into that!

1,134 posts

hikanu • 25 February 2023 at 7:59 PM

Well met @scath I am not as well traveled, and do not know of the lands where the river is bearing eggs and Magi roam. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your stay!

A previous adventure of mine ended in darkness, when a new king with nefarious intentions took over and betrayed the people of the lands. The critters they had painstakingly raised and brought into being were enslaved to work for the new king's gain. For many years I did not dare start a new adventure, but I have enjoyed venturing through these lands these past months.

I'm Hikanu. I enjoy anime, reading, music and roleplaying. And I'm a plant parent with a problem (mainly the problem recognized as not enough plants and not enough space to put them). 😊

Female
5 posts

scath • 25 February 2023 at 9:34 PM

@nut
At the risk of sounding obsessed and crazy, would it be too terribly out of the realm of possibilty that we can get a game going? I...may or may not be...um...lacking shall we say, a social life....
As for the roleplay forums, I would indeed be interested in it, but...as they say "Once bitten, twice shy". I fear my anxiety of being another failure will make me a poor roleplayer...I do enjoy it so, so much though.

@hikanu
That land sounds like it ought to make my 'next destination' list, if only to learn new things. Are they very welcoming of travelers?

Plants are awesome! But alas, a green thumb I do not have...though with my many cats around, I doubt I'd be able to keep a plant alive regardless. The less said about my poor catnip shrub the better. (poor thing, I knew it well...)

What music do you like listening to? I tend to have an eclectic playlist myself, but my go to favorites tend to be instrumental tracks, with minimal vocals.

733 posts

nut • 25 February 2023 at 9:44 PM

@scath do you mean a stardew game? sorry I haven't played magistream in years so I'm not sure if there's games on there aha :') unfortunately I don't play too much these days bc of school/work and when I'm do I'm very....particular...about how I like to do things so I feel like I'm not a very good collaborator, sorry >.> I'm sure there's tons of other stardew players on here though so you should ask around!!

and it's okay, I don't roleplay either bc of anxiety and lack of commitment lol but it's fun to spectate (I like reading this one) and overall the community here is super friendly and welcoming and no one will judge you 😊 no such thing as failure here it's all for fun haha

1,134 posts

hikanu • 25 February 2023 at 10:27 PM

@scath Alas, you would need a time machine to make it there. The lands have been abandoned for a decade, so if you travel there you will find nothing but a dark abyss of nothingness. The people of the lands rebelled, you see. I was there to witness it all. They took all of the creatures with them, and left the king with nothing but an empty shell of a kingdom. A kingdom once known as Squiby. Searching far and wide in the vast world of Google images, you may find the sad remnants of a once thriving place.

Ah, I do not have any furry companions myself. I am not to keep pets on the premises. So my plants are safe and do not have to fear the sharp claws and teeth of the adorable balls of fluff.

I'm listening to a very wide range of music. It depends on my mood and what I'm doing, really. Vocals, no vocals, a variety of different languages, film scores, acapella, new as well as old. As long as the song has substance and isn't pointless drivel over a boring 4-chord track made for the sake of money.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 26 February 2023 at 2:29 AM

@scath
Hey, I think our sleep-deprived loopy posts were fun!
(It's always interesting going back and reading those kinda posts later. Is it going to be awesome, is it going to be cringe? It's as much of a nail biter as roulette.)

Thankfully I only have one cat, and that's plenty for me. I like cats well enough when they're other peoples, but really want 0 of my own. I'm just not a cat person.
You're not crazy for wanting more, so long as you can take care of them. ^^ To each our own. (I'd love to have at least 6 dogs, but I think my limit would be two. - never got to find out, only ever had one at a time. Mostly financial restraints. But I say two because I just don't have the energy to keep up with many. I love wolves, but honestly spending a lot of time with a whole pack was a bit much for me, I got overwhelmed just like I do with human groups; but I enjoyed my time more with the outliers of two or loners.)

Going to PM you my full reply. That got loooooong, even though it's a very short list imo. lol. (Once a reader, always a reader at heart.)

Small sampling of a few of my fav books:
'Billy Bounce' - by William Wallace Denslow
'Jurassic Park' by Michael Crichton
'Below the Root' / Green Sky Trilogy by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
'The Eyes of the Dragon' by Stephen King
The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
Dragonriders of Pern series
Margaret Weis
William Joyce
(lol... that rhymes. I didn't even plan that or notice in my original ramblings.)

And some non-fic to balance that out.
Demon of the North by Peter Krott
'The Tellington TTouch' Linda Tellington-Jones (June 1, 1995 edition)
'Control Unleashed: Creating a Focused and Confident Dog' by Leslie McDevitt
'The Other End of the Leash' by Patricia McConnell
Hey, did you ever get to see the show 'My Cat from Hell'? I only got to watch the first couple seasons, but I thought that guy was AMAZING. He seemed to truly understand cats. It blew my mind. It definitely helped me get to know them better. (Which really came in handy volunteering in rescue.)