"Ark Adventures" (Creature RP - open to new members)

in Roleplaying

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 10 February 2023 at 8:11 PM

EDIT: Thanks to @twinkle we have a beautiful Google Doc with the character profiles. The link is at https://tinyurl.com/eggcavecreaturerp

Rules

Not good with rules but I would like to establish basic RP etiquette at least. Like don't try to control other people's characters. Don't try to force the plot to go in a direction you prefer when it's not something you can control with your character's actions. Don't pressure people OOC to do things IC. Etc.

It may be better for all characters to not be Stage 1 (i.e. a literal egg) unless you have a good reason for an egg to be able to participate in the story.

You can have however many characters you want as long as you fill in the sheet for each one, although of course people will have a harder time remembering them and incorporating them the more you have. It would be cool if you played as a creature you actually own too, but I won't make it a strict rule.

Character Sheet

Put N/A for sections that you don't fill out. If something changes from your initial character sheet, it might be helpful to post an updated one.

Name/nicknames: Might be helpful to indicate if there's a nickname you especially prefer.
Gender/pronouns: Ideally you at least have one set of pronouns here so people know how to refer to your character.
Species: self-explanatory
Stage: Stage 1s are eggs. Stage 2s and above are hatched. I would kind of assume that, for species with multiple stages, the younger stages would behave more like kids and the older ones more like adults.
Appearance details: Optional. This is for if there's anything that makes your character look different from a default member of its species.
Backstory: You could write a novel here or three sentences, I don't mind.
Personality: self-explanatory
Misc.: Other stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else, like if they're frozen, or have some kind of health condition, or quirks that don't fit in personality.

Example:

Name/nicknames: Asterverse (nicknames: A, Aster, Verse)
Gender/pronouns: male, he/him
Species: Muska
Stage: 2
Appearance details: N/A
Backstory: Uncharacteristically for an egg from the Cave, Aster was already marked as a weakling that would be average at best, even if he was loved. After all, there was absolutely nothing unique about him in any way. When he ended up being the first creature owned an eccentric man who spent all his time hanging around the Adoption Center instead of trying to get new creatures from the Cave like normal people, he decided that he could use this unique opportunity to at least make a name for himself as the golden child of his owner and achieve more beyond that. But to that end, he would need connections.
Personality: Somewhat pretentious, very cynical. Competitive in an immature, not malicious, way. Generally open-minded about people's opinions except for insults towards his competence or intelligence, which can easily make him upset. Bit of an inferiority complex.
Misc.: Good poker face. Decent at fashion and visual design. Likes sad art and poetry. If he were a human, he'd be the type to have a sadness playlist with 200 songs in it.

Plot

Any ideas?

Jokes aside, it might be fun to just explore the world of Ark for a while and figure out some of the mysteries like the Asteroid and the Thief Shop etc. We could do things related to people's backstories as well and build from there.

Female
1,314 posts

twinkle • 10 February 2023 at 8:32 PM

@korbinia
I've never joined an RP before but this would be so fun :0
I would love to use a Smitten character soon and it's cool to use Eggcave lore for this :>

Pinging some people who might be interested!
@charchill
@daisycat
@aoiegg
@thedarkarcher
@shirothekittehlover
@wonder404exe
@dragrawr

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 10 February 2023 at 8:48 PM

@twinkle [yeep] I just realized you literally wrote the lore for Smittens, you'd definitely be the expert on that if you had a Smitten character lol

and thanks for the pings I don't know many active people on the site rn

Female
1,314 posts

twinkle • 10 February 2023 at 9:19 PM

Here's my entry! 😸

Name/nicknames: Sumira (Sum, Su)
Gender/pronouns: female, she/her
Species: Smitten
Stage: 3

Appearance details: warm, with melted chocolate partially covering her and a fresh strawberry on her dorsum. Her face has smudges of chocolate on it.

Backstory: Su was adopted from a Flor's Shop for a large sum of money from the moment she was born. Due to being instantly hatched and raised through a special mixture of fruits and vegetables in a magical pitcher, Sum has limited memories of her childhood. As she lies contentedly on a bed of melted chocolate, she becomes aware that her purring causes the chocolate to further melt and thus tries to control her purring to preserve the texture of her bed.

Personality: Su is curious and inquisitive, always asking many questions. She is introverted and easily frightened by other creatures who may try to eat her. Afraid of robots.

Misc.: Has the ability to fall asleep at any time and in any location. Enjoys watching cooking videos. Su is the top cook in her cove and she relishes in pushing herself to create even more delicious recipes. Favorite shop: Pangy's General Food Store.

---
@korbinia It was @/daisycat who wrote it! ^-^
I helped make the initial art concept 😊

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 10 February 2023 at 9:31 PM

@twinkle Ahh cool good to know. both the design and Sumira's character description sound very cute lol

Female
29 posts

aoiegg • 10 February 2023 at 11:43 PM

aaa- I'm pretty terrible at anything writing related sorry. But thank you for the ping and hopefully @Korbinia you can find some people to RP with ^ - ^ Throwing tons of luck your way

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 11 February 2023 at 12:17 AM

@aoiegg thanks 👍 you are free to join any time if you change your mind

Female
910 posts

shirothekittehlover • 11 February 2023 at 1:08 AM

@twinkle
How did you know I like RPs?! :00
Thanks for pinging me! 👍

@korbinia
A creature RP, eh? Been a long time since I've last participated in those......
Anyways, here's my sheet lol.

Name/nicknames: Ammanita/Ammie
Gender/pronouns: Female, she/they
Species: Funneki
Stage: Stage 2
Appearance details: She has a blueish hue on her fur, light yellow cap with periwinkle spots, and heterochromia (yellow left eye and navy right eye)
Backstory: She doesn't remember anything before she was adopted by her owner, as she hatched a few months after she was home. Her owner had mentioned to her that she saw her egg near the Elder Tree one day, with nobody besides her. As her owner has not seen any egg like that before, she was a bit confused at first, but she decided to take it home at the end. She also told her legends about the ancient tree, telling her that the spirits of the past inhabiting the tree might tell her of her origins.......
Personality: Very shy and timid, she stutters a lot whenever she speaks. She's also very empathetic and a good listener, and will try to give advice to anyone who needs it, even if she knew she'll just end up stuttering anyway.
Misc.:
-She has been taught to read by her owner, and as such she likes to read books, especially novels and inspirational stories.
-She very rarely used her spores to defend herself, preferring to run away instead. She only uses her spores when there's no more choices.
-She visits the Elder Tree on a regular basis, hoping that the ancient spirits inhabiting the tree could give her knowledge of who she is and where she came from......

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 11 February 2023 at 1:12 AM

@shirothekittehlover awesome, we can probably incorporate the Elder Tree stuff into the plot

Female
910 posts

shirothekittehlover • 11 February 2023 at 1:14 AM

@korbinia
That'd be cool ^^
I honestly wish we got more lore about the Travels explained lol

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 11 February 2023 at 1:16 AM

@shirothekittehlover Honestly maybe we can come up with some stuff like a map of where the Travel locations are

Female
910 posts

shirothekittehlover • 11 February 2023 at 1:20 AM

@korbinia
Finally, more info about the Magathon Beach-
Anyways, when do we start?

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 11 February 2023 at 1:23 AM

@shirothekittehlover We have 3 players and 3 characters rn, we could either start now, or wait for the other people @twinkle pinged, it’s up to y’all

Female
1,314 posts

twinkle • 11 February 2023 at 1:30 AM

@shirothekittehlover
I saw your old RP hehe :> I’m glad to have you with us! Thanks for joining ❤️

@korbinia
Can we wait out for a day? I’ve contacted someone to join ^.^ If they don’t join soon then we can start 😊 Also, are people allowed to join even if we’ve already started? I’m an RP noob so apologies for my question lol

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 11 February 2023 at 1:32 AM

@twinkle Aight, let’s wait a day then, and yeah they can join after we start, it’s a chill plot right now anyway

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 11 February 2023 at 1:35 PM

Name/nicknames: Tobim 9000100 (Everyone just calls it Toby)
Gender/pronouns: It/Its
Species: self-explanatory
Stage: Stage 3
Backstory: Toby's origins are mostly unknown. For almost thirteen years, it has been resting in an abandoned faculty that previously belonged to © Arkitech Incorporated. Its old memory disc was destroyed, leaving him with no recollection of his past. Toby was recently discovered by scientists, who replaced its missing parts and soon after, released it into Ark City, to help gather information. Toby's current mission is top-secret and is rumored to be related to politics.
Personality: Logical, serious, impatient
Misc.: N/A

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 11 February 2023 at 1:49 PM

Thank you for the ping, Twinkle. 😸

I did a ton of roleplaying on Neopets back in the day, but I am going to pass on this. Who knows, maybe I'll join in some other time.

Have fun! :-)

Female
910 posts

shirothekittehlover • 11 February 2023 at 6:38 PM

@nightslayer300
Hey Night, nice to see you here :0

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 11 February 2023 at 6:54 PM

@nightslayer300 welcome, it'll be cool to include Toby's mission and its memory disc into the plot too

Female
1,314 posts

twinkle • 11 February 2023 at 6:56 PM

@nightslayer300 Hey!! Welcome and thank you for joining ❤️
@korbinia Okie we can start! Thanks for waiting~ 😊
@daisycat Would love to have you join us in the future ^-^

Non-binary
1,065 posts

distorted • 11 February 2023 at 8:37 PM

@korbinia boop! hi! i havent actually roleplayed in like two years so erm im outta practice lol

@nightslayer300!! didnt expect to see u here :> ty for getting me into roleplaying!

name/nicknames: elora (doesnt like nicknames)
gender/pronouns: enby, they/them
species: janot
stage: 3
appearance details: what can i tell u.. they look like a stage three janot. but they have a lot more leaves on them than they should have.
backstory: cave dweller. hardly leaves the cave they were born in. has sorta made friends with the residents of leila but doesnt dare to step a paw in ark city since big cities like that scare them. occasionally steals stuff from the abandoned stores in leila too. sometimes eavesdrops on the residents conversations and the name “toby” keeps coming up. doesnt know why but is sorta curious. has “adventures” around the town and near the cave every now and then. maybe figuring out what a “toby” is can be their next adventure!
personality: pretty bubbly!! and pretty quiet but gets excited really easily. mainly an introvert but very passionate with others that they are close to! sort of “closed off” though, they have some trust issues. was never interested in being adopted by an arkian
misc.: does “puppy dog eyes” to get what they want. for some reason every where elora walks, fallen leaves follow. like there will be a trail of leaves wherever they walk. and very often slips on the water that pools below them. doesnt know where the water comes from or why its there
(but seriously what was the pet artist thinking. if i were a janot id be slipping all the time.)

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 11 February 2023 at 10:37 PM

GAME START

It was another typical day in the small world of Ark. Compared to the rest of the world, the strange island was almost impossibly idyllic in its peace and prosperity. Sure, there was still death and depression and all that, but even those things could be fixed with a little effort and willpower when it came to the creatures of Ark.

The humans, however, were a different story. Aster laid by the side of the curb impatiently as his owner spoke with Linda from the Adoption Center for the third time within the hour. As usual, he felt the tug of adventure, the urge to wander off and explore the relatively safe yet enticing expanse of Ark City.

Usually, he'd return to his owner's side at the end of the day, having achieved nothing and met no one. But there was bound to be the chance of change one day, however small it may be...

@korbinia @twinkle @shirothekittehlover @nightslayer300 @distorted

Female
910 posts

shirothekittehlover • 11 February 2023 at 11:04 PM

Ammanita was sitting under the Elder Tree as usual, reading a thick novel with blue hard cover. It seems like she has read half of the book already.

She enjoys doing things near the Elder Tree, it makes her feel safe and secure. She doesn't know why though.

There was a slight breeze around the tree, and it made the leaves rustle gently. The atmosphere of the place is just really peaceful, perfect for reading books all alone.

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 12 February 2023 at 12:23 AM

*sneaks in*

@twinkle Beautiful doc with the characters!! :,)

*sneaks out* Sorry!

Female
1,314 posts

twinkle • 12 February 2023 at 1:56 AM

It's not looking particularly good today for Su. She had initially planned to spend the day brainstorming and preparing presents she would be giving out to each of her loved ones this Valentine's Day. An adorable pair of Sikeree cupcakes? An endearing Vleermus cream puff? Should she get crafty and knit a Heart Cup Cozy? But alas because apparently, today is the Ark's Double Feed Day and Su's owner begged her to help cook some savory meals for the entire cove. Hopefully she'll find a way to do everything tomorrow.

---
@daisycat awww thank you! 😊
Seeing them all together on the banner made me giggle :>

Female
910 posts

shirothekittehlover • 12 February 2023 at 2:26 AM

"And as they confessed their undying love that they've had hidden deep in their hearts for each other, it all has been let loose like a bird, finally free from a tiny cage that confined it inside for so long." As Ammanita had finished that part of her novel, she suddenly remembers that it's almost Valentine's Day. She thought about what kinds of presents should she get and who to give them to.....
She initially wanted to stay near the Elder Tree, hoping the ancient spirits inhabiting the tree could give her the answers..... But she also remembered that it's also Double Feed Day today, so she decided to go home instead, not wanting her owner to worry about where she could be when she's done making lunch for the entire cove.

She could worry about it later anyway. It'll be fine.

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 12 February 2023 at 5:26 AM

Why is everyone in such a hurry today? mused Aster as he slowly crawled down the main street. Oh right... it's Double Feed Day.

Being less than half a metre long, and rather flat in shape, meant that he had to watch out for larger creatures or even humans tripping over him, but then again, there were members of species even smaller than him and they were doing fine navigating the streets. He felt a brief pang of envy for their resourcefulness and above all their sense of purpose.

Seeing everyone head home made him somewhat homesick too, but he didn't want to stick around just to help his owner deliver food to literally thousands of creatures. He continued wandering aimlessly, observing the passersby to see if anything interesting would catch his eye.

Female
1,314 posts

twinkle • 12 February 2023 at 6:15 AM

Su stares blankly at the messy kitchen where she had spent the entire morning cooking and now has to do some cleaning before making lunches. But as she was about to do that, she hears a buzzing sound over the brimming garbage bin. She hesitates to find out what it is, but the pesky sound just annoys her while doing work. Su decides to take a closer look and cautiously approaches the source of the noise. As she reaches for the bin, she sees a small, fuzzy Pogknot trapped inside. She realizes that it must have flown into the bin in search of food and became trapped. She was terrified that it might fly over and try to eat her.

Su hesitated for a moment, considering her options. She was unsure of what to do, as she had never dealt with a Pogknot before. However, she couldn't just leave the poor creature trapped in the bin. Taking a deep breath, she slowly reached out and carefully lifted the lid of the bin. The Pogknot flew up, buzzing loudly, and Su flinched, but it didn't attack. Instead, it hovered in front of her like it was examining her.

Su cautiously held out her hand, offering the Pogknot a piece of fruit from the counter. To her surprise, the Pogknot landed on her hand and began to nibble on the fruit. Feeling relieved, Su carefully carried the Pogknot outside and released it into the open air. She watched as it flew off, a feeling of satisfaction filling her. Despite her initial fear, she was glad that she had helped the little creature and had made a new friend. This has inspired her to work harder for Double Feed Day~

Male
102 posts

korbinia • 12 February 2023 at 6:28 AM

Speaking of creatures smaller than him, Aster noted a plump Pogknot flying out a window as he passed by the residential area of the City. It seemed to know where it was going - presumably back to its swarm, since it must have been separated somehow.

Aster's mind turned to food, and now he was torn between following the Pogknot out of curiosity or trying to find something to eat. He flexed his feeble wings, wishing it was as easy for him to get around via flight.

Female
1,314 posts

twinkle • 12 February 2023 at 6:47 AM

Feeling motivated, Su tries to come up with meal ideas to serve for lunch since the cove she belongs to has over 80 critters. Unfortunately, Su's owner is occupied with sending food supplies to other coves and is unavailable for recommendations. She turns to the extensive Eggcavity online database (c/o @lbowe_elbow) to find recipes that can feed the entire cove.

Matching... Found Match... Loading... "Black Pot of Pirate Stew" (click to view recipe)

Su is ecstatic to find the recipe that would be perfect for lunch - the "Black Pot of Pirate Stew". This dish is meant to feed a large group and is perfect for the sizable cove she is a part of. Time to get to work!