🪺 The Nest 🪺 — New Poll!

in General

Nestlings, which of these activities are you interested in the most?

Female
2,243 posts

ashlinnhi • 28 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

@daisycat aw i’m so glad to have found another ginger root fan!! ❤️

@provo7demons wow, the stars is such a cool song!! i loved hearing the variety of samples and instruments, and when that tonal centre was finally established towards the end it was so beautiful ❤️ thank you for the recommendation and congratulations on finishing up your radio show/college!

i would also like to make a request from starlight radio!

@/provo, show me some music!
Username: @ashlinnhi
What kind of vibe do you seek today?: so ive had this playlist in my wips for a while simply because i’ve been taking my time curating the specific vibe… these are the two songs in it so far:

https://open.spotify.com/track/7FxjDro2UXOjSD9q11rJA9?si=IAE5BKUHTTmwiQK1b70vYw

https://open.spotify.com/track/0OFQwUVOYXn4E8scJq0PAc?si=kBLLSRbaSwS6INlMDvbe-Q

it’s a bit hard to describe what exactly i want but something like: strong vibes to lose yourself in without it feeling too intense; some synth work + bonus if they’re on offbeats. doesn’t have to be a complete match, i’m more just looking for something to feel cohesive with the other songs if that makes sense! thank you!!

Anything specific to avoid? (artists, topics, etc.): i think my specifications above already rule out quite a bit 😭

Female
548 posts

nocturne • 28 April 2024 at 2:38 PM

@valorieviolet Thank you for choosing red! Phlegathon reaches into a large box with both hands, coming up with a handful of items. She flashes a smile, and you catch a glimpse of... crimson? You sigh with relief as you realise it is the gleam of the prizes (3)!

@pastelrabbit Thank you for choosing red! Phlegathon disappears suddenly before returning out of nowhere with an armful of what looks like rocks. On second glance, you realise it's candy gems that haven't been produced in ages! She hands them to you to snack on before divulging your real prize!

✯¸.•´*¨`*•✿ ✿•*`¨*`•.¸✯✯¸.•´*¨`*•✿ ✿•*`¨*`•.¸✯✯¸.•´*¨`*•✿ ✿•*`¨*`•.¸✯

@nut thank you so much for the chipmint!!!

Female
936 posts

shirothekittehlover • 28 April 2024 at 8:05 PM

@ashlinnhi
Ooooh, very nice :0 would definitely add this to my ever expanding personal playlist
Thank you, this is a great fit for her : D

@chaotictreat
A Sorrowool egg appeared in front of Mahlah's booth. It then suddenly morphs into a full grown adult and said to the small bird,
"Greetings, little poet."
"I'm Alitis."
"If it isn't of much bother to you.."
"Is it okay if I give a request of a poem based off my travels?"
"Thank you."
They then disappeared into thin air.

(For extra lore they're actually an adult disguising as an egg)

Female
249 posts

lilyane • 28 April 2024 at 8:30 PM

Floicol-Manned Poetry Stand | @chaotictreat
Creature Name: Nescrire the Duillech in Stage 3 (If you relate the poem with the meaning of his Latin name, that'll be fantastic)
Creature Link: https://eggcave.com/egg/2814328
Thanks, Chaotic! I hope you have fun with my little one! 💜

Phlegathon's Plushie Pull | @magicaltomato3
Hi Becca ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ! 💙
Leoht the Scinurum would like to choose 𝚈 𝙴 𝙻 𝙻 𝙾 𝚆 from the wall of toys!

Ash's DJ Booth | @ashlinnhi
Hello ash! I'm here with Leoht the Scinurum https://eggcave.com/egg/2790336 🪽

✈︎ She would appreciate a theme song to play along as she travels to different places! If the song can be adventurous, longing to explore or upbeat, that would be nice. Something that can portray her personality as a travel junkie would be amazing. ʚ♡ɞ

The Multiversal Musical Marvel | @shirothekittehlover
Heya Shiro, may I request a universe to pick up music from please?
Universe: Hazbin Hotel by Viziepop
The main character features Blijde the Mariamourette https://eggcave.com/egg/2708290

Also.. if you don't mind, could you pick up music from a 2nd universe for Pluvialis the Balarfruita (https://eggcave.com/egg/2655476)? Her name comes from Silvia Pluvialis (rainforest), and I'll like an OST from the anime universe like Frieren: Beyond Journey's End.

Thank you, Shiro!

Starlight Radio | @provo7demons
Show me some music!
Username: @lilyane
What kind of vibe do you seek today?: Music for Spydyr the Arackgna https://eggcave.com/egg/2580068 (80s synthpop, new wave, dance, funk, jazzy, great bassline)

Anything specific to avoid? (artists, topics, etc.): dubstep, heavy metal, rock music, anything too noisy and chaotic.
Thanks Provo! ✨

736 posts

nut • 28 April 2024 at 8:54 PM

@valorieviolet I’ve got a bird, Highball, who has a hankering for a cotton candy and a slice of pizza, if it is available!

————————

@shrimp I would love to get a face painting! no rush at all 😊
Username: @nut
Creature Name: Kudogate the Guinstar
Design Choice: Killer Kisagi!! I feel like this combo might be blursed!!! (cursed + blessed) but I have a strong need!!! thank you shrimp and fenfang 💌💌

Female
1,313 posts

daisycat • 28 April 2024 at 8:58 PM

@lilyane
That's a nicely laid out post! Hehe... wink wink... ;-) And dang, you chose the exact type of music I requested from Provo, too?! 😍 Like word for word?!? If you're willing, I'd love to hear what kind of music you like of that sort since we have a similar taste!! ^^ The classic synth and snare of certain 80s music gives such a nice feeling.
...although I do love heavy metal and rock too, but can't listen to too heavy stuff these days too often cuz I get migraines lol oof...

@xiaomixiaoling
AHHH this story is just so darling!! You made my pets such dolls! I love the description about the kitty nest and the wall pads; bubbles that won't pop!!! Melts my heart. :,) The catnips mini treats. And the mini forest is perfect for me! ❤️ Thank you for this charming little story! I am going to add it to Mildreth's profile. 😸

Male
95 posts

matcha • 28 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

matcha's Festival Fun Facts of Great Fun

Today is about the 1904 World's Fair that took place in St. Louis, Missouri, USA and introduced several classic American foods including hot dogs, hamburgers, and ice cream cones!

Now, none of these were actually invented at the fair, but the unique atmosphere of the fair and the convenience of hand held on-the-go food popularized and solidified their place in American cuisine. Here's a short history of some of the popular foods at the fair:

1. Cotton Candy ☁️🍬 - Spun sugar might have been created as early as the 15th century in Italy but the process was expensive and labor intensive. In 1897, candy maker John C. Wharton and dentist William Morrison (looking for job security? Lol) invented an electric machine to automate the process. Their "fairy floss" was a smash hit at the World's Fair and quickly spread to convenience stores and other fairs around the country.

2. Peanut Butter 🥜🧈 - The history of peanut butter can go as far back as the Aztec and Inca civilizations; modern peanut butter was developed in the late 1800s by several different inventors. Advertised as a high protein meat substitute, Missouri farmer C.H. Sumner's peanut butter stand made just over $700 at the fair, that's over $24,000 USD today!

3. Ice Cream Cone 🍦 - The earliest known ice cream cone was made by Italo Marchiony in New York City, New York, USA who claims to have started selling them as early as 1896. However, several people have claimed to have invented the ice cream cone independently at the fair. One of them, Ernest Hamwi, a 16-year-old immigrant from Syria, was at a stand selling zalabias (a waffle-like pastry). According to him, when a nearby ice cream stand ran out of dishes, he started rolling zalabias into a funnel shape for them to use.

source: https://www.history.com/news/1904-st-louis-worlds-fair-new-american-foods

Gender Nonconforming
233 posts

dibabeebees • 28 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

@nut i'd love to visit bessy and klee :>

Female
548 posts

nocturne • 28 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

@lilyane Thank you for choosing yellow! Phlegathon is incredibly glad to see Leoht! She thinks her dress is very pretty and sparkly! You thus receive a prize that matches that! Phlegathon also hands you a complimentary gift off the wall!

✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

@nut I'd love to visit the wolluk today! awwwh kitty 😊

Female
2,006 posts

chaotictreat • 28 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Floicol-Manned Poetry Stand

@daisycat - Mildreth/Mildred
Mahlah gives you the poem he wrote
"Here, I hope that it hits the right note!"

Mildreth by name, Mildred by soul
This creature loves playing with yarn in a roll
The first place she went was a field of flowers
She was rolling around in the grass for hours

Loved and cherished by her owner true
She has a fluffy real-life version too
Paroxy, "cat", or simply "creature" -
Mildreth really is a dream cove feature!

@shirothekittehlover - Alitis
Mahlah opens a small notebook with a cover
"Perhaps this one will make you a poetry lover?"

Alitis, with his wool all curled
Wanders freely 'round the world
Every place and thing to find
Helps to expand and ease his mind

From birth to death, from ground to sky
It makes him laugh, it makes him cry
Dressed up in an egg so small
And yet, this sheep has seen it all.

@\lilyane I'll get to yours soon : 3

736 posts

nut • 29 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

🥜welcome back to nut’s petting zoo!🥜

please refer back to the day 1 post to check the guidelines.

⭐️ YESTERDAY’S WINNERS ⭐️
Congratulations, @provo7demons, you have won the Icenyro!
Congratulations, @dibabeebees, you have won the Klee!
Congratulations, @ashlinnhi, you have won the Bessy!
Congratulations, @magicaltomato3, you have won the Wolluk!

⭐️ DAY 3 PICKINGS (4/29) ⭐️

☔️ Sorrowool - this sheep is crying even harder today… please take it home…

🐣 Honk - *sad honk noises*
VISITORS: @chaotictreat
WINNER: @chaotictreat

🐶 Lavendog - oh… pupy… it can only hope for a better life outside the walls of nut’s puppy mil-[REDACTED]
VISITORS: @chaotictreat @froot
WINNER: @chaotictreat

🍫 Martes - you eagerly step up to pet the tube mouse!

🐽 Suiina - how cute, a pig at the petting zoo!
VISITORS: @chaotictreat @dibabeebees @froot
WINNER: @froot

🐴 Calla - wow, a veteran from the first wave of callas in 2010! does anyone remember when each user was only allowed 1?
VISITORS: @chaotictreat @lilyane
WINNER: @lilyane

Female
548 posts

nocturne • 29 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

@nut Loving my new Wolluk! ❤️ Thank you so much!

I'd like to visit the beautiful Martenie today!

Female
2,006 posts

chaotictreat • 29 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

@nut Can I. visit all of them. I feel so bad for them. and I really want most of them anyway LMAO

Female
249 posts

lilyane • 29 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

@nut

🐴 Calla

I'd love to visit and pet Moonflight! 🌙

Gender Nonconforming
233 posts

dibabeebees • 29 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

@nut i want that pig so bad

2,008 posts

opalquinze • 29 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

᪥ OQ’s Critter Caricature Corner ᪥

————
@ashlinnhi
someone’s feeling a lil’ fashionable today!
🖍️ https://ibb.co/YhZ4yyn 🖍️

Female
1,153 posts

valorieviolet • 29 April 2024 at 1:13 AM

/ᐠ-ꞈ-ᐟ\ ⋯ ✧ ⋯ /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ⋯ ✧ ⋯ /ᐠ-ꞈ-ᐟ\

Order Up for @pastelrabbit!
Your burger and cake pop have been delivered! Enjoy🧁

/ᐠ-ꞈ-ᐟ\ ⋯ ✧ ⋯ /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ⋯ ✧ ⋯ /ᐠ-ꞈ-ᐟ\

Order Up for @nut!
Your cotton candy and pizza have been delivered to Highball! Enjoy🍕

@magicaltomato3
Yay! Thank you so much for the plushies, Phlegathon ❤️ I love them all, but the Purple Beweg Plushie has to be my favorite out of the bunch!! They're all sleeping on my bed tonight hehe

Female
138 posts

xiaomixiaoling • 29 April 2024 at 1:19 AM

@opalquinze I have come to ask for a critter caricature!!! You have great artwork, by the way.
Username: Xiaomixiaoling
Creature Name/Link: LilGlacie
Color? Yes!
Thank you, OQ!

@magicaltomato3, I choose ?
I wonder what I’ll get…
Thank you, Becca!

@valorieviolet, I would like to pick an ice cream sundae from the sweets menu and fries/chips from the savory menu!
Thank you, Valorie!

Female
936 posts

shirothekittehlover • 29 April 2024 at 1:28 AM

@lilyane
"Oh hi there! Any universe you'd like me to find music from?"
"Hmmmm, Hazbin Hotel and Frieren: Beyond Journey's End, for two of your buddies respectively?"
"Not a fan of the first universe but I'll fetch em for you, my friend!"
"Now I wonder if I have one song from there that's appropriate by this one's standards I'mma go check first"

She then immediately began searching through her pile, filing through anything that'd be perfect for the two creatures, respectively.
She then returned with two slightly worn out cassette tapes, inserting them in a small cassette player, one at a time.

Now playing: Hazbin Hotel - Ready for this
(https://youtu.be/y1yNk8VeqqI)
Now playing: Frieren: Beyond Journey's End - Anytime Anywhere (https://youtu.be/r105CzDvoo0?si=PT3nkl-gltt0zaKY)
"Picked the first one 'cause the one mainly singing it looks similar to dear Blijde over here, and the second is becaaaause it made me a bit emotional-"

"Thanks for taking your time to listen to the Multiversal Musical Marvel's collection! Please come again!"

".....nowifyou'llexcusemei'lldisappearforabit-

she suddenly went afk out of nowhere

@chaotictreat
oh. My. Goodness.
This is VERY great lemme tell ya miss
If Alitis was here rn he'd be overjoyed : D
Thank you!! <\33

@xiaomixiaoling
Hello, I would like to request a story!
Creatures: Phantom-Skies and Khrienkhao (There's a lil bit of info of them on their profile, I'd recommend reading it first :>)
Travel(s): (not required, but the location can be in the Nest Fest, with the two characters watching over the festivities)
Genres: Somewhat melancholic but sweet
Thank you!

Female
138 posts

xiaomixiaoling • 29 April 2024 at 1:53 AM

⋆ ꒷꒦ ‧ ₊ ˚ 𓆩♡𓆪 ˚ ₊ ‧ ꒦꒷ ⋆
@shirothekittehlover,
Your story has been finished!
Your story will be sent to your PM inbox.
Thank you for your request!
⋆ ꒷꒦ ‧ ₊ ˚ 𓆩♡𓆪 ˚ ₊ ‧ ꒦꒷ ⋆

Female
2,569 posts

dragrawr • 29 April 2024 at 4:20 AM

@daisycat Casting my line in for that 🦞 Rock Lobster !!! ^^ ❤️ ❤️

@shrimp

Username: dragrawr
Creature Name: Milokaross
Creature Link: https://eggcave.com/egg/2010016
Design Choice: a Skrute themed face painting!!

Milokaross is feeling rebellious at this festival and silently stepped away from his family to get his face painting and UGH!! Only a Skrute option left... oh darn guess he will have to get it done. Now he can be as emo as his heart desires ... ❤️

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 29 April 2024 at 4:53 AM

✿ ∘ ❀ ∘ ✿ ∘ ❀ ∘ ✿ ∘ ❀ ∘ ✿ ∘ ❀ ∘ ✿ ∘ ❀ ∘ ✿ ∘❀ ∘ ✿ ∘ ❀ ∘ ✿

₍ ᐢ.,.ᐢ₎
ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ
ғʀᴏᴏᴛ's ᴘᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴢᴏᴏ!

𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦!
𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘵: 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯.

𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘶𝘵 @froot'𝘴 "petting zoo!" 𝘵𝘢𝘣 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘷𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴!
𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥.

please include a link in your request!

ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs:
lilyane
magicaltomato3
provo7demons

Female
249 posts

lilyane • 29 April 2024 at 7:24 AM

Elo there @froot ! Can I bring this lil guy (BulbRD2 the Bulbrigar) home with me?

Creature link: https://eggcave.com/egg/2771104

*Pets egg, pats egg harder so it hatches faster*

Female
2,243 posts

ashlinnhi • 29 April 2024 at 7:54 AM

@opalquinze OH OHHH MY LITTLE LIZARD I LOVE HER SO MUCH THANK YOU!! the attention drawn to the little bow on her tail! i'm so in love with your style!

@cranberrycat1 could i please have a Seasonal Pudding and Bone Sundae? thank you!

@pastelrabbit i'd like to choose one plushie from the creature toybox please!

@xiaomixiaoling sorry, i just had a question about submitting forms -- the time slot you listed (12am-5:40pm), is there a certain day we have to submit by or is that just the submission period for each day?

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 29 April 2024 at 8:23 AM

@valorieviolet
i'd like a caramel apple and a pizza slice please!
thank you! (o^▽^o)

@chaotictreat
creature name: rueful the gadfly
link: https://eggcave.com/click/2559025
thank you! (*´▽`*)

@xiaomixiaoling
hello, i'd like to submit a form for a snack!
username: froot
menu: dessert
name of ice cream: berry snow globe ice cream
thank you! o(≧▽≦)o

@magicaltomato3
hullo phlegathon, i choose yellow!
thank you! (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ

@opalquinze
creature: bourkes the sikeree
colour: yes please!
thank you! \(^ヮ^)/

@pastelrabbit
i'd like to draw from the romantic toybox!
thank you! (๑>◡<๑)

@provo7demons
show me some music!
what kind of vibe do you seek today?: the type you'd jam to and sing together on a road trip! it's giving movie soundtrack, main character, etc.
anything specific to avoid? (artists, topics, etc.): nope! go wild
thank you! ⸜(*ˊᗜˋ*)⸝

@daisycat
i cast my line! 🪝
thank you! o(>ω<)o

736 posts

nut • 29 April 2024 at 8:38 AM

@chaotictreat thanks for visiting all the pets! they are breathing easier now.

may I request a poem as well?

splabbit looks up at the sky, head empty, waiting for a spark of wit and clever wordplay from Mahlah to jumpstart his brain.

Female
548 posts

nocturne • 29 April 2024 at 9:51 AM

@xiaomixiaoling Thank you for choosing ???! Phlegathon is happy to tell you what it really stands for! She writes it down on the corner of a page in a book and hands it to you. You tell her you like it as well and she hands you two prizes for it!

@froot Thank you for choosing yellow! Phlegathon is all smiles and she tells you she has something stored for you! You get handed a prize from a very long time ago! Phlegathon says it brings back memories and hands you a farewell gift for old time's sake! (seriously how old is she?)

✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿ ... ✿°•∘ɷ∘•°✿

@valorieviolet Yay!! Super super glad you enjoyed ⸜(。˃ ᵕ ˂ )⸝♡

@froot may I please visit this cutie? ❤️

Non-binary
1,454 posts

provo7demons • 29 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Thank you for listening to Starlight Radio!

@ashlinnhi Ooh, those are some interesting songs! For a song that's a little offbeat, I recommend this one; I actually got to play it for my last show yesterday! I love King Gizzard- how could you go wrong with a name like that?
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard ~ Catching Smoke
https://open.spotify.com/track/4soZjBWp9Xxri3tkdnyEP5?si=68dc64fbefe74bb7

The first song reminded me of a specific playlist I have; here's one of my favorites from that! It's from the game Deemo, which I've loved for years! Mili writes some great stuff 😃
Mili ~ Utopiosphere
https://open.spotify.com/track/7aOcwgkkRYqj6cVdpPtDQB?si=c30481d9a6c04311

@lilyane Spider music, spider music...I love spiders, so hopefully these fit Spydyr's vibes! My first choice was inspired by his travel, this one has a fun beat!
Empire Of The Sun ~ We Are The People
https://open.spotify.com/track/6DG1vjbBFKJWVeihm4hK0X?si=1492642606434548

For the second song, I picked another DEVO song- I couldn't resist! It's very upbeat without being too intense or chaotic, it's the kind of song you just can't help but move to!
DEVO ~ That's Good
https://open.spotify.com/track/0rVbLdk2mZf0w90Xh69mjC?si=90a528fcf6984e25

@froot You're in luck, because I happen to have no less than six road trip playlists! For your request, I'm picking songs from "Aesthetic Road Trip" 😸 For a movie soundtrack vibe, you really can't go wrong with Fleet Foxes; this one has accompanied me on many a trip, and even made it into my playlist when I went camping on horseback 😃
Fleet Foxes ~ Blue Ridge Mountains
https://open.spotify.com/track/7bzzC7QIfflM9eEj2aqaYX?si=6ab2fe7d04104497

As for a more "singing at the top of your lungs with your friends" vibe, I decided on this one; I can definitely see myself blasting this on the road FAR too late at night...
Arcade Fire ~ Everything Now
https://open.spotify.com/track/7KsZHCfOitA5V9oQYVdltG?si=618b7fbb2655440a

---
@nut I'd like to visit the sorrowool today 😃
---
@froot Could I take this gal home?

Female
138 posts

xiaomixiaoling • 29 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

@ashlinnhi just the period for each day!

Female
2,243 posts

ashlinnhi • 29 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

@provo7demons PROVO AAAHHH deemo is one of my favourite games ever!!!! utopiosphere has always been one of my favourite tracks, still love mili :')))

the king gizzard song is real cool!! a lot of fun things going on there, and that instrumental break around the middle :0 thank you for the recommendation! ❤️

@xiaomixiaoling ok! here is my form:

Snack Form
Username: @ashlinnhi
Menu: Lunch/dinner
Name of Item: Bowl of Tikki Masala Curry

Story Form
Creature(s): Ashlinka the Star Muska
Travel(s): Captured Light
Item(s): -
Genre(s): Something sweet and playful!

thank you!!