Well, that's annoying.

in Problems & Bugs

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 14 April 2023 at 6:29 AM

I'm flipping through my quests, head to the strongroom to grab the items I need. A cheesy sausage roll, if you're wondering.

I already have one in my inventory, locked for the sake of a trade offer. The other, unlocked, is chilling amidst the other items.

The quest cannot be redeemed because... One sausage roll is locked. The other, free as a bird, simply cannot be handed over. Why?

And more importantly, why hasn't this yet been addressed and amended in this new age of quests and dailies? 3

Female
1,750 posts

minnie298a • 14 April 2023 at 6:43 AM

@kataclysm
Oh, the fix didn't take properly. Or well mucked up something else.

For reference : https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/77313
There was an issue where an item locked in a trade would be taken for a quest and thus the offer would then appear empty. So that problem was fixed, but created yours.

As a result, @Ian this will require your attention.

59 posts

mars • 14 April 2023 at 6:44 AM

@kataclysm @newlife had the same problem

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 14 April 2023 at 11:49 AM

@kataclysm

Yeah I had the same thing happen.

Ranch Dressing and some edible popcorn were requested, and I bought them, since I have a Ranch Dressing locked in trades. However, it wouldn't accept any of the unlocked items at all. It's a really strange oversight, I think what's happening is that the quest looks for the first instance of the item in your inventory, sees it's locked, and doesn't look further and just says the item is locked, while there is one that isn't locked.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 14 April 2023 at 12:09 PM

I've passed this along to @Ian. Should get fixed before too long.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 14 April 2023 at 2:37 PM

@Orderedchaos @newlife @mars @minnie298a @kataclysm

Great find! A little quirk. It has been fixed. Give it another shot. If it happens again, ping me here. 😊