What is your favorite food?

in Chit-Chat

Female
166 posts

vivian • 18 April 2023 at 9:54 PM

Go ahead and talk about yummy food here! I love cheese because theres so many tasty kinds, it makes anything automatically taste better, and cheesecake is my fav dessert ♡

How about you? OvO

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 18 April 2023 at 10:45 PM

Such a good idea for a topic! Looking forward to reading everyone's posts. But this is so hard. *o*

tl;dr: Fruit and pasta!

I've said my favorite food is pizza for my whole life, then for a while I'd say pizza and also fruit (I love so many fruits, especially nectarines and raspberries), and now I don't even know what I'd say. There's too many lol idk if I can just solidify one as my answer anymore. Just like music taste, can't pin it down to one genre! I love nasty American food lol, Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Thai, Middle Eastern, Jewish. I love bagels. Freshly homemade bread. Fruit with homemade chamoy. Taco Bell. Qdoba. Fries. Burritos. Subs. Soup. Anything potatoes, any pasta dish, risotto. I love chips (salt and vinegar anything, Doritos like Nacho Cheese or Tapatío, Cheez-Its). But overall, after thinking about this, I'd probably say fruit and pasta, in general, are my favorite foods. 😋

Oh @matcha and I love cheesecake!! That's both of our favorite dessert as well!! (Other than coffee ice cream for me, do love that too, and Kevin says "only if the cheesecake is yours" lol [made by me]. ❤️) Tiramisu too. A good chocolate chip cookie. I mean, there's too many good ones lol. I love desserts and baking. I just prefer desserts that aren't too cloyingly sweet.

Could type too much more on this cuz I love cooking and baking and eating and just talking food in general. :,)

Male
95 posts

matcha • 18 April 2023 at 11:04 PM

Yes cheese is delicious, and cheesecake is the best! Daisy really does make the best cheesecake I've ever had, and I'm not just saying that (her tiramisu is amazing as well ❤️).

I tend to go through phases, some weeks I'm just always craving sushi, other weeks cheeseburgers or pizza lol.

Too hard for me to choose a favorite ^^' but it might be deep dish pizza. I also really enjoy eggs and rice or fried rice though.

Oh how could I forget about ice cream! Ahhh there's too many good things

Female
166 posts

vivian • 18 April 2023 at 11:13 PM

Loving the replies so far! ♡
@daisycat Thank you! I thought it would be a good idea because food is such a wonderful thing to share with others. I hope to post recipes here , talk about all kinds of food and share love for different foods and cultures ♡
I agree with most of your yummy food choices ♡ I love trying all different kinds of food and trying new things. My partner and I love to experiment and try new foods! We went to the Asian market recently and bought some sweet potato noodles.. they were pretty good with shredded carrot but the texture was interesting! OvO
I do want to ask , since you love pizza the most... if you like fruit pizza or dessert pizza? I've had a dessert pizza with sugar cookie crust, icing as sauce, and various fruits on top! (Strawberry, blueberry, kiwi, raspberry, etc!) It was so good and I havent been able to replicate a recipe that is similar to the one I had at a birthday party years ago! D:
Hiya @matcha ! I wanted to say I love your name, matcha is my fav drink to wake me up in the morning , especially blueberry matcha ♡
Daisy has to gimme her tiramisu recipe pls, I want to go down to the store and pick up some things and whip up one OvO
Haha I feel you, mine can change too depending on what my safe food is. I could eat something for a whole week and not get sick of it, or eat something once and say ehh maybe Ill have that in another week or month xD
Ooo eggs and fried rice is so yummy and is such a breakfast staple in my house ♡ I love adding some homemade kimchi in mine to spice things up ! :>

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 18 April 2023 at 11:37 PM

@viviian
It's such a good idea. I love sharing recipes with others! And I love reading about food. I had a contest on here a while back, and part of how to enter was to name a favorite snack or food you love. I thought it could be fun to read but was also lowkey hoping to find a completely new snack idea. XD

Ooh sweet potato noodles? May have to look for those next time we go to our local Japanese market!

Omg I LOVE fruit pizza! 😃 Dessert pizza too, but especially fruit pizza. I had it a long time ago; a watermelon slice / triangle with a cream cheese yogurt type sauce and fruit slices on top. It was incredibly delicious. The perfect balance, as it was not too sweet. Thank you for bringing this up, I forgot about it and would love to have it again! ;o; I think for me a dessert pizza is just too sweet sometimes, like gilding the lily. But I do love the idea of it. I don't put toppings on it, but pretty sure Kevin prefers when I make one cookie "cake" to slice into triangles instead of multiple chocolate chip cookies. XD

Blueberry matcha!! Wow that sounds delish. 😊 I will post my tiramisu recipe on here next!

Female
166 posts

vivian • 18 April 2023 at 11:41 PM

@daisycat Yeah for sure, I found when I tried that style of fruit pizza with the watermelon and the yogurt sauce, it was far too sweet for me. And I have a huge sweet tooth! OvO
Yeah I am hoping for new snack ideas and food ideas from here too. I struggle with figuring out what to eat and what to make to vary my diet and enjoy lots of different foods so I am always open to new recipes!! 😃

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 18 April 2023 at 11:48 PM

🍮 Tiramisù 🍮

Ingredients
Lady fingers (around 40)
1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
1 1/4 cups (300ml) strong espresso (I use Medaglia d'Oro instant espresso powder)
6 eggs, separated
16 oz. tub mascarpone, cold or room temp (I use BelGioioso)
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch salt
Cocoa powder for dusting (around 1 cup, I like to use extra)

Equipment
You can use a deep 9x13, two 8x8s, even make a 9x9 + an additional mini in a tupperware. Just use the largest dish you have, and not shallow
Stand / hand mixer or by hand
Mixing bowls

Prep
First make the espresso by the package's instructions and place in a wide, shallow container. I use a little hot water to first dissolve the espresso, then add warm or room temp water.

Filling
1. Whip the cream and vanilla until medium peaks form, around 5 min, set aside in fridge (turn whisk or mixer sideways and a foam peak is loose and slowly falls; it helps to have a cold bowl and cold mixer or utensils for this). Don't overwhip or you'll make butter.
2. Crack egg whites in a medium bowl.
3. Place yolks in a large bowl.
4. Beat egg whites and salt until meringue until stiff peaks form, around 5 min (turn whisk or mixer sideways and a foam peak keeps its shape and doesn't droop). Don't overbeat.
5. Add sugar to yolks, beat 3 minutes.
6. Add mascarpone to yolk mixture and beat until combined.
7. Gently fold meringue into cheese mixture, 1/3 at a time. Doesn't have to be fully mixed as you're mixing more next.
8. Gently mix in whipped cream mixture from the fridge.

Assembling
1. Dip a lady finger into the espresso for a split second (do this very quickly and sparingly, you don't need to submerge it, they're extremely absorbent).
2. Line bottom of pan with dipped lady fingers one at a time (you may have to break some fingers before dipping to fit a half of one in smaller areas).
3. Add half of the cream mixture over the fingers, gently spreading it out (you may add more or less depending on how deep your dish is).
4. Sift cocoa over cream mixture (I add it until there's no more cream showing, and then add a bit more). You will have to wipe the edges of the dish.
5. Repeat 2-4: Lady fingers, cream, cocoa (gently press on lady fingers as you place them now). Refrigerate 4 hours or freeze 1 hour or refrigerate overnight. You can also add the top / last layer of cocoa powder right before you serve. Enjoy!

Agender
122 posts

mr-blue-bones • 19 April 2023 at 12:21 AM

I'm a very very boring person, and that includes my food preferences. My two favorite food are chocolate pudding cream pie and shake & bake porkchops!

My mom made the porkchops when I was little and they've been a safe food ever since, and my sister worked as a head baker for a semi-famous tourist spot, she makes the best pies! ❤️

Male
9 posts

dzschau0212 • 19 April 2023 at 1:27 AM

I like about much anything. But i do really like Chinese, Mexican, any Seafood. And I absolutly have to have sushie. I like the California Roll and a Tuna roll mostly.

Female
166 posts

vivian • 19 April 2023 at 8:25 AM

Oo yummy @mr-blue-bones ! My mom used to make shake n bake porkchop too when I was growing up. Its amazing on chicken and forms a crust ♡ a meal we used to have was seared porkchops baked with cream of mushroom soup and cheese on top.. makes the pork very tender!
@dzschau0212 I love sushi too! California Roll is one of my favorites. My most favorite has to be a specific roll called a Golden Roll, where the sushi is fried on the outside and drizzled with a spicy cheese sauce ♡ let me know if you've tried this!
Oh and thanks so much for the recipe @daisycat , will try soon!

Female
29 posts

firelight_folf • 21 April 2023 at 7:15 PM

Pasta, pizza and sandwiches.

Female
318 posts

chat • 23 April 2023 at 3:11 PM

Mexican and Italian. ❤️

Female
44 posts

blueroxyfoxy • 25 April 2023 at 8:25 AM

Pizza and recently Ramen

Non-binary
101 posts

hfjone • 25 April 2023 at 10:29 PM

anything to do with potatoes honestly. i absolutely love pierogis

Female
166 posts

vivian • 19 May 2023 at 12:07 PM

@firelight_folf yum, what kind of sandwiches do you usually prefer? I love tuna sandwiches and pb and j 😊

@chat oo nice ! Do you like refried beans? Theyre one of my fav to have on vegetarian burritos & tacos ♡

@blueroxyfoxy oo nice! Spicy ramen or regular? OvO

@hfjone ooo me too! I am celiac so being gluten free for me has been trying to make potatoes in more delicious ways~ pierogis are so yummy, whats your favorite filling for them? :>

Female
258 posts

juniperrains • 26 May 2023 at 1:42 PM

Mexican and mash potatoes for me.

Female
5 posts

avashantu • 24 June 2023 at 3:22 PM

I'm gonna go with cream cheese wontons. 😊

Other
137 posts

pauloacacio • 11 July 2023 at 6:00 AM

Pizza!

Gender Fluid
50 posts

skullgirl555 • 23 July 2023 at 8:10 PM

homemade tacos

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 13 August 2023 at 4:11 PM

tteokbokki, sushi, and corndogs 😊

Female
11 posts

thaesda • 25 August 2023 at 5:14 PM

I guess I will say pasta, as it's something I cook a lot. I have a great vodka sauce that I make and also love Filipino baked spaghetti but I haven't made that in a long time. I haven't been able to find any seafood stuffed pastas in a few years now, though, very sad.

Trans Male
30 posts

runeguard • 21 September 2023 at 5:03 PM

I'm partial to a good grilled cheese with a pickle and chips!

Female
7 posts

trixzel • 23 September 2023 at 6:21 PM

Chicken Biryani

This is a spicy rice dish. I don’t know how to make it, but it spicy and yummy. If you like spicy foods I recommend it. 🤤

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 23 September 2023 at 7:06 PM

My top tiers are Satti (chicken skewers on top of sweet & spicy sauce), shoyu ramen and any dimsum meal ❤️

Chicago white deep dish and tiramisu are my go-tos when I want to eat the stress away 😊 @daisycat I wish I could try the ones that you make ;w;

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 23 September 2023 at 7:15 PM

@twinkle
Omg if tiramisu was an easily shippable thing (especially across the planet lol), I would so make and send you some! Though, seeing as you mentioned Chicago deep dish... looks like you should just come to Chicago for both the pizza and tiramisu. ;D

Everything you mentioned sounds so good. 😍

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 23 September 2023 at 7:31 PM

@daisycat I’d love to!! It’s on my bucketlist to travel around and try out my favorite food from their place of origin 😊

Female
7 posts

trixzel • 24 September 2023 at 1:17 AM

@twinkle Satti sounds really good, now I’m gunna have to find a place that prepares it to find it 🤤!

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 24 September 2023 at 7:48 AM

@trixzel Yes yes it’s super good!! Just thinking about it makes me hungry ;w; Satti is a native food from Zamboanga (a province in my country) that has a cuisine made for people who love sweet & spicy food 😊 It only costs 2USD here ^.^