Item Suggestions

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,294 posts

daisycat • 25 April 2023 at 1:30 PM

Item Suggestions

Share your item suggestions on this topic!
Before you suggest an item, try
searching for similar items.
Tip: Use "quotes" to narrow your search to specifics.*

Greeting cards are the main inspiration for this topic. We have several, but there aren't any for birthdays or get well soon or simply letting a friend know you think they're the best! I think it would be fun and cute to have new card items to send to users.

I've grouped similar items, in that they may be released together or as a set. I do feel it would be neat to have a new shop for miscellaneous items that are not toys. But for now, I'm suggesting those items as toys.

General Food Store
Marshmallow, Toasted Marshmallow, Graham Cracker, S'mores (regular, not Smitten)
⭐Basic fruit items, meaning, just that one fruit (example: we have a Strawberry, but not a Raspberry; we have a Peach, but not a Nectarine)⭐
Matzo Ball Soup, Latkes, Matzo, Challah

Toy Shop
Camera, Camera Film, Stack of Photos, Photo Album
Electric Guitar, Bass Guitar, Piano, Saxophone
Virtual Hug

The Bakery
Key Lime Pie, Coconut Macaroon, Ice Cream Cake, Tiramisu
Raspberry Jelly Doughnut, Strawberry Jelly Doughnut, Custard Filled Doughnut, Lemon Custard Filled Doughnut

Bean Sack
Chai Latte, Iced Chai Latte, Matcha Latte, Iced Matcha Latte

Leila Library
Thank You Card, You're the Best Card, Happy Birthday Card, Get Well Soon Card, Thinking of You Card, You Got This Card, Congratulations Card, I Appreciate You Card

Finley's Flavors
Coffee Ice Cream Cone, Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cone, Matcha Ice Cream Cone, Black Sesame Ice Cream Cone

*Refined Search Tips: If you search green alkub plushie with no quotes, you'll get any item that has green, Alkub, and/or plushie in the name and/or description (470 results and 12 pages).
If you search "green alkub plushie" with quotes, you'll get one item in your result (Green Alkub Plushie).
If you search "alkub plushie" with quotes, you'll get all the Alkub plushies on Egg Cave (5 results).
I hope this tip can help you for future searches!

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 25 April 2023 at 1:44 PM

oooh these are lovely items!! i love the idea of using the card items for users. and I'm also an advocate of anything with chai haha xD

Also a big fan of the searching, I feel like searching & filtering needs a major boost on Egg cave all around.

@daisycat

Female
1,294 posts

daisycat • 25 April 2023 at 1:57 PM

@chapus
Thank you, Charlotte! 😊 I think the cards would be so nice to send to each other. As for the delicious chai, I know those and most of the other items aren't really "needed" but they're there for whenever EC may want them. ^.^

Female
2,702 posts

jlya • 29 April 2023 at 9:22 PM

@daisycat
I love the idea of sending cards to people ❤️

I would love a watch/antique timepiece item, probably toy shop? Not drastically important but I think it would be cool 😊

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 12 May 2023 at 11:57 AM

I was yelling about this over discord, but I'd love to see some father's day items to pair with the existing mother's day content.

Female
1,117 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 17 August 2023 at 12:59 PM

I love the cards suggestion, and the father's day items! off the top of my head, I'd love to see any violin or lavender flower items (I know there's a lavender field travel, but items would be cool too!)

Female
1,294 posts

daisycat • 4 October 2023 at 6:44 PM

Great suggestions, everyone! 😊

I've added some new ones:

Basic fruit items, meaning, just that one fruit (example: we have a Strawberry, but not a Raspberry; we have a Peach, but not a Nectarine)
Matzo Ball Soup, Latkes, Matzo, Challah*

Virtual Hug**

Thank You Card, You Got This Card, Congratulations Card, I Appreciate You Card

*The Matzo Ball Soup, Latkes, Matzo, and Challah could be a set of four items released for Chanukah this year! ^^ (This year it begins on Thursday, December 7th, at sunset.)

**Not sure what this could look like, but I think it would be a sweet item to send to a friend.

Female
2,544 posts

dragrawr • 4 October 2023 at 7:10 PM

@daisycat I so desperately want to make plushies of all my creations because I am a plushie hoarder irl!!

All of these suggestions are great

Female
1,294 posts

daisycat • 4 October 2023 at 8:28 PM

@dragrawr
Plushies of your creations would be so awesome! Then you could give each plushie to its respective creature. I'm also a plushie hoarder irl, I don't think I will ever not love stuffed animals. Definitely have to keep myself from getting every single one I fall in love with, though. x) It's too bad they take up a lot of space so quickly. Even the smaller ones add up lol.

Side note, @matcha got me the "Smitten" plushie for our anniversary! (Look up "Pusheen s'mores" to see it.)

Female
2,544 posts

dragrawr • 4 October 2023 at 9:44 PM

@daisycat AAAAAA ITS SO CUTEEEE

I love love plushies. If I touch one in. A store it’s over. I have to take it home. I can’t even make eye contact. 😭😭😭

Female
1,294 posts

daisycat • 4 October 2023 at 9:47 PM

@dragrawr
LOL that's me too!!! @matcha can vouch. XD Though I really do try hard to stay away, and if I don't stay away, to put it back. :,)

I saw the cutest, softest snow leopard at Target the other day with him (think I saw a tiger of the same brand there before), and also a large, weighted cheetah. ;o; Matcha is like, "XD You can get it...!" I'm like no I can't... it would be somewhat silly and there's just no room for more... or at least, just gotta be really selective when I do get any. ;P

Female
2,544 posts

dragrawr • 4 October 2023 at 10:07 PM

@daisycat I HAVE THE SAME SNOW LEOPARD!!!!!!! AAA its so fuzzy ;;

Female
1,294 posts

daisycat • 4 October 2023 at 10:09 PM

@dragrawr
Omg are you for real!?! 😻

Dis the one:
https://www.target.com/p/fao-schwarz-15-34-adopt-a-wild-pal-endangered-snow-leopard-plush/-/A-82023572

Female
2,544 posts

dragrawr • 4 October 2023 at 10:23 PM

@daisycat YESSS but its probably somewhere inaccessible cus I have too many sob sob i love target plushies sm ❤️

Female
1,294 posts

daisycat • 4 October 2023 at 10:24 PM

@dragrawr
Omg this makes me wanna get it even more oh nooo. XD

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 October 2023 at 12:48 AM

Totally on board with a Virtual Hug item ^^
I love sending things like the Belated Birthday Cake : )

Homemade plushies of favorite things are so rewarding!
Wish I had the skill, but I'm stuck having to support custom artists : D
(I used to have fun playing claw machines when I could go out. ...and they still had decent quality plushes.
I think it would be fun to try it if Eggcave ever made a real life (virtual isn't the right word... remote?) limited run one we could play online. I don't know if we have these here, but I've heard a few gaming communities mention them.)

Female
392 posts

redflipflap • 3 November 2023 at 11:50 AM

this totally makes me want to make IRL eggcave items, like it would be super cool if the eggcave team held an annual contest or something like that for creating our favorite items!!

Female
1,294 posts

daisycat • 3 December 2023 at 10:57 AM

Added four items to Bakery! We have no filled doughnut items. 😱

Raspberry Jelly Doughnut, Strawberry Jelly Doughnut, Custard Filled Doughnut, Lemon Custard Filled Doughnut

Female
392 posts

redflipflap • 14 December 2023 at 4:33 PM

I feel like we need some cheese tray/charcuterie board items in the house