Feeding

in Problems & Bugs

Male
297 posts

dragiigy • 19 May 2023 at 1:40 AM

I cant feed creatures,I fed yesterday. As i remember, such bug already in the past. @Ian

Female
1,649 posts

alraune3 • 19 May 2023 at 4:37 AM

@dragiigy @Ian @Orderedchaos

Same here. And I can't collect interest.

Male
297 posts

dragiigy • 19 May 2023 at 5:39 AM

@alraune3

Me too couldnt collect interest :/

Female
114 posts

pooh • 19 May 2023 at 6:43 AM

@dragiigy @Ian @Orderedchaos
Feeding didn't reset. ☹️

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 19 May 2023 at 11:34 AM

I have let @Ian know about this. It should get fixed once he's able to get online.

Gender Nonconforming
231 posts

dibabeebees • 19 May 2023 at 12:47 PM

Yeah, my feeds are wonk too. its weird

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 19 May 2023 at 3:16 PM

I fed some of my creatures yesterday and I can’t feed them today it just says “creature fed” despite not feeding them today

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 19 May 2023 at 3:39 PM

@dibabeebees @pastelrabbit
This is a sitewide thing, its not just you. As I stated above, Ian has been informed about this problem and it will be fixed once he is able to get online.

Gender Nonconforming
231 posts

dibabeebees • 19 May 2023 at 3:54 PM

@Orderedchaos

Sorry if what I said sounded ignorant, read the whole forum before I said it n stuff but like legit don't stress about it 💜

Female
2,950 posts

heatherm19 • 19 May 2023 at 5:51 PM

@Orderedchaos I know Ian has been informed, but do any other staff have the ability to do a blog post or even a banner at the top or *something* to inform users that feeds haven't reset? There are people posting in feeding contests saying they've fed, which isn't actually possible, but they most likely just see the grayed-out feed box and assume they already fed today. Really, with such a *huge* site-wide bug like this, *something* should be posted somewhere prominent so users who aren't constantly on the forums aren't left in the dark.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 19 May 2023 at 5:59 PM

@heatherm19
Only Ian has the ability to send sitewide notifications. There is only so much that I can do and I have already done it. Believe me, this situation is just as frustrating for me as it is for you, if not more so. All I can ask now is that people continue to be patient as there really isn't anything else to do.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 23 May 2023 at 1:59 PM

As you all have pointed out, we usually make bigger announcements about stuff like this when it goes totally wrong. The reason we didn't make an announcement this time around is because by the time we figured out the fix, it was already close to the next day (for the next feeds reset). The brief rundown is that:

1. There was a system task running in the background that created what's called a "deadlock" on clearing out feeds for the day. Rerunning the "clear feeds" job wasn't working. We didn't know why. This prevented feeds from being cleared out.

2. It was a very random fluke and we didn't know what system task was causing the deadlock.

3. By the time we DID figure out the fix, it was nearly midnight the next day (for feeds to reset). We chose to view it as a "water-under-the-bridge" sort of loss for the day.

We apologize for dropping the ball on communication here! ❤️ Thanks for playing and for supporting.

Female
114 posts

pooh • 26 May 2023 at 5:37 AM

@Ian Thank you! 😃