Egg Cave Events Calendar & Events Guide

in Help & Questions

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 13 July 2023 at 1:23 PM

Please enjoy this events calendar I have compiled! These events happen every year. There are also random mid-month creature releases, but these are not included, as they are sporadic throughout the year.

REMINDER: You are NOT allowed to visit the Cave or complete any site events on your side accounts. Use only your main account.

Events Calendar

January
Creature Release Week - CAVE

February
Lunar New Year - CAVE
Chocotravaganza - (February 14th - February 28th)

March
Dragfer - CAVE (March 1st - March 31st)
Dragold's Den - (St. Patrick's Day - March 31st)

April
Prankey - CAVE (April 1st - April 3rd)
Easter Egg Hunt - (Easter - 7 days after)
Earth Day - CAVE (April 22nd - April 30th)

July
Elge - CAVE (July 4th - July 8th)
Ark Victory Day - (July 16th - July 22nd)
Egg Cave Birthday - (July 20th)

October
Halloween Fair - (October 1st - October 31st)

November
Kujak - CAVE (November 1st - November 30th)
Find the Gobblers - (November 1st - November 30th)
Cyber Monday (Thanksgiving (US) - November 30th)

December
Advent Tree - (December 1st - December 31st)
Toy Drive - (December 6th/7th - December 31st 8PM ECT)
Year End Cash Shop Creature Sale (After December 20th - December 31st)

Event Details

What are Cave events?
These are when creatures that are only available for a limited time are released into the Cave. Most of these creatures eventually move to the Cash Shop for 200CC. It is highly recommended you play during these events and get as many of these creatures as you can.
Creatures available every year at a certain time (ex: Elge, Kujak, etc) are not released into the Cash Shop.

Chocotravaganza (February 14th - February 28th)
This event is a big fan favorite of many users. The way this event works is an exchange.
When feeding creatures, you can get chocolate boxes. You must send these to other users, you cannot use your own chocolate boxes to claim items from the Prize Shop.
The prize shop has a new creature released every year that is exclusive to the prize shop, and has several creatures come back as well.
Need help finding who to send to? There is a thread made every year where users post, looking for exchanges. Check there first!
Example of the Exchange Megathread (2023)
TIP: Spend all of your chocolates by February 28th. You cannot redeem prizes after this date.

Dragold's Den (St. Patrick's Day - March 31st)
You can talk to the Dragold every 15 minutes. Several things can happen:
1. Your Egg Coins get stolen.
2. You get Egg Coins.
3. You get 2x feeds for a limited time.
4. You get 2x Egg Coins from feeding.
5. Win a prize (a travel or limited time creature).
TIP: Store your Egg Coins in your Strongroom before talking to the Dragold. He can only steal what you have on-hand.

Easter Egg Hunt (Easter - 7 days after)
While exploring Egg Cave, you have the chance to find tiny little eggs. These eggs are notoriously difficult to see and easy to miss. Users will go to the Dragold's Den or the Thief Shop, and refresh every 5-10 minutes to find an egg.
You can find duplicates of the eggs, which gets more likely to happen the more eggs you have collected. You will need 30 to claim the creature and special travels.
Eggs can appear only in areas where there is text on a page, unlike the Find the Gobblers event that runs in November.
Here is an example of what the eggs look like (credit to @anarchy): https://i.imgur.com/M6nEBkB.png

Ark Victory Day (July 16th - July 22nd)
During this event, you can go to the site next to the Mysterious Asteroid and get Ark Victory Day themed prizes. However, be aware that a random item in your inventory can be turned into Coal when visiting. This does not affect any CaveCash items.
You can also visit the Mysterious Asteroid every 30 minutes, instead of once a day.
TIP: Move any items from your inventory to your Strongroom.
TIP: Hold onto your items (those that are R100), and use them in the Toy Drive for the maximum amount of tickets possible from one item!

Egg Cave Birthday (July 20th)
Egg Cave's anniversary event allows you to claim 500CC on only July 20 and 21st.
Only claim the CC on your main account. You must be verified through SMS to claim the CaveCash.
A new creature is released every year in the cave as well to celebrate.

Halloween Fair (October 1st - October 31st)
One of Eggcave's biggest events, the Halloween Fair opens up on October 1st and closes on October 31st.
There is a new creature released every year that is exclusively available in the Halloween Fair shop. There are several creatures that return every year in the shop as well.
You must collect seeds to exchange for prizes, and there are several ways to earn seeds, either by feeding or completing the special events in the Halloween Fair. Here are the several mini-games you can play at the fair, and how they work.
Travels of Terror:
You are given a scrambled travel or trinket travel name to decipher. Giving the correct travel or trinket travel name will give you seeds.
Check out Twinkle's list of travels https://twinko.weebly.com/eggcave-travels.html
Travels of Terror Guide and Corn Maze Prizes
Corn Maze:
The corn maze has an entry fee of 50 seeds, and you have a certain number of turns to get out of the maze. You get to keep anything you find inside.
More Information
Sample of Corn Maze rewards from 2019, 2020, and 2022
Stargazing
This event will give you a constellation you have to find, and gives you a board with stars. You have to draw lines together to create the constellation.
TIP: This particular activity should be played on a computer. It is not optimized well for mobile devices. It will open on these devices, but there are issues with connecting dots.
Pepita's Punchline
To play this minigame, you need to bet 10 seeds, and choose between heads or tails. If you win, you can double or nothing up to 10 times. This is a game purely of luck, but can be very rewarding.
Donations Disaster
Visit this stall to get a random number of seeds for free from Nebby!
Mad Science
Cathy will give you 5 food items to pick from. Only one of them is not poisoned. If you find the correct food that is not poisoned, she will reward you with seeds.
Ominous Doovoo
A fun game to play, you can ask the Doovoo a question. He will respond and either take or give you seeds. Please remember to not take his answers too seriously!
Example Halloween Fair Discussion Board (2021)

Find the Gobblers (November 1st - November 30th)
Every November, there is an event where you can find Gobblers that will load on your screen on random pages. They are opaque (not clear). You have to click on them for them to be counted.
If you find enough Gobblers to be within the top 100, you will win 1000 CC and a special creature.
Prizes are given on December 1st.

Cyber Monday (Thanksgiving (US) - November 30th)
While not technically an event, the Cyber Monday deal is the best time to buy CC. The trend with years past is $45 USD gives 6000CC (instead of 5000CC). It may be a good idea to buy CC at this time to prepare for the year end Cash Shop creature sale. Further details below.

Advent Tree (December 1st - December 31st)
Another fan favorite, you can visit the Advent Tree once a day. Several things can happen:
1. Get a special Advent Tree exclusive creature.
2. Obtain special Advent Tree exclusive items..
3. Restore cove happiness to 100%
4. Gain creature stats (feeds, clicks, views)
5. Get Egg Coins.
6. Reset cave or asteroid attempts.
The reward for approaching on December 25th (Christmas) is always the highlight, so make sure to log in on this day and go to the tree.
TIP: These rewards are the same for everyone, so check the forums for a post showing what the reward for approaching the Advent Tree on that day is.
Example of an Advent Tree forum thread (2022)
ALSO: Ensure you have cove space. If you do not have cove space, the Advent Tree will NOT give you any creatures.

Toy Drive (December 6th/7th - December 31st 8PM ECT)
The Toy Drive will open on December 6th/7th. If you donate items to the Toy Drive, you get Toy Tickets depending on the rarity of the item donated. Every day at 8PM ECT, a drawing will be done. If you win, you get to choose what cave monthly from the year you want (ex: In 2023, get any cave monthly creature from 2023).
You must donate at least one item a day to be entered into the drawing. Toy Tickets also reset every day.
TIP: Set what monthly cave creature you want. If one is not set, you will be given a random one. If you are looking for a specific cave monthly, remember to do this. This does not reset between drawings.
TIP: Any items you have from Ark Victory Day that you don't wish to keep, go ahead and donate them during the Toy Drive to get the maximum amount of tickets per item!

Year End Cash Shop Creature Sale (After December 20th - December 31st)
Near the end of December, the Cash Shop will have every Cave Shop monthly creature released in the year (not including re-releases) available in the shop. Many users wait until this time to buy a Cave Cash creature.
TIP: Joined later in the year, but saw a Cave Shop creature that released earlier in the year that you really want? Wait until this sale comes along, and grab it for 500CC!

Did I miss something? Are my dates off? Let me know! I want this to be a comprehensive guide to help out new and returning players. 😊
New and have questions on how the site works? Visit Twinkle's guide!

Thanks to @twinkle and everyone who has provided feedback and more info!

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 13 July 2023 at 2:03 PM

@newlife This is amazing!! Thank you so much for taking the time to make it ❤️
I have linked this thread to my newbie guide ^-^

734 posts

nut • 13 July 2023 at 4:35 PM

@newlife this is fantastic!!

just one small bit of feedback, maybe change chinese new year in jan/feb to lunar new year! (coming from a chinese person, but lots of countries celebrate this holiday)

thank you for making this! ❤️

1,965 posts

opalquinze • 13 July 2023 at 5:42 PM

@newlife this is really well done!

gonna have to agree with nut bout changing “Chinese New Year” to “Lunar New Year” since EC has referred to the latter on their site blog post before (also coming from someone who isn’t Chinese, but still celebrates it)!

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 13 July 2023 at 10:40 PM

@nut @opalquinze

Thank you for pointing that out! I went ahead and changed that 😊

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 14 July 2023 at 12:04 AM

@newlife
Oh my that link in the Maize Maze part is old. As in before CC creatures where being released old.

Any way if your interested I have example stats for the Maze on 2019 , 2020 and 2022 that you are free to link to. As stated on the pages the results are random and will definitely vary, but it does give an idea of the experience.

Another note, the items "destroyed" in the Ark Victory Day event don't disappear, but are turned into Coal. Which along with some other items given out in free events (eg Straw Bale at Halloween, Apex Keychain for AVD) are classified as Toys and eligible for the max amount of tickets for an item in the Toy drive (I'm thinking 25, but I could be mistaken) as they are classed as retired/R100.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 18 July 2023 at 11:59 AM

@minnie298a

Thank you! I know people really don't like doing the Maize Maze and see it as just a waste of seeds, so all my info was old lol. But thank you for providing stats for 3 years! Might be really interesting to some people trying to see what they could potentially get, and if running the Maze is worth it

I'll go ahead and update the Ark Victory Day destroyed items (mention they turn into Coal), I couldn't remember what happened but your comment jogged my memory! I'll also add the Toy Drive tip under both it and the Ark Victory Day section 😊

234 posts

spookyfrog • 11 December 2023 at 5:01 PM

@newlife Thank you for this, I was wondering how the future events go. This is great for newer players 😊)))))