Eggcave merch??

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Would you be interested in Eggcave merch?

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 4 August 2023 at 7:44 PM

Inspired by @daisycat's *amazing* t-shirt design, I started wondering about actual official Eggcave merch. There are just SO MANY awesome possibilities! I'm specifically thinking about t-shirts, but other things like hats, mugs, posters, etc could be cool too.
A few design ideas:
The fall site-background design with an itty bitty Gobbler somewhere in it, and the words 'Find the Gobbler!' at the top
Something about Ark Victory Day... The mysterious asteroid image and the Pareteorsite
The Thief Shop image with something like 'take a chance' or 'will you risk it?' or something

I just thought, there are so many awesome images and meme-type events/things on this site that might be great for merch. I've seen adoptable sites with *way* less iconic images that have/had merch, and we already have the precedent for spending real money with the Cash Shop...

Would anyone actually be interested in Eggcave merch?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 4 August 2023 at 11:38 PM

@heatherm19 I would LOVE merch so much!
(Think I brought the idea up a while ago, and someone pointed to a stance Ian had about keeping this a completely digital space and something about how merch had been a huge flop for Neopets even in their heyday so it was a catastrophe best avoided. That being said, I'd still love to see support from other enthusiasts ^^
Even if logistics for such a diverse site and fanbase would see almost impossible. - witch enough willpower I think we could whittle down what a majority of us would be most likely to buy.)

I personally am always up for buying plush toys.
The items I most often buy when i'm supporting a cause or am an enthusiastic fan are.
Plush toys
T-shirts
Glasses/cups
(Bumper) /Stickers

Being what this site is I most want plushies, but I think given the variety of creatures here, stickers seem more practical from a cost/profit standpoint.

(Over a year ago now I actually seen a banner ad on here for customizable plushies and it was really affordable! and they had special pricing for bulk orders. I've seen businesses like that before but either the toys are really cheap looking or they are expensive, but dang, these were almost Ganz level cuteness! - and heck if i can remember the name of the company : /)

(And yes, DaisyCat's T-shirt was wonderful! ^^)

Top of my wishlist: Skrute Plush
Plush i think would be a top seller: Rannin

(I can't believe this sat here all day with no replies! o.O )

Gender Nonconforming
228 posts

dibabeebees • 12 August 2023 at 3:37 AM

I would adore mrechandise! I do know that neopets has merch, and flight rising! It would be great to see some pet themed merchandise for the site, plus might help Ian get more coders heh/lh

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 12 August 2023 at 3:49 AM

Smitten, laika and onny plushies omggg ;w;
I'd buy them in a heartbeat lol
I would even buy a doovoo bag XD

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 12 August 2023 at 1:56 PM

I have a weakness for plushies, so I'd definitely see myself buying some of the especially cute ones. I think it's a good idea, definitely could be done! 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 17 August 2023 at 12:48 AM

With the Yeep Holograms I think it would be neat if they were also digital clocks too.
It would be extra neat if when we bought new creatures or obtained them from the Cave they'd come with a digital code where we could upload it to the Hologram stand! (non-transferable.)

Maybe there'd be a basic version without the internet connectivity/creature updates?

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 25 August 2023 at 1:14 PM

I absolutely love the idea of Eggcave merch. @daisycat has produced so many cool things and I'd love to see similar things available to buy through the site.

I'd love keychains, and I would adore some plushies ❤️

Edit: IMAGINE A NYM PLUSHIE Y'ALL.
OR A BALROG.

Female
1,179 posts

ahgirltc • 25 August 2023 at 4:26 PM

Im so down for some keychains and stickers !!

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 26 August 2023 at 8:49 AM

@heatherm19 @snowywinter @jlya
Thank you for your sweet comments about my work! :,)

I would adore Egg Cave merch and would definitely buy it. All of the ideas listed here are fantastic! I absolutely love stuffed animals and I would love to have some shirts. Also, stationery would be to die for. Merch is a great way to advertise, any publicity is good publicity, and EC could benefit from some advertising and walking billboards. XD

However, not to be a buzzkill or ungrateful, but I don't have high hopes for any of this happening. ^^' Egg Cave doesn't get the effort or attention it deserves. Probably because the fanbase is not large (but the small group of very dedicated fans are just as important and deserve appreciation). I just can't see them releasing physical merch. (I'd love to be proven wrong!!)