💡Quest Suggestion: Pull items directly from strongroom

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
760 posts

okami • 16 August 2023 at 12:15 PM

This is just a small suggestion that I constantly find myself wishing were a thing when questing.

As we know, currently when we're asked for items during a quest, we have to have those items in our inventory in order to submit them and successfully complete the quest. I would LOVE if we could have the option to have items pulled directly from our strongroom when we click the "I have it all" button. I know it doesn't take a super long time to search for the items in the strongroom and move them to your inventory, but it'd be a nice little timesaver imo. 😊

Female
1,179 posts

ahgirltc • 16 August 2023 at 12:39 PM

Yes, I would love this feature! Would make questing slightly more enjoyable and efficient LOL. Or maybe also show us a green checkmark or red cross whether we have that item in our strongroom 😊

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 16 August 2023 at 12:45 PM

I think this is a great suggestion! would save a lot of time searching through your strongroom every time lol

Female
1,144 posts

valorieviolet • 16 August 2023 at 2:35 PM

I like your suggestion! Having less steps to complete a task is always nice 😊

At the same time, I do get why we have to bring an item out of our strongroom though. Items in our strongroom are there to be kept safe, "they cannot be stolen." That's why we're told to put them there during Ark Victory Day (so the evil asteroid doesn't turn our items into coal). So by that same logic, baiting can't take items out of our strongroom, or "steal" them out of there, because that area is locked, off limits to other functions around the site. The coding for the strongroom would probably have to be changed to let baiting take something out of it, I'm not too sure though. Does any of that makes sense? I'm not the best explaining what's in my head lol

That being said, I would love something that could at least tell us if we even have the required item in our inventory ^^ Like "you have this item, go get it" 😋

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 16 August 2023 at 3:51 PM

@okami I would really like this feature too! It's a little frustrating to move quest items from strongroom to inventory especially on mobile.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 16 August 2023 at 7:02 PM

@okami omg this would be perfect!! This would save me so much time ;w;
I also love @valorieviolet's idea for an indicator below the item whether or not it exists in our strongroom/inventory ❤️

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 16 August 2023 at 11:29 PM

Just the idea of this sends a wave of horror through me.
I prefer taking the time to check how many of an item i have, check the value (which is quicker for me pulling it up from Inventory than searching in the Item Directory,) and double checking it's not retired.

Maybe if there was the option to pull from either or. (have a button for each)
(for the times when I know I just stocked both items and have plenty ...which is increasingly rare.)

In the very least it would be helpful if it did pull directly from Strongroom if it indicated how many of each item we have.
- - - -

Not that I'd be interested in this either, but what about an option to buy directly from User Shops (like it listed up to the 5 lowest priced shops?)

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 17 August 2023 at 7:33 PM

I've been thinking about this.

Personally, I wouldn't use it unless it had a quantity indicator. I like to keep an "emergency" item on hand. So when I go searching in my strongroom, if I only have one or in the case of travels 2 of a requested item, I'll go searching user shops. If the item is above my threshold (ie 100k for something that is in the NPC shops for 500), then I'll go back to my emergency one.