Submitted Undergarments for Site Trivia

in Chit-Chat

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 24 October 2023 at 12:22 AM

You read that right.

I went to fill out the Site Trivia. I knew the creature right away, but I usually like to look them up to double check and also copy & paste the species name to be extra certain it is submitted correctly.

When I copy text, I have a habit of copying it around four times in a row lol because it never works the first time even when I hit the keys with enough pressure.

This one time, I just copied the creature name once. Murphy's Law...

I went to paste in the name and hit "Enter" on my keyboard immediately after. But I saw a flash of a super long URL in the text box right before the page reloaded. All thought and done within two seconds: Huh? Oh that was from Amazon. *shrug* Copy the creature name again. Copycopycopycopy. Paste. Submit. Red error at the top of the screen... I already submitted my answer for today's trivia?!?! What?! When!? That was a URL! W... wait... WAIT!! Oh no. OH NO! THAT WAS THE LINK TO THE UNDERWEAR. (A certain type of underwear but idk if okay to say on here, even this could be pushing it idk.)

I recently bought some new body paint colors and new underwear because I am painting myself to look like an anatomical model for Halloween (see: Nirvana's In Utero album cover). I get skin-colored undies in a specific cut and I paint over the undies when I do body paint. @matcha has Student Prime on Amazon, so I was going to send him the links to the items and he was going to get them in order for me to get them at a discount. I had copied the first link in my cart to send to him, but ended up not sending it to him because my email wasn't letting me send anything and I was too lazy to re-look all the items up on his computer yadda yadda. :,) So I abandoned that idea, and yet, still had the link on my recently copied, and the creature name did not override it because apparently my one ctrl+C did not successfully copy... as usual lol.

This is Chit-Chat because it's not completely Egg Cave related, and, it is not Site Feedback (obviously not that). I will be submitting a ticket to hopefully have my trivia reset, but I wanted to share this because I thought it was hilarious and also sad. :,) Please feel free to laugh at me or share your embarrassing copy-paste horror stories. ^^'

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 24 October 2023 at 3:49 AM

@daisycat I thought you said the creature name was "Underwear" which wouldve been bad. Then I realise you copied an actual link to underwear which is.... worse (?) Lmao

Good chuckle in the morning train

Female
2,496 posts

mindassala • 25 October 2023 at 6:27 AM

Thanks for the hilarious story! Sorry that it happened, but still very funny. 😊

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 27 October 2023 at 12:27 PM

@sapphire12 @mindassala
I'm glad you guys enjoyed! XD

Idk if Ian's kind response makes it better or worse. ^^' 🥺

"That's the answer that I'm seeing is registered and having been submitted into the system. So, you're all good! It's not an Amazon link, it's "Basidio" that was submitted. So you're good and in the clear!"

*dies inside*

I can only assume that my Amazon link was so long that it did not submit, and when I entered my actual answer, it did register somehow? Idk. But I do know that I submitted that link. And I got the red bar when I submitted Basidio right after. 🥲 Anyway, I digress.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 27 October 2023 at 3:11 PM

@daisycat crying - he didnt even know so you didnt need to out yourself lmao

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 27 October 2023 at 4:22 PM

@daisycat
Master Zhi looks at you weirdly

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 27 October 2023 at 5:08 PM

@sapphire12
Lol EXACTLY!!

@mastergemma
😂 Sounds about right. 😭

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 27 October 2023 at 6:30 PM

@daisycat OMDG, I was dying of embarrassment for you. that is just... wow. So glad everything worked out for you. ^^

My "typos" for Site Trivia usually just involve fill-in-the blank type answers on True/False (i.e. Species, Environment, etc.) (So even if I'm technically correct... the answer is still wrong. lol.)

I've been borrowing @/fruitbat's Chromebook for doing the Stargazing since it starts up so quickly (and I'm not ready to restart my computer yet...) and it's been a complete pain in the butt for anything involving a mouse, "right click" type menu functions, or anything else involving Shift/Ctrl/Alt functions. Copy & Paste included. (I'm so used to Windows doing away with storing stuff on Clipboard, that it's been an adjustment making sure the one on here is clear... especially since fruitbat uses this for work.)

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 27 October 2023 at 7:53 PM

@daisycat this was an absolute fantastic read