Female
307 posts

powgal15 • 31 January 2024 at 11:47 AM

AHHH IT'S SO PRETTY AND ADORABLE I LOVE IT

Female
113 posts

yrnaelle • 31 January 2024 at 12:22 PM

@ida92 Thanks for the ping!

Normally I wouldn't say I like snakes, but this one, I LOVE IT. Why? It has excellent colors, I love its expression, it is empressive 😉 (if you get it you get it)

I love the description, I think it fits better for a Earth Day thanks to its involvement in the restoration of coral reefs 😊

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 31 January 2024 at 3:12 PM

@murfijs Thank you. ❤️

@hikanu Yes! Snakes are amazig. I actually based this creature on a reedfish (I used to have one). They look like little water snakes with fins and are super cute, but they are in fact fish. Amazing little water-serpents. ^^

@anarchy Thank you for the kind words. ❤️ And I agree, I think there isn't enough awareness being spread in the media about the importance of wildlife and habitat protection. All you hear about recently is renewable energy, elecric cars, hydrogen and so on. Which is important, but we musn't forget that this only a part of what need to be done to protect out planet. Protecting biodiversity is the key in my opinion.

@powgal15 thank you. ❤️

@yrnaelle I got the joke, nice one. 😃 Like I mentioned earlier, I actully based it on a reedfish, so it's not based on a snake. 😉 I still described it as a serpent though.

Female
113 posts

yrnaelle • 1 February 2024 at 3:06 AM

@ida92 😉

Oops sorry for the confusion :x Since I am French when I read serpent, i literaly read snake Since it's its translation ;_;

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 1 February 2024 at 3:11 AM

@yrnaelle No, no worries. I believe it's the same in English: serpent=snake. 😊 ❤️
So I basically described the creature as a serpent, but based it on a reedfish, which wasn't mentioned in my original post (I mentioned it in a reply to @/anarchy).

Female
481 posts

aardbeix3 • 7 February 2024 at 5:12 PM

@ida92 NOW I was able to check your beautiful artwork (finally on my personal PC) and if I can be frank, your drawings are so much prettier than the final product on EC... :/ But I'm SO happy your suggestion won, congrats again! ❤️

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 8 February 2024 at 2:05 AM

@aardbeix3 Thank you. ❤️