Revert to Drag and Drop Cove List Arranging

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,294 posts

daisycat • 20 November 2023 at 5:25 PM

Is it true that organizing your cove lists was previously completed by drag and drop, and it was changed to the current numbering system? Seems like it should have been the other way around. ^^'

Any possibility of the drag and drop feature returning? It would make it so much easier, faster, and way more enjoyable to create and modify cove lists.

Female
2,917 posts

heatherm19 • 22 November 2023 at 11:31 AM

PLEASE!! *ahem* Yeah. I joined after it had already been changed to the current numbering system, but I have seen people talking about how it use to be. I can't remember if I ever saw an explanation for why it was changed though, it really does seem like a backwards change, the numbering takes much longer and is rather tedious. I do know from experience that slower internet connections can struggle with drag-n-drop, especially with longer lists, so maybe having the option for either would be nice?

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 28 November 2023 at 4:24 PM

Cove lists need a huge overhaul imo. The numerical organisation is bonk, only having 5 lists per cove is BONK (we have the capacity to scroll horizontally, let me have my billion lists pls), the cove editing page is mega-bonk.

Support the resurrection of draggin' and droppin', but support even more the cove lists getting some much needed updating.

Female
2,202 posts

ashlinnhi • 1 December 2023 at 10:46 AM

Upvoting this -- I don't mind too much having only 5 cove lists, but I've never really understood that restriction so it would be nice to have more. Absolute support for the drag and drop feature, though. The numbering system can be such a pain when you're trying to reorganise a cove list.

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 26 December 2023 at 10:38 PM

i've asked about this a while back but yes, you used to be able to drag the creatures around in the cove lists. the "new" version is such a pain and drives me crazy; i love organizing creatures in rainbow order and i cannot work out how the cove numbering works and makes me viscerally angry.
this is why i don't bother customizing my cove lists anymore, and that sucks! i think the customizability of our page makes the site so much more fun.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 26 December 2023 at 11:37 PM

(in support also in theory...)

I don't know when official word will chime in but I remember hearing something when I first joined that drag & drop was scrapped because it kept clashing with some other part of the site code and messing things up. (I could be wrong though, and it's hear-say.)

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 31 December 2023 at 4:11 PM

I really like the drag and drop idea. I don't fuss much with cove lists anymore because I can't get them the way I want them, and just end up dumping creatures in en masse.

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 31 December 2023 at 5:41 PM

+1

I've been around for a while, and I miss the drag and drop cove lists. I don't bother with cove lists anymore because of the change tbh. I'd love to be able to organize again but I refuse to bother with the current system. I guess it was supposed to be more mobile-friendly? If I'm remembering right, the switch happened around the same time the site got more mobile-friendly overall. An option to switch between methods would be AMAZING honestly.

Transsexual
138 posts

sonny • 1 January 2024 at 8:09 PM

YES. YESSS!!!! when this changed it honestly was one of the huge reasons i stopped playing as often :[ my cove used to be organized in a rainbow- i would spend hours organizing everything how i liked and then i'd blissfully scroll through my creatures on my profile and the rainbow was so aesthetically pleasing. now its kind of impossible to do this because i have a bit over 400 creatures and its soo hard to number every single one! @/kataclysm said they do the rainbow order too, and its sad to see how many ppl in this thread are saying they dont even bother with cove organizing anymore because of the change 😔

i also agree that we need to have more than 5 cove tabs, and the entire organizing system needs a huge overhaul. maybe if this garners enough attention the devs can add this to a to-do list for 2024 (or beyond, i dont know how long it would take to implement this)!

im glad someone said this and i will back this 100% if we actually want to make this happen!

Non-binary
1,395 posts

provo7demons • 4 January 2024 at 10:37 AM

@daisycat I agree, this would make it so much easier! I've also noticed how if you add all of a species to a list, they get scattered throughout instead of being all added at the bottom, making it a pain to organize ☚ī¸ Definitely support this!

Female
460 posts

cageheart • 20 February 2024 at 1:56 PM

I didn't even know the drag and drop thing existed before until now. I wonder why it was changed?? That would make cove list organizing SO much easier