Shop register

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Shop register

Female
26 posts

xmar_27 • 28 December 2023 at 7:29 AM

This is for the people who sell items, food etc. And not sure if there is already a topic about this. If there is one, let me know 😊

I would like to have a shop register, to see which item was bought from your shop.

Only the item and the price you sold it for would be nice. The person who bought it is optional but not necessary. I like to keep track of the items that sell and the items that are still in my shop.

Hopefully this idea is something to think about 😊

Suggestions and ideas are welcome!

EDIT:
Here are suggestions summed up so that you don't have to scroll trough the comments.

@asi --> Default prices so that you don't have to individually enter a price for every new item.
@senkou --> Auto restock, this can be used so that you don't have to buy all the (expensive) shop space. And just auto stock a max number of items.
@nut --> You can now sort on rarest, highest/lowest Qty etc. but sorted on recently added to the shop would be nice to see which item is there the longest (not on eggcave items in general).
@ida92 --> A column next to the next to the price field showing the lowest price of this item (from another players shop). It takes a lot of time searching each individual item.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 31 December 2023 at 8:28 AM

Absolutely. This would be a major timesaver for my restocking process. Please make this happen~!
Note: I would also like a default price feature so I don't have to individually enter a price for every new item.

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 31 December 2023 at 8:38 AM

Omg yes i don't know how this is not already a thing but definitely would help a lot 😩😩😩 Would make restocking SO much easier!

An auto-restocking feature would probably be later down the track but i reckon it would be really helpful too. It could be something having 1 item in stock (aka one shop spot used) but when it sells out it gets auto-restocked (auto-restock items would be manually added by the shop owner ahead of time if that makes sense). That way people can stock more different items without using up so much (expensive ☚ī¸) shop space.

722 posts

nut • 31 December 2023 at 3:25 PM

agree with all above, not sure the person who bought it is necessary though. and yes, a default price feature or at least "sort by recently added" (aka items you recently added into your shop, not items most recently added to eggcave) would be great!

Non-binary
1,395 posts

provo7demons • 4 January 2024 at 10:40 AM

@asi I was just thinking the same thing! It would be so nice to set a default price for EVERYTHING in your shop (for people who stock everything at the same price), or at least an option to have a set price for each item. (Ex. if you set Orange Medieval Novel at 4000 EC, every Orange Medieval Novel you stock from then on out will automatically be 4000 EC)

Female
2,398 posts

ida92 • 26 January 2024 at 8:27 AM

@xmar_27 I don't think I would use this often, personally. But I do support this idea, because I understand why this might be important for some users. I would probably check myself, once in a while, if this was implemented. 😊

What I would find of great use would be a field, next to the price field, that shows how other priced the item. I saw this on another pet site. I like having all items priced with the cheapest possible price, but I find it very time consuming to search for every single item and then lowering the price accordingly. If I could just see a field with "lowest price currently", I wouldn't need to search for each individual item before pricing it.