March/Spring Creature Suggestion: Clocelium๐Ÿ„[chosen!]

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

which design do you prefer?

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 14 January 2024 at 11:21 AM

creature name: clocelium (clover + mycelium??)

weight: 0.45 kg
height: 0.15m
habitat: fairy world/forest?
gender profile: 33% male, 33% female, 34% non-binary

image link: https://ibb.co/Vp1pq9F

edit: (2nd draft, without color) https://ibb.co/KxFM6H5
-added a mushroom cap that gradually develops into the ears
-colors should be more or less the same, just the mushroom cap being a light brown

about the egg

these eggs are so tiny, you might almost miss them! they are often found in tree crevices or on grass beds, resting near clusters of fungi. they feel soft and somewhat springy to touch, just like a mushroom. the only indication that life resides inside are the tiny green particles floating around. upon closer observation, it is noted that the glowing particles are in the shape of tiny clovers! this egg needs a lot of time to grow, but they are hardier than they appear and aren't finicky about living conditions as long as there is an abundant food source.

about the creature

as clocelium develop, the slight browning at the tips of their ears and tail become darker and their iridescent wings become larger. most start off with a lazy personality, often sleeping to conserve energy for growth. as time passes, they become more playful and more intelligent, some even playing hide-and-seek with their owners. it is often believed that clocelium were a species of mushroom blessed with ancient magic and brought to life by a fairy who wanted a pet mushroom.

notes:
i originally wanted to design a creature for spring and this idea came to me while i was drinking mushroom soup. i liked the idea of having a tiny mushroom sprite that had luck-based magic. the creature looks somewhat like a fox or a cat, but it's not meant to be exactly like one. if this idea does come to fruition, im hoping i can improve upon the variation in poses and changing more than just size/color between each stage.

if anyone has suggestions for a more suitable critter name, creature features, or aspects of the description please let me know!

#creaturesuggestion

Female
1,307 posts

daisycat • 14 January 2024 at 11:38 AM

@icecloud101
Ohh what a little doll! This is really cute!! I love the glow of the clovers and the soft, simple color palette. While green is my favorite color, it would be nice to have a March creature that isn't solid green. ๐Ÿ˜… So I definitely support this! I also love the foxy cat-like look, whilst still kinda being its own species. c:

The egg description sounds precious. And this is so adorable: "brought to life by a fairy who wanted a pet mushroom"

@matcha

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 14 January 2024 at 11:40 AM

@daisycat
thank you so much! i'm glad you like it โค๏ธ
congratulations on the chipmint, btw!

1,134 posts

hikanu • 14 January 2024 at 12:25 PM

Aww. Look at this precious little thing. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
1,307 posts

daisycat • 14 January 2024 at 1:01 PM

@icecloud101
Thank you!! โค๏ธ

Btw, regarding your request for more suitable creature features, you could maybe add in one or two tiny mushrooms along with the clovers. Just hovering around, on maybe a mushroom "patch" on the body somewhere, or some at the feet on the ground. I know the body has a mushroom look to it, but it would be cute to add some tiny mushrooms in the design too. Either way, still adorable. ^^

Male
95 posts

matcha • 14 January 2024 at 1:12 PM

Ooo I love mushrooms! Daisy even got me a mushroom growing kit for my birthday that was really fun and delicious! โค๏ธ

Such a cute art style! The little wings in stage 2 are too adorable! Hope it gets chosen! ๐Ÿ˜Š

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 14 January 2024 at 2:31 PM

@daisycat

ooh that sounds like a great idea! i think tiny mushrooms would definitely help with the whole "scenery" and "mushroom" vibes as well as give more differentiating detail between stages

@matcha

mushroom growing kit sounds fun! what type of mushrooms did you grow?
im glad you like the design ๐Ÿ˜Š

Male
95 posts

matcha • 14 January 2024 at 3:24 PM

@icecloud101 They were oyster mushrooms and the kit brand was Back to the Roots. It was very fun! I definitely recommend it!

Female
931 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 January 2024 at 10:48 PM

@icecloud101
Tiny mushroom bby ๐Ÿฅน
As Daisy said, I think it'd be even better if you give this lil critter some mushroom patches somewhere in the body, to give it more of that shroom look : D

Pingorinos
@redflipflap
@spookyfrog
@ashlinnhi

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 14 January 2024 at 11:22 PM

@icecloud101
wow it's so cute!! love the minimalistic/sleepy art style, would definitely buy one if it's from the csp ๐Ÿ˜ธโค๏ธ

Agender
122 posts

mr-blue-bones • 15 January 2024 at 12:03 AM

It looks so soft, very baby, I would definitely need one :'D

Female
2,225 posts

ashlinnhi • 15 January 2024 at 12:12 AM

@icecloud101 aaahhh this little creature is so precious!! it just looks so soft, and i love the sleepi-/laziness of the earlier stages ๐Ÿฅบ

@komore you must see
(and thanks for the ping shiro!)

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 15 January 2024 at 12:40 AM

okay there is something about the last stage that i just LOVE. nice job!!!

@shirothekittehlover thanks for the ping!

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 15 January 2024 at 2:09 AM

@icecloud101 I love the design. ๐Ÿ˜Š It's simple, yet super cute. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
2,554 posts

dragrawr • 15 January 2024 at 3:00 AM

@icecloud101 Iโ€™m in tears. This should come out WITH the fairies

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 15 January 2024 at 3:13 AM

@icecloud101
i like it, it looks very adorable.
would love to see it made into a creature.

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 15 January 2024 at 9:29 AM

Between this and the Cerevae, there's a few suggestions for fungi like fairies lately.

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 15 January 2024 at 10:47 AM

@shirothekittehlover thanks so much! im working on adding some more mushroom-y details as of right now!

@senkou thank you so much! im happy you like the minimalistic style ๐Ÿ˜Š

@mr-blue-bones thank you! im glad you find it cute

@ashlinnhi thanks! i was trying to go for a bit of pastel, soft look, im glad you like it!

@redflipflap thank you! the last stage was my favorite to draw ๐Ÿ˜Š

@ida92 im glad you like the simplicity of the design

@dragrawr hopefully we get another fairy-themed month for the spring!

@murfijs thank you! i was going for something cute and soft

@chihiro_sang good to know! i haven't been on in a while, but ill look around more at the different species and other suggestions in the forum before creating my next critter suggestion (hopefully with a little more originality)

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 15 January 2024 at 11:04 AM

I didn't mean it as a insult, sorry. I meant they might pair well together for a theme month, the cerevae is more living fantasy fungi, where this one is more animal like.

Female
931 posts

shirothekittehlover • 15 January 2024 at 2:38 PM

@chihiro_sang
Creature suggestion of mine mentioned >>
Tbh I can agree with you that they might pair well with each other :>

@icecloud101
Now the newer draft is more mushroomlike : D

Male
95 posts

matcha • 15 January 2024 at 11:11 PM

Love the addition of the mushroom hat!!

@daisycat

Female
1,307 posts

daisycat • 15 January 2024 at 11:36 PM

@icecloud101
Omg this is also soo cute. ;o; You did a great job incorporating a mushroom hat, it looks so nice in all the stages! I LOVE that it turns into ears!!

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 16 January 2024 at 4:11 PM

@daisycat @matcha thanks so much! im glad you like the 2nd draft as well ๐Ÿ˜ธ

@chihiro_sang no worries โค๏ธ, apologies for the confusion in the tone of my reply: i didn't take it as an insult at all, more like feedback for future creature suggestions! i hope theres a fungi-theme coming as well
(also i was able to find out about the cerevae critter suggestion thanks to your post ๐Ÿ˜Š)

@shirothekittehlover im glad you like it! i saw the cerevae and was captivated by its cuteness ๐Ÿ˜Š it looks like a tiny cotton ball and the tiny antennae are so adorable โค๏ธ

Female
931 posts

shirothekittehlover • 16 January 2024 at 9:29 PM

@icecloud101
Awh ty ;0; (and yw!)
The cotton ball look is honestly unintentional but glad you like it : D

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 17 January 2024 at 6:30 PM

@icecloud101 love this! Chosen for March 2024. ๐Ÿ€โค๏ธ

Female
1,307 posts