Creature Suggestion: Kittea πŸˆπŸ«–

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Welcome to the Kittea KafΓ©! πŸˆπŸ«– Hot or iced, what cat I make fur mew? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 17 January 2024 at 2:15 PM

Introducing the Kittea πŸˆπŸ«–

I sketched this idea around one year ago and finally came back to it today.
The Kittea is inspired by a ceramic cat teapot, whose arm is the spout, along with my love for tea! The egg resembles a teabag, the baby is a teabag whose contents form a cat's head, the teen is a cat teacup and saucer, and the adult is a cat teapot.

Artwork of the Kittea πŸˆπŸ«–
https://ibb.co/TbX6L96
I used micron pens, watercolors, and colored pencils.

About Kittea Eggs πŸˆπŸ«–
Kittea eggs are commonly found nestled around the Bean Sack. With its resemblance to a teabag and smelling like one too, you can't help but wonder what would happen if you placed it in some hot water.

About the Kittea Creature πŸˆπŸ«–
The tag attached to a Kittea instructs the owner to place it into a hot bath in order for it to hatch. After just three minutes, once the water is a rich, tea-soaked hue, remove your warm Kittea. Don't leave them in too long or they will grow up to become a bitter kitty. Once removed, Kitteas mature into a teacup to hold the comforting concoction they have created. Owners love adding some cream and sugar to give their Kittea a sweet, welcoming personality. Others prefer to add a squeeze of lemon to ensure their Kittea will have a bright, zesty outlook on life. Kittea cups are quite delicate; keep a keen eye on them so they don't bump into any corners and cause a chip. After bonding with and caring for your aromatic Kittea, you can enjoy calm comfort every morning with a fully grown Kittea pot.

Kittea Name Origin and Pronunciation πŸˆπŸ«–
Kittea: Kitty = Kit + Tea (kitty / kiddy / KIH-tee / KIH-dee)
Please do not change the name of this suggestion. ^^
If it must be changed, please use Kitteacup, Kitteapot, or Kitteasip.

Kittea Details πŸˆπŸ«–
Weight: 0.11 kg
Height: 0.13 m
Gender Profile: Standard or Non-Binary
Habitat: Ark City
Obtained From: Cash Shop or Cave

Kittea Evolution πŸˆπŸ«–
Baby: 1904 Views
Teen: 2737 Views
Adult: 6000 Views

🍡 1904: The teabag was invented in 1904 by Thomas Sullivan, an American tea and coffee importer.
🍡 2737: Tea is thought to be discovered in China 2737 BCE.
🍡 6000: There are six main types of tea, which include black, green, white, oolong, pu'er, and yellow.

Notes πŸˆπŸ«–
🍡 The egg can be replaced by stage 2's actual teabag and have the face removed. Then stage 2 can be the teacup, stage 3 can be an actual kitten in a teacup (fluffy orange would be nice c: but a brown tea color makes sense), and stage 4 will remain a cat teapot. Just some ideas.
🍡 If selected, I'd love for this to be drawn by the Smitten and Revelca artist.

Thank you for checking out my Kittea cat!
Please ping anyone you think would be interested!! :,)
I have a difficult time pinging on my own suggestions. ^^'

Female
2,942 posts

heatherm19 • 17 January 2024 at 2:54 PM

OH! Oh oh oh oh oh! Oh wow. Okay I read the description first and was wondering what it was actually going to look like (and, totally honest, wasn't sure it would look good in creature-form) and then OMG THAT ADULT!!! I swear my grandma had plates/bowls that looked *exactly* like that. Omg it's gorgeous. Omg I'm so in love already. The teen stage is looks awesome too, I love it's expression! I'm blown away, seriously, omg. And the significance of the different stage stats is so cool, I love when the stat numbers have some specific meaning.

Deleted • 17 January 2024 at 3:08 PM

I'm no tea expert (where I come from, there is only coffee whyy 😭) but I'd love to have a taste of this (can we, like, taste it?? Do they make fresh tea every morning for you or it is bad for the creature to drink?) I really like the design, first stage is just very funny, imagine pulling off your tea filter and boom, eyes that stare at you! πŸ˜‚ Last stage is definitely my favorite, I just really like the colors and also the blue details on it (really reminds of tea mugs and pots) and especially, I love how creative it is you can influence the kittea's "flavour" to give them a specific character / preferences. I know I'd like my kittea lemon-y!

*timidly pings @lexicon in because oh look, kittens, kittens!*

Female
1,738 posts

lexicon • 17 January 2024 at 3:25 PM

@daisycat I am, once again, completely blown away by your creativity and art style!!! This is simply stunning, I love everything about it from the name to the kitty ceramic teapot ;A; I also love that you can influence their personalities with how you take your tea!! Mine would be tooth-rottingly sweet in that case xD

@sinthr Thanks for the ping friend!! Your instincts are spot on 😸❀️

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 17 January 2024 at 6:44 PM

Thank you everyone!! I appreciate your kind words and I'm so happy you all like it. ❀️

@heatherm19
Yeah I went with blue and white because it has that classic ceramic type look to it! 😊

@sinthr
Oh my gosh?! I hope you can try tea one day!! :0 I love both coffee and tea, so I'm glad you at least have that.

@lexicon
I hope you'll be able to get a super sweet Kittea! 😸

Male
95 posts

matcha • 17 January 2024 at 7:20 PM

So cute!! Amazing job as always Daisy ❀️

Would love to sip some green tea out of that kitty cup 😊

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 17 January 2024 at 7:45 PM

@daisycat oh so at first I was a little estranged from it, but thats because I am so tired and had no idea what i was looking at.

HOWEVER upon closer inspection~ I adore it. Not only is it object themed, its also a CAT!!! A daisy special. So many cats v.v ❀️ Three minute hatch time is insane ill need 1000 thankssss

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 17 January 2024 at 7:54 PM

@matcha
Thank you!! ❀️

@dragrawr
Haha it's funny you say that... I know that feeling all too well. ;P I'm glad you like it after all! 😊

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 17 January 2024 at 7:56 PM

@daisycat its wonderful! I have an obsession with collecting ceramic *creatures* (usually cats) from thrift stores because no one is giving them a good home. They just *call* to me. This suggestion is exactly how it feels to see a little cat figurine at the back of the store and my last $3 flying out of my pocket X3

1,134 posts

hikanu • 17 January 2024 at 7:59 PM

I needed to stew on this one for a bit. It's a fair bit different than what I'm used to seeing when poking around the creature suggestions. I'm not sure if it's an object or if it actually breathes. xD

But I will say I adore the concept of a tea inspired creature! The tea bag egg is so cute!

I was having a look at this a few hours ago while warming myself with a good cup of black tea.

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 17 January 2024 at 8:04 PM

@dragrawr
That's so cute!! I know what you mean. You get instantly attached to something, like, how could I leave you here. ;-{ I want to take nearly everything home because of this feeling I have, but I try to restrict myself to things that are "functional"... *sad face* and thus... my ceramic cat collection is instead an orange cat mug / cup collection. Because Mildred, of course. xP

@hikanu
Lol thank you for the input! You needed to brew on it. ;D I did keep thinking that the adult stage may come off as creepy. But hey, that's okay. 😊

1,134 posts

hikanu • 17 January 2024 at 8:23 PM

@daisycat I wouldn't say it's creepy per se. But it's definitely a strange one.

Though don't take my word for it not being creepy. I'm a lost cause when it comes to it. Baby dolls are my only weakness. They are creepy. xD

Female
2,727 posts

jlya • 17 January 2024 at 8:39 PM

@daisycat
You have no idea how much I love tea. Hot or iced, I love it all. I ADORE the concept of a tea creature!!! ❀️ Tea bag and cup and teapot as stages, why has no one thought of this before ^^

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 17 January 2024 at 8:44 PM

@hikanu
I'm down with strangeness. 😊 Ooh baby dolls... like the Mimic and Melodie. o.o

@jlya
Thank you for your kind words! Well there is the Teason, but it's a bit different. c:

Female
2,727 posts

jlya • 17 January 2024 at 8:48 PM

@daisycat
Me forgetting the Teason even though I literally joined the month it came out xD But I *love* that yours is like the stages of a teabag!! Still unique in my opinion. Rooting for this one ^^

Female
1,147 posts

valorieviolet • 20 January 2024 at 1:06 AM

@daisycat

Great play on words with the Kittea xD The name (and stats) better not get changed! It's so silly to me seeing a teabag with a whole face on it, but I love it regardless! ❀️ The more I go back to look at it, the more I feel like the 2nd stage is silently judging me lmao maybe it's the eyebrows xD Stage 3 is adorable and Stage 4 looks so happy to serve up a hot cup of tea ❀️

I will ALWAYS welcome another cat-related creature suggestion, thank you for suggesting this πŸ«–πŸˆ

Pings:
@enderwolf
@wonder404exe
@twinkle

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 20 January 2024 at 8:24 AM

@daisycat Omg the Kittea is so cute! πŸ’• I love the teabag stage so much!
I also enjoy the little details that you put about their evolution stats, and how their personality is determined by what you put in the tea πŸ’•πŸ’–
I’d love to see this little guy on the site!

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 20 January 2024 at 8:24 PM

@valorieviolet
Thank you!! LOL the eyebrows, that's so funny. XD They are more just like lines / stylized definition that I often add to cat drawings but I totally see how they could be eyebrows and now I can't unsee it. X,D

@pastelrabbit
Thank you, I'm so glad you like it!! ❀️

182 posts

noman15 • 22 January 2024 at 12:10 PM

This is an awesome living object idea!

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 23 January 2024 at 2:25 PM

@daisycat omg i love this concept!
i did not expect the cat expression on the teabag for the second stage, it is so unique! i love how the cat becomes the teacup and the teapot 😸

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 25 January 2024 at 7:58 PM

@noman15 @icecloud101
Thank you both so much!! ❀️

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 26 January 2024 at 8:54 AM

I love the classic china set look of this as well as the cat's smug look!

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 31 January 2024 at 11:11 PM

@chihiro_sang
Thank you very much!! 😸