Suddenly aggressive ads?

in Problems & Bugs

Female
897 posts

saturna • 7 March 2024 at 10:00 PM

I play EggCave on a mobile device. Normally the ads are at most a slight annoyance, but they're not too disruptive and I understand their purpose so I can tolerate them.

However today when I look through pages on the site I have an ad placed under every other block of text on my screen, spacing out the page strangely. And a lot more ads are showing up per page. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this new placement of ads intentional, or an error with some new way of formatting the site?

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 7 March 2024 at 10:19 PM

@saturna
This does not sound normal. Please send in a ticket so that Ian can fix whatever has gone wrong.

Female
897 posts

saturna • 7 March 2024 at 10:20 PM

Will do, thanks!

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 8 March 2024 at 10:38 AM

I can second that, but I play on a desktop comp. I have to scroll down to see more then half a screen and the popups are not gone. Should I file a ticket too?

Female
6 posts

mojob3anz • 8 March 2024 at 5:15 PM

this is happening to me too !! i switch between mobile and desktop and usually feed creatures on my phone as its more accessable and easier for me…not so much rn with the amount of ads, there are 6 on this page alone rn haha

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 8 March 2024 at 5:45 PM

Ads are everywhere ome mobile, it makes Eggcave almost unplayable 😭
There’s ads in the middle of profile walls, forum threads, and above the previously seen eggs on the cave, basically everywhere I look there’s an ad

Male
176 posts

kleineprinz • 9 March 2024 at 7:48 PM

I have been unable to feed my creatures normally for several days because of the ads. I no longer return food and I barely feed my creatures. In the long term I would stop playing if it remains in the current state of things, I am wasting too much time and it would be out of the question to hold an event in this situation.

Female
2,942 posts

heatherm19 • 9 March 2024 at 9:07 PM

@suzanab @mojob3anz @pastelrabbit @kleineprinz Have you sent in tickets? That's the best way to get this noticed. And if you can send screenshots of what the abundance of ads looks like, that will help.

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 10 March 2024 at 11:27 AM

Well, it was ok for a while, now they're back and I have to scroll down again to see the screen, the top ad is that big. I'll file a ticket just now.

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 10 March 2024 at 11:48 PM

Seconding this problem~ I've already submitted a ticket, but there seems to be hella ads on mobile (I use Safari typcally)

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 11 March 2024 at 4:14 PM

The ad problem has been resolved and they should be gone within an hour. Please send in a ticket if you continue to encounter the problem ads.