newbie ^-^

in Welcomes & Introductions

11 posts

janeymo • 31 March 2024 at 9:59 AM

hi everyone,

just discovered this game, it's so cute! I'm really enjoying snooping lol, to see all the different kinds of pets!

is there a trick to getting lots of items? or is it a 'if you need it for a quest, you just buy it'?

Female
2,936 posts

heatherm19 • 31 March 2024 at 10:36 AM

@janeymo Personally I stock up on items when I can, just go through the shops and buy whatever I think I might eventually need. This is how, for instance, I recently did a 12-quest day without needing to buy anything, I already had everything needed. This also helps keep the 'overpaying in a user-shop because it's the only option' to a minimum.

Welcome to Eggcave! I hope you enjoy it here. 😊

11 posts

janeymo • 31 March 2024 at 10:40 AM

awesome! thanks so much, that answers my question perfectly 😃

how do you know what you might need?

Female
245 posts

lilyane • 31 March 2024 at 10:56 AM

@janeymo

Welcome, welcome! Thanks for feeding all of my creatures ❤️

For the quests, as a newbie or returning player- the first step is lots and lots of EC. Like what other players have advised, you should focus on one specific quest (e.g. Baked Buns Quest). In this case, just keep buying from The Bakery until you have a stock of each item.

But, be warned that it costs quite a lot.. I got my hands on 850k EC, and my strongroom is at 1,025 types of items (mostly travels & trinkets, kinda went ham on buying the pretty ones XD)

Edit: You won't know what you need until you start the quest, it's random so.. you'll need to visit the shop beforehand or hope to get the item you want within 12 hours.

Other than that, check out the Quest Swapping Thread -> https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/70055 or search up the User Shops if it's affordably priced.

Agender
96 posts

silvia • 31 March 2024 at 11:16 AM

Hello and welcome to EggCave, hope you have fun! ✨

There's a ton to do here, so I'll link this useful Newbie's Guide: it covers a lot of things. There's also the player guide here, and If you have more questions don't hesitate to use the help boards, people and staffers will be happy to help.

11 posts

janeymo • 1 April 2024 at 5:11 AM

Thanks so much for all the help and advice! ❤️

Female
11 posts

ramea • 17 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Hi there! ❤️