From 100,000 ec to 100cc

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
79 posts

draikmaster • 11 October 2011 at 5:59 AM

It will be really cool if we could trade 100,00 ec for 100cc and it makes it easier to get !

Female
307 posts

ayuzawa • 11 October 2011 at 6:12 AM

@draikmaster,

ya, but CC is this website's source of income. They can't exactly give it out for free.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 11 October 2011 at 9:41 AM

No.
While 100,000ec might seem like a lot to you there are people on here who have millions of ec. If this were to be implemented those people, one of them being me, could utterly break the Egg Cave economy by converting all our ec into cc.

And as ayuzawa said, cc is how Ian keeps this website running. If we take that away Egg Cave will die because Ian wouldn't be able to pay the server cost anymore.

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 11 October 2011 at 9:44 AM

@draikmaster
If anything, then it should either be

1,000,000 EC (one million EC) to 1 CC
or
1,000,000,000 EC (one billion EC) to 100 CC

Female
5,902 posts

seaangel • 11 October 2011 at 9:51 AM

Good point.

Female
1,043 posts

gvantsa • 11 October 2011 at 10:19 AM

Lol if they did make it 1 billion ec for 100cc people would start feeding each other's creatures even more often. Activity would go up. I think that would be awesome.

Female
1,525 posts

himitsutenshin • 11 October 2011 at 10:22 AM

@gvantsa

I agree with you! You're totally right! 😃

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 11 October 2011 at 10:23 AM

CC keeps the site running. If we could all suddenly get it without paying, Egg Cave would fall apart. Dx

Anyway, this has been suggested many times, and Ian has already disapproved of it. ;]

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 11 October 2011 at 10:29 AM

Hmm... I would say maybe one million EC for 50 CC? One person I know has 27 million. 0_o

3,562 posts

cafe • 11 October 2011 at 10:29 AM

I like the 1 billion one
Lololol
Because I know a //lot// of people who don't have that much. They find 200,000 rich. So it would have a lot of people feed more, as @gvantsa said.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 11 October 2011 at 10:34 AM

Being able to change ec into cc is just a bad idea. If that were to happen the site would lose money. Yes people would feed more but we'd probably get to the point were Ian wouldn't be able to pay the server costs and then there would be no more Egg Cave.

You may not like it but cc helps pay for Egg Cave to keep running. Take it away or allow people to get it without paying for it and we run the risk of losing Egg Cave.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 11 October 2011 at 10:43 AM

Just the whole idea of EC to CC is a bad idea,
but CC to EC, well,
hopefully it's implemented soon. 😊

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 11 October 2011 at 10:48 AM

Usually it's people with CC who think EC > CC is a bad idea.
I don't have CC thus I think this is a great idea. xD

3,562 posts

cafe • 11 October 2011 at 10:50 AM

I buy CC sometimes
I think it would be a nice idea, if they found a balance.
I think the only problem is, they wouldn't find a balance between the CC and EC, and that some of the people who've bought CC might get mad,

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 11 October 2011 at 10:57 AM

@cafe
It wouldn't be the first time users get angry over CC. Everyone who couldn't get CC was furious when CC was introduced on the site. (Oh, I remember the days...) *feels old* 8D
There are probably a lot more users without CC on Egg Cave than the opposite so I think it would make a lot of people happier too.
Still, you're right that it might cause problems.

3,562 posts

cafe • 11 October 2011 at 11:03 AM

@silverserpent

I'm for it
XD
I'm saying what Ian himself said [I saw it somewhere, it's just what I rememeber]
Because all I saw was the thing about how the site needs money

Ian said he wouldn't mind making a converter but for the above reasons.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 11 October 2011 at 11:04 AM

http://www.serverschool.com/dedicated-servers/how-much-does-a-dedicated-server-cost/

Egg Cave is most likely using a dedicated server and it's probably not using the low quality cheap ones. I know another site similar to this one pays almost $400 a month for their's. Egg Cave is probably paying similar amount of money to keep running. This is why CC is necessary. This is why being able to convert EC to CC is a bad idea. The money that would be lost by people converting EC into CC instead of buying it would hurt the site a lot. It's not an issue of "oh I can buy CC I don't want it to become less special by other people getting it without buying it", its an issue of CC keeps this place running and with out it Egg Cave would probably struggle to make the monthly server costs.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 11 October 2011 at 11:05 AM

@cafe

I think maybe the feeding rate would go up a bit for a while, but then the steady CC buyers would go lazy and buy CC again, like always. 😋

3,562 posts

cafe • 11 October 2011 at 11:09 AM

@silverserpent

Well, not lazy xD Just, easier.
500 CC, bought by you

free CC for one billion, which would take //days// to get [for me,lololol]

If I had the choice between the two, and had a lot of money and nothing to spend it on, I'd choose to buy it. [But, I have animals that I can spend it on instead.]

Also, about the mad thing -
I suggested CC eggs be dropped to 250
People said one of the problems would be some people who've bought eggs for 500 would be mad
I'd be jumping for joy, lololol.

1,562 posts

shelby • 11 October 2011 at 11:27 AM

I think it would be nice if this was implemented, however, I think Egg Cave would lose A LOT of income and then the site would be run into the ground and will have to be closed down. Now I'm sure we don't want this to happen.

I hope you understand my point 😊

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 11 October 2011 at 12:13 PM

@cafe
250 creatures would be nice, indeed. x)

@shelby
Now there's a pitch black opinion if I ever saw one.
IF it would turn out to be such a bad idea Ian could just change it back before Egg Cave is anywhere near bankruptcy. It would be rather stupid to just sit and watch the site go down the drain and not do anything about it. x)

1,562 posts

shelby • 11 October 2011 at 2:10 PM

@silverserpent

Well, if you think about it, things could happen to where Ian wouldn't be able to change it back right away, there could be problems where it won't change, say a bug, and then it takes longer than it should, then in the mean time people are still getting tons and tons of free CC.
So if all these people have a ton of CC, then they have no need to buy CC for a while. But Ian has to keep paying to keep the site running. And then since people weren't buying CC for a while, the lack of income forces him to shut the site down.

See?

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 11 October 2011 at 2:13 PM

@silverserpent And as I posted above its not cheap to run a site like this. And I'm sure Ian has other expenses that he has to worry about that are more important than Egg Cave.

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 11 October 2011 at 2:44 PM

Although the main problems of this idea has been brought up already, I will provide a response for the sake of being a bit more official.

The main concern with a EC to CC converter is that there is no set number that can be agreed upon or seem fair. The income for each user can vary from a few thousand EC to a few billion. If the convertor for CC is too high just for 100 CC, users will complain about how impossible it might seem and the lack of a more rewarding prize. If the convertor is too low, the new CC will likely end up dipping into the money used to pay for server costs.So, it can be seen how this might turn a bit controversial.

It is also worth noting that there is the possibility of EC being added to the Trade Center, thus tacking on another consideration for this idea. The Eggconomy might truly be thrown off balance because of it. 😋

The idea of an EC to CC convertor does sound like it might work on the surface, but digging deeper reveals much more complex problems to deal with.

3,562 posts

cafe • 11 October 2011 at 4:07 PM

@meteroid

I said that, but no one but @silverserpent seemed to see, lolol.

I think say 1 billion for 500 CC (Basically 1 egg) would be fair. And people shouldn't complain. If they think a free egg, that would otherwise cost them real money, for 1 billion is too much - too bad. They can get over it. Sorry to sound harsh, but complaining of that sounds bratty TBO.

xD

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 11 October 2011 at 4:09 PM

@meteroid

Ah, you always hit all the points with your posts. 😉

3,562 posts

cafe • 11 October 2011 at 4:35 PM

//Chopped liver, lololol//