I wish this could be a rule.

in Chit-Chat

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 September 2016 at 7:19 PM

I wish this could be a rule. That you can't say you are reserving something for someone and then trade it away/res it for someone else without them knowing. Now, I'm not calling anyone out here. This goes for EVERYONE. Recently I've been working like a SLAVE. No joke, for trades. When I finally get the cavecash after working my butt of they say it's reserved for someone else. I soo wish this was a rule..

Female
1,188 posts

gymnastics001 • 3 September 2016 at 7:22 PM

@lailaluckyseal87 I also wish that was a rule, it's happened to me, only once, but it was for something I really wanted. That would be helpful.

Deleted • 3 September 2016 at 7:23 PM

@lailaluckyseal87
It's common sense and etiquette. I feel horrible for you! People should already know that it's proper to notify you about a change in trade, rule or not.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 September 2016 at 7:24 PM

@gymnastics001 These things, I'm working for 4-5 hours straight everyday after school to get these trades...

FOR MOSTLY GIFTS.

I'm exhausted. Eggcave is a horrible place for me again.

Female
1,188 posts

gymnastics001 • 3 September 2016 at 7:27 PM

@lailaluckyseal87 I feel so bad, you work so much for a good thing, but then the other person just wants to get trade the creature/item/cc/ec so they just trade it without even thinking!

235 posts

shadowy_overseer • 4 September 2016 at 2:34 AM

@gymnastics001 @lailaluckyseal87 I've never had that happen to me, but dang, it must feel bad. I've obtained several creatures before in trades, and whenever I don't want a creature anymore or a new creature catches my eye, I'll definitely shoot off a new message to tell them.

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 4 September 2016 at 5:52 AM

@lailaluckyseal87
I'm pretty sure it has happened to me before! Also, sometimes people don't reply to me when they are literally online and I'm like ._. I'm sorry if it has happened to you before! I wish everyone had to have a last seen time 😋 Some people have it hidden, and then when you message them, you don't know if they are not replying you or not!

Female
89 posts

lzumi • 4 September 2016 at 7:30 AM

@lailaluckyseal87

It's common sense that if something is 'reserved' then it means that it belongs to another person, surely enough? So if it belongs to another person at that point, it's morally incorrect, as well aa a misuse of the word 'reserved' to trade it to someone else. I honestly feel awful for you, and I agree that it should be something on the Guidelines, because something like that is just plain unfair.

235 posts

shadowy_overseer • 4 September 2016 at 9:31 AM

@Izumi You're correct on that note, but unfortunately some people are lacking in the 'common sense' department. That, or they flat out don't care.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 4 September 2016 at 9:42 AM

@shadowy_overseer @lzumi @leafmelody @gymnastics001 I wish it was a rule. It's not kind at all ☹️

235 posts

shadowy_overseer • 4 September 2016 at 9:43 AM

@lailaluckyseal87 I agree, except I wouldn't call it being unkind - I'd call it 'lacking basic manners'.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 4 September 2016 at 10:04 AM

@lailaluckyseal87 Already PMed you my experience. It's totally not fair!! People sell stuff to get what the other people are asking for that normally they wouldn't sell, and then the person said they already sold their pet!! Omg it's so frustrating and nobody wants to trade back for your lost beloved pets! ☹️ not fair!

1,853 posts

purgatory • 4 September 2016 at 7:39 PM

@lailaluckyseal87 not that i ever experienced it but it sounds like something I would not want to happen >:I this is like the same thing as ripping people off!! We totally need this to be a rule...

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 10 September 2016 at 2:07 AM

@lailaluckyseal87 - I don't really trade anything, but I'd say that this must have been dreadful for you... Yes, this should be a rule. It's pretty horrible and unfair for everyone.