Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 13 February 2017 at 6:39 AM

Okay guys. With Valentine's Day being tomorrow, I just wanna get this out.

So I have this huge, crazy crush on this guy and the thing is that it's my first crush ever. Now, I'm not going into specifics on my age, but I will say that I am studying in university. Hopefully, that will give you guys an idea on how old I am.

Back to the topic, this is the first crush I've ever had in my entire life and I have no idea what to do. At all. As cliche as it sounds, I can't talk to him because I get distracted by his eyes.
I get so frustrated because I'm unable to even say a word, or if I do, I get no filter and start babbling nonsense. My heart rate spikes tenfold and I don't know what to do.
I've managed to be able to wave and smile when I see him, but that's pretty much all I've been able to do.

We were classmates before, so yes, he does know me. I'm just finding my feelings to be incredibly frustrating and difficult to deal with right now. I wanna talk, but I can't.
I'm not sure if he likes me (even as just a friend), but then again, I have a wild imagination so I might be over-analyzing things.

My friends have told me that he looks at me sometimes and he has a tendency to look away when I make eye contact or he stares intently back. I don't know what to make of this.

I was planning to give a my friends and some acquaintances some chocolate tomorrow and I was planning to give him some too.

Any other advice you guys could give?

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 13 February 2017 at 1:45 PM

My brother's trying to bribe me with lunch to go pick him up.

I can't decide if I'm hungry or not. 😋

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 February 2017 at 1:51 PM

@fairy_tail
I think you should give him some chocolates. Just to be nice, and when he sees he's not the only one, he won't really suspect anything.
I'd be happy to chat with you in a message, if you'd like it.

@April__
If you can decide whether or not you're hungry, then... you're probably not hungry...
Ask yourself: is it worth the trouble? Or would you rather just sit around? 😃 best thing I can tell you.

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 13 February 2017 at 1:56 PM

@flowerlynx Rocks. Rocks rocks rocks!

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 February 2017 at 2:15 PM

@leafstarofskyclan
Yep... if you like rocks...
Rocks rock.

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 13 February 2017 at 2:24 PM

@flowerlynx

I'd take you up on that offer. Hit me up with a PM, yeah? Thanks so much for this!

Male
660 posts

brad • 13 February 2017 at 2:25 PM

Uh, I've never actually posted here before so... hi everyone!

@fairy_tail
Speaking as a guy. Just go for it.

Guys are rarely ever the ones that are "wanted." We're pretty much always the ones that have to do the asking out, we have to approach the girl, all that type of stuff.

But the times that the girl shows the interest, it's amazing. It feels great to be the one that is wanted for a change.
There could be a girl I never really thought about being together with before, that I all of a sudden find out is interested in me. She pretty much instantly becomes 10x more attractive. I'll find myself thinking about her and everything, just by finding out that she likes me.

It's just so rare to be on that side of things for a guy, it feels great when it happens.

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 13 February 2017 at 2:26 PM

@o_o Hai.

@flowerlynx Rocks rock.

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 13 February 2017 at 2:29 PM

@o_o

You really think so? That makes me feel so much better!

I was just worried that maybe he'd find it kinda weird or something, to have a girl like him (so much).

The thing is, we actually have a lot in common. But the problem is that we've never had a real conversation with each other outside of causal greetings.

Won't it seem too sudden to learn that a girl he barely knows likes him?

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 February 2017 at 2:43 PM

@leafstarofskyclan
It's true, rocks rock. I have a funny story about rocks...
In P.E., we're doing a health unit on vitamins, and healthy stuff (you don't want to hear about it). There's a poster with rocks on it near where I sit, and my table and I were all talking about it. The teacher turned to us, and gave my table group the nickname, "the Rock Girls". It's really weird...
But awesome at the same time. 😸

Male
660 posts

brad • 13 February 2017 at 2:46 PM

@leafstarofskyclan
lol, hi. Long time no talk. 😋

@fairy_tail
I'm not real sure, honestly. You might just have to use your own judgement a little bit?

In one case, it was a girl that was in a class that I was in twice a week, and that's all I saw of her.
While we were waiting around for different things, she would just come up and start casually talking to me.

After just a couple times of talking to her, she some how found me on facebook and added me. (Still no idea how she found me. lol) She started the conversations first, but it got to the point where we would both start talking to each other all the time on there... and it just kinda escalated from there.

I'm sure it's going to be a case-by-case thing, but yeah.. I don't know.

But I mean, hey, Valentine's day gives you a great excuse, haha.
Whatever you do though, good luck! 😊

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 February 2017 at 2:48 PM

@o_o
Hello there. Never really talked with you before... 😊

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 13 February 2017 at 2:52 PM

@flowerlynx Lmao that's hilarious. I sit at a table next to four different volcano posters.

@o_o I know right. Definitely wasn't just talking to you 😋

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 February 2017 at 2:53 PM

@leafstarofskyclan
Volcano, you say?
You can't be Volcano Girl, then. XD

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 13 February 2017 at 2:57 PM

@flowerlynx Lmao There is only one boy at our table of three. Another girl occasionally joins us, and right now I have a massive headache and just want her and her emo comments GONE.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 February 2017 at 3:01 PM

@leafstarofskyclan
Oh, okay. At least I'm not emo, then...
I don't ever plan on becoming emo...

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 13 February 2017 at 3:02 PM

@flowerlynx Please don't be emo. I would never forgive you lmao I don't plan on it either...

She's so annoying.

Anyways. Lunch in five minutes!

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 February 2017 at 3:07 PM

No, lunch is at 12:35...
Only joking, I know your schedule is different.
Hope your lunch ends up tasting good. 😸

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 13 February 2017 at 3:07 PM

@o_o

Wow! That girl must've had a lot of courage.

I'm rendered completely unable to speak to the guy. I want to, so very much, but (and I'm not kidding when I say this) it's like staring at the sun. I can't look too long without having to look away. Then I start babbling nonsense if I ever even manage to get something out.
I'm working my way to starting a conversation though. Gearing myself. Getting ready. Hopefully, soon.

Actually, I added him on facebook too. Problem is, he hasn't even accepted my friend request. I don't know what to make of that...

It's true though, that I can use Valentine's Day as an excuse. And hopefully it turns out okay.

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 13 February 2017 at 3:08 PM

@flowerlynx

Eh, I went to pick him up. I'm a good sister 😉

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 February 2017 at 3:10 PM

@April__
How nice of you.
I wouldn't have picked my brother up... it's not like I could, 'cause I can't even drive.
Did he get you lunch, at least?

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 13 February 2017 at 3:11 PM

@flowerlynx

He offered, but I didn't want anything. I just wanted to get home. I'm tired, haha.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 February 2017 at 3:13 PM

@April__
You need a nap? Of course you do. Who doesn't?
I wish I could have one right now, but it'd be a little odd to fall asleep during class...

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 13 February 2017 at 3:13 PM

@flowerlynx

I don't have work today. It's a stat where I am.
So happy about that.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 February 2017 at 3:16 PM

@April__
Lucky... I'm just mostly hungry, and I wish I could be home eating food and being lazy.
Although, that won't happen.
Lunch is in 10 minutes anyhow.
Why is there no work? If it's personal, you don't have to answer.

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 13 February 2017 at 3:16 PM

@flowerlynx

It's a stat. 😉 Meaning that no one in the province has work or school today.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 February 2017 at 3:18 PM

@April__
Totally missed that...
You're in Canada, I believe. Well, I'm in America, so I had no clue what you were talking about...
We just have holidays, and snow days. Nothing like the stat you talked about.

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 13 February 2017 at 3:20 PM

@flowerlynx

Today is 'family day'. Which is apparently a stat holiday.
I think it's just an excuse to get a day off in February.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 13 February 2017 at 3:21 PM

@April__
It probably is...
Are you having a fun day?

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 13 February 2017 at 3:26 PM

@flowerlynx

Besides being woken up by my brother messaging me to pick him up, haha yeah.

How about you?