Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 21 March 2024 at 9:21 PM

@myriadium
Polished to a shine if you're talking about coal ❤️
I'm thinking that they might equate onscreen prowess with being well written which..is not true.
Regrettably that's exactly what they think. They mistake either screentime or poorly written character arcs or strength as good characters. The animation is fantastic, the fight scenes are usually pretty good and some are spectacular. I hate Gojo so, so much.

What annoys me the most is that we can just compare this to Frieren and draw parallels to the characters in both anime. We can see just how much more rounded each character is in Frieren and the same level of detail exists for the female and male characters. Importantly, the characters are nor caricatures either. Frieren herself is such a good example of a much better written character as there's a much more realistic balance between Frieren being this absolutely fearsome mage and then a completely normal person living their life, including the elf part and being 1000+ years old. Fern also shares these characteristic but isn't as fleshed out as a character but I think that's because her character is a bit more subtle. I love her but I really don't know what to make of her.

Of course there's some male gaze moments but I think until shounen anime realizes that women watch their stuff too, which I hope Frieren is helping with, it won't go away. Is Frieren perfect? Not at all but it's a huge step closer to good shounen anime that doesn't treat women like trash good representation of women.

Also, watch Frieren as it's a mish mash of a slice of life and shounen and has wonderful pacing.

Non-binary
1,070 posts

distorted • 21 March 2024 at 11:12 PM

hi egg cave 😃 popping it to say. you should play in stars and time. its really good. like a really good game. like. timeloops. like im obsessed w it.

also i might watch frieren i put off watching it cs idk. ig the artstyle didnt interest me all that much?

anyways play in stars and time you wont regret it~

1,133 posts

hikanu • 3 April 2024 at 4:43 AM

"We'll get back to you within 10 business days..."
I am going to need to borrow a phone to call these people, aren't I?

Honestly I am flabbergasted. They may need 10 whole days!? Who do these people have working for them? I doubt they're getting flooded with requests on the daily, I'll cut them some slack because it's been Easter. But good God. I need my phone to work. I can't bloody well look for jobs properly when people can't call me, now, can I!?

*grumbles*

Female
471 posts

aardbeix3 • 4 April 2024 at 4:36 PM

@hikanu wait, they didn't give you a phone while you're waiting for your own phone to be repaired?? 😱

1,133 posts

hikanu • 4 April 2024 at 5:11 PM

@aardbeix3 I bought a new phone and switched from one provider to another because I could get a substantial discount. (My broke backside needs the extra money for other things, like a new frying pan.)
They just transferred my number before I'd received the sim, so I got stuck in limbo.

So I had a phone. It just couldn't do the most basic thing a phone is meant to do.

It turned up in the mail today, so fortunately I didn't have to take my ire out on their poor employee who would be the last person at fault for this mess. Truth be told, I should probably be angry at the postal service if anything.

But I am still shocked it takes them that long to reply to an email. Sure they have an online chat, but I have not seen it available once in the last week.

Female
471 posts

aardbeix3 • 4 April 2024 at 5:20 PM

@hikanu ah I understand, new phones and sims are always such a fuss :/
I'm glad you got it in the mail today though!
I also expected a delivery today but it got delayed.. -_-
I was home all day today and tomorrow I probably won't be and it was delayed to tomorrow. Typical postal service...

1,133 posts

hikanu • 4 April 2024 at 5:38 PM

@aardbeix3 I didn't even get a timeline to work with.
But yeah, it sucks when delays happen.

Non-binary
1,070 posts

distorted • 8 April 2024 at 5:55 PM

SOLAR ECLIPSE!!! TODAY!!!

some neat pics my dad took : https://ibb.co/MhVN073 & https://ibb.co/Q9pbDdR
classmate's pic : https://ibb.co/SyBcb7t

Female
2,699 posts

jlya • 1 week ago

I'm in such a good mood today! Super random, no particular reason - just enjoying the spring weather and happy to be alive. 😃 Hoping to be productive, we'll see if that works out xD
Wishing you all a wonderful mood/day as well ❤️