Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 21 September 2023 at 2:35 PM

@okami
oof... us shy quite types can be very exciting TYVM. lol.
...just not too many give us the chance to show that side of ourselves.
sadly, in business speak "exciting" usually equates with outgoing & bold : /

Glad you're staying positive though ^^
(too bad bills don't have your patience and optimism. : P )

- - - - -

October 1st:
Reminder, since the 1st falls on a Sunday, 2x Feed Day falls a week "early".
the 2nd Sunday is only a week from now, one week into October.

1,976 posts

opalquinze • 10 October 2023 at 5:27 PM

should i make a topic bout defunct virtual worlds/MMORPGS? this came to my mind after seeing sleepycalaban's masterlist of active virtual pet sites (they're thinking bout including defunct ones later on if possible), so i wanna know if this would be alright to make if it hasn't been made yet

granted, it'll take a while since i haven't decided whether to format it as an archive list (based on info left on web) or from personal experiences (from those memories i've only played back then, so there might be some bias and leave out a lot of info)

EDIT: i made a topic bout it since i haven’t seen anybody make one! title’s long, but i prob will shorten it later somehow

Female
228 posts

discordia • 2 November 2023 at 3:34 AM

That would be really interesting, I'm ancient so when I think of defunct worlds I think of Second Life (I mean it's still alive, just really weird) as that ironically had it's own vendors and little mini games in it including pet collecting like chickens and horses that were scripted among other things. Worlds is also another one that's pretty spooky.

Pet sites have come and gone, but I'm very happy Eggcave has always had a dedicated team and community that loves the site/concept.

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 15 November 2023 at 4:37 AM

Hey guys, I have a question. I’m keen for my Flunny to reach lvl1000 (it would be my first pet ever to reach this level) but I rebirthed her too soon… Do pets still level up as normal after the stat reset or do you need to achieve the previous stats first before the pet can upgrade further? 😭💔

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 November 2023 at 12:24 AM

@senkou I don't know if anyone has answered you yet elsewhere, but if you reset a pet's stats, you start over from scratch. All zeroed out.
- - - - - - - -

So there I was joking to someone the other week about referring to Twitter now X, as"Eggs", and have since made egg related puns about how I use my Wall here.

Well, I've heard of message in a bottle, but apparently message by Egg is not a new idea >.< lol

https://www.insideedition.com/92-year-old-iowa-woman-reunites-with-worlds-oldest-egg-she-signed-72-years-ago-83507
(if this won't play in your country, try searching for egg message Mary Foss)

(this almost made me think of the insurance/Facebook commercial with the lady posting sticky notes on living room wall.)

Female
484 posts

aardbeix3 • 26 November 2023 at 9:25 AM

Hope everyone's having an amazing day (:

Gender Fluid
15 posts

simon • 26 November 2023 at 12:33 PM

What other games do you guys play?
I’ve been getting back into Pokémon recently! : 3

Non-binary
67 posts

endrolled • 26 November 2023 at 10:42 PM

@simon i love pokemon!! which one is your favorite? i like shedinja the best

Gender Fluid
15 posts

simon • 29 November 2023 at 9:12 AM

@endrolled its hard to choose! eevee is my childhood favorite, but now i feel like i have so many favorites its too hard to pick one lol!
do you have a favorite game? personally i rlly like black/white and sword/shield :]

1,134 posts

hikanu • 29 November 2023 at 10:55 AM

@simon Pokemon is great, I'm a gen 1-3 person, so I'm most familiar with the early games. Though I've been getting into fangames for a while. The last one being Pokemon Infinite Fusion. If you already have trouble picking a favorite... Yeah, that one does not help. At all. XD

Non-binary
67 posts

endrolled • 29 November 2023 at 10:52 PM

@simon oh wow, picking a favorite game is actually pretty hard! i've gotten really into fangames and rom hacks over the years, but when it comes to main series pokemon, i think either platinum or black/white would be my favorite. i've had fun with lots of them, though!

24 posts

spottledmutt • 2 December 2023 at 12:07 PM

Hey y'all I (re)joined eggcave a couple days ago! I used to have an account but decided to make a new one since I was not even that active on the other one. I want to get more into it though

1,558 posts

dragonii • 2 December 2023 at 1:52 PM

@spottledmutt Hello!! we always need active users in the forms haha, things can get super duper slow here. but active and respectful users are always amazing to have around. 😊

--

@opalquinze i know this post is from october but thats such a cool list! I used to be really into a lot of virtual world MMOs when i was younger. (its how i found eggcave) One i remember loving as a kid was Pixie Hollow MMORPG. Loved that website before they so rudely removed it haha.

24 posts

spottledmutt • 2 December 2023 at 1:53 PM

@dragonii Im definetly becoming pretty active! I'm currently trying to do quests but cant find any of what i need

Female
2,232 posts

ashlinnhi • 3 December 2023 at 12:58 AM

@spottledmutt welcome back!! for questing, did you look across the NPC shops and user shops in addition to your own inventory?

234 posts

spookyfrog • 3 December 2023 at 1:30 AM

SHOUTBOX!

this place seems cool. dont see many people shouting though.
These quests are killing me man. I'm really trying to get an Abet and im so behind on the General Food tokens.

24 posts

spottledmutt • 3 December 2023 at 3:51 PM

@ashlinnhi Ive gotten it all figured out and linked my number to acc so now i can do dailies

Female
484 posts

aardbeix3 • 4 December 2023 at 8:48 AM

@spookyfrog ugh indeed these quests... Like the second item I needed was a million EC
LOL

1,558 posts

dragonii • 6 December 2023 at 12:46 PM

@spookyfrog I grew with you, there isn't a lot of shouting in this shout box.
quests are definitely rough, but I see you got an Abet though!!

--

I'm finally getting out of a cold, but I'm still so sleepy haha.
I'm also trying to get back into drawing, as I haven't drawn as much as I would have liked this year.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 6 December 2023 at 4:42 PM

Fingers crossed. I haven't slipped and fallen... yet.

So much snow. Good thing I bought new boots last month or I'd have been in serious trouble. XD

Also... Do drive carefully in the snow people... I just saw one reckless driver who slid all over the road, the idiot nearly drove sideways off the road.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 6 December 2023 at 4:48 PM

@hikanu Fingers crossed! I hope you stay safe where you're at!

it hasn't snowed where I am yet(thankfully). But, I'm scared for when it does haha. I've only recently got my drivers license, so this will year might be my first time driving in snow.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 6 December 2023 at 5:13 PM

@dragonii I do my best!

We usually don't get this much snow, and usually not much in December at all, but it decided to start snowing a week ago and we've been stuck with it since. We got the 3rd fresh layer of snow today. Anyway people don't really know what to do since we're not used to this amount of snow, it's like soap on the roads because they can't keep up with clearing it and spreading salt is like a lost cause.

I should borrow the car and go drive in the snow just for the practice because I haven't had the chance to drive in snow for years. But my brother has got the car at the moment, so, yeah, maybe later in winter I'll get to have a go at it.

My brother joked that I gave him the car because it was about to snow, haha. It snowed 3 days later and I'd had the car for 3 weeks by then.

When you do get to drive in the snow, just take it slow. Rather go too slowly than too fast until you get the hang of it. 😊

1,558 posts

dragonii • 7 December 2023 at 10:05 PM

@hikanu Oh man, i am actually a little Jealous haha. I want the snow to return, but it still hasn't made an appearance.

if you do borrow the car definitely be safe!

1,134 posts

hikanu • 8 December 2023 at 1:35 AM

@dragonii The winter is still long, I'm sure it'll make an appearance eventually. 😊

Of course, I do plan on doing just that.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 8 December 2023 at 7:27 PM

@hikanu the Is very very true!

Thats good, good luck when you do it!

--

I have a few animations I've been procrastinating on finishing. *pensive sighs*

But I wanna get them done before the end of the month. I do wanna stream me doing it, so I can trigger that body doubling aspect for me. but I don't have the internet to do such a thing. :C

but, here's to finishing my two animations before 2023 officially ends!

1,134 posts

hikanu • 12 December 2023 at 12:51 PM

Ran out of critters in the click exchange... ~exhausted~ so many Donnolas. XD

Female
228 posts

discordia • 13 December 2023 at 12:59 PM

@hikanu
Working overtime? You know sometimes when I go on click/feed sprees I get carpal tunnel.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 13 December 2023 at 1:02 PM

@discordia Yes. I need more EC for auctions. My hands are not happy. Ran out of click exchange critters today, too. XD

I'm about 50k short of my current goal. 6mil is a lot.

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 30 December 2023 at 10:03 PM

Happy early new year!

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 30 December 2023 at 11:16 PM

Yay new years is so soon !! Which means CRW SOOOONNNN