Female
916 posts

shirothekittehlover • 30 December 2023 at 11:51 PM

@dragrawr
YIPPEEEEEEE🎉🎉🎉

Female
2,544 posts

dragrawr • 30 December 2023 at 11:56 PM

@shirothekittehlover seriously so excited. If it was my idea I’m gonna lose it (I never formerly suggested but very few know my idea)

Female
916 posts

shirothekittehlover • 31 December 2023 at 12:15 AM

Unrelated but
With the 50 feeds thing going on I've officially decided to freeze this lil man bc I like him and his pose in this stage :>

1,133 posts

hikanu • 3 January 2024 at 2:09 PM

*Frustrated screaming* .... I am just about running out of patience. XD

131... Still no Sunniflat.

141... Still nothing.

Edit Jan 4th:

187 attempts. Finally.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 5 January 2024 at 8:16 PM

@hikanu it took you 187 cave attempts to get a sunniflat?

I haven't tried but now I'm thinking, maybe I should try and get it myself before I lose the chance to get it, gaha.

1,133 posts

hikanu • 5 January 2024 at 8:21 PM

@dragonii Yup. Got a Chipmint on release day, no problem although they've been absent for a couple of days now. Sunniflat took 4 days. Then again I got 2 Sunniflats on day 4 on attempts 187 and 190. I've found another one today on attempt 247.

Maybe you should. Or maybe you'll be lucky unlike some of us. 😊

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 10 January 2024 at 5:43 PM

Two days off work means more time for Eggcave and questing. It will be great!

Non-binary
45 posts

lifeform42 • 12 January 2024 at 12:14 AM

@mastergemma That sounds awesome! I gotta catch up with assignments and then a meditation retreat, but on Saturday I have a bit where I’m headed to the barber where I’ll have time to play as well as during study breaks ofc

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 13 January 2024 at 11:19 AM

One time, on someone else's creature suggestion that I really loved, I posted a comment with only pings. Really wanted others to check it out!

My post was deleted and I received a warning:

eggcaveteam • 9 Mar 2023, 3:52 PM
Please do not bump topics, this includes posts that are just a list of pings and little else. Bumping is spam and not allowed. Your posts should add to the topic at hand and not just be for the purpose of pushing your topic to the top of the page.

However, I have seen multiple times now where other users are posting with just pings or pings and little else. And yet, I've noticed that those are not deleted? To be clear: My issue is *not* with anyone posting just pings, I don't mind a post with just pings. My issue is, why did my post get deleted that one time, and I received a warning? If you're going to have a rule, stick to your own rule, if you're going to have a rule, follow it for all users. If you think you could miss a user breaking this rule, and the broken rule isn't necessarily going to harm anyone, then don't have it be a rule. Rules should be all or nothing, not pick and choose whenever you see it happening. Or alternatively, maybe someone reported my post. I just don't see it as a problem. I did it once. It's not like every other post was me with a list of pings only.

1,133 posts

hikanu • 13 January 2024 at 6:48 PM

As much as you would like to ignore your problems sometimes... They do not go away. And today my dad saw fit to ask me about my finances.

By God... I haven't been this broke since I was a student 9 years ago lol. I have managed to live off of my savings for 2½ years and clearly I suck at working myself up to finding a job, because I really have no clue what I want to do, so I am going to have to apply for benefits and have them force my hands. Such a good citizen I am... XD

Non-binary
45 posts

lifeform42 • 15 January 2024 at 9:27 AM

I am extremely tired this morning truth be told. But I’m about to head to a meditation retreat so I’m looking forward to that. In the meantime I have some course work to do so I’m gonna make some breakfast and then get to work on that!

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

1,133 posts

hikanu • 15 January 2024 at 10:43 AM

So I went to the jobcenter today... It was somehow less daunting than I expected. On another note, I'll be going back tomorrow because something came up today and they couldn't fit me in for a consultation. But the lady behind the counter was nice, which likely helped me not panic outside of the initial adrenaline boost just from stepping into a building with strangers that will expect things from me I know nothing about. XD

@lifeform42 Enjoy your retreat! 😊

Deleted • 20 January 2024 at 4:22 PM

Feeding creatures here is so relaxing it actually helped me fight off insomnia and sleep well again, for which I'm very, very grateful. 😭🙏

Female
1,288 posts

daisycat • 29 January 2024 at 9:57 PM

January's random monthly theme is FOOD. But, it hasn't felt very foody to me? ;P Even the CC travels were not food-themed, be them pretty as most winter themes and landscapes are.

I'M HANGRY!!

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 4 February 2024 at 2:14 AM

Today is the day I watch Chicken Run 2. The studio behind it has a cult following which I am glad to say I am a part of because who doesn't love their beautifully crafted CLAY movies!

I have been going through my M:TG cards that I have aside to put into decks to see which ones would be better for trading. I'm hoping to try and sell them all as from now one I have a perferance for proxie cards. I very much want to limit the money I give to Wizards of the Coast since they are completely oblivious to how their actions harm their community. One person may not make a large dent but it's a dent in my pocket that does not exist anymore which is a start.

My friends wish to start a little business selling home made goods and I will be parttaking in this with some little crochet items. I'm going to start small with some pretty bows, flowers, bees, hair ties and hearts. When I gain more speed with my crocheting I can start preparing larger items.

I eventually wish to make a little crochet cloak for myself for my DnD character who has a little dragon-like creature that they will eventually be able to ride. I don't know what colour so far but I'm leaning towards a dark yellow for the base colour. It will be incredible when finished but it is also a major project. But a good thing would be if I have too much leftover yarn I could use that to make and sell flowers or darker coloured bees. I definitely won't be storing or wasting yarn in this household.

@sinthr
I'm glad to hear that, it is definitely incredibly relaxing to just click through coves while lying down. I do this on the rare occassion too at night with my phone's eye comfort shield on the maximum.

@hikanu
I wish you well with the job search, I hope it goes very quickly and you find a job you enjoy!

Female
471 posts

aardbeix3 • 4 February 2024 at 8:34 AM

@mastergemma I love Chicken Run! I think I watched the movie 30 times or something when I was a kid! I'm so excited for the second one, haven't watched it (yet) though. So nostalgic!
Reading about your crochet wants me to start making stuff out of Fimo again 😊

Female
2,201 posts

ashlinnhi • 4 February 2024 at 9:10 AM

@mastergemma always so good hearing about your crochet journey : ) ❤️ all the best for your friend's business and your adorable craft ideas!!

1,133 posts

hikanu • 4 February 2024 at 3:38 PM

@mastergemma Thanks! I hope I find something worthwhile, but I need to get out of my apartment or nothing will ever happen. I'll be meeting up with my job consultant (or whatever they're actually called) tomorrow for the first time, so that's exciting.

I sent off another two job applications today. I felt I was scraping the bottom of the barrel even though I've really barely gotten started, I've applied for the minimum of 6 jobs I'm required to. But I definitely sent applications to places I would have skipped over if I'd found something a little more interesting. I picked one out of convenience since it's a mile away and the other out of slight amusement at the irony. But the job center doesn't care whether I find a job interesting or not. Apply. Apply. Apply. XD

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 15 February 2024 at 3:04 PM

@hikanu
aaa good luck on your job hunting! i know a lot of college students who are graduating this school year and a lot of them have applied to many many jobs already. i don't have a finger on the pulse of the job market or anything, but from what i understand employment in a population works in waves, and it seems like we're in the middle of "layoff season", where companies cut costs n try to trim their workforce. i suppose it's a good time to fill in the missing slots?

i'm also looking for internships myself. my college has a lot of partnerships with companies so you don't have to compete with as many people but the major i'm in is extremely competitive and i'm soooo worried that i won't have a job this summer!

1,133 posts

hikanu • 15 February 2024 at 3:25 PM

@myriadium It's not like there are no available jobs in my area, I think there's just a lot of people fighting over them, comparatively speaking. And I am not qualified for the majority of them, limiting what I can apply for. While I do have 6 years of experience with customer support, it's not those jobs that are most prevalent. And I don't currently have a car, so public transport does limit me a little as well.

I'm not sure I'd say it's "lay off season" here since it's not too long ago it was in the news that unemployment hadn't been this low in a long time.

In any case, I am connected to the local jobcenter and receiving benefits in return for being at their beck and call, basically. So even if I don't find anything immediately, I at least won't end up on the streets (or back with my parents).

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 15 February 2024 at 3:53 PM

@hikanu
it depends on the industry for sure. i heard that tech has been really rough for recent graduates, and for the scientific research field that i'm in, there are a lot less jobs than the last couple of years (probs due to lack of funding :c). my friend works in a really big pharma company and her entire team got laid off which is insane to me. whenever the news talks about unemployment i always wonder how they evaluate their statistics, cus what i'm seeing is a bit different than what is reported. then again, it can vary in area.

jobcenters are places that give you resources in finding a job right? i didn't know they provide benefits to people! do you work for them or is it more of a support thing? i don't really know how those work lol

1,133 posts

hikanu • 15 February 2024 at 4:36 PM

@myriadium I am sure it varies from field to field. This report was in general, not field specific.

It is always a question how one evaluate statistics, because you can read whatever you want from them, really.

Yes, they help me with resources in the way that they give me help. That way I have a much higher chance of landing a job, than if I just did it all by myself. I'll be going back on Tuesday to talk with someone about how I best write these applications so they'll at least give me a chance, because I am not confident I can just wing it.
They don't really do the benefit thing, it's a different department, but they're linked in the sense that if I don't meet the criteria the jobcenter sets for me, my benefits will suffer.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 19 February 2024 at 7:03 AM

I am going down the old school RuneScape path, please send help. I have gone from level 30 mining to level 46 mining in just one day. Hearing those satisfying noises of when a task is complete, or the lack of noise if my character stops doing something is mesmerising and I cannot wait to reach level 99 (the max) fishing as that is my favourite thing to do in the game. I enjoy how AFK it can be too.

@aardbeix3
I have no idea what Fimo is but I am keen to learn! Chicken Run 2 is just as perfect as the first one, I implore you to watch it at your earliest availability.

@ashlinnhi
The more I discuss it with others the more I have to continue making it and not drop the project!

@hikanu
I had friends in the same position and I am currently in a similar position. I have a preferance of a job within a close distance of my house so I can public transport, if necessary but I also very much desire to not be customer facing.

@myriadium
I hope you are able to find an internship, especially a paid one. It very much disgusts me that pharmaceutical companies have layoffs as often as they do considering how critical they are to our lives.

Job centers are very interesting. My government has a section which is basically a job center and it is related to a payment to ensure that we survive. They also have ways to improve your qualifications like forklift training, first aid courses, etc. I hope to never need to go down this route but it is reassuring that it exists.

Female
471 posts

aardbeix3 • 19 February 2024 at 7:30 AM

@mastergemma I never played Runescape, I'm afraid if I start I get addicted haha. I've been playing WoW (Word of Warcraft) for many years, then got bored of it, started again, stopped again... haha

Fimo is clay you can bake in the oven and you can make all sorts of thing with it, like jewelry, keychains, bracelets, beads... I love it ❤️

1,133 posts

hikanu • 19 February 2024 at 10:10 AM

@mastergemma Close in distance would be awesome because I don't have consistent access to a car atm since my brother is using it to get to his job. I do have decent enough options of public transport, though.

I don't really mind the thought of facing customers, though. It's more the part of it where I am the one fixing their problems that isn't too appealing. But if it's the job I can get, well, I'll take it at least until something else presents itself.

Androgynous
92 posts

xlover • 19 February 2024 at 10:33 AM

I’m so late, but the fairies that were released in CRW are so pretty I must collect them all!!

Sometimes I wish there was a way to get notifications for this site on my phone… because I just forget it exists sometimes… like outta sight outta mind 😂

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 28 February 2024 at 12:55 AM

@xlover
That would be awesome but developing an app is a whole different board game than making a website. But I definitely would not complain about a widget for cave attempts or something.

@aardbeix3
Fimo sounds like fun but I don't think I would be good at it. I've always found making beads and things out of clay difficult and I believe I would swallow more than I could chew with making some.

My crochet is going as well as a barrel full of monkeys. The pattern isn't written well and the accompanying video is just as poor. I've got a friend and I'm going to see if she is able to produce a pattern that can make sense. The person who made the pattern: I have a link to my facebook group in all of my patterns proceeds to not have a single facebook link in this pattern. You cannot make this stuff up.

Spoilers/ complaints for JJK anime:

~~~~~~
I just hate this show so much. I hate shows that have such poorly written plot armour to the point where you can predict another character's death with ease and the treatment of female characters doesn't sit well with me. It also irks me so much that the most important female characters all die with rather poorly written, or no, character development.

Gojo is also such a terrible character. He's such a whiny child but is actually an adult and pretty much everything about him is the ultimate male gaze. He's the most powerful so he's allowed to basically insult literally anyone he wants or do anything with no consequence. I cannot believe he is allowed to be left alone with children! Then there's I think it was Toji who also perpetuates male gaze in a much more embarassing way. You could just remove his character and the show would automatically be much better.

Nobara just... sucked. Her whole character was written like she was already the strongest she was ever going to be (proven to be true) and then compared to her male counterparts was always defeated so easily. If you're going to be obtuse about the amount of damage that is an acceptable amount, at least make it the same for all of the characters instead of selectively lowering what the women can deal with compared to the men. This was so bad that even little ol' oblivious to everything ME was able to pick up on it.

I don't know if the manga share these poorly shown takes, nor do I care enough about it, but my goodness I do not understand why people are not discussing this more. I am so sick and tired of witnessing such poor character writing from shows that people are claiming to be masterpieces.

I wish I only watched the movie and not the seasons of anime because then I would have had a positive experience from this show.

Male
74 posts

gaika007 • 1 March 2024 at 2:36 PM

@xlover yes, they are beautiful 😍 could have one or two of them and I'm happy with it ^^ and these monthies are cute, hopefully I'll have them quickly

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 5 March 2024 at 7:35 PM

@mastergemma
lol i've heard that jjk is the epitome of all the top shounen tropes and polished to a shine. turns out the shine can be both good and ugly; respectively the action and the character writing. on one hand the designs and battle scenes in the anime are quite fun, mappa living up to their horrible workplace environment by giving its viewers insane animation and detailed scenes.

I do agree with you though. I don't understand why some people say that the women in jjk are well rounded characters. I'm thinking that they might equate onscreen prowess with being well written which..is not true. (and yeah even on that point all of the women characters get outclassed by the men so what even is the point you're trying to prove? just because you say this character is strong but then she gets killed off almost immediately, we have no reason to believe that she was powerful at all)

i don't think people should ever expect good character writing (ESPECIALLY not for women, sexism strikes once again yikes) in shounen. it sucks because i love beautiful and fluid animation but it often comes at a cost of the worst characters in fiction lol, but slice of life anime is too slow paced and boring for me to enjoy well rounded writing ☹️

1,133 posts

hikanu • 7 March 2024 at 6:47 AM

It's Thursday... I feel like this is the first time in 5 days I have time for myself. Problem is, I don't know what to do with it now. XD

Maybe I'll finally get around to that puzzle. I think it's been scattered on my table looking sad for at least a month now.