Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Female
2,736 posts

jlya • 28 April 2023 at 2:22 PM

Did anyone else see the new tags on the Archives page? SO much easier to sort through now!!! I'm so very appreciative to the staff for that update ❤️

@heatherm19
It does! Svea deserves it, been here through 5 years haha ^^

Ooh, good luck! Sorting cove lists is always a pain, they get all jumbled up every time you add a new creature. Takes more patience than I usually have so I wish you the best of luck xD

1,134 posts

hikanu • 30 April 2023 at 6:19 PM

I am sitting here watching an old animated Japanese movie... And I'm trying to work out whether I've watched the thing before or they've reused the plotline somewhere else...

I'm leaning towards the former and that I've just forgotten to add it to MAL. XD

Female
933 posts

shirothekittehlover • 1 May 2023 at 3:25 AM

My birthday is coming in 14 days (in my country) oh dear gosh I'm getting old now- /lh

1,978 posts

opalquinze • 1 May 2023 at 3:28 PM

i could be a dummy (since finding if this has been said before in forums is like a needle in a haystack), but has anyone came up with the topic of "i wish EggCave had more of [X] creatures"? or is that too demanding/confusing within the EC rules?

i wasn't exactly sure where to say this, so i was wondering if this sounds alright or not

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 1 May 2023 at 3:38 PM

@opalquinze
To be fair, it can be difficult to find if similar topics have been posted. That said, I don't think I've seen anything like this so maybe it's time to make one! ^.^ I like the idea. There are so many different types of critters on Egg Cave, and yet, so many not yet included! I don't see it as a demanding or confusing topic, I see it as a topic of inspiration and discussion. 😊

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 1 May 2023 at 3:40 PM

@opalquinze I think I made one like. AGES ago. Honestly, I would love to see this topic. As an artist I would like to know to maybe start brewing ideas that people would be interested in

1,978 posts

opalquinze • 1 May 2023 at 3:48 PM

ah alright! just wanted to know! not sure how i’m gonna word it out once i make the topic myself, but hopefully it’ll be easy enough to understand (cuz i’m terrible with words)!

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 1 May 2023 at 3:50 PM

@opalquinze
Yay! 😊

You could say something like...

While Egg Cave is full of many different types of wonderful creatures, what do you wish there were more of?
What animals or creatures are "missing" from Egg Cave that you'd love to see?

1,978 posts

opalquinze • 1 May 2023 at 4:13 PM

those do sound like nice openers! i’m currently typing it out, so hope you don’t mind me taking so long on something so simple!

1,134 posts

hikanu • 8 May 2023 at 7:51 PM

I think I might have annoyed my best friend just a little today... Rapid fire questions over text. XD
I went complete vacation planning mode. But it's official! We're going to London in August~
Just need to book a hotel... That is sort of the next step. Step one - transport. Step two - Harry Potter tour before they sold out lol - step 3, hotel.
You gotta have your priorities straight. XD

Female
933 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 May 2023 at 7:34 PM

Another creature suggestion of mine is going to be real next month I'm excited ;u;

Also, my birthday today 🎉

1,558 posts

dragonii • 14 May 2023 at 8:51 PM

@shirothekittehlover OOO HAPPY BRITHDAY!!! AND CONGRATS ON THE CREATURE BEING ACCEPTED!

-

I have been trying to get into competitive pokemon battling, The VGC specifically. Lately my brain has been not wanting to click with it so I've just been doing other things, but I really wanna figure out how to actually get a high ranking in the VCG.

Female
2,736 posts

jlya • 16 May 2023 at 12:44 PM

My best friend got married yesterday and I am so ecstatic for her and emotional :') I got to be a bridesmaid and it was just such a beautiful wedding ❤️ I've known her since I was 8 years old so it's hard to wrap my brain around the fact she's married now. But I'm over the moon happy for her.

@shirothekittehlover
Happy late birthday! ❤️

1,134 posts

hikanu • 25 May 2023 at 10:41 AM

Mom: *rumages through drawer* "Don't I have a...?"
Dad: "If not, I'm sure you've got a lid for it."
Mom: "I don't have a lid for a sieve, you moron."

Mom was looking for a sieve to rinse off the strawberries. XD
And dad can't ever find the right lid for the right container.

Female
933 posts

shirothekittehlover • 1 June 2023 at 1:53 AM

Fish has become real, I iz happy (=^-ω-^=)

1,134 posts

hikanu • 2 June 2023 at 8:55 PM

Today I learned why I nearly jumped out of my skin yesterday. Two of our military F-16 jets broke the sound barrier...

Let's just say, I was glad I'd managed to put the knife down before the sonic boom that rattled the door to my apartment hit. Jesus that was loud.

I'm used to them flying by frequently and they're loud enough on a normal fly by. XD

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 5 June 2023 at 12:44 PM

tl;dr: I make badges and trophies for Nest, the guild. I've made over 45 unique designs. Someone else just made a badge... for me...!!?! 🥹 It's @wonder404exe! I've received the "Badge Lord" badge! (Bottom of post.)
Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness, Wonder!! ❤️

————————

I make badges for the Nest.

Badges and Mini Pets to represent the Nest on your profile
Trophy Badges you obtain if you win a contest or event
Discord Badges if you're part of Nest's Discord
Wish Granter Badges when you've granted milestones of wishes (bottom of page)

I recently made the below badge for fun to commemorate the fact that @/sapphire12 is the one who started the iconic "oh no the fish" trend in the blog posts. The badge links to the original Unchaga blog post with Saph's comment at the top.

I posted this badge on the recent blog post for the Ragon's low VEND stock.

Thus, apparently that prompted @/wonder404exe to make a badge... for ME...?!?! 😱 Thank you so much!! It was such a nice surprise and just so thoughtful!!

ᴬˡˡ ʰᵃⁱˡ *ੈ‧₊˚
𝙱𝚊𝚍𝚐𝚎 ʟᴏʀᴅ
・゚: *・゚:*ᴅᴀɪꜱʏ
(っ>)っ🪱

It even has links to Nest's badge and mini pet page, my profile, and the Nest's forum, respectively. :-) Thank you again, Wonder!

I've placed my badge in my Trophy Case.

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 5 June 2023 at 1:04 PM

@daisycat
it took me a while just to get the lil dude's color right
and I saw the beak and was like
"THE BEAK HAS [/b] ON IT?!"
x"DD

I cant get one link across the whole thing because
heh
COLORS-

(also.thats a bird...??)

[badges are very fun I should make more]

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 5 June 2023 at 1:13 PM

@wonder404exe
Lol hey if you wanted the code I made for the bird, you should have asked. ;D I'd be like okie (why...? :0)... and then you'd like be, shh, secret~

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 5 June 2023 at 1:17 PM

@daisycat
wanna give u a surprize surprize x3

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 5 June 2023 at 1:18 PM

@wonder404exe
*nods* I can understand that. x) Thank you again, it's nice to be thought of. ❤️

1,134 posts

hikanu • 5 June 2023 at 1:44 PM

Going for long walks in nature is great for spotting animals.

Aside from lots of small birds and the usual water insects I've seen a million times, I saw two grass snakes (natrix natrix), 2 grey herons and a little mouse.

Unfortunately the kingfisher didn't make an appearance. I've only seen one once.

While we didn't see them, we could hear the woodpeckers and a cuckoo bird.

Female
1,147 posts

valorieviolet • 5 June 2023 at 2:38 PM

Does anyone here still play Pokémon Go?

I used to be obsessed with the game when it first came out - there was a gym and so many poke stops at my college, so there was never a lack of something to do. After graduating and not having constant access to the stops and gyms, I stopped playing lol

Anyway, I recently got back into it and was fortunate enough to have a gym and two stops where I work 😉 & I would love to have some new friends to send daily gifts to ^^

My trainer code is 0989 5151 1796 ❤️

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 June 2023 at 3:15 PM

@hikanu
Aww, thanks for the rundown of your nature walk! ^^ ❤️
especially loved hearing about the grass snakes, herons, and mouse.
Reminds me of some special woods about two hours from me (by car.) (and a few memories of seeing various things in various places over the years. but those kinds of creatures are among my favorites.)
here I've seen the Eastern and Butler Garter snakes. The Great Blue Heron (no idea what the little ones are called but they're more common now than the big gray ones,) and some sort of white egrets. And I had no idea our state has jumping mice until I saw one in those woods! So cute with its little tufted tail ^^. (Looked it up and we do have ones native to our state. Really hard to find info on them though since most of it's on invasive or more prominent species - and way to kills them : / ) (In comparison, it's commonly known the southwest United Stated has jumping mice -think Jerob- but not associated with the Great Lakes area.)

- - - -

Dang, the foums be hoppin' today!

- - - -

Edit: 4:33 PM
two hours later and I still haven't gotten to Quests like I intended.

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 5 June 2023 at 3:34 PM

Currently learning about biology and I think my brain exploded a bit

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 June 2023 at 4:38 PM

@dragrawr It always made my brain asplode. (As much as I HATED that a teacher made us make up flashcards... I think that was the ONLY way I ever absorbed much of anything about it. Still pretty much the only biology info that sticks in my brain 25-30 years later. Kinda glad after the fact they had us do it. ^^)

Last night i was thinking of pinging you if I made a post about something... and now I can't remember what I had been contemplating posting >.<

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 5 June 2023 at 4:40 PM

@snowywinter

I cant do flashcards they hurt my shoulder sooo bad but they are extremely helpful!

:0 mayhaps a creature suggestion ? Dunno 0.o either way im curious now !

1,134 posts

hikanu • 5 June 2023 at 6:09 PM

@snowywinter You're welcome!

My brother saw another mouse, just popping its head out of its little hidey hole before it was gone again, I was walking too far ahead to have seen that one, but I saw one in a thicket before it disappeared under a log - and I likely heard several other mice or snakes we disturbed in the underbrush walking past.
Likely wood mice since they're fairly common. I had one of those scare me with its sudden appearance under my shoe on an outing last year. I looked at my foot and wasn't expecting a little face to be watching me in return. I was so sad I'd scared it off. I made quite an impressive squeak in surprise, though. XD

I was so excited for the snakes, I feel like you never see them in full view, they either hightail it out of there and they're gone before you get to see them, or they're dead and stiff when you finally do see them, which is obviously no fun.

I do see a grey heron on occasion as there is one living close to one of the lakes in my area, that I may get a glimpse of it when I walk past but two in one day, that's a first. And this place we went to today is the 4th place I've seen a grey heron. 😃

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 June 2023 at 6:22 PM

@hikanu
what you said about the snakes is too true. (They really don't want any trouble. I even seen our only poisonous snake when I as younger. Best to give them space, but it's not like it came after me or anything. Still grateful for that sighting as they're endangered and pretty neat. I love rattlers ^^.)
(Edit: p.s. referring to the Massasauga)
(p.s. two... had to look them up. My brain was combining that with getting to see a Rat Snake. Still never got to see a Blue Racer. ...the quintessential "speed away before you can see them" snake. That is my bucketlist of "beautiful" native species I want to see out in the wild. Almost everyone else I know has got to see them : /
I get a bit of solace in that I got to see a fisher cat up close and personal. ...even if it was in an educational seminar. Even more AWESOME then I ever imagined. For all the other predators I've been privileged to be near in the wild, I'll take seeing this elusive one in captivity as a win.
*blinking* You never forget having two blurs cross a path a couple steps in front of you, only for it to turn out it's predator taking down prey. Was walking the paths on a local college campus and a Bobcat caught dinner.)

(Sorry not much else to comment on. Brain is mush, and I *still* haven't gotten to Quests.
Thank you for sharing more deets though! 'poor mouse!')
(Edit: and yet I droned on again with my trailing thoughts.)

1,134 posts

hikanu • 5 June 2023 at 6:30 PM

@snowywinter

We only have like 4 types of snakes in my area, so not a lot to go looking for. The most common one is in the adder family, the grass snake is the 2nd most common to see, the other two are so rarely spotted there's been debate whether or not they're actually still here, so, yeah. Not a lot of snakes to find, really. But this one was slithering across the forest floor without any vegetation to hide in within a good 20 feet, so my brother and I got a good look, it had slithered off before our parents caught up, much to mom's dismay as she wanted to see it too. Dad saw the tail of the second one I spotted before it disappeared into vegetation next to the path we walked on, it was definitely out sunbathing as we came and disturbed it.

That's fine, my brain is turning to mush too. So tired. *snore* Still a few more tasks to go... *snores more*