Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 8 March 2023 at 7:57 AM

i'm tutoring this kid and somehow it's taking them over an hour to grasp the concept of exothermic and endothermic reactions... i've done everything, i've used three metaphors so far (the sun, dropping candy onto the ground, baking a cake) and i'm starting to get desperate

T^T

Female
2,950 posts

heatherm19 • 8 March 2023 at 10:40 AM

@shadowfaxe Now I'm reading about exothermic and endothermic reactions with less than 4 hours of sleep, thanks a lot. 😋 The dropping the candy on the ground is a pretty good example though.

(Oh yes, it's 8:30am an I've been awake for at least a half hour thanks to unexpected gardeners outside making too much noise. They come every Monday an most Fridays, what are they doing here on a Wednesday?!)

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 8 March 2023 at 10:45 AM

@heatherm19 it better be good xD i wracked my brain for that, haha

it's almost midnight here - i'm running on two cans of coffee. i have a webinar to attend at 12am sharp (i don't know how long it'll go on for) and i still have to wake up at 5:30 for cross country...

i had hockey training yesterday and about 5 hours of sleep last night so i think i'm going to be really out of it tomorrow LOL

Female
2,950 posts

heatherm19 • 8 March 2023 at 10:48 AM

@shadowfaxe cross country? hockey? Wow, your life sounds much more exciting than mine, lol.

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 8 March 2023 at 10:55 AM

@heatherm19 i love playing hockey!!! i get to whack balls eheheheh C:<

i'm super busy all the time but the concept of "making time" has been drilled into my head haha

if you squeeze a few minutes out of your bathroom time and shower time and dinner time etc you get more time for something else!!!

but sometimes i just like to sit there and be a potato u-u

1,134 posts

hikanu • 9 March 2023 at 4:03 AM

When you're waiting for a delivery... And the delivery truck just drives right past you. *sad noises*

Female
2,950 posts

heatherm19 • 9 March 2023 at 5:45 AM

I was 'falling asleep at my desk' level tired and went to bed super-early, even before Eggcave's midnight. ..... And now it's 3:45am here and I'm wide awake. Omg I just can't win.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 9 March 2023 at 6:02 AM

@heatherm19 I decided to get up at 8am this morning because I was waiting for a delivery and had no idea when they'd be here.

One of the reasons why I hate home deliveries lol.

It's noon now... I am exhausted already. XD
But hey... My sleep schedule has been more normal this week yay.

Female
2,232 posts

ashlinnhi • 10 March 2023 at 10:08 AM

@hikanu definitely feel you on that painful anticipation for a delivery... fingers crossed it comes sooner rather than later! funnily enough, i've found i also feel just as excited and impatient when i'm waiting for someone to receive a package i've sent.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 10 March 2023 at 10:16 AM

@ashlinnhi It arrived about half an hour after I'd seen the van go past me. So I don't know if they had several vans in the area or if they just had a weird route plan. But hey, I got my new laptop, so I got to play Hogwarts Legacy for a whole hour before my mom picked me up. XD

I haven't sent a whole lot of packages, but I can imagine I wouldn't really care much as soon as it was out of my hands lol.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 10 March 2023 at 10:28 AM

Just want to remind people that today is the last day to get December's Cash Shop travels.
I know several people hadn't gotten around to it with all the event stuff and other things going on.

i.e. Starry Night Christmas Stable
and @heatherm19 I think you had been planning on getting Yule Log.
Good luck everyone ^^

- - - - -

I've given up on any semblance of normal when it comes to sleep. past couple months I keep alternating between sleeping all the time and insomnia. And my circadian rhythm is bouncing around like geomagnetic polarity going on the fritz.

So, so happy I live somewhere where porch thieves more often come in the furry variety.

@hikanu When you're waiting for a delivery, tracking status says "out for delivery", the truck drives past you, six hours later it's at the distribution center... again, and the next day it's about 900 miles away. -_-
( or more appropriately... volcano madface emoji)

- - - -

Edit: Awww... I forgot to reply to @ashlinnhi - I too am looking forward to the Easter Egg Hunt. As tiny as those eggs are, I always find it to be fun.
And indeed, this community is so friendly, open, diverse that i feel safe enough to come out of my shell most of the time ^^ Wholesome is a good quick way to put it.

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 10 March 2023 at 10:33 AM

omg i was gonna get four more but then another creature evolved and i had to pick between freezing and a SoB v2

1,134 posts

hikanu • 10 March 2023 at 10:37 AM

@snowywinter That.... Is your package on holiday? XD

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 10 March 2023 at 10:45 AM

@hikanu I think it was taking the scenic route (or wish it had been. When it finally arrived it looked like the poor thing had been abducted and tortured.
We had avoided using this particular shipping service before, but this is the only one this particular seller used. We didn't think much about it. But after this and another bad experience with them we'll contact sellers and offer to pay more if they'll offer us an alternate. Now we only use this shipping service if absolutely necessary. Only one of the five times we used them did nothing go wrong.)

1,134 posts

hikanu • 10 March 2023 at 11:50 AM

@snowywinter Well... That sucks. I hope the contents were alright at least.

I am not entirely fond of the delivery service I used this time around, nor am I fond of getting things delivered to my door, but again, it was the only option if I wanted the 24% discount.

My mom has lost a package sent with them last year - and as it turned out it was because it wasn't registered probably so while it had been delivered at the pick-up point, it still appeared to be in transit.

Mind you it's more than 8 years ago and they have been rebranding since I had my accident(s) with them. One being a PC dumped on the front stairs in full view of the street. The other being a phone that was dumped in the roofed terrace with the most wonky comment on delivery ever. "Signed by laundry" I mean... what?
And 12 years ago I had a costume delivered that was just tossed in the roofed terrace and it took us several days to find it because it was the shape of a football, though slightly larger, which we were not aware of as we were looking for something a lot more box shaped.

No. There is no doubt that I prefer picking up my stuff myself at my convenience.

Female
2,950 posts

heatherm19 • 10 March 2023 at 12:47 PM

I usually have pretty decent experiences with package deliveries, although the mailpeople around here seem to love trying to force a too-big package into the tiny mailbox instead of walking 10 paces to drop it off at the apartment-office. Sending things like bill payments, on the other hand... I'm always a bit paranoid about late fees and past-due notices and such, so when I've mailed a payment 2+ weeks ago and it still hasn't been processed it's rather concerning. Having to stop-payment on two checks and do last-minute payments over the phone because 3 weeks had passed without them getting it in the mail... I finally switched to auto-pay for internet and electricity payments.

(And I just spent like 10 minutes looking back through this thread because I couldn't remember if I'd already posted about my mail troubles and I hate accidentally repeating myself like that... Ugh.)

edit:
I just got two Trefulps with my 10 free cave attempts today. It's the first time I've gotten a Trefulp at the cave since the 4th. The 4th! That's 6 days without seeing a single one of a creature that's only available for a month. *shakes head in frustration*

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 20 March 2023 at 1:34 AM

GOT A KLEEBET TODAY WOOOOOOOOOOO \o/
Meet Cream-Clover! Can't wait to see him hatch one day ^^

Female
2,733 posts

jlya • 20 March 2023 at 1:40 PM

I had 290 EC on hand and the Dragold took 0 EC from me. I'm not mad but confused xD

Edit: Just happened again when I had 463 EC! Weird!

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 20 March 2023 at 7:27 PM

@jlya
Apparently he thought you have way too few EC for his hoard lol xD

Male
85 posts

mitch • 21 March 2023 at 11:26 AM

@jlya

He's too kind to take from someone with so little EC...apparently XDD

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 21 March 2023 at 12:19 PM

WOOOO USERNAME CHANGE!! feels good
goodbye @shadowfaxe we had a good run ❤️

Female
2,733 posts

jlya • 21 March 2023 at 1:27 PM

@shirothekittehlover
I JUST GOT A KLEEBET TOO I'M SO EXCITED ❤️
MintShamrock and Cream-Clover are Twinsies 😸

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 21 March 2023 at 10:21 PM

@jlya
Oohh!! :0

Female
1,952 posts

chaotictreat • 22 March 2023 at 12:04 AM

@jlya I had 1039 ec one time and it took 0 😃
@froot congrats!

Male
85 posts

mitch • 23 March 2023 at 11:20 AM

@froot
Oh! Now it makes sense XD
Your username change confused me when I looked at my friendlist
I was like "wait...who's this??" XDDD

1,134 posts

hikanu • 23 March 2023 at 12:40 PM

I think the great trivet battle of 2023 has been concluded. Only cost half a glass of pepsi. May it rest in peace. xD

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 March 2023 at 12:12 AM

re today's blog post: I used to have a puppet I played around with almost exclusively on car rides. it was supposed to be a bath puppet, but it was just too darn cute. (and would have been really creepy as a bath puppet imo.)
... bought it in my 30's : P
no regrets. no shame.

Female
2,950 posts

heatherm19 • 25 March 2023 at 5:35 AM

Just claimed my CC monthly reward and I'm unreasonably happy about it! I'd already decided to allow myself to spend it on CC Travels, now I just have to decide which ones...

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 25 March 2023 at 7:29 AM

@heatherm19 congrats!!! 💕

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 27 March 2023 at 12:07 AM

I've had a few days off recently from work, the break has been really nice but the lack of money is making me a little sad LOL. Hopefully by Wednesday it picks up so I can return.

The woes of casual, not permanant workers.

Oh well, I've been able to do a bit more of my crochet so hopefully by tonight I'll be able to finish a significant amount of it. I have friends that want to go to markets that are interested in bringing some of my crochet things to sell as well. I hope I can make something worthwhile that people will like that also won't take me too long to make.

I've been watching shows from my childhood as a chunk of them are on You Tube. The only disappointing thing is the quality of the videos since the shows were all made 15+ years ago. Silver Sun so far has been the absolute highlight. I would still recommend it to others if they can bear the ocassional cringy CGI. The only upsetting thing about this show is that it finishes on a cliffhanger that will never be solved.

Parrallax was fun and exactly how I remembered it except better. Yeah, it's still a typical kids show but it was solid.

I forgot I had a childhood crush on Ace Lightning. Definitely the lowest quality of them all on youtube unfortunately.

Code Lyoko actually had two extra seasons I had no idea about! One animated and one with actual people... in French. The third season was good and would have been a fitting end to the show while the RL season is definitely problematic compared to the other seasons. I haven't finished it though but I really should. Apparently there was a fan made season but I have not been able to find it since it had been deleted from youtube.

Animorphs was actually pretty good! Regretfully not the whole series was made as it just stopped abruptly just as it was getting really good.

I really, really want a new season of Silver Sun.

Next in line will be Cyber Girl and then Spliced. Not sure what I'll uncover afterwards.