Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Female
2,944 posts

heatherm19 • 5 February 2023 at 10:03 AM

Well. That was the worst way to wake up *ever*. I should have realized immediately that mom was hallucinating when she called me and nothing horrible was happening, but my goodness. didn't help that no one was answering the dang phone when I repeatedly called the rehab center to see what was going on. Frantically calling a cab at 6am to go to the rehab place and see what the heck was going on... Just... Ugh. I need to go watch Disney to calm down, lol.
(She's fine, it was just a pain med she doesn't usually take and apparently it didn't agree with her.)

Something random and light to end this with... Um... I currently have 56 (!!) cans of Play-Doh on my desk. Most are the small 1-ounce ones, but they still take up most of my desk. It's kinda hilarious to look at roughly a dozen stacks of Play-Doh cans on either side of me.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 5 February 2023 at 10:06 AM

@snowywinter

I was about ready to go to bed 20 minutes later and just call it a day. It's exhausting getting spooked like that. That jerk your body does when your brain is trying to decide whether you should fight the threat or flee from it.

At the very least it was REAL swans that scared the life out of me this time, and not the swan noises coming from the speaker in the alley behind the library. The first time I encountered that one, it had my best friend laughing at my predicament as I was panicking slightly and looking for swans in the middle of the city where I knew, realistically, they wouldn't be in the first place. Nor was it a swan-sized mound of dirt covered in snow, that one had me feeling ridiculous.

Female
2,944 posts

heatherm19 • 5 February 2023 at 10:48 AM

@hikanu Okay I have to ask, why was there a speaker in an alley behind a library, an why was it making swan noises?

1,134 posts

hikanu • 5 February 2023 at 10:50 AM

@heatherm19 I think it's to keep people from loitering around doing shady things. As for why it was making swan noises... Well they have a lot of different noises that are mostly animals and other nature sounds. The swan noises just caught me off guard is all.

Female
2,944 posts

heatherm19 • 6 February 2023 at 12:51 AM

I'm having way too much fun challenging myself to finish the dailies within an hour. Even though today's include quests, which can take forever looking for what you need, I still finished all of today's dailies within the first hour!

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 6 February 2023 at 1:16 AM

I have a large item stockpile in my strongroom, it really came in clutch for the dailies today but looking at the sheer number of items makes me realize I have been engaging in digital hoarding behavior

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 February 2023 at 2:50 AM

FYI (not that I think it will be an issue for most people here, but *just in case* ...)
For those in the US who are sports fans, Not only is next Sunday "The BIG DAY", but it is also Double Feed Day here on Eggcave. Remember to plan accordingly ; )

@lothar That sounds absolutely wonderful. Not the part about not having much time to attend the festival any more, but celebrating it in general. And reminding me to try and make a push for integrating AR into my life so I can in some way still get out and experience things like this. ^^
The yuanxiao sound delicious. Do you have a favorite filling, or do you prefer yours plain?

@hikanu
o.O A speaker... in the alley? There's got to be a story there. Or this sounds really Canadian. (Not meant as offense... Just reminds me of my trip over there... and from some of the stories we're heard hanging out our "Northern" neighbors when they stop by our neck of the woods.) Like who plays swan sounds over the speaker?! lol
*reads next post* Ohh! LOL... makes sense. Poor you >.<
(figured it couldn't be like the hawk sounds to try to keep pigeons away.)

jerking + adrenaline in the same sentence for me usually happens when my brain is fighting itself between trying to stay awake or go to sleep. (looks more like I'm having a seizure, than when is has that flight/fight/freeze debate.)

- - -

The dog and cat have been quite respectful about eating out of their own dishes for months now, leaving the other's alone even if there was leftovers or the other wasn't feeling well that day.
Well recently both were getting ill on what we were feeding them and we're trying a few different things. Now despite how hard we're trying, those two are making deals with each other and we can't take our eyes off them for a minute. Yesterday the cat went nuts over the the dog's food (and the dog wasn't super thrilled about that food,) then tonight the cat wouldn't touch the cat food, and the dog gobbled it up. *facepalm* (And both know they don't get anything else for at least a day if their bowl isn't cleaned... so as soon as we're not looking they've gone and recruited the other for help this week. : / )
Like all the rules we humans set are just gone out the window, since it's *their* dishes and they're giving each other permission to eat out of them o.O Guys... those weren't guidelines. (Each get their own specific medicines and supplements.)

Female
189 posts

calenlass • 6 February 2023 at 4:46 AM

I have an app that show the position of that Green Comet that allegedly comes around once every 50k-yrs or something and at specific times it's above the horizon where I live but we've been getting rain everyday for the past few weeks and I can't see crap when I know the comet is-right-there ☹️

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 6 February 2023 at 5:31 AM

I'm doing a math test the new entries have to sit and wow it has humbled me lmao. I don't remember geometry or probability anymore

Female
730 posts

lothar • 6 February 2023 at 7:32 AM

@snowywinter
The black sesame filling is traditional and popular in my area, and my grandparents often make it. So I like the black sesame one
Some other areas likes having meat in it, which sounds nice too ( But I still prefer sweet yuanxiao XD)
Now more and more new kinds of filling appear, like purple sweet potato, cheese, truffle... Many choices! You can put your favorite in it, and enjoy! Yummy yummy

1,134 posts

hikanu • 6 February 2023 at 7:56 AM

@snowywinter Either that or it's some weird way of them doing ambience with their attempt at forest/tree decorations inside the library, I don't know. I have never asked. XD

If it was to keep the pigeons away, I can tell you it doesn't work and the crow population across from the library is probably doing a much better job of that lol. It shouldn't be caslled a murder in those numbers, it should be called a bloody massacre. XD

Anyway, gotta go. Mom is here to pick me up. 😃

69 posts

amysnow • 6 February 2023 at 9:24 AM

@dragonii Thay still keep the comment forum tho... pretty the same for me..

Female
677 posts

amelialightwing • 6 February 2023 at 2:42 PM

Cat's purring is equivalent to a dolphin's clicking sound. Both of which are very healing for us to hear.

Female
2,730 posts

jlya • 6 February 2023 at 5:53 PM

@amelialightwing
I love the sound of a cat's purr ❤️ Calms my anxiety instantly~

Did y'all see that @/ian opened up the Chocotravaganza topic? And did you see the GORGEOUS creature under "send chocolates"????

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 6 February 2023 at 6:01 PM

@jlya OMG IT'S ADORABLE!!! ;u;

Female
2,730 posts

jlya • 6 February 2023 at 6:08 PM

@twinkle
I'm so excited!!! ❤️ I can't wait to see all the stages, it must be a prize creature this year 😊

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 6 February 2023 at 6:12 PM

@jlya @twinkle woooo it looks so pretty!!!

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 6 February 2023 at 6:22 PM

@jlya @dragrawr @twinkle
I NEED TO FEED ON 14th. OML ITS A PEARL I NEEEED IT
(despite being here for a year idk how to play I do kinda know though but this will be my first time playing)

Female
1,947 posts

chaotictreat • 6 February 2023 at 6:51 PM

@jlya
it is SO CUTE wtf i need it ❤️-❤️

Female
760 posts

okami • 6 February 2023 at 6:54 PM

It reminds me sooo much of the Popplio evolution line from Pokemon ❤️

1,134 posts

hikanu • 6 February 2023 at 7:10 PM

Questing is exhausting... XD

1,558 posts

dragonii • 6 February 2023 at 8:50 PM

@amysnow Yeah, they got rid of having to post on blog posts. But they kept where you needed to post on form posts.
but they didn't specify which ones, so posting here about your interests like manga/anime/videogames/music works, and/or going to the game forms area helps when you don't want to socialize but still want to get your posts in; https://eggcave.com/forums/8/topics

@snowywinter Hopefully I can withstand that then haha. or at least I hope I don't have to many bad habits that I'm attached to. (wont know for sure until they start to be taken away haha.)

I understand having your brain become complete mush, its hard to deal with for sure. But I imagine yours is a lot more extreme them when mine goes mush.
but, whenever you get the chance to get them I'd love to see them!

@jlya whoah, whoah, wait, wait. i love them!!

@hikanu It really is. Hopefully you can get all that you are looking for.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 6 February 2023 at 8:52 PM

@dragonii 3 hours in... and I caved to ask for help. I would like to get to bed sometime this century.

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 6 February 2023 at 9:11 PM

Hiiii !! https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/77272 I made another creature suggestion :> feel free to comment n stuff, i appreciate it sm ❤️

1,134 posts

hikanu • 6 February 2023 at 9:57 PM

Oh joy... The Blobbart Squirt Toy I run into is blue.
I am so miffed. I had the yellow one in my inventory like yesterday.

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 6 February 2023 at 10:13 PM

Windows 95 launch in 1995! Lots of good parts but my favorite is :22 to the end. :,) LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAkuJXGldrM

Female
189 posts

calenlass • 7 February 2023 at 12:37 AM

Please don't rain today. Please don't rain today...

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 7 February 2023 at 12:48 AM

@calenlass oof, I feel your pain. That's us with seeing the Aurora Borealis. : / (Though once every 50k years is literally a once in a lifetime thing.)

@sapphire12
For a certain type of job I was applying for in my more local city it was basically just a popularity contest. The next city over it was like college entry exams or FBI psych test. It was intense! I realized even talking to other applicants I was going to have to go back to school before even trying. So I started taking classes through Khan Academy... While my English wasn't too bad, over several months I had only brought my Math up to a "3rd Grade" level. (Dude... there was stuff in there I remember having thrown at us in 10th grade.)
(Still don't think I was doing too bad for not having touched any of the stuff in 15 - 20 years.)

@lothar I think I'd prefer the black sesame filling too ^^
I used to like occasional poppy seeds on bagels (yes, i know it's a different seed) But then for dessert at a Hungarian friend's house the wife had made a lemon-poppyseed pie. I didn't even know you could get those many poppy seeds from the store! Yum... it was sooo delicious.
It sounds like the yuanxiao can be fun to experiment with : ) Sort of like the pierogi I grew up with were traditionally either just potato or potato and cheese. Now I hear people are filling them with all sorts of things.

Last night you had me thinking of paczki though : P : ) Traditionally they didn't have any filling, and those are the ones I enjoyed most aside from custard filled ones. Then eventually they got prune filling (which hardly anyone remembers anymore. I finally found a bakery with then when i was older and it actually turned out to be really good.) now they're made with all sort of filling, blueberry, lemon, raspberry, cherry, chocolate, etc. (but always something fruit/sweet.) (And if they remind someone of a donut/doughnut, then the bakery didn't make them right. A real paczki is deceptively HEAVY, calorie rich, and tastes equally so. half of one can fill a person up.)

@hikanu I love the wacky stuff libraries come up with ^^

Agree about Questing being exhausting. I had yet to ever complete my personal goal of three in day, let alone complete the Daily task of 5 yesterday : /

to random people:
Y'all can keep your cats, *holds out the walking allergy bomb that adopted me* *wearing a signboard around his neck that says "Free Hugs. Loves Cuddles"* I rather go sit in a yard full of chickens. Oh my limbic system relaxes so much hearing their soothing clucks n coos, and their crowing makes me laugh. (Just please G*d don't let it be a flock of Seramas! You know that screaming goat meme? That breed is the embodiment of that.) (And yes, different breeds of chickens sound different.)

@jlya Thanks for the heads up for those of us that don't like waiting for surprises around here! *grinning closed-eyed smiley face emoji with tongue sticking out*
Hmm... I think I am less impressed personally with this one than I am last year's. That being said, i think it's a really interesting nod to the Chocolate event itself. Looking forward to seeing what the smaller prize shop stuff is ^^

@dragonii always keep a part of you locked up safe. Be willing to learn from those classes and complete assignments, but also know which things are core to your identity as an artist. Some of the most famous in the world became so because they ignored the advice of some of the worlds best instructors : P
When the time is right, you can blend the gained knowledge, with your personal style and become truly amazing... or y'know, just have a more enriched life and be glad for the memories... and let the grudges fuel you to always strive to "show them". lol. (I jest, but also some of the best artwork has been grudge fueled venting >.< )

(omg... Leonardo was so goood of a TV show... I'm still puzzling how something that was made for CW originated in Italy. They aired it in Italy too, but in the credits it was something having to do with a partnership produced for The CW. *shakes head trying to clear the meandering thoughts*)

@daisycat Ah, back when Windows was still actually FUN to use.
(didn't watch the vid. Trying to get off computer still to go have more "household weekend time" before both of these humans turn into pumpkins again. (Cinderella reference we use for 'falling asleep'.)

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 7 February 2023 at 11:12 AM

Dang, so many old creature suggestions being revived lately...... :0

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 7 February 2023 at 11:28 AM

@snowywinter
It's just a 25 second clip of some nerds dancing not to the beat lmao. 😍 Bill Gates being one of them, of course.