Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 7 January 2023 at 12:12 AM

@chaotictreat You're welcome! ...Heck, i'm one of the people that easily could have forgotten about it if i was even slightly less invested in some projects around here atm.

@sapphire12

Yup, Double Feed Day is Tomorrow ^^

Yay! Always a good feeling when we can feel useful/accomplished. Congratulations on your contribution being recognized 😊
And on enjoying your new job. ...mental health is worth far more more than its weight in gold.

*nods* Aye! Though I'm technically the least anonymous here than anywhere else. I won't say why, but I kinda goofed on something, and there's kinda no reversing it >.< But I concur this is one of the easiest places online to kick back and relax at most of the time. I joined at a time in my life when I wanted NO social contact not knowing how social one needed to be to play this game (the writing contest for the leprgon drew me into participating on the forums), but the players here make it as painless as it could be.
Best wishes in your lurking! ^^ < 3 (I keep meaning to go back to it, but this place has a way of drawing people out of the woodwork. Flies on the wall tend to stand out even if they don't intend to. Wallflowers are boldly colored ; ) )

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 8 January 2023 at 6:48 AM

finally made a storage account for my immortal creatures.
only issue, i forgot that you have to wait the 48 hours to trade. XD
and i already had set up a bunch of ''to side'' labeled trade lots on my main to get them ready to be sent to my storage account. oh well, i hope no one minds them staying marinated in the trade center for 48 hours xd

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 8 January 2023 at 7:38 AM

@murfijs
Congratulations!
No one will mind... it's more about if you mind them getting all those views and such. lol.
It's amazing how easy it is to forget about that 48hr wait period when you're excited about a new side >.<

Female
2,944 posts

heatherm19 • 8 January 2023 at 10:17 AM

@murfijs Is there some reason you didn't want to just transfer them? When I created my sides I sent huge transfers over, still have to wait the 48 hours but no trades needed (and you don't have to mess with offering/accepting/etc).

87 posts

charchill • 8 January 2023 at 10:51 AM

Oh yeah, you could just do that, right?

But I thought the cooldown also was for that thing...

I'm confused.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 8 January 2023 at 11:20 AM

@heatherm19
oh yeah, i tottally forgot about that XD
that does indeed sound easier

87 posts

charchill • 11 January 2023 at 8:26 PM

I think maybe some people are mad about the fact I didn't show the results for my first raffle/contest...

What? The results? alraune3 won.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 13 January 2023 at 7:30 AM

Is anyone interested in making the discord a more regular thing? Sometimes I have the urge to just listen to people talking about anything but I suppose there's podcasts and radio for that πŸ˜…

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 14 January 2023 at 6:07 PM

CRW is coming soon, I wonder what the theme will be this year. I'm excited. I even made room on Overnight just for all the year's new creatures.

I kinda wish we were able to have a fifth account, just so I could spread out and sort a little more. I'm already bursting at the seams on Hobbit and expanding is getting too expensive on there too. Maybe I should do a monthlies raffle. It's just that... people don't seem to get excited about monthlies, only cc/ec/csp creatures. I've had people literally deny prizes or ignore me when they didn't get the prize they wanted, so it was discouraging.

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 14 January 2023 at 6:15 PM

@frankenstein *hint*continents around the world*hint*

o h n o...

maybe put a rule next time about denying prizes *if there is a 'next time'*
Ignoring people just BCS you don't get the things you want is so mean :/

Female
2,944 posts

heatherm19 • 14 January 2023 at 6:16 PM

@frankenstein I'm excited too, it will be my first CRW and from looking at past blog posts it seems like it'll be fun! (Though possibly frustrating, seems like it would be hard to collect multiples of each...)

I can't even imagine how much expansions must cost for you on those accounts! That's a LOT of creatures my goodness. My Floofs side is up to 920 and I'm already cursing the cost increase on each new slot.

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 14 January 2023 at 6:17 PM

@wonder404exe lol, I'm a dingus. I see it now. Hmm... I wonder what that'll look like. I hope they're still creatures and not inanimate objects with eyes and stuff

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 14 January 2023 at 6:18 PM

@frankenstein hahahah-... (August 2022)

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 14 January 2023 at 6:21 PM

@heatherm19 It's so much fun! The best creatures seems to always be on the last day though, and it's so hard to get a good collection of them XD

@wonder404exe 100% I felt bad, but that month just wasn't it.

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 14 January 2023 at 6:26 PM

@frankenstein The "supposed" artist had some problems which I felt bad, yes. The creatures just- jumped at me I don't know what to say T^T;

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 14 January 2023 at 7:21 PM

@sapphire12
I'm wondering about Discord, too! I joined about a week ago and it seemed inactive.
Anyone know if it's mainly instant messaging on there or do people indeed talk? 😊

87 posts

charchill • 14 January 2023 at 8:59 PM

This is my first CRW too, @heatherm19. I wonder what they're exactly like.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 15 January 2023 at 4:35 AM

@daisycat from what I can tell it's mostly IM but I think people are too shy to start voice chatting haha.

Either or it would be nice to start it up again. ^^

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 16 January 2023 at 9:28 PM

@daisycat @sapphire12
Yeah people are shy and/or don't know what to talk about. I would still recommend joining since image sharing is possible and it's easier to get a mods' attention quicker if something does go wrong on Egg Cave but still submit a ticket in conjunction with messaging the discord about the Egg Cave issue

I have been venturing into crochet recently. I had been introducing myself to new crafts recently as something to keep me occupied instead of just gaming or scrolling through social media. So, I started with amigurumi which is the art of making toys and my first project was a Pikachu.

Goodness me that was a train wreck.

To make a long story short, the pattern makers will use either UK or USA terms in the pattern and depending on what country's terms are used, you'll get a different result so I ended up with an abomination with a triangular head instead of a nice, round head. I also made the mistake of not buying all of the materials needed for the Pikachu so during this time the location I bought the yarn at RAN OUT and stopped stocking that company. I wasn't able to find a replacement yarn of a similar size, colour and texture so that project went out of the window.

I decided to cut my losses and started an Eevee. That went well until I had to make multiple of the same legs as I then discovered that I wasn't able to control my stitch length so one would be 5 cm long and the other one would be 6 cm long.

I rage quit it.

I then started a Snorlax and that went extremely well! I finished the body, stuffed it, completed the white section of the body too... and then noticed that I had made something round, not oval shaped. The pattern's design for the Snorlax wasn't even the correct shape of Snorlax!!

So I rage quit it. I do want to make a Snorlax for a friend of mine but I just want it to be the right shape.

I then made a Christmas present for a friend and it went extraordinarily well but it took well over 24 hours of stitching to make so never again.

My current projects are a little mushroom person and a pokeball. Both are going well so far.

Prior to crochet I was cross stitching. It is so fun but way too slow. Or maybe I was just too slow at it. Goodness it was relaxing and so easy to learn ❀️

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 16 January 2023 at 9:38 PM

@mastergemma
Thank you for the Discord insight!

Crochet, how fun (and frustrating)! I can't crochet, but I can do a bit of knitting. I think whichever of the two you first learn, is easier, as I think crochet is much harder lol.

Honestly, sometimes the funky results from initial creations are what makes them fun! Something to look back on; my mom has told me before, whatever you first knit, or crochet, your first project -- keep it. Keep it, appreciate it, and look back on it and see how far you've come! She says she wishes she had her first knit item from when she was 8, said she'd frame it. πŸ₯Ί (She knits a TON!!!!)

I think it could be cute to have different colored and yarned Pikachus, mutant legged Eevees, stuff like that. It gives them a story, too. And because amigurumi and Pokemon are always cute no matter what. XD I admire your spirit and drive to keep going!! Especially after rage quitting a couple times. 😊 And omg little mushroom person sounds adorable! c:

Female
2,944 posts

heatherm19 • 17 January 2023 at 12:29 AM

@mastergemma Dang now I want to see your attempts! That does sound frustrating but it sounds like you are pretty persistent!

I've never been able to crochet, or knit/cross-stitch/etc. I can sew, but only well enough to fix rips in clothes and hem my pant legs (oh the joys of being short...). When I was a kid my godmother tried to teach me how to crochet, somehow I only ended up learning how to finger-knit single rows. At one point I made one long finger-knitted rope-thing that I hung across the walls in my room.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 20 January 2023 at 12:39 AM

GRRRR. It's been talked about at length in Site Feedback, Bugs, Help & Questions in various topics, but the LACK of what Blocking other players actually does around this site is ridiculous ...and frustrating. I'm basically just VENTING into the ether since it has been discussed so many times in the relevant forums.
Everything from them being able to read and reply to your posts in the forums (personal pet peeve,) to buying things from your Shop (have seen others gripe about this.)
And in Auctions I just lost my first one due to being blocked by a user. It's my first time as usually I'm aware who has blocked me and I've just been respectful, keeping my space, and usually don't want the interaction anyhow... so i just haven't bid on lots by those people for it to have really affected me. Not a pleasant way to find out someone's blocked you, that's for sure.
WHY can't lots just not be visible to us by the blocking users?! It just doesn't seem fair to be taunted by things out of reach.
*Big SIGH*
Again, just venting. Not poking this dead Calla with a stick.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 20 January 2023 at 4:20 AM

the toy quest just gave me a sandrodon plush O.o
is that normal? arent they a wall of sandrodons prize only item?

Female
2,944 posts

heatherm19 • 20 January 2023 at 4:44 AM

@murfijs I've seen someone else mention getting a wall-prize from a quest, and I *think* I may have gotten one at some point too. I'm guessing it's fairly rare though.

87 posts

charchill • 20 January 2023 at 10:54 PM

Wait-what?! Okay, GIVE ME A SANDORON SMOOTHIE, greedy boar-creature that does the food quest thing!!!
Wait-can't you just eat your food yourself, boar-creature-thingy?

Oh, his name is Hamilton.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 22 January 2023 at 8:22 AM

Woot! I FINALLY *caught* a male Parfridge! : D

10am Edit
Yay/Nervous. Finally finalized it all. Completely switched over to a new cell phone and carrier now. Done with the big name company. Number of 20+ years ported over. Phone plan is only $10/month and no hidden fees. (There's like one tax and it's only 10 cents.)
(And not a hiccup in sight for Eggcave verification since I used a Google Voice number *IN CASE* anything went wrong with the transition and I lost the phone number. ...It's happened to people.)

(I went about a month with my main number having no phone actually attached to it. Almost no regrets or shame. Just feels weird that it didn't really affect my life much at all. Like it's weird that it didn't feel weird.)

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 23 January 2023 at 1:35 PM

Hi all!
Please look forward to the launching of Twinkle’s Adoption Center tomorrow at 6AM ECT! Stay tuned 😊

Female
2,727 posts

jlya • 25 January 2023 at 3:45 PM

Haven't worked out in a week, ugh. Currently trying to motivate myself to get my head in the game today but my body doesn't want to move πŸ˜‹

Also dealing with writer's block in writing the second draft of my book. But it's a new year's resolution of mine to get it started this year, so I'm motivated!

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 25 January 2023 at 4:18 PM

Anyone saw the notification announcement? πŸ‘€
Beginning next month, we'll begin asking verified main accounts what species they would like to see unvaulted in the following month on the sidebar. Look for that on February 1. Think of it as a community vote! Love, devs.
It got me so excited ❀️ ❀️ ❀️ Curious to know what the creature options are for February! ^^ We should make a discussion thread for that soon :>

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 25 January 2023 at 5:00 PM

@twinkle I saw this and I was so excited