Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 25 January 2023 at 5:09 PM

@jlya ACK!! Thank you for unknowingly reminding me of my resolution to write something every month this year, I would've missed January!
I used to be a huge writer, went through years of not writing at all (after a coma, which for awhile I thought kinda took away the writer in me), 2021 I did a 'write at least a paragraph on a story each month' resolution and it worked out really well, didn't do it last year but I have new ideas about this story so I'm trying to do that again this year.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 25 January 2023 at 6:15 PM

@jlya Yooo that's awesome you are on your second draft already. I wish you luck on getting it finished, and published!

@twinkle Ohh, i looked over that notification, but thats super neat they are implementing voting for the re-releases

@heatherm19 Whaoh I love that Idea! its so simple yet seems like it would be super motivating, i wish you luck with doing it this year. 😃

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 25 January 2023 at 7:12 PM

@dragonii It worked really well for me, I have trouble even starting to write when I have so *much* to write. So not feeling pressured to write a lot but just a little made it easier to actually write more, most months I ended up writing at least a page or two. (In fact when I was in the hospital for 6 days that year I hand-wrote nearly 5 pages.)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 26 January 2023 at 1:19 AM

@jlya Ugggh... I know the feeling. if it's not pure exhaustion it's other ...*stuff* (though for me it's usually pure exhaustion or pain.)

Blarg. Writer's block is the WORST!
Maybe write something else? For some reason it really helps my brain get back on the right path if i just get writing anything. (But if i need to write fiction, it needs to be creative writing. If it's something scientific or journalistic, then it needs to be anything non-fiction. Very different wiring / thought processes for me apparently. But it gets those neurons firing, the juices flowing, etc. Doesn't need to be anything long. Just a few short things. And it doesn't need to be good or published either. Consider it exercise for the brain and getting it fit enough for the big task. : ) )
Good luck!

@heatherm19 Good luck to you too on your goals! So glad you were able to get a reminder ^^
And I totally feel you on the losing part of yourself. Neuro conditions are awful. (I'm starting to feel inklings again. The last time being this past Sept. So I'm hoping maybe I'll get to write again this spring. I've REALLY been missing it. Sorry everyone if I disappear again w no notice. I gotta write when the clarity comes.)

And I agree, much easier to meet goals when there's less pressure.

@twinkle
I'm just catching up on notices, and that's the very thing I came to post. : D
*wild excited squeals and flailing*
So looking forward to being able to officially vote on these.
Talk about incentive! : D

Female
2,695 posts

jlya • 26 January 2023 at 2:01 PM

Update: I successfully completed a workout yesterday! 😃

@snowywinter @dragonii
Y'all are so sweet :') It's definitely on my bucket list to finish, it's just so hard to balance priorities in life sometimes. Thanks for the advice/encouragement ~❤️

@heatherm19
I totally feel that!! I finished my first draft February 2021 and haven't worked on it since. The longer you wait the harder it is to get back to. I love your idea, bite-sized goals are so smart. And writing is so beneficial. Good luck with your resolution!! ❤️

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 26 January 2023 at 2:04 PM

@twinkle we already have the re-releases for next month ^^

@jlya yay congrats !! I wanna skip leg day today but I shouldn’t. Ugh guess I’ll follow in your footsteps here

Female
2,695 posts

jlya • 26 January 2023 at 2:07 PM

@dragrawr
Cheering you on!! Leg day is a struggle but it's such a good burn xD

Female
1,186 posts

lbowe_elbow • 26 January 2023 at 2:57 PM

Today I finished my archives cove list and I am so happy! I have wanted to do this for years, but it is so time consuming (and boring tbh lol)!

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 1 February 2023 at 9:34 PM

@lbowe_elbow
Yayyy! It truly feels so good to finish something you have put off for a long time 😊
I appreciate all of your hardwork, Lucy!! Thank you ❤️

Meme time XD

Me on Valentine's Day --
https://postimg.cc/rDg0Gy8j
(ctto @daisycat ❤️)

❌ chocolates
✔️ kitty

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 1 February 2023 at 9:42 PM

@twinkle
Lolol Twinkle I'm glad you like that so much. x)
How cute to get that IRL though, a kitten dressed up as a s'mores omg. :,)

Aaaaalways ✔️✔️✔️ KITTY. 😸

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 1 February 2023 at 9:49 PM

@daisycat
The meme looks so cute to me cuz the Smitten is just there staring at her like 'help take me pls' :')
Ooooo Orange S'mores (featuring Mildred) on Valentines ❤️ ❤️

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 1 February 2023 at 9:53 PM

@twinkle
YES! That's exactly what I was thinking when I made it!! c:

Omg yes! I was thinking about how the Smitten would look as a real life cat, and I'm like well I have an orange one, not white or toasty, but she's golden brown, that's toasty. XD

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 2 February 2023 at 9:38 AM

Took a look at my old creature suggestions and......
𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘐𝘮𝘨𝘣𝘣 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘸/ "𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘷𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦"?????????
(Is this related to that time Imgbb went down for several hours???????????)
List of creature suggestions I mentioned: Pegatto, Gryvazah, Siranis, Raptorret, Chiropyra........

....Thankfully I still have the drawings posted somewhere else and/or in my house..

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 2 February 2023 at 7:50 PM

I was backstocking hundreds of notebooks today at work and even though I haven't written anything in years I still get excited when I see fresh new notebooks. Maybe one day I'll pick up writing again...

1,558 posts

dragonii • 2 February 2023 at 11:05 PM

@heatherm19 I totally understand life getting too chaotic, and sometimes you can only do very small amount a day. But I'm cheering you on!

@lbowe_elbow EYY, congrats!!!

@twinkle I love that meme so much, haha.
--

It's been a almost a year since I took a break from animating, due to life and my mental health getting so out of hand for me.
But, these last few days have been really good and I've been able to pick up animation again.
granted its small and simple things that im following through youtube, but its so nice to finally feel settled down after a series of chaotic events.

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 2 February 2023 at 11:08 PM

@dragonii I’m so glad !! That must feel so refreshing. You should share some of your own if you’d like ! I’d luv to see :]

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 3 February 2023 at 5:12 AM

Site Trivia

148 ! ! ! CORRECT. on a VISUAL (blurry pic.)

Is this some sort of record?! Like Whhhhhhhat??!

When I joined those sort of numbers weren't too unusual for a True/False, but i think the highest i might have seen on a visual was maybe 111?
(I used to keep daily records.)

side note: Anyone see me post something with 'were', check the context as I may have actually meant were *not*. (And other such things that end up in contractions.) 'Were' has been my Achilles heel of typos today.

HA! caught you this time bugger!

@twinkle OMG, your meme is sooooooo CUTE! (And so true! lol)

(wish it wouldn't be considered spam to repost it, because it totally deserves its own thread in Fanart.
In the very least I support it being added to the original creature suggestion thread ^^)

@frankenstein the endless possibilities of a fresh notebook is exciting! ^^
Those things used to be my playground/social circle. lol

@dragonii
Congrats on your small win! Any little break from the 'awful' is wholly welcomed. < 3

Female
677 posts

amelialightwing • 4 February 2023 at 12:33 AM

I forgot what this was for again, but hello peeps!!

1,558 posts

dragonii • 4 February 2023 at 1:04 AM

@amelialightwing its just a place to post whatever I think? but also a place to respond to others as well, like a long wall post, haha.

@snowywinter Thank youuu, Its a small win but feels like a huge win to me. its so nice to feel stable again.

@dragrawr Thank you ^^ and it really does feel refreshing.
aww, thank you for the opportunity to share them. ;u;
here are some of my works that I've done.

https://youtu.be/_PdLjZ3GDEs

https://youtu.be/ERxouCbF0ag

https://youtu.be/UK1uyqlqIlI

and here is my most resent animation after my break from animating;

https://www.deviantart.com/11dragonii/art/Head-Turn-947827566

https://www.deviantart.com/11dragonii/art/streachting-cube-947827241

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 4 February 2023 at 1:19 AM

@amelialightwing like dragonii said it's for whatever you feel like talking about really. BIG announcements, your site, your life. venting. You found something cool on youtube (age appropriate.) or a random thought.

"Did you notice if you lay down on the grass, looking through it... it's like skyscrapers to ants?! lol >.< "

(perfect thread to help with those 3 dailies.
lots of people post and are usually on their way. It comes in ebbs and flows though with people responding or not responding. Just don't recommend posting here *expecting* a reply... or WHAT type of reply you may get... it can be crazy. lol You could post about broccoli and next thing you know someone is bringing up a whole conversation directed at you about dragons or Tasmas. *shrug*)

It's like an ever evolving painting.

@dragonii stable is NOT to be underrated. I miss stable sooooo much.

hope you don't mind but I looked at the animations one DA. I think it's pretty nifty ^^
reminds me when I was teaching myself to shade and was drawing a bunch of household objects (so, so many apples.) (wasn't until years later in art class that i learned about ...the thing where there's a focal point in the distance, the triangle for making things look further or closer. I figured out lighting, but not that.) But anyhow, watching the animations made me smile. Good work ^^

Female
677 posts

amelialightwing • 4 February 2023 at 1:24 AM

@snowywinter @dragonii Cool, thanks.

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 4 February 2023 at 1:38 AM

@dragonii i love your character so much! I love the nightmare parade 😸

69 posts

amysnow • 4 February 2023 at 7:21 AM

I wish they stop request blog post for daily quest. I have nothing to say and it feel like I am spaming non sense things when I try to post about something I dont want

Female
31 posts

nerdbear • 4 February 2023 at 9:04 AM

Celebrating my husband's birthday this weekend. What is everyone doing this weekend? I know the Superbowl is on Sunday but I could care less about football.

1,133 posts

hikanu • 4 February 2023 at 12:00 PM

Aaaarh! Why did I have to leave my apartment today? Why did I have to run out of toilet paper? I did not need to be spooked by three swans flying overhead.

I'll probably feel very alive for the next 10-15 minutes while the adrenaline goes away. XD

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 4 February 2023 at 12:14 PM

@nerdbear Wait it's Superbowl on Sunday? Wow I'm seriously out of touch lol.

Okay so my sleep schedule has been wonky for a long time, and been getting worse the past 5-ish months. Staying up until 1-2am, waking up early, taking multiple naps during the day, etc. But this is just kinda ridiculous Didn't go to sleep until after 4am and then woke at 7am and couldn't get back to sleep, it's now a bit after 10am and I'm nearly falling asleep at the computer.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 4 February 2023 at 4:22 PM

@amysnow actually they stopped the blog post ones yesterday, in yesterdays blog the announced it and im kind of glad they did stop it all together. If you mean more form posts, form games are great way to get the count up with out technically spamming.

@snowywinter it really shouldn't, Its amazing what being stable does to the human mind.
and I honestly and genuinely hope that things get stable for you.

I 100% don't mind at all, I am grateful that you where willing to look. 😊 And I'm glad they made you smile.
and that seems like a fond memory. I've always wanted to go to an art class, but because I was never given the opportunity I've relied a lot on YouTube videos/tutorials, haha.

do you have any art you're willing to share? cause I'd love to see. 😊

@dragrawr awww, thank youuu. I have so many other characters I want to make animations for but I need to work on my skills again. ^^;;

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 4 February 2023 at 9:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy29jBqckCo

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 5 February 2023 at 2:38 AM

@nerdbear
Not that I had any plans... (other than the same cycle of trying to get in enough feedings by Midnight AND now also complete quests, barely get my dailies done on another virtual pet game, do my battles on my demon card flirty game, falling asleep in the middle of that, finally crawl into bed some time after Noon, wake up exhausted and start the whole process over again...)

But so far pleasant surprise of breaking up my own daily version of Groundhog's Day...
Got some delicious Mexican takeout (not *as* authentic as the family cantina style I grew accustomed to, but still 10,000 times better than the Bell. - And I do mean *family* Owner was the cook, wife was the main waitress greeting and serving the guests, and the younger children were often there running around playing or doing their homework at a booth. The decorations on the walls were all things he got back home in Mexico when he went to visit family, and a few family heirlooms. He never compromised his recipes to make them more 'American' / Mainstream. *sigh* Miss it so much. ... but time moves on for all of us) and @/fruitbat and I watched SNL together (Pedro Pascal & Coldplay, we couldn't pass it up.) First time we got to watch TV together in quite a while. (Probably almost a year now.) ...Aside from 'All Creatures Great and Small.' (The latter is on Sunday, so that's what I'll be watching Sunday ^^ Not a huge fan of Football either... and it seems like there's no recapturing the magic of the SB ads that the mid-late 1990's had.)

Spent first half of day mourning the loss of one of my favorite actresses ever. A kind soul, bright light, generous in self, lover of life. (Don't feel like saying who rn, like naming her would just make it all too real. Her death doesn't come as a surprise to me at all... but I didn't want to give up *hoping* she'd get better.)

Hope your Husband had/has a wonderful birthday! (Does he prefer relaxing, fun, crazy, small laid back parties, parties with lots of guests and over the top celebrations, etc. ? I either am the type who used to like curling up with a good book, having a party with 2-6 guests and laid back activities, maybe some table-top games, or going out to a restaurant for a tasty meal. 1-on-1, sometimes a friend or two.
Now I'm just like send me a thoughtful card and a text message and let me get back to my online games : P)

@hikanu
Arrrrrrrg! Sounds like it it was one of *those* days. Yikes.
(Swans ...and running out of TP, are no joke.)
(I feel the opposite when my adrenaline gets going, i literally feel like I'm about to die >.< I run out of energy so fast too. By the time it stops I'm usually a puddle of mush on the ground/floor/bed. )

@heatherm19 WooT! I'm less out of touch with the world than someone else! Thanks for making my rock feel a little smaller ^^ 💙

oof... and I need to get back to my little nap sessions and break the almost "normal" cycle I'm on (normal if you account for a 3rd shift normal.) I'm getting no real world things accomplished >.<
It bites when what works for us is thrown out of whack.
For some reason my sleep patterns get totally thrown off in Winter the past few years. : /

@dragonii thank you for the well wishes ^^

Granted, the art classes I took were all in school, but I had some REALLY good teachers, and most of the schools gave a top notch education. And I hear ya on the YouTube thing... I never stopped trying to learn from others who've "made it" or those I admired. When an artist is willing to share their technique or where they learn from, it's worth paying attention to. But I do hope you can take a proper art class some day ^^
(Though fair warning. They will try to tear you down and remold you not too dissimilar to military boot camp. They want to break students of any bad habits they may have picked up along the way. And a good one will definitely push you out of your comfort zone in trying new techniques and mediums. It's all for the best ^^.)

Oh, the most artwork I made is all from so long ago, packed away in an attic I can no longer access.
And honestly I'm the paranoid type that hardly ever even showed friends in person, afraid someone would try to steal it.
Now with blockchains being able to protect works, I'd love to learn how to do that, but this neuro-condition has my brain complete mush most days. Where i used to be able to run circles around Geek Squad in computery stuff, my memory isn't long enough to figure out anything but the simplest of... ummm.. (seriously forgetting the words right now.) troubleshooting! ...I know restarting things helps : D

But if I remember I'll try to get a picture of the picture I having hanging in my livingroom and PM it to you. (Last painting I ever did. I hadn't painted for about 10-15 years, and I was hanging out at a friend's house, and she encouraged me to try. I still have the floppy eared-wolf she painted me hanging up too ^^ )

Female
730 posts

lothar • 5 February 2023 at 3:10 AM

For me, today is the Lantern Festival! In the evening there is a show on the TV, and a Lantern Festival parade.
When I was a primary student, my school had a activity to make a lantern. It can be taken in the hands, or have wheels. At that time rabbit lanterns were very popular. I remembered that I made a humble rabbit lantern with my parents hahaha
Nowadays we can see a Lantern Festival parade with AR technology, which makes them alive. Except for watching lanterns, we also guess lantern riddles. I'm not good at that, I usually stare at riddles and don't know the answer
As I age, I don't have a lot of time to attend the parade, but I can still have delicious yuanxiao with my family.
It's a symbol of the good desire, and wish you all good luck and reunion