Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

264 posts

snowwall • 9 December 2022 at 6:03 AM

Now, is e-Code like BBCode? Can I insert a creature/item picture?

Apparently not.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 December 2022 at 1:23 AM

@snowwall

no pictures or anything like that here, and only linking to stuff onsite works. [url=

Female
1,147 posts

valorieviolet • 11 December 2022 at 5:09 AM

I don't know if this is a fever dream or not, but... remember when you would have three food options to feed your creature instead of just the feed button? I remember...

Can't stop thinking about it.

264 posts

snowwall • 11 December 2022 at 9:36 AM

@snowywinter
Yeah, I know about the links... It's not like the pictures were going to be off-site, either, I just wanted to put the images of the creature stages into my "visual" "2022 monthlies guide"...

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 December 2022 at 9:41 PM

@snowwall

certainly would be nice to at least link / show on-site images : /
Would help when posting creature / item trades requests.

ooh... and any sort of guide people wanted to post.

I never understood why we can use on-site links, but not pictures. (unless it's a bandwidth thing ???)

Non-binary
1,077 posts

distorted • 12 December 2022 at 1:49 AM

ITS MY BIRTHDAY

Female
2,944 posts

heatherm19 • 12 December 2022 at 1:56 AM

@distorted HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Anything special planned?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 12 December 2022 at 10:32 PM

@distorted
Woot! *Shared birthday month high five!*

Hope it was a good one ^^

Mine blew big baloney chunks right out the nose - proverbially speaking.
(In the mean time I just keep thinking about all the beautiful snow we got in November before it melted.)

87 posts

charchill • 12 December 2022 at 10:59 PM

Um, hi. Yay, double birthday!

Gender Nonconforming
1,249 posts

frankenstein • 14 December 2022 at 1:37 AM

"There are total of 998 species currently discovered and documented in The Archives."

What happens when we hit 1k? Nothing special? Another boost in cove spaces? Lol in my dreams :<

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 14 December 2022 at 9:52 PM

woo boy I'm tired and this splitting headache isn't helping any. I almost just posted asking if someone forgot to post the winners of the Lottery. (thinking it was already the 15th.)
And that the creature name was the user name. *facepalm*

@frankenstein
If we don't at least get a special creature release i'm going to be disappointed. --- but extra coves spaces would be the dream.

87 posts

charchill • 14 December 2022 at 10:07 PM

I'd like a site-wide celebration and a all-user giveaway to be honest.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 15 December 2022 at 7:41 AM

I dropped a load of stuff at the donations center from my side account 👀

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 15 December 2022 at 9:50 AM

@twinkle im late-

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 15 December 2022 at 10:54 PM

@wonder404exe
No worries! I’ll be dropping some more on the 18th and 25th ^^

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 16 December 2022 at 1:55 PM

i got the job offer i really wanted and i'm so excited! my last day at my current job is december 30th and i start my new position in early january. it's a really nice company and the pay and benefits are good and best of all it's fully work from home. i just ordered a new desk and some other stuff so i can make a nice work station for myself! i felt stuck at my current job and i've been here almost a year and a half, but i feel like it paid off because it helped build my resume up and helped get me this new job 😃 just felt like sharing with somebody!

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 16 December 2022 at 1:59 PM

@pwuffy
Yay! Congratulations! That is so exciting, and what a great way to end the year and begin the new one. c:
And curating a work station, that sounds like it'll be fun to create. 😊

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 16 December 2022 at 2:33 PM

@daisycat thank you so much!

yep 😃 i live with my parents still, in my childhood room, so admittedly most of my furniture is from when i was a kid, including my desk haha! so it's quite small... plus i figure whatever furniture i buy now i can always take with me whenever i end up moving out in the next year or two 😋

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 16 December 2022 at 4:36 PM

@pwuffy
Ooh definitely take advantage of living there as long as you can. *_* I always tell people to "pretend" they're paying rent every month, and just put that money into savings, then when you do move out it'll help with security deposit or down payment or whatnot. Though there are parents who make their kids pay rent lol, but whenever I hear that I always hope the parents are just secretly putting it in a stash to give to their child when they do move out! 😊

87 posts

charchill • 23 December 2022 at 12:08 AM

Um, wow, the shoutbox is dead.

Well, I CAN"T BELIEVE IT!!! WHY ROSSE?!WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO ENDANGERED?!

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 23 December 2022 at 12:15 AM

@charchill
It's those peeps who are hoarding coves FULL of Rosses! ;_; XD
Come on cave, supply and demand... Make. More. ROSSES in there.

87 posts

charchill • 23 December 2022 at 12:19 AM

Maybe the SAR will do something free for once- The Rosse Maker 2000...

(MWAHAHAHA!!!)

Also, I think I need some help with Chrome-where is the add button for the "Sites that can always use cookies" thing? I mean in the cookie settings.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 4 January 2023 at 3:31 AM

Hee... I named a creature I caught yesterday... tossed some sounds together and went with a spelling I liked...
When I looked it up I found a website with a whole profile of what the name means...
and it said the lucky day for people with that name is Tuesday. yesterday was Tuesday!

lucky indeed, I felt very lucky catching it. It was one i was going for and I seldom get one on certain days i want without enlisting the help of friends.
It felt like fate that I caught her (there were some number association coincidences too,) and the name profile even said as much. That people born of that name are fated.

It was pretty neat for just throwing random sounds together ^^

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 4 January 2023 at 3:42 AM

I really like the travels I gave all my creature creations : D
It feels like they tell a story of their own with those travels

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 4 January 2023 at 3:50 AM

@shirothekittehlover
woot! for storytelling with travels

turns it into a glimpse into a moment like a picture, as opposed to them just being generic backgrounds.

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 4 January 2023 at 6:15 AM

@snowywinter
Tfw a simple travel made a whole difference

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 January 2023 at 11:25 PM

Just a quick reminder, hoping that no one is caught off guard - Double-triple Feed Day comes early this month since the 1st was on a Sunday. It's a little over 24 hours away ^^ (January 8th)

Female
1,944 posts

chaotictreat • 6 January 2023 at 11:35 PM

@snowywinter Thank you!! def wouldve missed it (i normally miss it and regret it lmao)

87 posts

charchill • 6 January 2023 at 11:37 PM

Yay!!

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 6 January 2023 at 11:48 PM

oh the feed day is tomorrow then

Just felt like telling somebody - I've just hit 3 months in a project that I'm involved in, and I finally feel like I'm making a substantial contribution ^^ I think I can make considerable savings to the way we quote our products and it was received well by my director 😊

It's been 8 months since I started this new job and it's definitely better than my old place. Hybrid work, better pay, bigger projects, more R&D as opposed to continuous design work. By context I'm an engineer so any current/aspiring engineers, feel free to give me a shout 😊

I can't believe I'm posting this on eggcave out of all places but it's the only site I'm anonymous in. Sometimes it's still hard to imagine that there's real people behind each avatar, but occasionally seeing you guys around - getting excited for creatures, grumbling about site features or getting to know each other - makes me feel at peace. I can't muster a lot of energy to be social nowadays but I still lurk every day anyway.

Happy new year ❤️