Female
519 posts

boba • 8 July 2022 at 5:31 PM

@wonder404exe :’)

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 8 July 2022 at 6:16 PM

@boba @wonder404exe

why are you guys talking abt shoeboxes in SHOUTBOX?!!??

Female
519 posts

boba • 8 July 2022 at 6:17 PM

@allydogfog I thought it was called shoebox- qwq

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 8 July 2022 at 6:17 PM

@allydogfog
what no-

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 8 July 2022 at 6:22 PM

1. @wonder404exe yes u were
u and boba were talking abt shoeboxes

2. @boba cmon man shoebox. shoebox . think abt your actions
ALSO I STARRED THIS FORUM POST TOO BUT LIKE NOBODY IS ACTIVE ON FORUMS MUCH LESS SHOUTBOX :,(

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 8 July 2022 at 6:23 PM

@allydogfog
ur grammar- I cant understand

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 8 July 2022 at 6:29 PM

@wonder404exe
you cant spell either so.

anyways did u guys notice the sitefeedback and ideas forum is t 33,333 forum posts ?????????
cool number only seeing once in lifetime

(as u can probs tell, I want to bring this forum back to life bcs it only gets posted in once every 2 weekss)

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 8 July 2022 at 6:54 PM

Wonder how long it'll take for the 33,333 post count to get 'ruined'?
( https://prnt.sc/0Pt17NZDFFW8 )

We've had a measly two consecutive days of heat and I already want summer to end. There's (obviously) been hot days like these already this year, but they were mostly broken up by the regularly scheduled rain and wind, not "back to back" like this. I don't always like to complain about the heat since our "hot summer temperatures" are usually nothing compared to most countries'... but it's too hot.

(Though what's worse than a hot day is a hot night... please save me.)

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 8 July 2022 at 7:11 PM

@sparklefox probably not long, longest MAAAAAYBE two weeks :,)
cool number tho>>>>>>>

gosh I hate summer for this exact reason. hot days. My summers aren't as hot either but I dont know, this year it feels warmer. (global warming? idk) I CANNOT survive any type of hot weather. Tbh if I lived in the old ages where there was no AC, dont think I would live for very long. I live in a state where's its actually four seasons, like it's sorta balanced? though this year the weathers been CRAZY ESP in Feb/March like 80F to 24F to 50F and a whole week of 75ish weather then it suddenly drops to 20-40F? Makes it a bit harder to plan, YK??

AND ABT THE NIGHTS- BRO HOT NIGHTS FEELS TERRIBLE ITS UN EXPLAINABLE. ITS JUST no.

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 13 July 2022 at 12:52 PM

@allydogfog

I feel like the reason forums aren't active anymore is that it's just easier to use walls or literally just PM someone. I feel like if it was more rewarding to post on forums it would be better. Maybe forum vistas like Flight Rising does, tipping good posts, or getting EC/CC from posting would make the forums better. Also a lot of people really want more CC, so getting 1CC/post could make some sense? It wouldn't exactly ruin the economy, but it would wake the forums up. IDK though.

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 13 July 2022 at 2:41 PM

@twilightshine

Yeah, maybe! I like your idea :-) I kind of wish PM's were just removed from the game and then private forums posts would be added? so maybe they could check the newest public posts when going on to their private chat, and hopefully post 😸
Id like them to be morre active to make new friends, chat, yk those stuff

I dont play flight rising, but I know some games w forums and their forums are like always active and every few seconds theres a new post. Theres really no good reason to post on forums than CWDC, but after you post 100 theres no goal or any prizes, think that stops a lot of people from being active :c

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 13 July 2022 at 3:16 PM

@allydogfog
Exactly, lol-maybe for every 50 posts you make, you get 500CC? But then there's the problem of spam :/

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 13 July 2022 at 4:34 PM

@twilightshine

I think Eggcave is pretty protected from spam since the mods can just remove those posts any creatures bought w the CC, etc etc. The only problem is with trades/auctions. A like two day period where you cant use that cc you earned so the mods can check for spam? idk. xD

I think maybe a little less than 500 CC because thats a lot for 50 posts , and since we are getting the EC to CC terminal (horray) with 500 cc for each post the price and value probably is going to go down

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 13 July 2022 at 4:57 PM

@allydogfog
Wait...we're getting the terminal? Awesome!

But honestly, it depends on a lot of things which will determine the success of the terminal.
1. The exchange ratio-Will it be 10k EC per 1CC...or 100k EC per 1CC?
2. Transactions-Will you have a limited amount of CC transferred (ex: 100EC per week) or is it unlimited?
3. Increased pricing-Will the CSP monthlies cost more?
Things like that.

Perhaps 50cc for 50 posts. And deducting 2 posts per every spam message, ex:
A user posts 50 good, solid, non-spammy posts, but then posts 20 spam posts so they can get CC more quickly. After the moderators find out, their posts get deducted by 40 (20*2), and are left with 10 posts.

OR we can just lead with the simple idea of tipping posts. Perhaps awards like on Reddit, with different perks? (100EC, 1,000EC, 10,000 EC, 100,000 EC, 1,000,000EC, 100CC, 200CC, etc) And they all have different names. More interestingly, effects (+1 chance at the asteroid, double feed for two days, +2 chance at the asteroid, +10 chances at the cave), that all cost different amounts of CC/EC to buy. For example, EC awards cost the amount of EC used to 'tip' that person, CC awards cost that amount of CC, etc. Asteroid awards can be CC excusive, while EC is used to buy double feed/cave chances.

This way, the price of CC wouldn't necessarily be 'undermined', but players have more incentive to use forums, have good quality posts, etc. Maybe even just EC for posting, such as 100EC for 1 post, more if it's longer (of course, accounting for spamming).

The downside of this is harsher punishments for spam. Right now, there's really no punishment for spam, but if any of this is actually implemented, spam rates may increase. Perhaps a suspension of your account may be in order for spam?

This may also fail quite spectacularly:
1. Players may post too regularly, meaning the overall value of CC goes down (of course, if only awards are implemented, this will probably not be the case).
2. Spam may be annoying, and moderators can't be online 24/7
3. Players may be limited to only posting on forums with their main accounts, making it really annoying to post in the trading forums (of course, we can also limit post counts for the trade forums, and awards are pretty non-applicable there)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bottom line: There are flaws with every solution, but this one is pretty good, I think.

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 13 July 2022 at 5:57 PM

@twilightshine

Im not sure but there was this blog post and it said there was going to be a free CC system soon, since theres so much support for the terminal... maybe?? This post on the bottom: https://eggcave.com/blog/you-can-now-formally-link-your-mains-sides?page=5

Im not good w questions so ill try to question back at you with average human on eggcave ablitiies LOL

1. The exchange ratio-Will it be 10k EC per 1CC...or 100k EC per 1CC?

I dunno, but for right now that wouldnt be possible since you cant trade 1CC, at the least 50
Ive read some of the chats at the old terminal topic/CC for f2p and theyre all saying for a system to not change the value of CC, for it to obtainable but youd still need to buy some if you qwant to get all creatures, I dont think they would make free CC if their revenue/value was going to down way down

2. Transactions-Will you have a limited amount of CC transferred (ex: 100EC per week) or is it unlimited?
Again idk it miight be somewhere in the comments on that blog post :,)

3. Increased pricing-Will the CSP monthlies cost more?
Nope, because that would be a bit unfair lol and they havent mentioned that- at all

I TOTALLY AGREE W UR DEDUCING POSTS, SO if anyone tries theyll get down more forum posts than started -> stop bcs obviously why would u keep going -> less work for mods -> cleared up forums

And to your posting too regularly- I think if it has to be CC, maybe 100 posts or maybe having some forums topics not count to your total? Like with the games, maybe that could be the same with other sections

I think tipping posts would be a better idea because you can obviously see which forum posts have the most support, get EC (rewards), and you can do on alt. One problem with this though, you can just get a group of friends and tip eachothers posts

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 13 July 2022 at 6:17 PM

@allydogfog @twilightshine
yall r crazy........ thats so many words-

People can just chat here and get infiate CC/EC and ofc i didn't read all of it i would be crazy
peraps New leader board for posting?

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 13 July 2022 at 7:59 PM

@wonder404exe
No, because that would just reward 'bumping' posts, not actually good content. I stand by on rewards system 😊 It would reward good posts, which I think would be awesome in reviving the forums

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 13 July 2022 at 8:04 PM

@twilightshine
Everyones gonna spam 0_0;

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 13 July 2022 at 8:06 PM

@wonder404exe
That's why we should do awards instead
That way, people get rewarded for not spamming

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 13 July 2022 at 8:08 PM

@twilightshine
I think CC is a bit too much since we already have free CC going around

For not spamming? How? (I'm just too lazy to read ehhhh)

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 13 July 2022 at 8:11 PM

@wonder404exe I'm eating rn, so I'm typing reeeeal slow ;-;
My post above explains it all. With an award system, you can award other users with cc/ec for posting good posts. For example, awarding a user 500CC by buying the award for 500CC. That way, spammers don't get anything, but people who contribute to the conversation do.

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 13 July 2022 at 8:14 PM

@twilightshine
Now like everyone is trying to be good and get loads of CC and gets rich and CC value gets so low that it worth nothing xDD (I'm joking its probably not *that* bad)

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 13 July 2022 at 8:16 PM

@wonder404exe
Well, it's literally giving someone CC for posting, so it won't undermine the value of CC much

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 13 July 2022 at 8:22 PM

@twilightshine
It'll have a-lota bugs as @/allydogfog stated on her last post :'/
Great idea tho

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 13 July 2022 at 9:46 PM

@twilightshine @wonder404exe

While you guys were fighting like animals I found another topic w like this (https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/76280 by @/kataclysm) so people agree w this idea!! Maybe its time for a change in forums?

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 13 July 2022 at 9:47 PM

@allydogfog
Yes! That is where I got the idea from ^^

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 13 July 2022 at 9:53 PM

@twilightshine Ohhh really?? I didnt know haha- i didnt see it earlier when it was orginally posted :,)

Also my throat is really dry and my head really hurts today for some reason and tmr is going to be scorching hot outside and i do not want to go. i hate when the weather is super hot even when its summer , thats the main reason i HATE summer.. the HEAT. IT KILLS ME. I CANT DEAL W THIS HEAT. dang my state isnt even like considered one the hot states its actually pretty north i cant imagine what the people down at the bottom feel like where its 100ish degrees everyday