Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 November 2021 at 4:52 PM

@jadeikamono I've only done it a few times but it's easy to do when I have a habit of doing it at the start of the Eggcave day, when I'm dead tired. And if I sleep through it, well... it's not habit for me to check it later in the day.
Forget to check for eggs?! O.O But that's like the main component of this site. Lol... like how?! 😊
(I've done that like once or twice. Recently went to do one last check before the midnight rollover, and I still had the 10 attempts left. I was so confused.)

Shoutout to first responders (and anyone really, especially retail) working their butts off tomorrow (and the following few days) in the US!

1 Dec 21:

HAPPY DECEMBER EVERYONE ! ! !

Deleted • 6 December 2021 at 4:47 PM

Happy December to you to 😃

Non-binary
1,034 posts

distorted • 6 December 2021 at 9:03 PM

My crush called me their girlfriend today. I'm still freaking out abt that.

AND MY BIRTHDAY'S IN 6 DAYS YAYYYY-

Female
890 posts

shirothekittehlover • 6 December 2021 at 11:24 PM

Hey guys
I'm back, but not really back at the same time
So if you guys see the bottom of my profile, you can see that I have an account on a website called Drawception.
The thing i'm trying to say is there's a huge drama going on there recently
So I guess i sorta left for a while
Oh and i'm going to do some stuff here as a way of showing that i'm back 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 6 December 2021 at 11:42 PM

@distorted Yaaaaa!!!! Congrats ❤️

And Yaaaaay, another December Birthday 😊

@shirothekittehlover
Ah, the old website dram shuffle. Been there.
Have fun, dip your toes in, the stew is warm.

Female
25 posts

kitkatlps • 9 December 2021 at 10:27 AM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Deleted • 9 December 2021 at 4:11 PM

Hiiiiiiiiii I love you egg profile pick what kind of egg is it?

Female
4,593 posts

mastergemma • 15 February 2022 at 11:31 PM

Lots have happened recently. It has been a wild couple of years with many joys and disappointments. I lost a job opportunity that I was really looking forward to due to contracting covid but the location still seems curious to have me in some way. It would be very funny if I went to university for Biology and Archaeology and then ended up being in data analytics. Not that I would be complaining, it would be very interesting.

I still play Pokemon Go during events. I still enjoy the game, just not the lack of content. The new Pokemon game, Legends of Arceus, released and it's enjoyable to play but overall it's ehhhhhh. Still absolutely the most fun I've had with a pokemon game since the released of Alpha Sapphire. If it was a bit more similar to Monster Hunter Stories, I reckon the game would be a bit better too but oh well, it is what it is.

Overall, I've been pretty happy with how my life has been recently and it will only go up from here! Bring it on 2022~

171 posts

mirime • 16 February 2022 at 1:00 PM

@mastergemma this is so genuine, sharing life and thoughts is always beautiful. Thanks for your post, it made me think about how united we all are in this existence, in life course.
(I didn’t know nothing about this topic, so it's twice good.)
You've been so resilient through your ups and downs and you'll always be. I hope the best for you, especially for that job!
I'm glad to know you'll be studying Data Analytics, it will be great, and in future you can maybe follow another path.
Best wishes ♡

Female
4,593 posts

mastergemma • 21 February 2022 at 9:06 AM

@mirime
It's cathartic in my opinion and always a good way to just look back and relax. No matter what we are all definitely apart of a community. We all live in streets of houses in towns and when disaster strikes people will definitely help. It's in our nature to help. It's actually a little funny in a way as when we are individuals we are all so different but as a large group, people are fundamentally similar and will exhibit similar behaviours.

I have a friend that's very heavily preganganant so today I got the whooping cough vaccine at her request. So naturally with no hesitation I got the jab today. My arm is a little sore but it's nothing in comparison to knowing I'll be able to meet her daughter when she eventually arrives. Oh heckers I need to double check I have all of the other jabs that are necessary to ensure the safety of the young bubba.

If anyone wants to play a very fun coop game, Raft is the one for you. It's just fun playing the game and saying Raft out loud! Bonus points for saying it as rahft and then raaft depending on your accent lol. Best game of the year, 10/10 we need more content stat plz game devs.

Edit.
28/02/2022

I'm so old I still use hotmail.com.au instead of learning the outlook web address.
I will vow to never type https://outlook.live.com to get to my hotmail account ever

Non-binary
21 posts

nathreok • 17 March 2022 at 9:02 PM

Hello everyone, I was curious and I popped in; to be into the conversations here as well. I'm still a newbie though, I'm also not the best at conversation starters.

Anyway, once again. Hello!

Non-binary
27 posts

witika • 7 April 2022 at 10:01 AM

Hello ouo

Female
2,046 posts

cranberrycat1 • 6 May 2022 at 5:07 PM

Hey was wondering what everyone thinks about the new site blog post about the cc and linking side accounts.

I really liked the idea of getting cc for free even though it might not be in large quantities.

I am a little confused on linking side accounts though I have linked my side accounts but don't know if I have to do something on my side to confirm that it is my side account.

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 6 May 2022 at 6:35 PM

@cranberrycat1
once you linked them i don't think you need to do anything else (except adhere to the rules of those accs ofc lol). it's just to make sure that people in the future don't abuse the side accs to get extra stuff.

although, i noticed that caves and mysterious asteroids on side accounts aren't locked? i think that would be a good idea.

@/raccoon made a very good suggestion where you can quick swap between acc. i like that a lot.

as for f2p players getting cc, ofc they have to be very careful about it but i'm very happy that egg cave is taking strides to include more of their community in the more "premium" content. this has been discussed for the longest time (with a lot of community support) so i'm very glad it's happening.

it's definitely not gonna be a lot but i'm sure that there will still be people who will buy cc. as for me i have no end of creatures i want to evolve, freeze, customize, etc. it'll be a miracle if i can get enough to buy one after buying litsdnatses.

Female
25 posts

kitkatlps • 6 May 2022 at 7:48 PM

yes, I really would like to get cc

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 6 May 2022 at 8:08 PM

would love for a feature to quick swap accounts.. that would be so nice omg...

and yes for sure i will still buy CC, typically i'm the type of person who likes to earn everything without spending but well, i've gotten a lot older and life has gotten busier for me so while i do try to trade when i can, i usually end up buying CC for rereleases... but it will be really nice to have some method of earning it in game, i also adore the idea of getting it via achievements as i am someone who is somewhat of a completionist when it comes to achievements and enjoy hunting them 😃

Female
25 posts

kitkatlps • 6 May 2022 at 11:22 PM

yesss I can't wait plus I would like to get better at feeding my creatures' and getting better ones I can feed some of your creatures.

Non-binary
1,034 posts

distorted • 27 May 2022 at 8:00 PM

im hosting a giveaway 😋

Cis Woman
12 posts

callsatmidnight • 28 May 2022 at 2:32 PM

I couldn't find a General Congrats Thread ;w;
I finally found a Cayni egg 😃!!

1,558 posts

dragonii • 7 June 2022 at 5:39 PM

@callsatmidnight I don't think we have one? But this place works for it ^^

@distorted I'm def interested in your giveaway, but I don't know if I have people to ping I've been so inactive here on eggcave, ^^;

---
I finally Finished an animation i started in December **Flomps on random couch** I just have to upload it to youtube haha

Non-binary
1,034 posts

distorted • 7 June 2022 at 9:09 PM

@dragonii oh no worries 😋 u can still join!

also cool! ive animated a bit before in flipaclip (which sucks) and adobe animate (for school, it sucks more than flipaclip)

1,558 posts

dragonii • 8 June 2022 at 12:30 AM

@distorted Thats good haha, I might join then.

I 00% agree, they both suck. But I decided to animate through flip-a-clip (Huge mistake... especially after animating with toonboom for a little while.) But they have the basic needs down at least, so its neat when you are first starting out.

I honestly have always wanted to take official classes for animation, but for now im gonna run with what ive got with self teaching and youtube videos haha.

Cis Woman
12 posts

callsatmidnight • 11 June 2022 at 6:17 PM

When you get so caught up in an auction that it makes your heart pound @w@|||
I think some of my previous experience with snipe bids spiked up my anxiety

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 28 June 2022 at 4:34 AM

Recently had to take my dog to the vet and it was insanely expensive just to find out he had too much dirt in his nose and was fine lol

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 June 2022 at 1:07 PM

@callsatmidnight, @dragonii there were a couple general congratulation/good news threads... but they went dormant. And since most threads aren't allowed to be resurrected on Eggcave, people could always start new ones. ^^ Good vibes are always welcome.

Congrats dragonii on picking up an waylaid project! I'm always horrible about that. Once i drift away from my creative endeavors usually they sit there for the rest of eternity unresolved. :/

The most experience I have with animating anything was a preloaded movie maker that had characters, accessories, music, backgrounds, and you only got to chose three scenes. And dialog was limited in length. (You got to write whatever you wanted though for the script.) It was fun though. I'd often use it as an alternative to sending ecards to friends on their birthdays.

@callsatmidnight
Hear ya on the auctions. It leaves me drained for most of the rest of the day. (Therefore I don't bid there too often)

@mightyeglantine oof! *money with wings emoji* ...well at least he was okay.

Bathroom floor sleeping is under-rated and over stigmatized. I've talked to so many people in the past few months that admit they do it from time to time too (and a couple ppl who do it almost full-time.)

p.s. Also, does anyone else feel odd/slightly disoriented when a song from half your lifetime ago randomly pops into your head? (I'm also a bit amused by it.)
(It happens to me every so often. Just a bit ago it was 'Sunny Came Home' Had nothing to do with anything I was thinking about. I was just playing a Match-3 game.)

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 28 June 2022 at 10:20 PM

@snowywinter

Yeah! Once in a while I literally think of random songs from a while ago. Some from like 7 years ago. Its funny tbh.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 4 July 2022 at 12:16 AM

@snowywinter I definitely have many of those projects, haha. somedays you just have to let them go and be unfinished.

I'm hoping that my current project I'm working on gets finished and isnt left unfinished for years on end, like my other projects gahah

Female
514 posts

boba • 8 July 2022 at 4:38 PM

Hm i just realized that its called SHOUTbox…

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAaAAAAAA-

Demifluid
1,459 posts

wonder404exe • 8 July 2022 at 5:23 PM

@boba HWTA DID U THINK IT WAS???

Female
514 posts

boba • 8 July 2022 at 5:24 PM

Shoebox q-q @wonder404exe