πŸŒŠπŸ¦‘Creature Suggestion: Sepiimora [JULY - SUMMER]πŸ¦‘πŸŒŠ

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 6 February 2023 at 7:48 PM

to clear things up, it was swapped out for a diff. suggestion of mine last minute due to the theme being lava, so NO! this creature has not been accepted... but hopefully a second time ;] ❀️

Hihi !! Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it a lot! 🌊 #creaturesuggestion

Meet the Sepiimora! This creature is based off a cuttlefish, but is shaped like a shark, sea monster, thingy. Its name is the scientific name of a cuttlefish, Sepiida, and -mora, so..... Sepiimora!!

🌊🌊🌊Link🌊🌊🌊

https://www.deviantart.com/dragrawr/art/Sepiimora-948473250

I spent a lot of hours sketching out the anatomy and tweaking many different things, trying to make a perfect little sea monster for summertime! I hope you all enjoy it

note: would like this creature to be made (if chosen!) by the "fairy artist" ! Thank you!🌊

notes:
-remove the extra remora on the adult stage (it will get in the way most likely and muddy the details)
- always has the remora fish friend
- keep the monster boy shiny! He's slippery/slimy :]
- changing poses moderately to better fit the 90x90 is fine! Especially the teen and adult stage- feel free to squish the body up and bit, etc. The adult stage is prominently showing off the tail/dorsal features so putting the adult stage in perspective or moving the body to be behind those features could work. Hes a loooong boy so I understand!

🌊🌊🌊small details"🌊🌊🌊
Weight
113.98 kgs

Height
(dunno, but they are vveeeery long) 8 meters

Gender Profile
Standard

Habitat
Ocean/Lake

🌊🌊🌊Anyway, continue onto the description! 🌊🌊🌊

Egg:

A living fish is protecting this oddly squishy egg, and the egg seems to be using its two brightly-colored tentacles to cling to its guardian.

Creature:

As a tiny hatchling, Sepiimora cuttlets are not on their own. Each individual bonds with a remora fish before it hatches, creating an everlasting bond between the two. However, as little cuttlets, the Sepiimora species is quite timid and shy, often grasping onto its fish guardian. When nervous or scared, the Sepiimora's tentacles and arms enveloping their head display dark colors with pulsating squiggly lines.

As Sepiimoras age, they tend to be more curious. They spin in water currents and joyfully play with their remora companion, often looking to them for guidance. Arkians can see these creatures in shallow water, toying with bits of brightly colored coral and shells. It can be observed that these young Sepiimora have paler, calmer patterns on their arms and tenetacles, this is because they are more bold and do not rely on their remora friend as much. Sub-adult Sepiimora, however, are a tad too curious and tend to grab onto objects or creatures they are curious about with their tentacles. Be careful if one does this- hidden behind their suction cupped arms is their razor sharp beak!

Sepiimora adults can be seen ripping through waves at high speeds, their dorsal fin cutting the seafoam on the tips of the waves. Their whole body is designed for speed in the water, since they are in fact predators. They enjoy the hunt, using their two long tentacles to reach out and snag its prey, bringing it backwards to its massive, sharp beak. The colorful displays on its tentacles and arms surrounding its head are studied relentlessly by many, as these displays have meaning to each small movement. Most adults can be seen displaying bold, dark colored stripes, as if to say, "I'm the biggest, coolest creature here, so watch it!" This is why a majority of Sepiimora are seen as sassy.

Luckily, its remora companion can keep its attitude in check. The fish is tiny compared to the full grown Sepiimora, but the Sepiimora still loves and cares for its guardian, often showing it interesting shaped shells or shiny man-made objects that it finds from exploring its habitat. The remora frequently receives delicate hugs from its Sepiimora, which clicks its beak in such a way that sounds as if it is happily chirping.

This incredibly special bond is called fate.

🌊🌊🌊

thank you so much for stopping by :] 🌊 here is some pings! {if you comment feel free to ping others!} i'll add more but I don't wanna put everyone on the first post haha!

@thedarkarcher
@daisycat
@wonder404exe
@cherryblossomlover
@snowywinter
@idol

and of course, @Ian ! 🌊

#dragrawrscreatures

Demifluid
1,503 posts

wonder404exe • 6 February 2023 at 7:53 PM

@dragrawr
OML GDISDSU YESS IAN PLEASE MAKE TTHIS ON MY BIRTH MONTH WITH BUZZLEFIN PLEASE… THATS ALL I WISH FOR
THIS IS JUST SO COOT HDISHSKHDJWJS AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH LIL FISH FREMM

Or april my sisters birth month ahhaha

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 6 February 2023 at 7:58 PM

@dragrawr
The concept is really cool and so are the colors ❀️
I'd love the final stage to just fill in the whole creature box that'd be incredible to see :0

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 6 February 2023 at 8:16 PM

@wonder404exe HEHEHE Im so incredibly happy that you like it so much ;v; 🌊 I worked hard on this little one!! I even have written down its muscle anatomy, how is swims, its purpose for the webbed feet, etc. It was such a fun project!!

@twinkle Thank you so much! I know, I want the loopy critter to take up every pixel >:]

other pings;
@idol
@shadowfaxe
@heatherm19

Female
1,301 posts

daisycat • 6 February 2023 at 9:22 PM

@dragrawr
Sassy Sepiimora! Beautiful colors. The remora component to this design is my favorite part. πŸ’™
"often showing it interesting shaped shells or shiny man-made objects"
Cute! c:

The thought and effort you put into your work is captivating and does not go unnoticed. 😊

A small correction:
"The colorful displays on its tentacles and arms surrounding its head is studied relentlessly" ---> are studied relentlessly (since the studies are of the colorful displays -- plural -- ie: the colorful displays are studied relentlessly)

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 6 February 2023 at 9:33 PM

@daisycat whoops! I didnt spell Check myself. Tysm!!

Thank you so much for your compliment. It means so much to me ;v; I’m glad you like the description as well :] they are indeed very sassy and bold! Again thank you from the bottom of my heart 😭 🌊

More pings:
@charchill
@moonflower
@lbowe_elbow

Deleted • 6 February 2023 at 11:35 PM

@dragrawr I hope its in the cave lol I want to collect them all

Female
1,503 posts

froot • 7 February 2023 at 3:34 AM

@dragrawr this is such a cool and unique suggestion!! i've literally never seen anything like this before in my life and i love it /pos /g
really hoping it goes through!! would love to have one of these in my cove ❀️

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 7 February 2023 at 7:11 AM

@dragrawr
Wowie :0 I'd love if this got released on my birth month eeeeee
Squid shark water monster thingy πŸ˜ƒ

Male
2,327 posts

raitonchidori • 7 February 2023 at 8:21 AM

@dragrawr Very Nice!

Non-binary
213 posts

kota • 7 February 2023 at 10:04 AM

Great creature, I love the name.

Female
730 posts

lothar • 7 February 2023 at 10:08 AM

@dragrawr
Oh my I love the tentacle head it's so cool!!!

Female
923 posts

shirothekittehlover • 7 February 2023 at 10:51 AM

@dragrawr
Honestly, this critter is just, SO AMAZING AAAAAAAA
I love the dynamic between the Sepiimora and its remora friend, and I personally think it'll fit in with my Siranis too :0
Hopin' this be real one day πŸ™

Pings (sry for too many pings haha ^^"):
@Ian
@moonflower
@lothar
@snowywinter
@nightslayer300
@powgal15
@distorted
@dragonii

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 7 February 2023 at 1:40 PM

@lululoo thank you so much :>

@shadowfaxe This is such a wonderful compliment thank you so much, I aim to make my ideas relatively new and unique, so I’m always scared of making them too odd. So thank you so much !! πŸ’•πŸŒŠ

@moonflower I sure hope so !!! 🌊🌊

@raitonchidori tysm for your support !! 🌊

@kota thank you very much :] 🌊

@lothar aaa thanks Lothar !! The tentacles were hard to shape honestly

@shirothekittehlover haha thank you so much !! I throughouhly enjoyed making the description :> 🌊

More pings:
@hikanu
@pegasasu
@xxcouchxx
@murfijs

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 7 February 2023 at 1:42 PM

@dragrawr

thanks for the pingggg!!

The colors are so beautiful and I like the little remora too. It reminds me of the Astreaven but with a happy ending lol.

Hope it gets made ❀️

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 7 February 2023 at 1:52 PM

@pegasasu woah I never read that description that’s crazy! I guess it is a good ending for mine then :> that’s actually kinda rad

@stefrawr
@dragonii
@chaotictreat
@xlover

Female
1,621 posts

solaris • 7 February 2023 at 2:03 PM

@dragrawr

I love it! My favourite part is the little fish-type companion. A small friend!

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 7 February 2023 at 2:38 PM

@solaris thank you very much !! 🌊🌊

Pings:
@viltuvitrast
@quinoafuntime
@thegeek
@saturna

Female
885 posts

saturna • 7 February 2023 at 2:42 PM

I love symbiotic creatures and this one looks so cool!

Female
49 posts

cherryblossomlover • 7 February 2023 at 4:11 PM

@@dragrawr so cute!

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 7 February 2023 at 4:35 PM

cute! i love this!

1,558 posts

dragonii • 7 February 2023 at 7:11 PM

@dragrawr OOO I LOVE THIS DESIGN!!! and you did amazing with the anatomy and the description is amazing as well!

Androgynous
92 posts

xlover • 7 February 2023 at 7:19 PM

OH MY.

GOD.

Your design is absolutely adorable!! I love the tiny fish~

Female
1,921 posts

chaotictreat • 7 February 2023 at 7:52 PM

omg i love ittt
description is so good too!!!

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 8 February 2023 at 2:17 PM

@saturna thank youuu! 🌊

@cherryblossomlover tysm!!🌊

@nightslayer300 thank you! 🌊

@dragonii thank you so much my friend ! Glad you like it 🌊

@xlover hahaha thank you so much 😭🌊

@chaotictreat thanks ! I also like the description Hehdhwhd…

Pings
@ravensong
@kymeria
@sparklefox
@alraune3
@kataclysm
@strawberry876272

316 posts

ravensong • 8 February 2023 at 2:23 PM

🌊 Sure think this creature will make a splash on this site! Love the egg stage!

Female
1,645 posts

alraune3 • 8 February 2023 at 2:51 PM

@dragrawr

Thank you for the ping!😊 I have to say, I'm really impressed. You are truly an artist. I really do hope for us all that your design will be published. Oh, and by the way, blue is my favorite color and I love monsters!πŸ˜ƒ

Female
49 posts

cherryblossomlover • 8 February 2023 at 3:02 PM

np, i really love the first stage after it hatches ❀️ @dragrawr

Female
2,709 posts

jlya • 8 February 2023 at 5:42 PM

@dragrawr
OH MY GOSH ~❀️ I LOVE this design, it's so aesthetically pleasing xD The tentacle arrangement on the head is so cool. I've been playing Splatoon 3 lately so I can't help but get Splatoon vibes lol.
I would absolutely love this released in September, since it's a summer month and a blue birthstone. Plus I'd love to get one for my birthday ^^
You're so talented with your art! 🌊

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 8 February 2023 at 7:50 PM

@ravensong haha I hope so ! Thank you so much!

@cherryblossomlover hehe yes it’s so shy and cute!

@jlya aaaa thank you so much my friend !!! It does remind me of splatoon lol!!

Pings
@nanami
@lunacharm1037
@tryvegan4theanimals
@mairbear