Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 9 July 2023 at 7:55 PM

@dr_grinch Awww well if you put it that way then I would not stop you at all if you absolutely want to revive them all 😊 Unfortunately I have learned to detach from the pets that died before returning from a 10-year hiatus (my old account being @ostrichowl) cuz if I were to revive them then I'd have to spend >10k CC ☚ī¸

Female
95 posts

dr_grinch • 9 July 2023 at 7:57 PM

@twinkle oh my! See if I had that many I might not be willing to revive them all. I guess you can say I have a big heart. ❤ī¸

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 10 July 2023 at 5:52 AM

I've just come back from a three (ish) year hiatus and I told myself that I would buy five resurrection stones and then had the task of actually picking five creatures out of the many I used to have to revive. It took way longer than I though it would (; 😉 but i got there in the end lol

1,134 posts

hikanu • 10 July 2023 at 5:34 PM

I paid my parents a visit today... We went for a walk and then mom drove me home.
In total we saw 2 hares, 4 cats, and 4 deer, the most adorable fawn included, it had bambi spots and everything.

Female
2,234 posts

ashlinnhi • 12 July 2023 at 10:57 AM

@hikanu aw that sounds so lovely! would love to go on a roadtrip and pass by wildlife : ,) i love cats especially so i would be going feral every time i saw one LOL

1,134 posts

hikanu • 12 July 2023 at 5:27 PM

@ashlinnhi It was, mom was extatic, she'd never seen a wild fawn before.

I like walking around the area I grew up in, it's more rural than the place I live in now, so there's a higher chance we'll see wildlife on a walk. I've even seen a badger in the area. 😊

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 26 July 2023 at 2:34 PM

I just cleared the click exchange for the first time and it took waaaaay longer than i had expected (:

1,134 posts

hikanu • 3 August 2023 at 3:16 PM

There's entirely five times too many people in my city right now. Because this week we have five times more people than usual camping out for the local soccer cup that lasts the rest of the week. I feel like I live in an anthill. XD

Finding proper dinner shouldn't be this hard! But my backside has decided after 4 take away pizzas in the last 2 weeks, it's not in the mood for more take out food and I crave vegetables of all things, which leaves out all of the convenient options... But with people everywhere just going to the grocery store is a nightmare. Managed it with minutes to spare. At least I got vegetables.

Female
1,952 posts

chaotictreat • 3 August 2023 at 6:36 PM

vegetables !!!!!
i never thought i would miss vegetables and then i was sick after eating takeout for three days in a row and when i saw a sandwich with leaves in it the next day i was like GIMME

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 4 August 2023 at 12:32 AM

came to gripe about almost inhaling a tiny moth... went down an internet rabbit hole... discovered it might be something called a drain fly. But boy are they cute... when they're not trying to fly up my nose.

@hikanu Bolthouse Farms has been my saving grace for not having the coordination to prepare vegetables these days. And also I keep a few jars of baby food on hand. (Added pureed carrots to my bagged "alfredo" tonight >.<)
Yay for tourists : P (Neighboring City had your exact same problem about a month ago, though my brain went to a few different annual events of the City I grew up in. Had the grocery conundrum on more than one occasion. And sometimes getting to work was almost impossible for some people. What normally would be a 30 minute drive, would take 1-2.5 hours to get through just the usual 5 -10 minute bottleneck.)

1,134 posts

hikanu • 4 August 2023 at 12:03 PM

@chaotictreat I think it's our bodies telling us something. Like "screw your horrible choices, give me rabbit food!" XD

@snowywinter Hah. Yes. I asked my mom a while back: "Did you know fungus gnats buzz?" - I had one trying to fly into my ear, like, I have no idea what it wanted in there. Their frequency isn't quite as annoying as mosquitoes, though.

Yay for tourists, indeed. It keeps the businesses going and keeps the city looking its best. A few years ago when we couldn't host the cup due to the pandemic, it really put into perspective how much of a difference this week makes in terms of trimmed hedges and other maintenance on buildings and public areas. So, I will put up with it.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 4 August 2023 at 11:25 PM

@hikanu coincidentally a bee outside my window was one of the things that woke me up today >.<
mosquitos can wake me up out of a dead sleep with their pitch. (So much so I've almost never gotten bitten - but dang are they good at hiding as soon as you turn on a light.)

I won't argue that tourists are good for the economy, but dang can they be annoying >.< (That's why I don't mind the grumpy nature of the people of one of the places I like best. It's not even a secret they don't like tourists. - and I don't blame them.) On the flip side it's fun meeting people from all over ^^ I especially love our festivals that bring people from all over the globe.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 5 August 2023 at 6:56 PM

@snowywinter
I have been woken up by the buzz of bees too, earlier in the summer. It sounds funny because their buzzing is amplified by the air vents I have in every room. These vents lead outside, obviously, but if a bee flies past the vent, it just reverberates.

Oh they most certainly can be annoying. I woke up to the sound of cheering and air horns this morning. I took a break from my little corner of the city today to go on a family outing. Can't escape the tourists at the beach either, but in terms of the amount of people that congregated there, it was nothing in comparison.

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 14 August 2023 at 12:22 AM

I haven't been woken up by bees but I swear bugs keep making their way into my room. and I can't figure out why because I've checked every window for spaces and there aren't any. it's so hot too, I can't be bothered to fight the spiders in my bathroom. it's their domain now.

yesterday I spent some time with my neighbour's kid, he's about 4 and so fearless. I gave him a flower I picked because he was eyeing it but too shy to ask for one, and he proceeded to try and catch the two bumblebees buzzing around the bush with it. I couldn't have been more scared but he was so calm.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 15 August 2023 at 12:05 PM

I thought I posted here, but I guess it was just in PMs.
Long story short...
I don't care how CUTE it is... a spider in the underwear is NOT a good way to start the day.
(sure, i can laugh about it now... but I still feel that twang of panic thinking about it.)
(It turned out to be a baby(?) zebra jumping spider when i finally caught up with the mystery "guest".)

@musical_slytherclaw
It's so cute that he made the correlation between bees and the flower ^^ (even if the technique was a little off ; P )

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 15 August 2023 at 3:16 PM

@snowywinter
I can't even imagine having that happen to me, I shudder at the thought...any and all spiders freak me out, so I can't even imagine getting close to them 😭

today I visited the (formerly?) spider infested bathroom. the spiders have disappeared, at least to my knowledge. I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing, because now I have no idea where they've gone.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 15 August 2023 at 9:26 PM

@musical_slytherclaw lol. I hear ya there. In my isolation I've gotten to know my bathroom spiders really well... but i still like knowing where they are. (totally freaks me out when a roaming species comes out. Like what if it crawls up my leg while I'm trying to pee?! Some of them are fast!) When i can't see them it makes me wonder where they went. (For that very reason I don't let many spiders stay in my bedroom. I'd never sleep.)

*eye twitch* (Still yelling at them in my head in a general sense "My underwear, really?!"
"It was warm."
: / ...Well, it's better than a nostril I suppose.)

Female
2,952 posts

heatherm19 • 15 August 2023 at 9:40 PM

@snowywinter "It was warm." OMG! 😅 Man I can't imagine how freaked I'd be, but 'it was warm' just makes me laugh so much.

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 16 August 2023 at 12:20 AM

@heatherm19 lol same, I've never given much though to whether spiders are warm or cold, I don't know which option I'd hate more.

@snowywinter once I was trying to kill a spider that was on my ceiling and it fell into my bed...I slept in a different room that night. I eventually had to sleep in my own bed, but I never found it. sometimes I think of that spider and wonder what happened. did I eat it? did it lay an egg sack in my bed? the possibilities are endless.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 17 August 2023 at 4:37 PM

Home from vacation with an unfortunate taste for empanadas. Unfortunate as they're not exactly available around the area of my muggle dwelling... XD

Honestly though... I had expected Heathrow to be much more of a nightmare than it was. As soon as we'd worked out which of the 5 terminals our plane was scheduled to arrive in, everything else was smooth sailing (or flying, I suppose.)

I can't say I was surprised I got pulled aside for a thorough security check. It's not vacation unless it happens to either me or my dad and my dad wasn't there, so, yeah, only me left to get scanned and patted down + put through the swab test for all the illicit things. XD
The security lady was asking me harshly what I had in my pocket... Just garbage because as a decent human being, I can't just casually throw it willy-nilly. She might have thought me odd... Just like the poor man with the garbage bag by Tower Bridge, that my best friend hunted down with a few pieces of plastic. He was thoroughly thrown off kilter.

Next time I'm going to England, if I get a say, I am aiming to arrive at London City airport... It's the only one left I haven't experienced now that I've ticked Heathrow off the list as well. (Gatwick 10 years ago, Stansted 5 years ago and Heathrow this year.)

But I will admit I am very wasted right now and I very much missed my bed.

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 17 August 2023 at 11:17 PM

had an exam today, now I'm dead tired. don't have the energy to do anything, but bf wants to play games, so have to drag myself out of bed. ^^;

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 1 September 2023 at 7:36 PM

When I run out of shows to watch, I tend to rewatch some comfort shows. I start with Veronica Mars, then go to Code Lyoko and by then I usually find a different show from my childhood on Youtube to binge through. Total Drama usually makes an appearance at some point too. It's so surprising what you can find on Youtube. I never expected to see so many childhood shows on Youtube, I really thought they would be lost to time.

I still want to get the Code Lyoko symbol as a tattoo but I don't know how big I want it or where. I'm thinking along my spine but that's going to hurt a lot. It would be worth it though. I have thought of getting it as a huge tattoo on my back but that's a lot of black and money and it would interrupt my pokemon tattoo plans.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 6 September 2023 at 12:53 AM

Eggcave Fun Fact:

If you use a Potion of Rebirth on a frozen hatched creature, it will be rebirthed as a frozen egg. Had to take the risk to do that cuz I had initially thought that the potion won't work on frozen pets but yeah it does ❤ī¸

Female
388 posts

cryogenics • 6 September 2023 at 12:11 PM

i got a Doovoo! **does a happy dance**

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 13 September 2023 at 2:02 AM

Turns out the issues I've had recently for months may have been happening to me for years but disguised and unnoticed. Since I've been properly medicated everything has been better. Better sleep, better overall feeling, productivity is up and better mood.

Who knew some simple deficiencies would be so influencial on a person's way of being.

I do suspect that this is not a new thing, that it started when I wasn't even a teenager -there were signs of it. I'm angry that this was left for so long, completely unnoticed by my parents. There also could have been a point where it could have been found when I was 16(ish) but a blood test was deemed unneccesary at that point of time. Oh how I regret that decision now but somehow I feel that it wouldn't have changed anything.

But it is not time to dwell on the past but to a happier, medicated, future with those who care about me.

2 posts

gamingwithev6 • 13 September 2023 at 3:24 AM

@icymuffin how are you supposed to make money on here, HELP

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 16 September 2023 at 3:35 AM

@gamingwithev6

To make EC, you can feed creatures, sell things in the Auction House + User Shops, trade creatures for EC or other creatures or complete daily activities like the Trivia or daily quests.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ping me or send me a private message 😊

Female
760 posts

okami • 18 September 2023 at 3:42 PM

I'm making myself sick from irl stress and just want to vent-type somewhere. xD

I've been job searching for several months after leaving my past career that severely burned me out. The market has been b-r-u-t-a-l, but I interviewed with this company a few weeks ago, and last Thursday heard back that they wanted to hire me. But the catch was that they weren't sure if they could hire in the state I live in, so they'd be getting back to me about if they can actually go with me or not once they figure that out. I have just been anxiously staring at my phone since then, kinda spiraling... I almost wish they just hadn't told me anything until they knew for sure one way or the other. It'll be so crushing if they end up not being able to hire me because of the state I live in x(

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 21 September 2023 at 1:49 PM

Today's nearly random thought:
It would be funny if Tweeters/Twits started referring to X as Eggs. : P

(and as formerly being part of that culture... I could totally see it happening. For about 3 days.)

- - - - -

(I have one heck of a backlog to read through in this thread if my life ever calms down)

- - - -

@okami O_O I soooo feel that. I have trouble even waiting five minutes on something important. (Not an impatience thing... just my brain overthinking things, mostly all the was things can go wrong, or what my reply will be. The tingles, the rapid heart rare, the cold appendages. The possible nightmares later. None of it's fun.
hunting for work is the worst! Seriously, people act like so many jobs are out there but it's hard "putting yourself out there" 200 times when someone is a person who doesn't take rejection well.
Wishing you the best of luck!

Female
760 posts

okami • 21 September 2023 at 2:19 PM

@snowywinter
I heard back from them earlier today actually.... they can't hire in the state I live in. I am extremely crushed, to say the least. I usually try not to get my hopes up about stuff to avoid this crushed feeling, but the person I talked to at the company literally told me they didn't think that the state I lived in would be a problem, so I was pretty hopeful. Yeah, job hunting has been the worst xP I'm a pretty quiet and reserved person, which isn't good since every other job is looking for someone with an "exciting" personality. Thank you though, I have faith that something will work out eventually... just wish it'd come sooner than later lol.