Loyal user perks

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Deleted • 20 June 2011 at 6:27 PM

Any chance of these happening? Like the ones in neo.

Deleted • 20 June 2011 at 6:28 PM

@pachi89

I agree.

BTW, this is @_icarlyrocks_55 😉

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 20 June 2011 at 6:28 PM

what do you mean?

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 20 June 2011 at 6:28 PM

@pachi89 what are your ideas for Egg Cave-specific perks? obviously ours can't be the same as Neo because we are a completely different site with a completely different focus. 😊

let me know. fire away! 😃

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 20 June 2011 at 6:29 PM

Yeah, I think there should be too. Maybe we can go somehwere special? A special new Island?

Deleted • 20 June 2011 at 6:29 PM

@Ian

Probably like 'freebies?' Like 10k in EC a month? Or just a mere 50 CC a month depending how active you are?

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 20 June 2011 at 6:29 PM

Marapets has good perks, I am not saying copy those, but they are quite generous hahaha

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 20 June 2011 at 6:31 PM

@donut those are some legit ideas. 😊 thanks.
@balletninja i'll have to investigate that.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 20 June 2011 at 6:32 PM

@Ian

If we earned 50 CC a month... Uh, it could be a good idea. >.<

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 20 June 2011 at 6:32 PM

@crooton1 that is a good idea, indeed 😃

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 20 June 2011 at 6:34 PM

@Ian

I'd like to know what's in the 'Magic Shop'. 😉

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 20 June 2011 at 6:34 PM

@Ian You do that! Perhaps a venus stone, or mars stone?

Increased cave space for older members (I know everyone is getting more but older users might have more eggs they have collected)

Trophies

A mo 😃

One free alien egg pass <= That would make me happy xD

Deleted • 20 June 2011 at 6:35 PM

@Ian

More or so like getting special access to a place to get rare creatures or having increased cove sizes, having more cave attempts increased name changes, discount at the travel agency. Those are the one I've had for a while. Hope you like them. ;]Oh and a discount at tims! If we could have that it would be amazing!

Deleted • 20 June 2011 at 7:01 PM

Woot!

Ian likes my ideas! LOL yay 😸

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 1:18 AM

If these happens. I probably won't be on egg cave because I would get a heart attack!!lol:4

Female
174 posts

lilones • 21 June 2011 at 1:31 AM

@Ian maybe figure out a second way for us to collect EC some months its hard to collect enough to keep babies in tims and I've had some good eggs die when I don't use tims I've only used cc a bit but I'm sure if you sold it us that like hanging around would buy it. But please make it worth while and sheep so poll would use it and not think like it was a lot a coin. So say we could get 800k of EC cost us 2000cc

Female
377 posts

hvernon • 21 June 2011 at 10:48 AM

Yeah for like every year youhave been on you get 2 more cave trys. Kinda like what pachi89 said.

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 12:24 PM

I agree with all these ideas! Too bad I can't think of any right now...

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 21 June 2011 at 12:57 PM

I just turned 1 year on eggcave yesterday!!!!! 😃 June 20, when version 2 was released! Ima so happy! 😊

I think we should get 50cc. That means we'll only get 600cc in a year, though.

Also, a trip to an exclusive island, (Oldies Island? XD) sounds great!

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 1:08 PM

Oldie Island: A island where you can relax and get access to a special egg. Must be 1 year and up to join.😸

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 21 June 2011 at 1:11 PM

maybe there could be every two months your on eggcave ACTIVE then you will be awarded 10 CC and so on after that?

I also think there should be discounts at tims........

Female
377 posts

hvernon • 21 June 2011 at 1:15 PM

Oh how about your chances of getting an asteriod egg or a rare egg increase?

Female
494 posts

plookle • 21 June 2011 at 1:49 PM

I don't think so... egg cave is nothing like neopets and giving loyal user perks isn't going to turn it into some cheap copy. I think this is a great idea and some good ones could be a gradual percentage increase in your annual interest (yearly), exclusive creatures or an island that are only accessible after an account reaches a certain age, increased cove space, etc...

I know many of those have been said already, these are just the ones I like best.

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 21 June 2011 at 2:51 PM

@plookle

I agree. I don't want the site to become like Neo although I do love the 50 CC suggestion.

The island sounds like a good idea as well.

@mightyeglantine

I also requested we could have discounts, either for travels, Tim's or both. Or maybe even discounts for abandoning? Or would that be too much?

@Ian

Maybe there can be a special shop for rare travels and items that only old accounts can get to as well. Increased chance at getting rare eggs in the cave during holidays or getting a Mo. Something general would be nice. 😊

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 21 June 2011 at 6:57 PM

ALL:

these are some great suggestions so far. i love the ability to brain storm and throw ideas around. obviously, not all of them will be able to be put in to action. i'll have to weigh out the different suggestions and come up with something balanced and fair for everybody. 😊

keep discussing, by all means! this is good.

@avelaingia

i appreciate the concern! i assure you: egg cave will never, ever, ever be neopets. 😊 i'll make sure of it. we have no plans to become like them. here, it's about the community and the adoptables. neopets is run by an army of automated bots (have you ever tried to get a response via email? hehe!) who concern themselves with corporate politics. but at egg cave: you get to be you.

we're committed to maintaing our individuality as a web site. and i think you'll find this to be more and more true as we release brand new v2 features that are all in the works.

long live egg cave 😃

Female
348 posts

forestgem15 • 21 June 2011 at 7:10 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I personally think your ideas are all great, and that this feature should be added... but i've only been on for 5 months ☚ī¸ that means *whimper* I won't be able to do/get ANYTHING!!!!!!!

But seriously, this is an awesome idea

and yes VIVA LA EGG CAVE!!!!

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 21 June 2011 at 7:11 PM

@avelaingia no worries. you're fine. 😊

and, indeed. i've found the same thing to be true about egg cave myself. honestly, it's really humbling to be a part of such an amazing site. and although we only have around 30,000 users (still big, but isn't nearly as massive as neo), the "smaller-ness" of the site does contribute to the friendliness and openness of the community. although i am committed to site growth, i'm not exactly crazy of the idea of a MASSIVE growth spurt to, let's say, 1,000,000 users, because the community would become so incredibly large and less personable.

egg cave's community is its strength.

and ha! i love the asteroid idea. *writes down*

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 8:03 PM

@Ian Tim's Discount.

PLEASE.

I'M BEGGING YOU.

Also: RANDOM free egg, 50 or ^ CC every month for every month/year you've been on, special shop, special areas (the more months the better) trophies for all the time you've been ACTIVE on the site (not just gathering dust if you quit), early access to eggs (day 1: perk members get eggs, day2: other members can get eggs) coupons, special dailies&activities;, special creatures, backgrounds, asteroid bonuses, consecutive login bonuses, special, incredibly rare, recolored pets, time machine items (lets you get Tine even if it's 2011 already), increased cove space, ability to join special clubs, games, etc. etc. etc. I could go on for hours.

2,403 posts

evolutary • 22 June 2011 at 6:32 AM

The layout is a little bit like subeta. Btw, random question: How old is egg cave actually?

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 22 June 2011 at 11:37 AM

@evolutary check the FAQ page 😊

@crescentfeather great suggestion 😃 noted. thanks.