WHAT HAS EGGCAVE BECOME?!

in General

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 7 July 2011 at 6:34 AM

I thought i left eggcave in the good hands of my trusted friends, but even that hasnt failed to stop the outburst of so called "eggcave drama"

I dont see how an ONLINE GAME could spark such vile rivalries and competitiveness.

Really people. What is the reason for this game? To get away from life, to HAVE FUN. Emphasis on the HAVE FUN part.

Now tell me this, whats so fun about fighting over petty things? All the accusations and complaints and hackings..

Wheres the fun in that?

I was CONSIDERING comming back but I really dont want to have to deal with this while trying to get on with playing.

If Ian won't sort this out I WILL. For the sake of all that is sacred in this world of eggcave.

Only have had a few glimpses into the drama that has been occuring here.

It amuses me how such a small thing can escalate.

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 6:35 AM

bump ๐Ÿ˜‰

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 7 July 2011 at 6:35 AM

Now:
Message to hackers:
WHY DO YOU BOTHER? Eggcave is JUST A GAME! (a fun game but you get my point) Going through all this trouble? Do you have something better to do? Seriously. Sure, you'll get everything you want, but then you just kill the fun for everyone else. Some great person you are.

Message to the newbies:
Ah, newbies. Fresh, innocent, ignorant.
People take advantage of you. Don't be silly and give away passwords. Its common sense. Also, don't go round asking for free stuff.

Message to oldies (like me):
Tolerance. Yeah, the newbies can be annoying. Remember you were once a newbie and things can be tough.
Wisdom. Share your knowledge. Make good calls and judgements.
Be the bigger person, stand up for people, don't start "dramas". Don't go round complaining about people if you have some bad stuff about yourself too.

Message to everyone:
READ THE RULES OF EGGCAVE. Yeah, THERE ARE RULES.
Also, this post has been a good post for me to vent and also contains a few hundred life lessons. Yep. I'm weird, get over it.
Also. Feel free to talk behind my back and speculate and whatever. I always find out anyways ๐Ÿ˜Š

AND:
HAVE FUN.

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 6:36 AM

I agree D: This is a reason why I am leaving. Sick of disaster...

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 6:37 AM

@stellalunagirl

IthinkIloveyouROFL

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 7 July 2011 at 6:38 AM

Eggcave is a place where people are supposed to feel safe, not get slammed by drama by selfish and petty people.

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 6:39 AM

I remember back when I wasn't an oldie [Around valentines of 2010] and was giving tines away. Now, you ask someone to help you with a creature and there's a price.

Heck. I'm trying to trade my 09' Swornt for 3 [maybe 4] of the new eggs so I can give them to people. OTL It used to be about fun. Now it's about greed

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 6:40 AM

I know one of my friends quit because of this drama. โ˜น๏ธ And I will too.

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 7 July 2011 at 6:41 AM

agreed. People need to wise up and just relax. if you get so worked up about eggcave you need to really just get away from it. its not relaxing you its making you more stressed. It defeats its purpose

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 6:42 AM

I saw dove had quit. I almost fell out of my chair :[

And so many people are rude. In the suggestions, I said how people can't be on 24/7 for reasons out of their power [IE - I had ankle surgery and am just learning how to re-walk]

One girl basically told me to stop whining because if this was r.l I would have had my animals taken away

Funny thing is - She hasn't replied yet to my message XD

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 7 July 2011 at 6:45 AM

Aww, i hope you recover soon โค๏ธ

People. GROW UP. Everyone is behaving like teenagers(I am but whatever).. and NOT THE GOOD KIND. If you're gonna be mean this place doesnt want you.

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 6:45 AM

I am truly sad what eggcave became. Hopefully will stop. My sister. Better do a good job here. Or at least survive o_O

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 6:47 AM

@hope

I'll watch over her ;D

I helped my friend start up on eggcave - she now comes to me asking "Lily [On sites I'm usually called Lily - long story] is -soandsoegg- worth -soandsocreature-" And I'll tell her if it's worth it or not :]

I also help her with the newbs who keep asking for her creatures. Some people ask her to trade commons for her rares -that I gave her, rofl-. It's probably because she's still new herself.

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 7 July 2011 at 6:48 AM

Agreed. I was going t make a topic about tips for newbies, though im not sure they'd want or even care for my help so FINE XP

Female
591 posts

pudgyjr1998 • 7 July 2011 at 6:49 AM

I remember I quit a LONG time ago because of similar arguments and that was just when Eggcave started. And now when I came back and had to restart, a lot of people were quite rude. If it weren't for the really kind people, then I probably would've lost interest in Eggcave.

1,655 posts

chatial • 7 July 2011 at 6:51 AM

I just recently returned, and I haven't seen any drama. Like, whats been going on?
Sorry to be nosey Haha

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 7 July 2011 at 6:52 AM

What really annoys me, is that people talk on the forums about you BEHIND your back, ASSUMING becuase you have quit you wouldn't see, some people are just so ignorant

@chatial
Hackers, newbies against newbies, oldies against oldies, newbies agasint oldies,
people behaving immature generally.
my friend filled me in becuase I had no idea this was going on

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 6:53 AM

o_o I haven't seen any talking behind backs on forums. Though, I've had people talk about me on other's coves - Though mostly how I might be a sucker or something like that XD

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 7 July 2011 at 6:54 AM

@alyssa, i know you were talking about me in a previous hacker topic about canine, that is one of a couple instances.

Female
591 posts

pudgyjr1998 • 7 July 2011 at 6:55 AM

I totally don't understand why people would hack this site
FOR A PIXEL ๐Ÿ˜‹

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 7 July 2011 at 6:56 AM

@pudgyjr1998, agreed. If anyones gonna comment, they have to read my rant(s). And take advice from it. Or else this topic is just a waste of time.

Now, that i have gotten this out there, it seems like ive become the "mother" trying to smooth things over.. I will part with this forum till the next time drama manages to pull me back into eggcave.

PEACE!

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 6:58 AM

i guess....

Female
591 posts

pudgyjr1998 • 7 July 2011 at 7:00 AM

@stellalunagirl A lot of people on Eggcave definitely need someone like you to straighten them out. Especially the older users who've gotten a little out of control lately....

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 7 July 2011 at 7:12 AM

Yes, Eggcave was a very peaceful place. When I was a newbie, I spammed. I asked around. I thought I could get creatures I really couldn't afford. We all did, at one point. And when I joined, almost exactly a year ago, I think there were lots of old users and fewer new users. Thus, with so many old users, they were able to help me on my feet.

But now, since EC is a little wore well-known, there are some problems: Too many newbies. Not as many oldies as before. With so many newbies running riots here, us oldies try to help, and once the drama calms, MORE newbies join. And around 20%, I'd say, of Eggcave users join here just to hack people.

In the past, say, two months, tons of people were banned, tons of people starting arguments. 60% of time, I think it's the newbies. Not completely blaming the newbies, since the oldies need to be responsible as well.

I myself have been caught in the drama. I sent a ticket to Ian himself, informing him that all this drama takes place. What other way to calm the drama then to inform the owner of EC?

Sometimes, though, I do admit that when oldies snap at newbies, it can be better. When I was new, I went around asking people to click my pet, by just telling them to "CLICK!!" and I always advertised my trades. But by the time a user threatened to report me, I stopped dead cold. Never advertised another trade or creature. Ever again.

So really, I don't like this drama either, but I think it really goes both ways...

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 7:14 AM

but we cant stop people joining๐Ÿ˜‹

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 7:25 AM

@alyssa -

No, we can't stop them. But as oldies and regulars of eggcave we CAN take it into our hands to kinda be big siblings to newbs. Helping them cope to how eggcave works, etiquette of eggcave- if you will.

Instead of snapping at newbs [We all have. I admit, I have snapped at a newb who kept trying to trade common eggs for my rares and told me to accept the offer rudely.] We take matter into our own hands.

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 7 July 2011 at 7:31 AM

Yes, we need to be responsible too. But my point is: Lots of oldies are quitting, so there are more newbies than oldies. Why else would there be so much drama? Why else are us oldies so snappy with them sometimes? Because we've all lost our patience. Do you agree? We're always complaining that there's so much drama and everyone quits. Everyone quits BECAUSE off the drama. And when an oldie quits, more drama stakes out.

All I'm saying is, we need a way to teach all of the newbies how to trade and have conversations on EC as well as relieving the oldies from a bit of the trouble as well.

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 7:34 AM

That's why I made this thread :'D

http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/2321

If we oldies don't try and get a hold of the drama and stop it in the butt - it will spiral out of control. Because leaving it as it is, is not doing so good.

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 8:06 AM

i'm not an oldie. i'm hardly 4 weeks old.

but i've tried my best to help EC users. I have been supporting EC buy buying a lot of CC, and then offering that CC to people for freezes or buying them csp creatures.
i have a 'freeze ray', its out of batteries for now, but it will have a new shipment end of month. then i help some more people.

i also have a contest where i offer 2 of my csp creatures.

and i enjoy doing it. it is really lots of fun planning and clicking and freezing creatures.

and then i get some people who mail me, complaining about freezes, or feeds not getting counted, or this one is hacking or that one shouldnt get counted.

it irritates me that a few people can be so 'small' - and i use the term very loosely.

why must people throw tantrums to get noticed?

anyways.... just wanted to share my 2 cents.

Deleted • 7 July 2011 at 8:11 AM

@plalen

That I do not know :[

You, I don't consider you a noob. You're a newb because you're new [Newb - Newbie - New] Noob is basically a spoiled brat in the site that throws tantrums.

I know a few oldies who I consider "noobs"

And that's good of you. I'm trying to trade my 09' swornt for 3 or 4 of the new cave eggs, so I can trade them to people who don't have them. But, people are greedy. Some offered me ONE elge for my swornt and asked for another LE.

It's sad OTL

Would you like to join the ECBSC? As a big sibling.