Deleted • 25 July 2011 at 4:39 AM

I've seen Gacha in several games now, and I thought 'why not Egg Cave'? There could be a special 'Gacha' page, where people can buy coupons or tokens to submit, and then they can submit them and get a random creature. This creature could be common or junk, and there can be an option to purchase these coupons or tokens with CC, where there is increased chance of getting a rare creature. However, there is no guarantee what you get, so then populations can not rise very quickly, and in order to regulate populations, the Gacha could only be open on certain days, such as on Saturday for around 10 hours, before closing. When a user receives a creature from the Gacha, it could be labelled that the creature was from Gacha. If the user gets only a common egg, maybe it could be a definite STAR creature?
There may also be a possibility of getting Cash Park items, such as freezing potions and gender stones. However, it would be near-impossible to get one, so the chances should be slim, like maybe 1/ 10,000,000 or similar to the asteroid? Cash Park creatures are only obtainable with the CC Gacha, so then it won't be very unfair, but the chances are still low, so not to cause any tension?
Maybe?
@dionaea 's awesome suggestion
...'I don't think the CC coupons should have a larger chance of rares, since you're both paying for it in a way, maybe make it like 50 CC vs 10000 EC and keep the odds the same? ' and she also suggested that we have different markings, in another place, like stars. ๐Ÿ˜ธ

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 25 July 2011 at 4:42 AM

Gacha is on another game I play, and it's fun.

Deleted • 25 July 2011 at 5:16 AM

@taffy789
It's on MapleStory! XD Do you reckon it'll be good for Egg Cave?

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 25 July 2011 at 5:16 AM

Mabey... :/

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 July 2011 at 5:26 AM

I like this, it's a lot like a lottery, though I don't think the CC coupons should have a larger chance of rares, since you're both paying for it in a way, maybe make it like 50 CC vs 10000 EC and keep the odds the same?

I like the idea of marking the creatures, but they should have a different marking than the star creatures to distinguish them, that way there's another something to collect ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Maybe also a marking in a different place, so a creature can be both gacha and star.

But overall I really like the idea, I just hope that there will be an EC option too... Everything is CC these days :/

Deleted • 25 July 2011 at 5:31 AM

@dionaea
Ok! Would you mind if I copied that onto the first post? ๐Ÿ˜ธ

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 July 2011 at 5:32 AM

Ofcourse not ๐Ÿ˜ธ

Deleted • 25 July 2011 at 5:49 PM

it's on www.tinierme.com

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 25 July 2011 at 5:57 PM

But if you do both a EC and CC option on the Gacha it would become, in a way, a EC to CC converter.

At least, I think so. Correct me if I'm wrong... ><"

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 25 July 2011 at 6:55 PM

Maybe CC creatures are less chance with EC? @icymuffin

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 25 July 2011 at 6:55 PM

Maybe... ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
4,377 posts

carnatate • 25 July 2011 at 6:56 PM

Yes I agree with dionea since I can't get get CC ๐Ÿ˜Š

2 posts

neomicaoru • 25 July 2011 at 7:15 PM

hi im new.... be my friend someone?? lol

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 26 July 2011 at 9:20 AM

-1 well i think that when a creature is retired it should STAY retired, or else there will be no fun in getting the retired creature you want and wen you do get it its not as exciting as getting it without any tricks.

Deleted • 28 July 2011 at 5:42 AM

@candy_girl_1298
I know, but it isn't right when newbies are deprived of their wanted creatures... and also, it's a perk for good feeders, like Callas are, too. They ain't gonna be cheap...

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 28 July 2011 at 5:53 AM

@candy_girl_1298 & @icymuffin

I think neither is a real issue in this case. This is mainly because the creature you'd receive is COMPLETELY random, there may be a chance of getting a rare or retired creature, but you never know which one in advance. This means it won't replace buying CC if there are CC creatures in the prizes, and it won't reduce the rarity so much, because the number of pets of the extremely rares will only increase slowly and be unrelated to the demand for them.

@pendmxc
I think this would be nice for newbies too, since there would be a chance to get rares at all times if you're busy enough on the site, instead of having to wait until something new is released so you can trade.
Maybe there should be something included where the most recently released rares have a higher chance of being found than other eggs of the same kind (both CC & cave).

Deleted • 28 July 2011 at 5:59 AM

@dionaea
Agreed! But I don't have room to put it in the main topic! XD

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 28 July 2011 at 6:33 AM

@pendmxc @dionaea i still dont think that there should be even a one in a billion change of getting a retired creature if its retired, no matter what:/ thats the whole point of being "retired" :/

@redfire77
@peppermintcowboy
@joy
@smilies
@thursdays_dove

just pinging some older users and asking their opinion becuase everyone here seems..well... kind of new๐Ÿ˜Š and being able to get retired creatures seems unfair to the oldies:/

Deleted • 28 July 2011 at 6:37 AM

@candy_girl_1298
Such ideas are always met with controversy, and I appreciate a variety of opinions! ๐Ÿ˜Š I still think, however, that it is unfair to newbies who want older creatures whilst some oldies hoard them and are such tight! :/ I wouldn't count Dio, as kind of new...
I've feasted on a lot of quitting people, and as much as it feels nice to take care of creatures, it ain't fair to me. No achievement, that's what I mean. Take my Luvlei, for example. I feel no achievement and it makes me feel bad โ˜น๏ธ No, the user has not quit, but maybe... just maybe...There's lingering guilt from taking Buckie and Nike off somebody's hands... :/ Try not to judge us as n00bs. Just advice. I used to play this game, and see @pendmx. Guess what. I could have gotten a Florn and a Foo and a Tine... and everything. I'll be someone's big sibling, instead of vice versa. Doesn't that just hurt myself? โ˜น๏ธ

3,562 posts

cafe • 28 July 2011 at 6:43 AM

I'm an oldie and I like this idea o.o

@victoria_the_wolf was my old main

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 28 July 2011 at 6:44 AM

@candy_girl_1298

I'm older than you on here and I can remember a time when users were a lot more tolerant than they are now (heck, we used to give away x-mas creatures and tines).

It's not like its the end of the world if a Doovoo is given out by a Gacha machine, there will be at least 100 people wanting it. And mark my words, retired creatures won't stay retired, at some point they will be released again, like happened with the Balrog (oh, wait you weren't around for that). I'd prefer something like this to them ending up in the cash shop.

887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 28 July 2011 at 6:45 AM

The longer I'm here, and the more I collect, the more I realize that *any* bringing back of retired creatures is a bad idea. I used to think otherwise, but not any more.

And I love many newbies that arrive on Egg Cave, but I don't have much sympathy regarding this. I mean, everyone here started off with common cave eggs... and then grew from there. I don't think recent (and future) newbies should be cut any slack. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Maybe this Gacha/coupon thing could work with Limited Edition eggs while they are still in the cave? Like, a few days ago, someone could have used their coupons/tokens/whatever to get a Flaren or Roasen. It'd be a way for newbies to bulk up their coves without actually getting a retired creature, perhaps? ๐Ÿ˜Š

3,562 posts

cafe • 28 July 2011 at 6:47 AM

@candy_girl_1298

It's wrong to base something off of someones account age..

And I gave you more of an opportunity than a lot of oldies get.

The florn I traded to you? I could have gotten much more for it than a vulgrun since it was frozen in it's second stage - but I felt lenient with you, and every newbie should get some leniency.

@peppermintcowboy [Sp?]

That I like.

I like both, but that's good too ๐Ÿ˜ธ

887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 28 July 2011 at 6:48 AM

@dionaea - How do you know that? Ian himself said that there are no plans to re-release any retired creatures. So I don't know what gives you the idea otherwise...

3,562 posts

cafe • 28 July 2011 at 6:51 AM

@peppermintcowboy

Side note, totally irrelevant -

Do you want the balrog you traded me's name back? It's so pretty, I thought you may wish to keep it XD

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 28 July 2011 at 6:52 AM

@cafe

You traded a florn for a Valgrun O.O That's extremely lenient XD

@peppermintcowboy

Ian gave the Balrogipuwet as a prize for the halloween plot in 2009 and then rereleased it without any award for the people who did the plot, we got no trophy, no banner, nothing, not even an apology. So no offence to Ian, but I think you should definitely think twice before believing he will never release them again in any form

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 28 July 2011 at 6:53 AM

@cafe i didnt mean to hurt someone, i only mentioned that because someone said that it was impossible for newbies to get the old le's. and yes i agree we should be nicer to new eggcavers because its hard at first- i traded away my tine for a hallowolf, to someone who wanted it more than me.

and @dionaea not every le is going to be released again, so far it has only happened for three.
and it does say in the archives and on blog posts that these les/cc eggs will never be released again. although i will admit even i thought it was dumb when the ghosty and balrog got re-released, even though i didnt have any.

@pendmxc i never said the only way for new eggcavers to get old eggs was from quitters. -_-

@ian @ian

lets see what ian has to say on this topic?

3,562 posts

cafe • 28 July 2011 at 6:58 AM

@dionaea

//Pokes Perenelle//

Used to be mine ๐Ÿ˜ธ

Yup. Frozen too.

And, for the vulgrun I got two callas and 3 Flunnies.

Because I felt lenient XD

Some people say what I ask for is a lot [Like 5 flunnies for a halldrag, or 1 mo and 1 star flaren] But I have my moments XD

@candy_girl_1298

It's fine xD Just, don't base people's knowledge on age~

But the tine - I would not do XD

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 28 July 2011 at 7:01 AM

@cafe i always , and have always thought that your trades were more fair to the other person๐Ÿ˜Š like your halldrag trade? if i had a star flaren i would have offered๐Ÿ˜Š

and yeah, i wont do that anymore, again i only said that because @pendmxc said, and i quote, "but it isn't right when newbies are deprived of their wanted creatures" .

2,403 posts

evolutary • 28 July 2011 at 7:04 AM

I guess this is a good idea, but I don't really mind about re-releasing LEs and all those CC eggs. I'm not much of those people who really want rare creatures, like florn, roo, tine, doovoo, macbot, onny etc๐Ÿ˜Š

*coughwhichiswhyIamsobadattradingcough*

Also, I don't trade away any of my creatures which have been given to me by someone else xD