Female
42 posts

fyrekytten • 15 February 2014 at 10:02 PM

thanks @novrain62 I did just that

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 18 February 2014 at 1:06 AM

Good Morning Moms and Dad!! ❤️

How is everyone? I hope you have a great day and to make sure of it, I'm passing out Chocolate Caramel Truffles. Yes, a whole tray of them I made for everyone.

@novrain62, congratulations to you on the news of a grandbaby girl on its way soon. May she be spoiled and loved very much. What a blessing! I'm so happy for you. 😸

Congratulations to you, @kampos!! May you continue to be happy and blessed.

Welcome to this awesome group @eggo @rashka @rainbow-raven @petrova @fyrekytten.

You are among great company and hope you are settling in with us here.

I'm a mother of three grown daughters, a black and white cat and one grown partner who acts like a big kid. Hehehe

Work from home doing graphic design and write poetry also for a living. Disabled and love to play games and be with friends online. My virtual pets are like extended family also. I have other hobbies and volunteer for charities as I can. Well, that is it about me. Hope to get to know you all soon. 😊

Here is a recipe I came across and hope it is something you all will try out and let us compare baking experiences.

Cherry Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cake

Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Servings: 12

Ingredients

CAKE INGREDIENTS
1 16.25-ounce box white cake mix
3eggs
1 21-ounce can LUCKY LEAF® Regular or Premium Cherry Pie Filling
1 cup mini chocolate chips

OPTIONAL ICING
2 Tablespoons warm water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 2/3 cups powdered sugar

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Combine all cake ingredients together using a spoon or spatula.
Pour evenly into a greased bundt pan or 9x13-inch cake pan.
Bake 35-45 minutes in a bundt pan; 30-35 minutes in a 9x13-inch cake pan.
Cake should be golden brown.
A toothpick inserted in center will come out clean.

Optional Icing:
Combine first 4 ingredients together.
Add powdered sugar and mix well with an electric mixer until desired consistency is achieved.
Drizzle icing over cake and serve with additional LUCKY LEAF Cherry Pie Filling if desired.

Have a great Tuesday and hugs! ❤️

Female
15 posts

petrova • 19 February 2014 at 5:17 AM

Thank you deary 😊 @byfelisa

Female
148 posts

ugena • 19 February 2014 at 10:41 PM

@novrain62 - I'd like to be a member of this guild, can I?

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 19 February 2014 at 10:43 PM

@ugena - sure 😊 I will add you to the members list and ask you to make a MLEC2 feed tab for us all to feed, with up to 20 creatures in it. When you make your rounds, say hello to other members 😊

THANK YOU for joining us! Welcome ❤️

97 posts

mighty-lair • 19 February 2014 at 10:57 PM

Welcome all new members!

If you feel like you received a lot of chocolates from me I had hundreds to give away and hit the club list and the click exchange feeders and I am now down to 12 boxes.

Time for a beer and Crab Cakes.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 19 February 2014 at 10:59 PM

@mighty-lair - thank you so much for the chocolates!! wow!!
Crab Cakes sound great!!! Did you move to the beach?

207 posts

clawstra • 19 February 2014 at 11:14 PM

@novrain62 @ugena @mighty-lair

does anyone need more chocolate? I have 12 left but don't want anyone sending me anymore. I'm burnt out on feeding.

97 posts

mighty-lair • 19 February 2014 at 11:23 PM

@novrain62 - you are welcome ❤️

Next move will be to the Coast but for now I am in a great neighborhood and a large one bedroom. Taptap has room to run around and so do I.

I look out my front window with my morning coffee and see Heavenly Ski Run (I loved skiing that mountain) and at the foot just across the street is a golf course.

It's nice to be away from the crazy folk and to not even realize I have neighbors. I am unclenching 😊

As soon as we get everything where we want it we will most likely be moving again. But waiting several more months in a bad area was NOT an option. Even more so as I relax, I am aware of how it was wearing my health down. A couple of surgeries might be avoided now that I can start doing my Kata (Karate moves for each belt). It's very meditative for me.

Oh and Taptap is now willing to wear her harness- walks around the area coming soon. Without me needing band-aides would be nice.

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 20 February 2014 at 12:42 AM

Good Day All you Moms and Dad!!

May you have an exciting and terrific Thursday. 😸

@novrain62
Wishing you a superb day and hope it is full of nice things all day long. ❤️

Welcome @ugena! It is so great to see you join us and know you will find yourself among delightful folks.

Thank you and you are most welcome @petrova.
I'm glad you liked the recipe.

--- Recipe of the Day ---

Hazelnut Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies

Makes about 2 dozen
(24 for the Passover version, 26 for the flour version)

Ingredients:

1 almost-full cup (4 ounces) hazelnuts, toasted, skinned and cooled

2/3 cup sugar

2/3 cup matzo cake meal or 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly

1 large egg, lightly beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Chocolate (I used chocolate baking discs or “wafers”; 2 or 3 chocolate chips would also work)

Preparation:

Pulse hazelnuts, sugar, matzo cake meal or flour, and salt in a food processor until finely ground.
(Be careful not to grind to a paste.)

Transfer to a bowl and stir in butter, egg, and extract until combined well. Chill dough, covered, until firm, about 30 minutes.

Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.

Drop level tablespoons of dough 1 inch apart onto 2 ungreased baking sheets (though I lined mine with parchment paper, for an easier lazier clean-up).

Roll dough into balls, then chill until slightly firm, about 10 minutes.

Press one piece of chocolate firmly into the top of each ball of cookie dough and bake, 1 sheet at a time, until tops are pale golden and undersides are golden, 10 to 12 minutes.

Be careful not to overbake. Transfer cookies to a rack and cool completely.

To fill with jam instead:
After balls of cookie dough have been chilled for an additional 10 minutes, make a 1/2-inch-wide (1/3-inch-deep) indentation in center of each ball using your thumb, index finger, or the rounded end of a wooden spoon.
Fill each indentation with 1/4 teaspoon jam.

Almond variation:
The hazelnuts can also be swapped with 3/4 cup sliced almonds.

Do ahead:
Cookies keep in an airtight container at room temperature 3 days.

Female
42 posts

fyrekytten • 20 February 2014 at 8:34 PM

i just need 2 chocolates please if anyone can hand me some

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 20 February 2014 at 10:18 PM

@fyrekytten - I am out of chocolates or I'd gladly send.
@byfelisa - YUMMO!!!
@mighty-lair - i'm glad you are in a better place where you can relax and breathe easier. that's always a good thing!! good luck with the kata!!

This whole Valentine experience was crazy, but I had fun. Thank you gals & guy for the chocolates ❤️

@birggitt - thank you 😊 I will stick with the male, however 😊

Female
42 posts

fyrekytten • 21 February 2014 at 7:21 AM

its ok @novrain62, i am down just 1 for one background, hope to get it before the event closes for good. 😋

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 23 February 2014 at 12:23 AM

@bliss, @clawstra, @mighty-lair

Everyone 😊

I am busy this weekend, but wanted to pop in and let you know that I shall make up feedings, probably on Monday.

My sister is in the hospital, still doing tests - blood clots most likely, but not 100% - resting comfortably - a few more days in the hospital. Thank you for the well wishes!!!

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 1 March 2014 at 1:29 PM

@novrain62 I'm sorry for panic but that last moth we lived in a gunpowder box and now it's going to explode. My country is two steps from war. I don't know what happen with us tomorrow but if I disappear (I'll switch on my last seen option) for more then 1 day please save my creatures and sides. I don't ask to feed sides now but I ask it in case of emergency ( we could be cut off internet for two monthes) that could happen. I hope everything will be ok but if not I don't want to loose my coves that way.Sorry for asking.
@birgitt Thanks for regular feeding❤️ I appreciate this.

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 1 March 2014 at 1:35 PM

@kiryko

I'm terribly sorry about what's going on in your country. and I have been really worried about you.
I sincerely hope things will get better, I'll be feeding your coves as frequently as possible, and thinking of you

Best wishes

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 1 March 2014 at 1:41 PM

@birgitt Thank you again❤️

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 1 March 2014 at 2:22 PM

@kiryko - I see that Russian forces are set to go in. I am sorry that you have to go through this unstable set of circumstance that has claimed lives and probably more, if government doesn't wise up. Please be safe and I will keep you in prayers as I am sure the rest of us will!! War sucks, though at times it is truly necessary. Never is it good for innocent citizens who are just trying to get through life on a daily bases, just trying to survive.

I do my best to feed daily, but in all honesty it's hard to do. Life is busy and always changing it seems, these days. I am looking for a 2nd job, which means I will rarely be on. I have to do what I have to do, just like the rest of us do. I am not old enough, nor have wealth to simply retire and play Egg Cave 😱
I could live on the beach and feed eggs; for sure!!!

Peace & Light

22 posts

darkdragon • 1 March 2014 at 2:23 PM

@kiryko

I will watch your last seen update and feed your coves should anything happen. There has been no real coverage about things as all eyes and news was on the Olympics and Ukraine. But I get internet news and read about the horrible things happening. I did not know you lived there.
Be as safe as possible and I'll be thinking of you.

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 1 March 2014 at 2:33 PM

@novrain62 I'm not asking for everyday feed. I understand you thank you for the warm words❤️
@darkdragon Thank you ❤️What happen here is like huge provocation.It looks like theater of absurd. People died and became worse.Someone's just playing people lifes like chess and we are pawns.It's awfull feeling.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 1 March 2014 at 2:57 PM

@kiryko - unfortunately, this behavior is becoming the norm across most of this planet. at least it seems that way. all you can do is protect yourself and family ... and stay hunkered down when necessary. we are here to take care of your creatures - you just take care of you and yours ❤️

Female
52 posts

kampos • 4 March 2014 at 11:25 AM

@icedragon3000
Congrats on winning both raffles at eggcavern.net!

97 posts

mighty-lair • 6 March 2014 at 4:41 AM

@novrain62 The weather sure as heck didn't help this year. My good friend is going to loose her job of 21 years because of no snow at Heavenly Ski. The shop is not renewing their lease.

You East Coast people could borrow our snow not keep it. Give it back already 😋
Good luck with job opportunities to us all and have a safe travel.
❤️

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 8 March 2014 at 3:46 AM

Today is International women day in Ukraine and I'm going to give a flower names to each of you. While feeding I'll set a lot for you. If you're in hiatus flower will wait for you.

Female
8 posts

rainbow-raven • 9 March 2014 at 10:46 PM

I want to thank everyone who has been feeding my creatures i am dealing with a major ear and tooth infection that is why i havent been on. i am feeling a little better so i am feeding them today but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 23 March 2014 at 12:37 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO @kampos !!!!!

@clawstra @meme (the Dad of the group)
@eschla @birggitt
@lizymarie @mighty-lair
@mrsgiggles @laitha
@icedragon3000 @yileen
@rinoa812 @bliss
@kiryko @kampos (husband @eggo)
@rashka @rainbow-raven
@petrova @fyrekytten

Female
52 posts

kampos • 27 March 2014 at 8:12 AM

@novrain62 Thank you!

So, how is everyone doing this morning/night/afternoon? 😋

97 posts

mighty-lair • 29 March 2014 at 11:52 AM

@novrain62
@kampos Happy Birthday and I hope you had a memorable and special day!

I will be checking into the hospital for a few days. Just routine for M.S. patients. The flu I had wore me down which tends to exacerbate my particular M.S. symptoms so off I go to get some infusions. Seriously, not a big deal.

I wonder if I can connect my laptop to the hospital T.V.? I'm bringing my cables.... and my mini guitar with the mini VOX amp with head phones. I'll bring my music theory binders as well... Three days of clothes AT LEAST in case I can walk about the complex and/or grounds...

O.O

What? Like you don't overpack.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 29 March 2014 at 11:56 AM

LoL Well I don't over pack for the hospital haha but now a days I guess you can @mighty-lair 😱

Good Luck and have a quick recovery!! I'd have to have my cell phone & Kindle!!!

97 posts

mighty-lair • 29 March 2014 at 12:11 PM

@novrain62
Cell phone- check
iPad - check
Portable Drive - check Never know what I might need
Camera - The flowering trees are spectacular right now

Oh look what you did. lol (Totally serious)

I started an account at colourlovers and wow is point and click coloring fun and therapeutic.