Mothers Love Egg Cave Too!!

in General

Female
659 posts

eschla • 30 November 2013 at 6:05 PM

@novrain62
Okay will add bliss on my list... and is unknownangels complete moving here or a long hiatius? I like to babysit some creatures if needed....

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 1 December 2013 at 8:49 AM

@eschla - unknownangels on a very long hiatus most likely.

97 posts

mighty-lair • 1 December 2013 at 6:46 PM

@novrain62 Happy Belated Birthday ❤️ I missed several days on egg cave having reckless, unabashed fun!
I almost wrote, "Roast Beast", haha.
You're one tough cookie to shop for. Do you want a new monthly?

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 2 December 2013 at 3:10 PM

@mighty-lair - thank you for the birthday wishes. no gifts are required, but the thought is super appreciated. If you insist in over-ruling me, you pick, for even at this age, I still like surprises lol

Roasted Beast is da bomb hahaha

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 7 December 2013 at 2:07 PM

Afternoon to all you Moms and Dad! ❤️

@novrain62
HAPPY BE-LATED BIRTHDAY!!!
I'm sorry for not being around at that time, but hope you had an awesome and very special day. 😃
Anything you are wishing for still? I'll be messaging you about a present soon.

Tomorrow I will be active I promise.
Currently recuperating from 6 injections which will last for 10 to 12 months for my back so I can feel and move around much better again. I'm so happy it is working and one of the reasons I was willing to return knowing I would have far less time away from EC. 😊

How is everyone doing?
Thank you so much to everyone who has been such a darling and helped with my cove each day.
I'm so very grateful. I plan on doing something special this new year for you all and hope it is a great winter season for each of you. ❤️

Passing around a big chocolate chip cookie with M & M's sprinkled in the middle and a glass of Almond Milk. Enjoy! Yum Yum

P. S. I love birds and though on a few occasions have had Turkey I usually make a big roasting chicken or we have fish for Thanksgiving.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 7 December 2013 at 10:52 PM

@byfelisa - fish for thanksgiving, that is different and delicious! guess we grew up with oysters for thanksgiving dinner along with the turkey lol

Thankyou for the belated birthday wishes!! i just got back from work, tired and it's late. Will continue this conversation on a later date.

I am glad you are feeling Much better!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the Cookie!!!!

Let's all keep @mistishackleton in our prayers

97 posts

mighty-lair • 12 December 2013 at 12:24 PM

@novrain62

Hi all *waves*. Been having trouble with internet. Making this a fast post before it goes out again.

Will try to get some feeds in before it goes paft. Service provider needs to get me a new box and is being a bleep about it.

Going to try a work around today/tonight. Bwa Hahaha

Happy Holidays Everyone 😉

Female
659 posts

eschla • 14 December 2013 at 6:26 PM

Hi all,

At the moment I can't feed the lists.
Last sunday evening they brought me with heart troubles to the hospital and have to stay there 2 days at IC.
Home after that, but so tired and feeling unconfortable.
Every day short online, but my creatures are at Tims 2 days a week.
So sorry all, but will be back soon again....

Have a nice sunday...

Love eschla

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 15 December 2013 at 8:39 AM

@eschla - be well very soon!! ❤️
@mighty-lair - some companies just don't have it!
glad you are here though; both of you above!

@clawstra - got all those cheesecakes made for Gifts? LoL
Does Santa and the Reindeer get some too?

You must have this recipe!!
http://www.bakedbyrachel.com/2011/12/white-chocolate-peppermint-bark-cheesecake-and-a-giveaway/

What's on the Christmas agenda this year?

Travel to the beach, the mountains?
Skiing, snowmobiling?
Skating upon a frozen lake?
Sitting by the fire drinking egg nog?
Vegging out with veggies watching Lifetime movies?
Staying under the covers feeding creatures on Egg Cave?
Family feud 'round the holiday table?
Grandkids running through the house?

Merry Christmas

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 15 December 2013 at 9:07 AM

@eschla
So sorry to hear that. Hope you'll be alright soon, be sue I'll keep you in my thoughts *big hugs*

@novrain62
*laughs* None of them! We're over 30ºC every day around here, no family feud, as only will be my son, my daughter-in-law and myself, and, luckily, we're really tight. And no, sadly no grandkids around ☹️

We're gonna have a cold dinner, as here all the fuss is around Christmas Eve dinner. We're having this; http://www.decocinayrecetas.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/torre2.jpg
This (Vithel Tonnet): http://www.sitiosargentina.com.ar/imagenes-2010/vitel.jpg
And this (With lots of salads): http://www.delugaresysabores.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/0000209_418.jpeg
And, as desert: http://www.fotos.mundorecetas.net/albums/userpics/10029/IMG_0248-1.JPG

We all will be cooking, each one going for their specialities *g*

Which are your plans?

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 15 December 2013 at 9:32 AM

@birggitt - the first one looks like lasagna (sort of)? I would love it except for the olives. I don't like those 😋 I think you would like Stromboli!!

http://trialx.com/i/2012/06/22/learn-to-cook-stromboli/
(one of my favorites)

The dessert looks very delicious!! Ice cream in the center?
You are blessed to have your son and wife close by!!

My plans are to go to my father's house for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. Christmas Eve will be church services with his 96 year old father, then visiting aunts. Christmas Day will be share with my sister and her family (at dads) and their grandkids and such. My sister has 7 children and is raising a toddler (maybe an adoption soon). One still at home, two in college and the rest out on their own doing their thing. We will eat Ham and Turkey with all the fixings, open gifts then play games such as Pool, Darts, Video games; probably play the keyboard and sing ... just goof off LoL.

I do not get to see my son this holiday season; next Christmas I will have a grandbaby to celebrate with!! ❤️

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 15 December 2013 at 9:52 AM

@novrain62
OMG! That Strombli looks delicious! We have something similar here, but we call it Calzonne 😊

The first one is actually a pancake tower. Slim pancakes, smeared with mayonnaise, and between each you put different fillinfs: sliced tomatoes, ham, lettuce, hard boiled eggs and, you can let the olives out, no problem *laughs*

AH, looks like a very familiar holiday 😃 My parents, brothers, sisters-in-law, nieces and nephews, all live 1.600 km away from here. I'll be there to spend New Year with them, but Christmas is always the three of us. And yes, I am very lucky indeed 😃

But a ❤️ grandbaby ❤️ coming, that the best Christmas present... EVER! \o/

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 15 December 2013 at 11:46 AM

@birggitt - the best Christmas gift EVER for sure!! ❤️

OH thin pancakes, wow. Okay! That is an interesting concept. Almost like those Swedish Sandwich Cakes with a twist.

http://gormandizewithus.blogspot.com/2012/08/vegan-smorgastarta-swedish-sandwich-cake.html

Using bread as layers and filling the layers with whatever you want, then decorating like a cake with fruit, veggies, etc.

I will have to try the pancake tower 😊

ps. Stromboli is very similar to calzones, yes 😊
Only stromboli is long and slender and the calzones that I know are 1/2 moon shaped. both very good!!

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 15 December 2013 at 12:00 PM

@novrain62
Well, that Swedish Cake recipe went into my Recipes-To-Do tab, looks soooooooooo tasty! And ideal for Summer, too.

You should, it's easy, and fresh, and very, very yummy 😋

Yes, that's the shape we gave them here too, like our 'empanadas'

http://www.empanadascriollas.argentinamate.com.ar/empanadas.jpg

I try to find a recipe in English to no avail, so here is one Google-translated 😋
http://translate.google.com.ar/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.argentinavuelve.com.ar/gastronomia_argentina_empanadas.htm&prev;=/search?q=empanadas+criollas+argentinas+receta&espv=210&es_sm=93

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 15 December 2013 at 12:11 PM

Empanadas are like "Hot Pockets" here. Or mountain pies that are made over an open camp fire in iron sandwich cookers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mountain+pie+maker&espv=210&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=lOKtUqb8NPSrsASX_YCIBA&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=680

I love them filled with fruit & pizza makings haha
Especially peach ❤️

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 15 December 2013 at 12:36 PM

@novrain62

Oh, I have on of those! But mine is one of the smaller ones.
We love hot sandwiches around here, and more than once they become the only dinner. Particularly in weekends, when you get up later, and therefore, all foods are... kind of pushed later 😋

Ah, pizza makings would go with anything. At least, in my humble opinion XD

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 18 December 2013 at 4:39 PM

@birggitt - pizza is sooo yum~ I could eat it 24/7 but I refrain.
Weekends I would rather go out to eat for sure. I am not much into cooking since I cook for a living, but that doesn't mean I don't like to. It's not the same to cook for yourself.

I can't believe only 7 days until christmas

Female
344 posts

yileen • 23 December 2013 at 3:23 PM

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 28 December 2013 at 11:01 AM

I TRUST ALL HAD A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and will enjoy a very FRUITFUL New Year!!!!

God Bless You & Yours ❤️

Ps. What is your New Year's Day meal?

Pork & Sauerkraut here

Female
344 posts

yileen • 5 January 2014 at 10:16 AM

Happy new year all ❤️
Sorry for being so quiet in here.
Facing some big financial problems at home.
But only 3 out of 6 months left and then i'll get my loans on time again... 😊

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 5 January 2014 at 10:20 AM

I hear ya on that!! Hard times for many folks!!
It is usually quiet in there @yileen but hey, it's here whenever!!

Thank you for posting & Happy New Year!!

Member List:

@clawstra @meme
@eschla @birggitt
@lizymarie @mighty-lair
@mrsgiggles @laitha
@icedragon3000 @yileen
@rinoa812 @bliss
@kiryko @kampos

Inactive/On Hiatus #MLEC2 Members:
@unknownangels @aloriality @sacredscars
@mistishackleton @byfelisa

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 12 January 2014 at 1:34 PM

@novrain62 Hello I'm young and unexperienced mom of 5 month old baby.I really want to join this club to have somebody to talk with. May I?

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 12 January 2014 at 5:59 PM

@kiryko - welcome to the #MLEC2 group. We don't do alot of talking here, but we are here if you need us, just PING a wake up to 3 of us LOL

All I ask is that you make an MLEC2 Feed tab with 20 or less creatures and feed other group members when you can; they will feed back when they can.

Congratulations on a new baby; boy or girl? awwwwww

@icedragon3000
@yileen

Female
14 posts

chazerz • 13 January 2014 at 9:26 AM

Aw I'm a mom of a 10 month old girl and soon a boy. @eschla

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 13 January 2014 at 9:46 AM

@novrain62
Done.Thank you. I have a son. My little sunshine😊

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 14 January 2014 at 7:36 AM

@chasers - does this mean you'd like to be a member of this club?
@kiryko, awww sweet son!!!

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 16 January 2014 at 12:44 PM

@novrain62
My baby has got his second vaccinaiton today. Don't know how he would react so sorry if I'll not feed back.I'll try but not promice.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 16 January 2014 at 9:20 PM

@kiryko - awwww poor baby. I remember those well. I hope he will have no reaction and be just fine!!!

@byfelisa
@yileen
@eschla

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 22 January 2014 at 2:40 PM

@novrain62 thanks for support we are better now.
I might ask some little help. I want to make a book of recipes and reshare it in my cove when it'll be in process. but it's really hard to take unchecked recipes from the internet- spoiled lots of products using unchecked recipes. What I'm asking for.Most of us have at least one dish we could make perfect. I would share mine and looking for others in return.And the only criteria of my searching is that it should have been something we could give to our children. If you think it's a bad idea tell me. If you think idea is not that bad I'll reshare here my first recipe.If you don't mind of course.

Female
52 posts

kampos • 24 January 2014 at 8:59 AM

@novrain62 Could I join? I am a proud mother of 5 kids, 4 who play here. I may not be on that much since I have a job and all, but I'll try to feed the best I can.