Mothers Love Egg Cave Too!!

in General

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 8 October 2013 at 5:02 PM

giggles @mighty-lair - you're such a trip. this crap today isn't even music and neither is the Country! Country music has gone ??? North? lmao

@briggitt - i'm coming to your house for dinner with @clawstra haha mmm homemade tacos even!! or is that homemade vegetables?

either/or it's still all good with me!!

Wine gives me a headache ☚ī¸
"EYE BLEACH" gives me a headache 😋

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 8 October 2013 at 5:05 PM

@mighty-lair My god! Weren't you lucky? Private invitations, that's just awesome 😊

I have always loved cooking. I remember being a little thing, barely able to stand by myself, watching my grandma preparing pasta, and my mom teaching me how to make dough for cookies... they are probably my oldest memories, and truly happy ones. They both made ??me feel that cooking is an act of love 😊

@novrain62 Welcome! I love to cook for friends, so whatever you want, you'll get 😃

207 posts

clawstra • 8 October 2013 at 5:14 PM

@birggitt @novrain62 @mighty-lair

I'll bring the cheesecake, the only food group that matters. I prefer to bake, but my hips have requested that I stop.

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 8 October 2013 at 5:15 PM

@clawstra Cheescake! My absolute favourite! \o/

207 posts

clawstra • 8 October 2013 at 5:20 PM

@birggitt

I knew there was a reason why I liked you so. It is a perfect food.

97 posts

mighty-lair • 8 October 2013 at 5:24 PM

@novrain62 That's the best, I'm still laughing, "North?"

I use to country dance, before my height of 'responsible days' set in and that was Country music, now its gone North. Ah hahahaha, oh God my sides.

@birggitt It really is a labor of love and one I was never taught. I have developed quite the taste for well prepared foods and when its made with love it is better than any restaurant!
Also had the best fish Taco's made by my neighbor in Napa, he loved to cook too, he just happened to manage a winery and that is how I got included in all the best private parties. After a short time I was just expected to be there.
The table was full of men except for me and my girlfriend and omg were they chalk full of gossip and catty comments about the wine critics. Half the time I spent trying to keep wine from coming out my nose!

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 8 October 2013 at 5:38 PM

@clawstra Well, you know what they say about brilliant minds 😋

@mighty-lair Well, come to visit and I'll teach you 😋

My, that sounds like loads of fun! And yes, men can be cattier that the cattiest women ;P

97 posts

mighty-lair • 8 October 2013 at 5:45 PM

My post got deleted cause I had the nerve to try and double post!

Will give my coffee blend next time but I will have cheesecake to go with it soon

@clawstra you rule! Cheesecake is a food group!

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 10 October 2013 at 7:58 PM

@clawstra @briggitt @mighty-lair

OMG CHEESECAKE!!!!!!!!

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 10 October 2013 at 8:05 PM

@novrain62

I KNOW!!! And @mighty-lair is right: cheescake is a food group. The others being: coffe, ice-cream and chocolate 😋

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 10 October 2013 at 8:09 PM

@birggitt - my number one food group is pizza 😊

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 10 October 2013 at 8:14 PM

@novrain62 Ah, I adore pizza. When my friends and I gathered together on Saturday's night we usually got pizza, because everybody loves it, and it's easy to eat, and there's no need to re-heat it later, so... the prefect food to throw an all-nighter *laughs*

207 posts

clawstra • 10 October 2013 at 8:51 PM

Wait! Why is there no daiquiri in the cheesecake poll?

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 12 October 2013 at 9:10 AM

@briggitt - pizza for breakfast!!!!
@clawstra - um i never had that? lol that's probably why but sounds good!!

adding @eschla back to the list 😊 welcome back!!

Female
659 posts

eschla • 12 October 2013 at 9:48 AM

Thnx novrain 😊 I do my best to feed as much as possible.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 12 October 2013 at 6:51 PM

that will be great 😊

97 posts

mighty-lair • 28 October 2013 at 5:14 PM

@novrain62 LOVE the poll! I picked plain because I really love the flavor. I can't believe I've never seen a blueberry one. I'm on the lookout now.

@birggitt I just had another pizza let down. I cannot find ONE pizza parlor up here worth the box it comes in. Come on people it's not rocket science. Still had it with a beer for breakfast.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 28 October 2013 at 5:38 PM

@mighty-lair - it is truly hard to find good pizza, but here on the east coast it's a bit easier, but not back in Nebraska!!!! haha

Blueberry cheesecake is sooooooo good and now Pumpkin_Cheesecake.. That's what I want as my birthday cake this year mmmmm

beer and pizza for breakfast hahahahaha

((((((((( HAPPY HALLOWEEN ))))))))))

and a big Welcome Back to @byfelisa ❤ī¸

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 31 October 2013 at 6:33 PM

Happy Halloween!! 😊😊

Thank you @novrain62, I'm so happy to be with all you Moms and Dad again. Missed you much and can't wait to share everything like before.

How is everyone enjoying the holiday season? 😃

Is there something you make or do special for Halloween each year?

I voted for Strawberry Cheesecake it is my favorite, next is cherry and then chocolate. Normally, chocolate anything is the ultimate, but strawberry is its tie you might say in some desserts.

Speaking of which here is a greeting card I instantly though of you and hope you get a kick out of it!

http://www.123greetings.com/events/halloween/haunted_houses/house34.html

I don't know if any of you use any of the sites online with your children, there are some other than Disney that I love. Now it is more for my grandchildren I imagine since my children are adults now. 😋

http://www.thekidzpage.com/
http://www.squiglysplayhouse.com/Games/Holidays/Halloween.html

For us Adults and Teens who have a sweet tooth this is sure to be interesting and fun:

http://www.benjerry.com/halloween

It is so nice to be among you all and though I had some troubles with my health, am happy to say that all is much better now.

I'm in the process of working on my website - byfelisa and trying to draw more. I plan to submit some work to Egg Cave once done. 😉

I did do 4 Halloween adoptables at Squiby and a Breast Cancer one also. It felt strange since I haven't done any graphic work in a lot of months like that.

However, I really want to get all the projects I was working on before I took sick finished and then will let you see it. It is a variety of things over the last year.

I know you all have your share of RL issues and obligations, have any of you had any surgeries or illnesses affecting you too? {{{{HUGE HUGS}}}} to you and know you are not alone. That is why I love it here! We can be there and comfort one another. ❤ī¸

You didn't think I forgot did you? Hehehe

- Here is a link to some holiday recipes -

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/event-or-occasion/halloween-recipes

Wishing you all a good night and much hugs! 😊❤ī¸

97 posts

mighty-lair • 1 November 2013 at 5:03 PM

I think everyone knows I have Multiple Sclerosis (Think constant spinal chord injuries). The last 4 years have been bitter sweet.

I joined a study that gave me infusions to kill my immune system once a year for three years. I was a rare case in that my immune system was so strong that they had to do it so many times.

Once, everyone getting the infusions.
Twice, uncommon.
Three, O.O

It was the reason my M.S. was on the verge of no return. Ones own immune system gets confused and attacks the sheath surrounding the spinal chord. Which in turn causes swelling and pressure on the spinal chord leaving permanent damage.

The hope was that once the immune system came back it would rebut, so to speak, and no longer think my spinal chord was an enemy.

1. I was on so many medications for symptoms and pain yet, no one considered the side effects of having no immune system and being on those meds.

2. I have no memory of those three years and displayed altered personality traits that every Dr. chalked up to, "oh, it's just M.S.". Until the complications almost killed me.

3. I won. I am off almost all the meds needed for symptoms (Shaking uncontrollably, Spasticity, limbs contorting) because It stopped. No more pain meds!!! I was on fire from the lower jaw down. My whole body. Plus pins and needle sensation on top of numbness.
GONE BABY GONE, LIKE A SAD SAD SONG 😊

LIMBS STRAIGHT. NO LONGER USE A WALKER. Most important, that constant burning is no more. Still numbness but bfd.

I woke last year in Sept./Oct. from what the Dr's are calling a 'walking coma', among other things *rolls eyes*, and have spent my time learning to walk again as I spent those three years mostly bed ridden. Speech lessons, memory strengthening. I did fall a lot at first earning myself concussion syndrome BUT

I WON. I regained what was lost, physically. Mentally, emotionally? Time is on my side 😊

omg I talk a lot. Need to give mah hands something to do like eating CHEESECAKE ❤ī¸

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 4 November 2013 at 2:38 PM

@mighty-lair - that is fabulous news!! Cheesecake is indeed an awesome reward hahaha I'm glad you can now regain LIFE!!

@byfelisa - we, and I speak for all, are glad that you are back too, for sure. We don't often gather here, like we should, I'm thinking, but that goes back to being busy moms and dad(s). Furkids keep us all busy also, since we have those kind of parents here, too lol

November is indeed a time for recipes, so if any one has some to share, go for it!!!!!

@clawstra

97 posts

mighty-lair • 4 November 2013 at 6:08 PM

@novrain62 Thank you. I always get carried away telling the tale because it is beating the odds in every way...
*Theme song to 'Rocky' fills my mind... OMG, now its me running with kids following, now up the cement steps...*
"Getting strong now!" Great, my singing just scared my cat.

@byfelisa I know I said its great to have you back on BOAF but its great having you back here too ❤ī¸. Your ability to multitask is enviable!! I look forward to seeing your work 😊

TOPIC: Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe. GO
@birggitt
@clawstra

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 9 November 2013 at 12:35 PM

@mistishackleton is making her way back, so give her a holler 😊 Welcome back!!

@clawstra - love the Kinump name!!!

@mighty-lair - my cat's singing scares me!!!

Thanksgiving Traditions??

My maternal grandmother made oyster stuffing every year.
It's the only way I will eat an oyster haha It's more like Baked Oysters and it was always soooo good!!! I miss that.

Both of my grandmothers have passed on now and both of them were fabulous cooks.

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 10 November 2013 at 5:18 PM

Sunday Greetings All,

@novrain62
I can imagine it is only busier around this time of year for Moms and Dads as schools have their activities you have to keep up with, our furry companions also have to be properly cared for and ready for winter and holidays coming up that will keep us side-tracked. Hehehe

Our Thanksgiving tradition was to go to my grandmother's house and starve all day until the feast was ready. I would help her cook and the spread was always worth it. She use to put walnuts and eggplant in her stuffing. It was sooooo good!
We would eat, laugh and talk about what was happening with everyone's life. I miss that so much since everyone is now deceased for the exception of my brother. I just have cousins, most of which don't keep in touch. Every year I smile now and remember the smell of the food and all the laughter.

Anyone have candy sweet or duck for Thanksgiving?

WELCOME BACK @mistishackleton!! 😃
It is so good to see you are still with us. I hope all is great with you and hugs.

Thank you so much for welcoming me back and @mighty-lair it is so sweet of you. I adore both the club and here at MLEC2 as it shows just how special the members are here at Egg Cave and can come together anytime. ❤ī¸â¤ī¸

I'm so pleased to hear how your health has improved and I hope it continues to so you enjoy all you can out of life. BIG HUG to you as you have gone through so much and deserve to savor the delicious taste of all the cheesecake you want. Yum!

With that said, here is a recipe for everyone to enjoy below. Wishing you all a happy Sunday!! ❤ī¸

Chocolate Chip Angel Cupcakes with Fluffy Frosting

Yield: 2 dozen (serving size: 1 cupcake)

- Ingredients -

Cupcakes:
1/2 cup sifted cake flour
3/4 cup sugar, divided
6 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate minichips

Frosting:
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
Dash of salt
2 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Remaining ingredient:
1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted

- Preparation -

Preheat oven to 325°.

To prepare cupcakes, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and 6 tablespoons sugar, stirring with a whisk.

Place egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and 1/8 teaspoon salt; beat until soft peaks form. Add 6 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla and juice.

Sift 1/4 cup flour mixture over egg white mixture; fold in. Repeat procedure with remaining flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time. Fold in chocolate chips.

Place 24 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups. Spoon about 3 heaping tablespoons batter into each muffin cup. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Remove from pans; cool on a wire rack.

To prepare frosting, combine 1/2 cup sugar and next 4 ingredients (1/2 cup sugar through 2 egg whites) in top of a double boiler; place over barely simmering water. Beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form and candy thermometer registers 160°. Beat in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon frosting over each cupcake. Sprinkle evenly with coconut.

Calories: 69 Calories from fat: 13% Fat: 1g
Saturated fat: 0.7g Protein: 1.5g Carbohydrate: 14.1g
Fiber: 0.2g Cholesterol: 0.0mg Iron: 0.3mg
Sodium: 39mg Calcium: 2mg

It is Forget Me Not Day! I hope you Moms and Dad know how much you make a meaningful impact on others (and me) -
http://www.123greetings.com/events/forget_me_not_day/flower41.html

May you have fun around Egg Cave today finding Gobblers. Doesn't it keep you in the Autumn spirit?

Hugs All! 😸

Female
344 posts

yileen • 19 November 2013 at 3:46 PM

@novrain62 Not a mommy here, but a little adult mommy of 2 furry kittens hahaha
Will go thru the mommy coves in the morning as its little adult bedtime 😋

Nighty!!

Ps. i copied the recipe 😊 sounds SOOOO jummy!!

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 19 November 2013 at 3:51 PM

@yileen - welcome to #MLEC2 ❤ī¸ We are glad to have fur mommies, too, and have a few here to share that joy with!!

I know, right! (recipe) @byfelisa has wonderful ones to share!!
I will pass along your name to the groupies as I feed their lists at some point today lol most likely tonight.

I have one german shepherd and a blind pomeranian ❤ī¸
I may be adopting 2 kittens here soon, but not 100% sure yet.

@clawstra has awesome cheesecake lol
@mighty-lair has a new kitten!

We try to keep up in here, but sometimes it's a stretch. 😱
Again, WELCOME ❤ī¸

Female
344 posts

yileen • 19 November 2013 at 3:56 PM

@novrain62 Thanks!!!
I'm a very proud mommy (26y old, from the netherlands) of my 2 lil monsters.
They're a little over a year now 😃
Real babies have to find till a right daddy comes a long. haha

Sweet Dreams for now!

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 19 November 2013 at 3:58 PM

@yileen - lol I hear ya on the right daddy thing. Hey, you have time!!!

Sweet Dreams!!!

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 19 November 2013 at 4:59 PM

@novrain62 I didnt realize there were this many moms =) I am the proud mother of an 8 year old boy =)

207 posts

clawstra • 19 November 2013 at 5:23 PM

@mighty-lair

It's wonderful to hear how well you are doing. Now you need to find a house.
I have to leaf through my cheesecake recipes soon.

@yileen

welcome to MLEC2.

@novrain62

My Thanksgiving tradition was keeping my fingers crossed that my mother cooked the turkey long enough that it no longer was bleeding. Many years, I proclaimed myself to be a vegetarian. I am thankful to have survived my mother's cooking.