Mothers Love Egg Cave Too!!

in General

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 19 February 2013 at 12:39 AM

@novrain62 I'm not fond of FB (and Twitter), but I suspect it's because I'm too much of an old coot to appreciate newfangled things!

I am not familiar with COLOURlovers, but I still play Neopets (love Grundos too much to stop), although I mostly just do dailies and take part in the site events.

Female
377 posts

92firebirdgirl • 19 February 2013 at 2:55 AM

I LOVE THIS GROUP 😊

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 19 February 2013 at 5:11 PM

@mrsgiggles - I love Pogo .. but I am on hiatus from there right now lol

@92firebirdgirl - me too and I am glad you enjoy this group!! ❀️

@byfelisa - sounds nice to have one's own business out of one's home! that's ideal. I am addicted to COLOURlovers and it's amazing how many Egg Cavers I am finding there 😊 It's nice!

I have one son - one german shepherd named, Deuce and one pomeranian named, La"kota". I used to have 5 dogs, 3 cats, 7 horses, 2 llamas, 2 goats and 2 beta fish. Years ago when my son was little we had a pair of cockatiels, Corky & Lizzie. I loved them. I miss my pack and miss my horses dearly. After my husband's passing, I just couldn't keep it all up anymore.
I hope everyone is having a great day thus far 😊

Life is a challenge, for sure. O, I also write poetry ... am published in two poetry books; "Cafe Musings" and "The Animal Anthology Project"

http://www.amazon.com/Cafe-Musings-ebook/dp/B003XF1EEU/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1361312354&sr=1-1&keywords=cafe+musings

http://www.amazon.com/The-Animal-Anthology-Project-ebook/dp/B009TR5Y4M

One day I hope to have more published poems and a book of my own works. I write at writers cafe dot org, but not as often as I used to. I guess I am on a hiatus from writing too. I am like that. I go in spurts.

(((((((((((((((( WHAT ??? YEEP_ATIELS ??? )))))))))))))))
Help! I've Been YEEP'D!!!!

FOR BEAR LOVERS (like me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADPqgeWcQyM

and www.bear.org (run mouse over Live Cameras) for more den cams 😊

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 20 February 2013 at 1:37 PM

Greetings to all you, Moms & Dad!!

How are you today? It is another cold day here.
I'm sending you all a Vanilla with Caramel and Cocoa Smoothie. 😸

I found out that February 17 - 23 is Friendship Week.
Here is a special card to brighten your day and to new friendships!

http://www.123greetings.com/events/friendship_week/card4.html

There is a place I have used for years and so happy to be in this group so wanted to give you the url:

http://www.virtualgifts4u.com/mainlobby.htm

You can pick any time of gift to send to family, friends or acquaintances while online. I found it great for anniversaries and birthdays if you can't be there in person. Hope it gives you some delight in giving to those you care about.

May you all have a wonderful, blessed and inspiring day. 😊

---

What great shares you gave us @novrain62. Thank you. I'm so happy to hear you write and sometimes I get a block too, but I go to the Lake to recharge my mind.

Working from home has its conveniences yet there are times it has its share of problems. πŸ˜‰

Awww, your dogs must be so beautiful. I haven't had a dog since I was a young girl. He was a german shepherd named Rusty.

That had to be extremely difficult your husband passing away and then having to find homes for your family animals. You have my condolences, I'm a widow. I can imagine you do miss them very much. Are they were you can see them sometimes still? The birds must have really entertained your son back then.

Female
89 posts

sacredscars • 20 February 2013 at 1:48 PM

good morning (afternoon lol) everyone!

here's your coffee for the day, Chocolate Mint today ~0)

i'm off to feed some coves 😸 hope you all are well and enjoying your hump day!

22 posts

darkdragon • 20 February 2013 at 3:59 PM

Hi All
_piano_pokemon_ gave me 200CC as a random act of kindness!!! Just picked random accounts and I was one of them 😊 ! 😊 ! 😊

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 20 February 2013 at 5:23 PM

@byfelisa - thank you, dear, for the links!! they will come in handy & for the friendship card awwww - you have my condolences too x .. the birds did indeed entertain us all! lol
I grew up with german shepherds, so they are dear to my heart. No, I am no longer in the west, so can't see any of my animals anymore ☹️ ... I try not to dwell on them to much because I bawl. Two of my horses were wedding gifts and they were they last to go. I tried so hard to keep them. I didn't get over that and I still am not, I guess. I feel so out of place, still. Oh well, can't do anything about that, so I keep putting one foot in front of the other ... I still get out of bed and go to work. So I guess I am doing okay. I have my moments.

@sacredscars - Thank you & felisa for the coffee(s) today! yum!
@darkdragon - wow, that is so wonderful. there are truly nice people here.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 21 February 2013 at 1:23 PM

Afternoon to all Moms & Dad! 😸

Did you all have a great Wednesday? May today be even more awesome with great surprises.

Another day in which to say hello, thinking of you and care; as a friend I will be there.

http://www.123greetings.com/events/friendship_month/friend13.html

I will be visiting everyone's cove in a short while but must share this recipe from Splenda as it is divine:

BLUEBERRY POMEGRANATE SMOOTHIE

Serves: 1 (8 fl. oz.)

Calories: 190
Sodium: 70mg
Carbs: 35g
Fiber: 2g
Sugar: 29g
Protein: 13g

(No Fats or Cholestrol)

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
2 packets of Splenda Sweetener Essentials with Antioxidants
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup 100% pomegranate juice
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Process until smooth.

That is terrific @darkdragon! I agree with novrain62, there are some very lovely people here.

@novrain62
You're so very welcome and glad you liked the links, coffee and the card. 😸
Thank you, we were separated for a lot of years and never divorced. I hope he is at peace now and happy.
Hehehe, I like them as they are really funny and can make any day interesting. I never met anyone who lived with that particular species. I'm glad it was entertaining for the family. 😊
Some people give german shepherds a bad name and unless you have had one, you would know they are great dogs and very loyal. Wow, to grow up with them must have been really special.
Awww, that is so sad. You're right we won't dwell on them but may your memories be of more happiness and you recall the laughter you had with all of them.
That is painful with such a meaningful gift, not easy to replace or go back but nothing and no one can take what they hold in your heart from you.
Yes, one day at a time. Meditate and focus on the good things around you now that make you smile.
Trust me I do understand about having moments, without music, my lavender and vanilla scents and sense of humor, I'd be a mess.
Work is great as it does keep your mind off things and healthy for you too. What was the funniest thing to ever happen at work? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours? LOL

207 posts

clawstra • 21 February 2013 at 6:25 PM

I'll give some background details on myself.

I have one child who is 16.
My husband and I have been married for over 30 years.
I do not work.
I quilt for entertainment and frustration.
I have 4 cats (2 bengals, a cornish rex and a skitish shelter cat)
and one hedgehog.
My parrot is no longer with us due to a run in with a raccoon.
I love playing games with my latest being path of exile.
I try to do most of my feeding earlier in my day as evenings are generally taken up with playing DDO with my husband. My main character is Clawstra Phobia.
I still play neopets. I'm harrowin there if you're visiting.

The most critical detail is I must have a caffeine fix regularly or I'm unbearable. That time approaches.

😊clawstra

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 21 February 2013 at 8:15 PM

@byfelisa - thank you for your kind thoughts & advice, too. I will have to take some time to think of a funny story that is work related - I do have some stories that are not work related, for sure. I did think it was funny the other day when a lady threw my tip in the creamer pitcher instead of my tip jar by accident. She was so embarrassed hahaha her girlfriends & I really had a hoot over that. Non-work related: driving to work one morning (years ago) at like 4 am. Get down the road a bit, car dies. Everything ... out, no lights, no engine, no nothing. So I think I will get out and push car to side of road so no one smacks into the back of it (still dark out, country road, no lights anywhere). I step out of the car and start to ease the car to the side of the road (small car), then >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
car speeds up and disappears hahaha "WTYeep" I thought ... of course and couldn't see my car 😱 I was like OMG now what! I wasn't far from home. So I walked back, thinking, (what do I say?) to husband who was still at home. I got home and I woke him up (honey, the car broke down. I need help). "Okay dear, let me get dressed and grab a flash light". We get in car and he turns out of the drive-way and I say, "Oh, by the way, the car disappeared." "What do you mean the car disappeared?" 😱 "Um, well, I was pushing it to the side of the road when it sped up and simply vanished" Husband is looking at me like, WTYeep! 😊 We get to where the car broke down (there abouts) and he shines flash light. Lo and behold, there sits the car, down an embankment into a stand of trees. Husband sits down on road and is laughing his 'you know what off' and I say, "What's so funny?" He says, "it's your car not mine!" πŸ˜‹ Thanks alot! lol

@clawstra - thank you for the tidbits about your and your family. Wow 16. 17 was my favorite age!! Boy did I have some fun 😊 Of course that was in the 70s. Wild times!! I'll tell you about the only time I met a parrot, some time lol

Can you gals & guy - feed the mortals @strawberri until we can get them immortal 😊 She has to go on Hiatus and I'd like to help get them immortals so she doesn't have to worry about her cove. Thank YOU in advance!!

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 22 February 2013 at 10:04 PM

Evening all you Moms & Dad!

How was your day? Anything interesting happen?

Mine was extremely busy and the reason haven't been around until now. I wish you all a great remainder of the day.

Here is chocolate mint truffles for everyone! 😊😊

Nice to know somethings about you @clawstra and thanks. Teenage years are challenging but so many memories to treasure. It is also a time you realize you have to loosen the apron strings. Bless you and your husband and may you have 30 more wonderful years together. I love to crochet, never tried quilting but once for a breast cancer blanket I did a few squares. Awww, a cat lover too! Sorry to hear about your Parrot. LOL, I love your character name. I love PSP, XBOX games. I want to get the new Wii coming out. Yes, I love video games especially adventure (RPG) and car racing.

OMG! That is so funny, @novrain62.
I love how once your hubby found out where the car was it was all your car then. Hehehe
Thanks for sharing something funny that happened at work too. I can imagine how the lady's face must have looked, but that was funny. πŸ˜ƒ

I had a hard to please client today. Everything she found fault with. I asked her if she could do it herself (the website and graphics - that is), what would she do? She told me that is why I am hiring you, I have no idea. I just want something nice, pretty and cheap.
I did templates and worked most of the day away.
The funny thing is the very first set she turned down I put aside and presented it to her again and she said it was perfect. I didn't change a thing to it, I asked her why was it perfect? She replied, it looks like something I seen before and is very nice and I love the price. I just giggled to myself and knew she didn't realize I showed it to her hours ago.
Everytime she said no, that is not what I want, I'm sure. My cat Sir Precious would "Meow" like he was in distress. When I finished the set and she paid me, a big smile was on her face. She said my daughter is going to love this birthday gift. Sir Precious "hissed" at her as she was walking out of the door. I looked down and saw she was dragging his toy along with her shoe. I let her know and she kindly gave me his mouse toy off the back of her shoe. I handed it to Sir Precious and he just rubbed up against me and purred. It melted all the day stress away in an instant, just knowing he was happy. πŸ˜ƒ

207 posts

clawstra • 22 February 2013 at 10:12 PM

@byfelisa

Sir Precious sounds like a very wise cat. I think I would have hissed at her, too. 😊

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 22 February 2013 at 10:28 PM

LOL
I'm not too sure at times, @clawstra.
He is a very strange cat.
How he behaves is so questionable but I love him and maybe he will grow on my Gary but time will tell.

22 posts

darkdragon • 23 February 2013 at 10:28 AM

My little girl, Niblet passed away in Oct. I miss her so much and she was very smart.

I believe we imbue our animals with intelligence and when it is in union to their own nature they become so smart.

She use to play video games on the first gen I pad. A fish game that she would smack the fishes and never missed. She would paw at the screen and lift it to her mouth by reflex- it was so precious. She even knew to smack the screen to start the game again.

She would even get antsy to play when the Ipad left for the day.When she was a kitten I would walk through my garden smelling the flowers and I looked down to see her doing the same thing. She was the runt of the litter and so small that when I named her she was not big enough to be a tidbit so I named her Niblet, my little bit. I miss her so. I live alone and have recently come out of a walking coma much is difficult because things have changed around me.

As soon as I came to she passed away. She lived longer than anticipated but I still missed her last three years. I am thinking about another animal but I need one that can go places and a dog is out of the question. I have always wanted a parrot and just might pursue that course. Animals are so important and I miss just being silly with mine.

Have a good day everyone and give your animals a big hug for me.😊

Female
89 posts

sacredscars • 23 February 2013 at 12:26 PM

hello everyone! i hope you are all having a good weekend. i'm just popping in before rushing out the door to a group. i noticed during my feeds that @mighty-lair 's profile says they are a member of the group, but haven't heard an intro yet so was just wondering if i had missed something?

talk to you all soon!

22 posts

darkdragon • 23 February 2013 at 1:37 PM

@mighty-lair is a side account. I have too many side accounts and @korikill has been so kind helping me organize.
@darkdragon is going to become my side account and @mighty-lair is going to be my main. And you think you are confused!!😊

207 posts

clawstra • 23 February 2013 at 2:43 PM

@darkdragon

Niblet sounds like a wonderful companion. I'm sorry she is no longer with you.

Please do a lot of research about parrots before purchasing.

My parrot was a yellow naped amazon. As much as I enjoyed her, they can be very difficult to deal with. The biting force they possess is huge. Mine could easily draw blood and a macaw can break finger bones.
They can be possessive and jealous. And the screeching can be unbelievably loud.
I don't want to dissuade you, I just want you to research if they would suit you.

22 posts

darkdragon • 23 February 2013 at 2:56 PM

Sound advice, thank you😊

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 23 February 2013 at 10:14 PM

Evening to you all! πŸ˜ƒ

I hope it was a good day and something special happened to make it nice for you.

Here is a recipe I'm going to try out tomorrow as went to the store to get a few items I needed. Let us compare notes on how it is.

Walnut Toffee and Chocolate Smoothie Recipe

Smoothie Ingredients:

1/4 cups of red grapes
1/4 cups greek yogurt
1/2 cup of ice, crushed
1 cup of milk, I use 2 percent
4 tsp of clover honey
1/2 cup of walnut halves
1 cup of sliced cantaloupe
1/2 tsp of english toffee bits
1 tsp of Nesquik chocolate powder

Preparation:

Add all ingredients into a blender and choose blend setting.
Keep blending until you have the desired consistency.
Drink & Enjoy!

Makes: 2 servings

Nutrition information per serving:

Calories: 358
Fat: 23.4g
Protein: 14.7g
Carbohydrates: 35.5g
Calcium: 21% RDA
Iron: 2.6 mg
Vitamin A: 58% RDA
Vitamin C: 53% RDA

Big {{{HUG}}} to you, @darkdragon.
It sounds like Niblet was wise and delightful to have in your life. Surely, when you are ready to bring a new companion into the home it will be the right one and bring you much happiness again.

I agree with @clawstra, Macaws and birds of that particular family (species) are pretty difficult but if you train them right can be wonderful but research is best always. They all have their own personalities too just like dogs and cats.

How are you @novrain62? Did I tell you how awesome you are? I hope your day at work was great.

Hugs to you all and going to visit your coves now. 😸

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 24 February 2013 at 7:47 PM

Wow, thankyou ladies for sharing your stories & advice & smoothie recipe (that one is something else & I love all of those ingredients).

@darkdragon - your little niblet sounded so sweet!! I once thought I wanted a parrot, til I went to the pet store with my father to get one and the macaw sat on my shoulder and ripped the earring out of my ear (OUCH). that was that haha I was a teenager at that time. I did have a pair of cockatiels and I loved them. What personalities haha Corkey my mail was hilarious!!

@byfelisa - I don't know if I am that awesome, but I do try lol Thank you for saying so. I think you are pretty fabulous, too!
Heck this whole group is fab and I thank you all for being a part!! ❀️

So, it's a new week. Work work work and swim some laps too but come Friday, my dear son is being shipped off to South Korea for two or three years and I know I will miss him terribly. He spent 6 months there last year, but is moving there this time. The Air Force has been a great move for him and his future, but I miss my only child. I am so proud of him!! He had 20 days leave in December and that was wonderful ... wish I could squeeze in a few more days, but that isn't possible. So, that said, it's going to be an emotional week for me, I think. I called him today and we talked awhile. He is so excited!! I just hope that North Korea doesn't start trouble (all talk no action, that is). I was watching YouTube videos of the A-10 - his baby, per say. He lives & breathes A-10s. They are awesome.

God Bless Our Service Men & Women!!

Thanks for being here with me!!! ❀️

22 posts

darkdragon • 25 February 2013 at 3:41 AM

@novrain62 - Right there with byfelisa on how awesome you are. I can tell your son is full of adventure and I think of him every now and then from your mentioning him and the creatures that are his in your Cove. Each time a well wish is thought of on his behalf. I think having you as his mom is one of his blessings.

Thank you for your comment on my little-bit. When it comes to an animal not only do I do research I let it choose me. I can go to as many pet stores, personal invitations, such as an offer from here, pet shelters as it takes. If the animal does not like me for whatever reason, I will not force myself on it.

All my animals picked me and I knew after spending some time that we were a match. A bird is something very important to me for it to have an area that is it's nature.

I will train from hatchling and adopt out if I need to but I plan on never keeping it from flight. A cage for an animal that can fly is the most unnatural thing I can think of doing.

So my patience is great and my schedule is travel and I would like a companion to go with me so it will take a while yet for me to have enough distance from little-bit so I can feel out a new creatures way. Might be when I travel less-

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 25 February 2013 at 3:15 PM

@darkdragon - how wonderful are your thoughts, both on my son & I and on adopting animals/birds. I agree with the flight issue and never cut my bird's feathers, but I lost my female Lizzy because her landings were awful for some reason and she broke her eggs inside of her on one of those landings and the vet nor I could save her. I was so upset and held her close to my heart until she passed away. I was so distraught I gave up my Corkey after 7 years to a friend. Of course, I regret that decision, but I was heartbroken. Both Corkey & Lizzie were such joys in our lives.

I have many animal heart breaks but yet I still have two dogs living. Losing my JOY JOY to an abusive boyfriend; Losing my beautiful female German Shepherd, Dutchess, in Spay surgery nearly ruined me. That was just after my husband passed away and the only peace I could find is that he needed her there. She was my soul mate in dogs, if there is such a thing. I didn't think I would get over it. I had to put down my Gunner (male German Shepherd over this last summer), I lost my Pomeranian (one of them) .. and of course I had to give up my horses. That hurts to this day!!
Well, animals are a blessing. I worked in an animal shelter for a few years and that was both a blessing and a hardship. I was a supervisor - and in charge of adoptions & cats. I had to choose which cats would be put down each morning and I absolutely cried every day. I had nightmares. Of course I cleaned up after both dogs and cats ... I wish I could have taken them ALL!!! Animals have spirits and I don't care what any one says against that reason of thinking. They are happy, they are sad, they miss human contact and the grieve. When my Dutchess died, my whole pack did not move or eat for weeks. That is no lie. I thought they would all die. To put down my Gunner was horrendous. I was distraught and my vet was bawling with me. I feel like I have lost so much in the last six years, and at this moment the tears are welling up inside of me because it hurts. Time may heal (MAYBE), but I wonder if that is truly the truth. ☹️ 😊 I still grieve over the boyfriend I lost when I was 22 after 4 years together. Years ago now, but you never get over loss. I feel every one's sadness ... I relate. Trust me on that.

I wish you the best of luck & joy finding a new companion!!!

Female
89 posts

sacredscars • 25 February 2013 at 7:24 PM

hi everyone, i just wanted to pop in and let you know that i have a really crazy week coming up and probably wont be able to get much feeding in til the weekend. i'm really really sorry.

22 posts

darkdragon • 25 February 2013 at 11:51 PM

Hi all,

I am going to make it a priority to get feeding done here. Being on BOAF has taxed me a little with trying to organize my side accounts and joining in the reindeer games (I crack myself up).

@sacredscars enjoy a stress free week from here at least as I will try to pick up the slack😊

Coffee tip: Poor your coffee into your cream, if you use cream and this is why. In science we learn to poor acid into a base and not the other way around. So, it is the same with coffee. You will get a less bitter taste. I prefer to have it black but my stomach is at odds with that choice.

Now that your taste buds are spoiled good luck getting your cream in before your coffee outside your house. Starbucks is your best bet for getting it your way. After that just put up with the looks and enjoy some great coffee. It is a or was a secret for every friend who ever visited saying, "There just isn't coffee like it is at your house." Only I knew why, now you know as well.

A more serious post next, shorter I promise.

189 posts

korikill • 26 February 2013 at 10:06 PM

Sorry to interrupt, I'm helping out darkdragon. The 2500 character limit is a little harsh when it eats your post, twice.
Thanks.

22 posts

darkdragon • 26 February 2013 at 10:08 PM

This may not be shorter.
@novrain62 I know we imbue animals with a consciousness that is separate from feral self aware. Children who have been found, everyone should Google how frequent it is, in the wild are feral like an animal and need to be taught self awareness in a civilized manner. It changes everything and this is why an animal such as a cat cannot go back into the wild after it has been house broken. It cannot become un-smart.

These children that come in from being feral will always have emotional trouble because if raised by wolves then he/she will only know blind trust. It is complicated in the science but only slightly. For those that are biblical and deny an animal a spirit it is without merit for how would God know when even a sparrow would fall. I am one to look at what is and insist that a thing is only impossible until it is not. A, tell me what can be done not what can't kind of person.
As for me, well I have M.S. Multiple Sclerosis. I am in a study to help patients with M.S. and it did/did not. Medication complications is what put me in a walking coma not as a side affect but human error. I lost three years, a home and what I knew of as a family. I am all alone as I have no family, none and little bit was the last.

I am on Social Security Disability which is a joke. I am intelligent yet poverty clings to me like a drowning person. Fantastic ideas no backers (YET) a body that betrays me and I despise being alone.

So, anyone have a Biwo UFT?

Female
128 posts

aloriality • 26 February 2013 at 11:06 PM

@novrain62

I am not a mother, as I am unable to have children due to medical issues. I do have a kitty, who is like a baby to me.

I feel motherly a lot, since I am caring and eager to lend an ear or even a word of advice or two. I am 32 years old and have a few 'online adopted' children from Neopets, and some MMORPGs that i talk to all the time, like an online mother.

I'm still new to EC, but maybe I can adopt a few players as EC family.

I dunno, toss me a message, let me know what you think, if I'm ok to join up

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 27 February 2013 at 6:33 AM

@aloriality - you are an adult fur mom like @sacredscars and @darkdragon 😊 you are more than welcome to join!!

Welcome to the MLEC2 club!!!

Darkdragon - i have to get my butt to work, but will address your post tonight!! Bless You and thank you for sharing!!!

Female
128 posts

aloriality • 28 February 2013 at 3:01 AM

@novrain62 Fur mom sounds like a perfect title for me 😸

22 posts

darkdragon • 28 February 2013 at 8:38 AM

@aloriality Yeah, like an honorary title.

Until you look out your backyard one day and 22 cats are in your field. Then your just the crazy cat lady next door.

When I lived in Napa CA, seems like a lifetime ago, I moved into a small house with a backyard longer than a football field and it was stock full of feral cats. First night gave it away.

Next door neighbor had literally five tins full of cat food in his backyard that he used everyday. We had a little chat and my partner caught every cat in our new backyard and he paid for every spay and neuter.

Then we went to all the surrounding farms with mousers in hand after that we took his metal bins away from him. He looked scolded mixed with extreme happiness.