Mothers Love Egg Cave Too!!

in General

Deleted • 7 February 2013 at 3:55 PM

@novrain62 Amazing idea. c: I see even my mom liked this, haha. ❀️

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 7 February 2013 at 11:21 PM

@sacredscars - awesome and congrats, good luck on the smoking cesation! that coffee sounds awesome!! I so want that lol thank you ❀️

I should try to concoct that at the coffee shop I work at. Hmmmmm .. I am the only one that works there, so I can pretty much do as I please and do. 😱

My laptop went to crap yesterday so was no able to feed today at all - or visit anywhere online. I am borrowing a laptop right now, so will try to get some feeding done. Bare with me.

Have a great Friday gals & guy!!

Female
89 posts

sacredscars • 8 February 2013 at 8:26 AM

@92firebirdgirl i noticed that this is your side account, where would you like us to feed and which creatures?

@novrain62 it's my favourite flavour of International Delight creamer. I think in the states they call is Almond Joy.
you work at a coffee shop?!?! *drools* I hope you get your computer working soon! Computer deaths are so tragic!

207 posts

clawstra • 8 February 2013 at 9:52 AM

I must vent.

I have a demon cat. He just smashed my favorite teapot. It was a cat holding a fish and the tea came out of the fish's mouth. It was adorable. I had it securely tucked away on a shelf 4 feet above the counters. Apparently, he took it as a challenge.

He is the most destructive beast I have ever encountered. He's just lucky that he's so adorable at the same time.

Venting finished.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 8 February 2013 at 4:47 PM

@sacredscars - lol I hope I get it fixed too, but at least I can use this borrowed one for a bit 😱

@clawstra - ouch!! Cats love heights so I am not surprised! May he was hungry for fish - and had a thought? haha so sorry to hear that, though. Adorable cuts it; sometimes!! 😱

887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 8 February 2013 at 9:49 PM

@novrain62 - Got a ping... and wow, what a fabulous post to read! I feel like I learned so much about you, you beautiful soul. 😊 I'm not a mother yet (oh how I hope one day!), so I'll scamper along soon, but I just wanted to say how thankful I am that you introduced me to Egg Cave. It's been a lot of fun and I've enjoyed every second of talking to you. 😊

Hope your son is well! You must be very proud!

Much love!

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 8 February 2013 at 10:16 PM

@peppermintcowboy - aww what a sweet post in return! thank you for that 😊 O, you will be a good mom, too. Know how I know? Cause you have great taste in music hahaha I'm glad you came here too and remember the first time you did!!

my son is doing good; his 20 day leave was awesome, but too short. march first he leaves for Korea for 2-3 years. I hope I get to take that trip!! Proud, I am 😊

@essieh - she has been here since day one & it's a pleasure to have her ❀️

GOOD MORNING Groupies!!

I trust your weekend is off to a great start!! I came to grab a cup of coffee from @sacredscars with some "Almond Joy" in it mmm mmm - I also have a new batch of @meme "happy cookies" to pass around ❀️

Enjoy the day (whatever the weather) and May you find a bit of 'love' in the air. It is February afterall 😊

Peace & Light,
novrain62

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 11 February 2013 at 1:03 PM

@novrain62
I'm delighted to see other moms and dad on Egg Cave.

You might say I'm a getting older mom but very much young at heart. It will be great to have others I can relate to. I would love to join! 😊

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 11 February 2013 at 3:34 PM

@byfelisa - Welcome to the #MLEC2 Club ❀️ We are so glad to have you and will add you to the V-day Contest _ #10 _ and pass your name along to the other members so they can add you to their lists 😊

This is a brand new group for me, so we are not fancy, but we are a friendly bunch who simply will take care of each other 😊

Feel free to visit this forum any time to vent or just say hello or share anything. Eventually I hope that this little forum/group with become "home" away from home 😊

Thank you for joining us!!!

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 11 February 2013 at 8:34 PM

@novrain62
Thank you for the welcome! πŸ˜ƒ Cool, that sounds great.

That is how I started out and while a new and small group put what you can into. I'm noticing through posts everyone really is friendly here and it is nice to know I'm in good company.

Speaking of share and thanks. I do have something and will be sure to frequent the forum to get to know you all.

Here is a little office/job humor:

Corporate Structure, Part 1

Chairman Of The Board - Leaps tall buildings in a single bound. Is more powerful than a speeding locomotive; faster than a speeding bullet. Walks on water. Gives policy to God.

President - Leaps short buildings in a single bound. Is more powerful than a switch engine; just as fast as a speeding bullet. Walks on water when the water is calm. Talks with God.

Executive Vice-President - Leaps short buildings with a running start and favorable winds. Is almost as powerful as a switch engine; not quite as fast as a speeding bullet. Walks on water in an indoor swimming pool. Talks to God if special request is granted.

Vice President - Barely clears a quonset hut. Loses tug of war with locomotive. Can fire a speeding bullet. Swims well. Is occasionally addressed by God.

Corporate Structure, Part 2

General Manager - Makes high marks on the wall when trying to leap buildings. Is run over by a locomotive. Can sometimes handle a gun without inflicting self-injury. Dog paddles. Talks to animals.

Manager - Runs into buildings. Recognizes locomotive two out of three times. Is not issued ammunition. Can't stay afloat with a life preserver. Talks to walls.

Trainee - Falls over doorsteps when trying to enter buildings. Says, "Look at the choo-choo." Wets self with a water pistol. Plays in mud puddles. Mumbles to self.

Secretary - Lifts buildings and walks under them. Kicks locomotives off the tracks. Catches speeding bullets in her teeth and eats them. Freezes water with single glance. She IS God.

I use to be a Secretary so found this to be really funny. 😊

Female
349 posts

unknownangels • 11 February 2013 at 8:46 PM

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say how nice it is to see how much MLEC2 is growing ! I thought I was one of the very few moms on here. I kind of felt silly because so many users are young. Now I see how many moms (and dad/s lol) also enjoy eggcave and feel pretty good ^^ Thank you ❀️

~Thank you to everyone who wished my son a happy 1st birthday ^^ He sure did enjoy smashing & eating his first cake . I'm sure many of you remember the 1st birthday. Very tiring lol

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 11 February 2013 at 8:57 PM

@byfelisa - lol I really like that!! I was thinking Im the Trainee (corportate level 2) ahaha Love the Secretery!!
Love the sense of humor 😱

@unknownangels - I remember my son's first birthday very well. How fun it was and how fast they grow up and leave (and forget childhood!) 😱 My son will be 27 this year.

Isn't it fun to know you aren't the only adult raising egg and vying for them in the trade center with 10 year olds hahaha I find it very amusing and I am so glad I am not alone. And let me say, these kids are TOUGH cookies LoL

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 11 February 2013 at 9:44 PM

Evening everyone,

@unknownangels, a happy birthday to your son!!
I remember it well with all three of my daughters.
What fun and mess at the same time. It was so precious and hope this was one of those memories you will always smile, laugh and tear about when he is grown. One of my daughters put her foot in the cake.

@novrain62 - I'm not sure if 10 is taken but can I pick that number?
Thank you, glad you liked the joke. I can relate actually to President, Trainee and Secretary. Many days I laughed or mumbled to myself being a file clerk trying to work up the corporate ladder. πŸ˜‹

Sorry to eavesdrop, but I find it madness at times vying with the young ones for a pet to give to a friend or someone who has it on their wishlist. They are tough indeed. Some very shrewd, should be adults. LOL

Female
377 posts

92firebirdgirl • 12 February 2013 at 1:19 AM

@sacredscars @byfelisa @novrain62 i put a feed tab on this account 😊

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 12 February 2013 at 6:09 AM

okay @92firebirdgirl - i will re-add you and thank you for adding a tab for the moms (and dad) to feed! lol WELCOME!!

@byfelisa - shrewd indeed and sometimes worse hahaha o and feel free to eavesdrop anytime 😱 10 you may have 😊 I will just start a 2nd round - it is not a problem !!

GOOD MORNING MOMS & DAD - Have an awesome day!!
I will bbl - it's soon time for work 😱

Peace & Light x

UPDATED Member List

@clawstra , @eschla , @meme (the DAD of MLEC2), @birggitt , @mistishackleton , @unknownangels , @sacredscars , @lizymarie , @byfelisa , @92firebirdgirl , @darkdragon

VALENTINE CONTEST FOR MLEC2 MEMBERS ONLY!!!

PICK A # from 1 - 10 and post it here!!
If someone ahead of you has that # already, you must pick a new one πŸ˜‹

I will roll the dice on Valentine's Day to see who wins which prize ❀️ There will be CS prizes, Cave prizes and Travels - just for fun ❀️ (*4CS, 4 **Cave, ***4 Travels)

** May be Common and/or Valentine LE (see how lucky I am thru the 13th)

*** Of My Choosing & According to what I get lucky in snagging πŸ˜‹

GOOD LUCK!!

1. lizymarie
2. sacredscars
3. eschla
4. clawstra
5. birggitt
6. darkdragon
7. mistishackleton
8. meme (the dad)
9. Unknownangels
10. 92firebirdgirl

Round Two (if Needed by having more members)

10. byfelisa

I am going to put Creature Names & Travels in a Hat & Draw them 1 by 1 to coincide with the dice roll - so that creatures will be a Surprise Valentine for each of you. I hope this will be fun for you each - ❀️❀️

So far I have 4 CS Eggs in the Hat - Will Add More In Time for Valentine's Day!! 😱

Female
89 posts

sacredscars • 12 February 2013 at 6:58 AM

hi all! great to see the new members! i have a bit of a crazy week with appointments everyday and running around. so i may get a little behind on feeding (oh wait i already am) i will try and make it up to all you guys.

~0) Cinnabon flavoured coffee for you all this morning!

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 12 February 2013 at 7:21 PM

@sacredscars - thank you for the Cinnabon coffee - yum!!!

http://teriskitchen.com/padutch/fastnachts-b.html
(did you have your Fastnachts today?)
What is your traditional food the night before Ash Wednesday?

they can go with the coffee 😊 or as an almost midnight snack! 😊

Female
89 posts

sacredscars • 12 February 2013 at 7:58 PM

Here we normally have pancakes. but i didn't make it to the big supper at the church tonight, so i had perogies and carrots lol

Oh I almost forgot! My mom's co-worker gave me a new laptop today! I am incredibly happy, mine was about 8-10 yrs old. This one is heavenly! lol

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 13 February 2013 at 3:22 AM

Good Morning to all Moms & Dad!! πŸ˜ƒ

I hand everyone a plate of homefries, eggs and turkey bacon. Just in time to go with the coffee @sacredscars will give us. I wonder what flavor today? 😊

Thank you, @novrain62! The raffle sounds great and sorry to have you make another round. I didn't realize until about to visit everyone that it is 11 of us.

Ash Wednesday, actually during the Lent season I have fish and veggies. That is what I had yesterday, I just change what kind of fish but it is always fillet.

Great recipe! I will have to try it out and see if Splenda can be used instead of sugar or a mix of both.
Thank you, I just love cooking and baking new things.

-----

Sharing two jokes - these gave me a little chuckle. πŸ˜‹

Walking up to a department store's fabric counter, the pretty girl said, "I would like to buy this material for a new dress. How much does it cost?" "Only one kiss per yard," replied the male clerk with a smirk. "That's fine," said the girl. "I'll take ten yards." With expectation and anticipation written all over his face, the clerk quickly measured out the cloth, wrapped it up, then teasingly held it out.

The girl snapped up the package, pointed to the old geezer standing beside her, and smiled, "Grandpa will pay the bill."

A resident in a posh hotel breakfast room called over the head waiter one morning and read from the menu. "I'd like one under-cooked egg so that it's runny, and one over-cooked egg so that it's tough and hard to eat. I'd also like grilled bacon which is a bit on the cold side, burnt toast, butter straight from the freezer so that it's impossible to spread, and a pot of very weak, lukewarm coffee." "That's a complicated order sir," said the bewildered waiter. "It might be quite difficult." The guest replied sarcastically, "It can't be that difficult because that's exactly what you brought me yesterday!"

----

Wishing you everyone a blessed and terrific day! 😊

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 13 February 2013 at 5:17 AM

hahaha @byfelisa - that 2nd joke is too funny for me. I have been in the food business (grew up in it) and am such a critic at restaurants and such. I loved it - thank you!! And as for the raffle - no biggy - it's doesn't matter how many time I roll the dice haha I was hoping for Vday cave creatures today (keeping fingers crossed) so I can (hopefully) snag some for the raffle 😊 - Fish, all 40 days or just yesterday?

@sacredscars - oh! congrats on the new laptop, how great!! another pancake eater, mmmm. I love perogies.
http://pittsburgh.about.com/od/recipes/r/pierogies.htm
am anxious for the 'flavor of the day' too 😊

when I get to the coffee shop to open up in the morning, I already thinking of flavors for the day 😊

((((((((((((( GOOD MORNING MOMS & DAD ))))))))))))))

I hope everyone has an awesome day (or night) on this Ash Wednesday.

Peace & Light

Female
377 posts

92firebirdgirl • 13 February 2013 at 8:50 AM

@novrain62 i pick number 4 for the 2nd drawing 😊 Happy Wednesday to all the moms and dads 😊

Female
89 posts

sacredscars • 13 February 2013 at 9:06 AM

morning all!

hands out some good ole traditional irish cream coffee. i'm off to do some feeds!

22 posts

darkdragon • 13 February 2013 at 12:05 PM

@novrain62 thanks for inviting me to join the gang😊

First chance I've had to come by and say hi and introduce myself. I'm 43 and- ok who gasped?!?! -And I am not a mom. *but I could sense a gasp*
Hi all and good morning!! I'll just have a seat and sip my coffee now.

207 posts

clawstra • 13 February 2013 at 5:08 PM

@darkdragon

That wasn't a gasp you heard, it was the sound of my knees creeking. 43 came and went long ago. 😊

22 posts

darkdragon • 13 February 2013 at 6:22 PM

@clawstra hehe could just be. Read about your evil cat and have to say I had a cat that makes yours a kindred spirit.

On Valentines day, perfect timing for this, 7 years back. Just after the kitchen had been cleaned, FIVE minutes later it was a bloody mess. My sweet little girl (HA) caught a bird - epic battle that no one heard left feathers and blood everywhere even the ceiling! All that could be done was to stand drop jawed and stare.

The cleaning AGAIN had plenty of sound!

207 posts

clawstra • 13 February 2013 at 8:37 PM

@darkdragon

Oh, that is wicked. I don't envy the clean up.

My cat is a bengal and he has a lot of wild in him. He's huge and loves the sound of things breaking. Not a good combination.
Luckily, my other three cats are relatively sweet.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 13 February 2013 at 11:24 PM

@darkdragon - wow what a commotion! cats can be something else! welcome to the MLEC2 Club and I'm with @clawstra - 43 came and went some time ago 😱 πŸ˜‹

Bengal cats are so gorgeous!!!

@92firebirdgirl - there is no round 2. I have that there because dice only have #s up to 10 and we now have 12 members 😊

It's Soon Valentine's Day!!
I hope that every one will have a pleasant one!!
It's 11:23 pm here. I should get my butt to bed. 5:30 am comes to quick. AND It's freaking snowing here

22 posts

darkdragon • 14 February 2013 at 5:53 AM

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!😊!😊!😊!

Didn't say I was the one who cleaned it. Only that there was a lot of sound to be heard. *wink* I did not envy that job either

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 14 February 2013 at 6:11 AM

@darkdragon - poor soul who had to clean it all up! haha

Off to work soon & hope there are cave creatures later. I have a dinner date too, so I will do my best to get dice rollin' after work (should take my lap-top to work; yeah right) before I head out. Otherwise, the Valentine Gifts (raffle) will be this evening after dinner. Was hoping the cave creatures would have been out by now ☹️

Oh well!! I can do 4 right now I suppose and catch the other 8 later 😊

HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY dear friends!!

22 posts

darkdragon • 14 February 2013 at 6:23 AM

@novrain62 have a fast day, a slow dinner and a pleasant time with us.
Happy V day