(Marielle) Dec/Jan Winter Creature Suggestion - Drin

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Do you like it?

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 8 November 2013 at 2:26 PM

This is Marielle's Winter creature suggestion that can be for December or January. We worked really hard on it, so please take a look. Hope you like it!

The Drin: http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/marie_lily/media/EggCaveDrin_zps836f18a4.jpg.html

Feel free to give any critiques, suggestions, and feedback in general. When commenting, please ping us BOTH. Thank you so much! ❤️

Please check out our other creature suggestions as well - #marielle @2elle2 & @marie_lily

#creaturesuggestion
#drin

Pings: @byfelisa @wererage @metaphor

Deleted • 8 November 2013 at 2:48 PM

@marie_lily
Ohhh a bird! ❤️
I really like it, woof ... expecially in the 2nd stage. 😸

Deleted • 8 November 2013 at 2:49 PM

@Marie_lily

Love this little guy/girl ❤️ But you need to made it a bit more original, it just looks like a regular chickadee. But still very cute 😃

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 8 November 2013 at 3:17 PM

@wererage

Thank you! I like that stage too, it's all curled up. 😋

@rushingwater

I understand what you mean. Thanks, though. I'll keep that in mind next time. We usually use real animal references to draw the different stages, so I guess we'll need to work a little harder to make the ideas original/

Pings: @pirran @real @tashabell989

Female
1,547 posts

2elle2 • 8 November 2013 at 3:27 PM

Pings:

@mighty-lair
@barbyka
@paranoiac
@bot
@icedragon3000

Transgender Man
351 posts

paranoiac • 8 November 2013 at 3:28 PM

@marie_lily

😱

Just...so beautiful ❤️ I totally want this made!

Female
491 posts

icedragon3000 • 8 November 2013 at 3:29 PM

Such a sweet little birdie. I hope it will be made.^^

Female
63 posts

ampratt • 8 November 2013 at 3:31 PM

So cute.

1,242 posts

bot • 8 November 2013 at 3:32 PM

@marie_lily

❤️ I love it!!!

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 8 November 2013 at 3:42 PM

Thanks everyone! So glad you all like it! We spent a lot of time on it. 😊

Pings: @muazzu @azoliana @clbr6117 @rainbowrocks @kittylover2009

Genderqueer
513 posts

cherryish • 8 November 2013 at 3:45 PM

@marie_lily Your welcome! Chickadees are SO cute! 😃 And I love the bow on it 😊

97 posts

mighty-lair • 8 November 2013 at 4:03 PM

@marie_lily

This is awesome. I would freeze the egg straight away because of the character. I would also need all the stages because of the unique view and coloring each one displays (more freezes). First stage curious and looking about, second stage looks to be feeding from the ground and I love the last stage with the wings shown in full glory! The highlight of all birds.

The closest compliment to a birds wings is the Laniwon egg. I think it goes downhill from there (just me) whereas, the Drin follows a progression to the grand finale. Much appreciated as a bird lover.

This is a great Christmas creature and a fantastic drawing.

I would not worry about changes as the artist here do make changes as they see fit. The Trident's original drawing was different than what we now have and I like both versions.

Female
1,547 posts

2elle2 • 8 November 2013 at 4:28 PM

Pings:

@puppymaks
@safikei
@azoliana
@clbr6117
@xxshadowclawxx

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 8 November 2013 at 4:40 PM

@mighty-lair

Wow! Thank you so much for the feedback. I wish everybody could be as detailed as you. 😋

The stages you described were our exact intention. Glad you can tell what it is supposed to be.

I didn't exactly make it for Christmas, just winter in general. I figured if it wasn't made during December, it would have another chance during January. 😉

Yeah, I know. Our other 3 suggestions were changed by the artists as well, some parts making it better, and some parts not to our taste.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! ❤️

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 8 November 2013 at 5:56 PM

OMG! @marie_lily @2elle2

It is absolutely gorgeous!!! It reminds me of a beautiful black and white chickadee. We have that species here in Massachusetts. 😃

I would love to see this created and thank you two for making a bird creature. It is so exciting to see it very vivid and the details are incredible. ❤️❤️

Wishing you well and hope its a great holiday season for you and yours!

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 8 November 2013 at 6:57 PM

@byfelisa

Thank you so much! Yes, we based it off the Black-capped Chickadee. They are so pretty, with the black, white and yellow. 😊

We hope so too! We worked really hard on it. ❤️

Pings: @fjh @hellhound @poof @thursdays_dove

Female
377 posts

fjh • 8 November 2013 at 7:00 PM

@marie_lily OMG WHY CAN"T I DRAW LIKE THAT?!?!?! it looks awesome! ❤️ I totally want it to be made!

Female
1,547 posts

2elle2 • 8 November 2013 at 7:19 PM

@fjh

Thank you! We worked really hard on the Drin, and we hope it'll be made too 😊

Pings:
@lilyspiritwolf
@spiritkoi
@ilovedoctorwho
@dragonii

1,558 posts

dragonii • 8 November 2013 at 7:29 PM

@marie_lily that's a really pretty bird ❤️

1,239 posts

ilovedoctorwho • 8 November 2013 at 7:37 PM

@marie_lily Wow, it's beautiful! I love how the colors aren't too harsh and the bow isn't over-significant, and it's perfect!
I really hope it should get made! And in January because that's my birthmonth 😸 It truly is pretty and I really love this creature!

Female
1,547 posts

2elle2 • 8 November 2013 at 8:02 PM

@dragonii

Thank you!

@ilovedoctorwho

Thank you so much! I really love it too, and we hope it'll be made. I hope its in January as well since I was also born in January 😋

Pings:

@mastergemma
@hermione0905
@hellhound

Please ping both Marie AND me when commenting.

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 9 November 2013 at 11:04 AM

Pings:

@brookie
@hemester
@hybridrainbow
@kollais
@tetromino

Female
2,296 posts

kollais • 9 November 2013 at 11:12 AM

@marie_lily
@2elle2

Nice little bird) I'd like it to be a cave monthly - then everyone can get some of them.

Deleted • 9 November 2013 at 11:14 AM

@marie_lily
Cute 😊 love the simplicity of the design and the little blue bow!

Female
1,867 posts

brookie • 9 November 2013 at 11:14 AM

@marie_lily

I love this suggestion! I really want a creature to look like this on Egg Cave. It does need a description though. Nice idea! 😃

Female
441 posts

tetra • 9 November 2013 at 4:10 PM

@marie_lily @2elle2

Really like how the ribbon stays with the bird through all its stages. Sometimes when a creature changes, it loses parts of itself, so I love the consistency here!!

'Do you like it?'

Yes I do!! But I totally want the Drin to be made as well! 😊

Chickadees are cute!! Never good at critiquing, but if I did have to say something it would be that maybe the First Stage should be swapped with the Second (and the Second should be First)?

I know Marielle have their reasons, but when I first saw the picture I thought the arrows were pointing differently and the stage where it's curling up was after the egg, while the one where it's standing is followed by the Drin taking it's flight!

You two don't have to listen to me though, the Drin is darling!! I love the name and the details and the colours!! ❤️

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 9 November 2013 at 5:35 PM

@tetromino

Thanks! I didn't know how to make the creature more meant for winter, so I just added the blue bow. Glad you like it! 😊

I see where you are coming from, and I think that would make sense as well. The first two stages are pretty similar in terms of growth, so I think it could go either way.

As for the name, it's great that you like it! I like it as well. It's short and simple. We came up with the name by combining Chickadee and winter.

Thank you for your detailed feedback. ❤️

Pings: @life @bluebelle @ampratt @kodakthewolf

Non-binary
1,641 posts

bluebelle • 9 November 2013 at 5:40 PM

@marie_lily I loves it! SO CUTE!!!!

Deleted • 9 November 2013 at 5:40 PM

@marie_lily it's really nice nice job 😊

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 9 November 2013 at 5:46 PM

Thanks everyone, for all your positive feedback!

Pings:

@cubexline
@epicthings451
@immortalraven
@hermione0905
@chapus2009