[Private Roleplay] ~ Eternal Eden

in Roleplaying

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 15 December 2016 at 4:56 PM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

Gerald reacted slowly to the knife, noticing it a full few seconds after it had been flipped open and turned in the direction of the larger man. He had grown laxer towards the brawl the moment his prize had been made secure, but barely an instant had passed before the friendly competition took on a darker, sharper, more serious edge. His expression morphed, not into one of fear exactly, for Gerald had seen many a knife in use during his time in the gang, and this one wasn't turned on him.

But he was definitely wary, and spineless enough to answer the thug in a higher-strung, reedy tone that stank of unease; "Rules? What rules?! The only rule is... don't harm the referee!"

And with that, Gerald sunk back behind the desk, fully intending to wait the storm out from under its robust oaken cover.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 15 December 2016 at 5:15 PM

Seeing that he wasn't going to come out of this unscathed, the man backed away, his hands raised.

"Look man, she ain't worth me life... I'll jus' be goin' now..."

He wasn't at all content that he'd been cheated out of his money and his prize, but he wasn't an idiot either... the kid had bloodlust in his eyes and he didn't like where this fight was going...

@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 15 December 2016 at 5:31 PM

@asi
@dada_dragon

~~~

The adrenaline was still rushing through Fang's veins. Gerald's words had both convinced and inspired him that the miserly old man wouldn't mind if a little blood was shed. He brandished the knife.

"The only surrender I believe in is death." He said with a bloodthirsty grin. At those words, he darted forward, making to slash the blade across the man's upper body. After the quick attack, he moved again, aiming the blade at the man's neck.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 15 December 2016 at 5:37 PM

The man stumbled back in fear as the two swipes missed, but only barely.

"Please... I beg of you..." he said, cowering in the corner that he'd been backed into. There was no escape... "Please... I have a map... I've been told that it is very valuable... it leads to the Eternal Eden..."

@bunnyshadow
@asi

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 15 December 2016 at 5:43 PM

@dada_dragon
@asi

~~~

Fang seemed about to swipe again, fueled by the anger of missing his first 2 hits. He stopped mid-swing. "E-Eternal Eden?" The young man said, faltering slightly. He took several steps back, moving the blade out of the way and to his side.

Almost excitedly, he reached inside his coat and pulled out a bulging pouch, much larger than the one he had given Gerald earlier. No doubt, it was filled to the brim with coins. Fang tossed it at the man. "I'll take it." He said with a vampiric grin.

Fang turned back to Gerald. "Thank you for your time as well." He said, obviously preoccupied with the newfound information from the cowering man.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 15 December 2016 at 6:19 PM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

To say that Gerald was shocked was a painful understatement. His eyes popped wide at the sight of pouch so much larger than the one he had been given... And blazed with jealousy. To think this brash, thuggish upstart was carrying this much gold on him. And Gerald had entirely failed at robbing him blind, too. Instead, this weak, bumbling fool of a man, cowering in the corner, had somehow reaped that reward. All this despite the fact that it was only a moment ago that he was on the brink of death by the business end of a little pig sticker.

Pushing himself up from behind the desk slowly, Gerald gave a good, hard last look at the young man who was preparing to leave, apparently satisfied. And Gerald scoffed. "Eden? Really, you'd trade all that for a fool's pipe dream? Sure, we all have a map to Eden, don't we," he chuckled lowly, still holding on tight to his desk's firm oak for support.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 15 December 2016 at 7:10 PM

The man grabbed a folded up map, which appeared quite old - perhaps predating the destruction that had brought them to this post apocalyptic mess, and threw it at him, scrambling out of the room with his money in case he changed his mind.

He smiled to himself. Perhaps it was the true map, but it went through the dangerous radiation zones, brimming with mutated monstrosities and dangerous radiation levels...

Traveling to the supposed "Eternal Eden" was asking for death...

@asi
@bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 16 December 2016 at 1:49 AM

@asi
@dada_dragon
@takatheeducatedkid

~~~

Fang ignored Gerald's ridiculing as he picked the map from off the ground. He knew he was putting too much faith onto a piece of paper that could have lead to anything, but forced himself to push his doubts aside. The map would be examined more closely later--he had things to do for now. Fang folded it up gently, placing it tightly in a pocket inside his coat.

His treatment of the door was much less kind as he slammed it open, then slammed it shut. Fang took his time walking to his first prize...he knew they were going nowhere. Not without his permission that is. He circled the woman, examining her like a butcher would examine an animal before it was slain. Fang leaned in close, ignoring the wary glances he received from the nearby thugs.

"You belong to me now." He said, looking her in the eye. "Thank me after we get out of here. You're lucky I'm here...otherwise that ape would have bought you instead." Fang said quietly into her ear as he flipped open his blade. The knife's serrated edge glinted in the dim firelight as he started to saw through the ropes, ignoring the dirty looks the men nearby gave him--that rope was probably worth something.

"Go complain to Gerald." He snapped at them.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 16 December 2016 at 2:00 AM

The man from before exited one of the rooms and approached Indigo. She detested the way he circled her like a wolf... It made her uncomfortable...

Indigo waited and watched as he cut the ropes. As much as she agreed that the older man was probably a worse choice than this guy, she also wasn't a fan of being in debt to anyone.

The second she felt the ropes drop, she made a run for the door.

@bunnyshadow

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 17 December 2016 at 2:51 PM

Having examined her surrounding area and determined no clear path to escape, Ismene began to pass the time by reading all of the bald woman’s tattoos.
Thankfully, the buff guard was wearing a frayed, stretched muscle shirt, and her arms were as big as barrels, and so the ink was easy for Ismene to see, even from her spot surreptitiously leaning against the bars and squinting her scarred eyelids between the pillars of stark iron.
The inked images sure were… something.
The most tattoo being the one of an skulled octopus right smack in the middle of her forehead, with it's barbed purple tentacles cascading down between her eyes, skirting her noses, and curling around her cheeks, with the octopus skull grinning devilishly from atop her head all the while.
The rest of the tattoos were even somehow more surreal.
On the woman’s left and right shoulders, for example, there were two scoreboards, the one on her left labeled, “Me” and the one on her right labeled, “The World”. There were an infinite number of tallies, all inked in a deep, shaky red like dripping blood, under the left one. So many that her left arms seemed almost bleeding, cut a thousand times… though on her right arm, there sat not one single mark.
When the woman stretched and popped her neck, Ismene caught another tattoo hidden right between those broad shoulder blades. This one was simply a picture of a can of Spam with the words, “Feast Of Fools Tourney Champion, 2993” written so slanted and fancy on a golden ribbon stretching under the can that Ismene was almost unable to read the words. That tattoo, Ismene frowned to herself, was certainly an odd choice…
Weirder, however, was the mess of tattoos like a web made by an intoxicated spider splattering here and there right under the woman’s collarbone. Ismene really had to press her face against the bars to be able to understand this one, and even when she got a glimpse, it still wasn’t all that clear. From what she could see, Ismene saw an arrow pointing somewhere off towards the left of the woman’s chest, with the words, “This belongs to” written near it. Under this clearer tattoo was where the mess began, with violent black marks crisscrossing over other words that looked like… names? After minutes of struggling, she could barely make any of them out. “Jessie”, “Payne”, “Paul… Pauly? Paulina?” “Ford?”
Ismene didn’t know what they all said, she couldn’t tell, and she definitely couldn’t even see that last name, circled bright and new and in red and very much not scratched out but still so hard to see….. was it, perhaps……?
The door opened, and Ismene jumped back from the bars.
“Heeeeeeey, buddy, time for the ole’ shift change, huh?”
The voice came from the man poking his thinly bearded face out from behind the door leading out of the cellar.
The bald woman had no reaction to his command. Instead, she continued to whittle, the wooden shards now flying off of that crafted skull with more violence behind him.
Perhaps sensing the darkening mood, the man whistled a soft, awkward tune before stepping more fully inside of the room. Now Ismene could get a good look at that short and square body, and she was unimpressed with the gang member’s overall… underwhelming stature as he continued amicably, “Boss wants you to deal with some issues upstairs, in the daylight. Some commotion or something? Who knows! But you don’t really wanna go around upsetting the boss now, right?”
The woman slowly turned to glare at the man. Suddenly, the woman snapped one knife-wielding hand in the air, and Ismene winced, positive she was about to witness yet another murder, but no, the knife was instead plunged violently into the wooden skull carving’s eye socket.
“… Love the murderous aesthetic,” the man complimented as the woman stood with her stabbed creation, looking as if there was something else in the room she would love to stab.
She didn’t stab anything else, however, and left the room as wordless as she had been while sitting in it.
When the woman closed the door behind her, Ismene’s new guard rocked once back and forth on the heels of his shoes, whistling either gibberish or a song the girl had never heard before…
She stared at him for a solid ten minutes before the man turned to her suddenly, meet her eyes so suddenly that Ismene flinched backwards in surprise.
A smile spread across the man’s face, and he gave a small wave towards the caged girl.

After a second had passed, Ismene gave a confused, small wave of her own hand back, and up quirk of the guy’s smile only widened further.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 17 December 2016 at 3:12 PM

@dada_dragon

~~~

The woman's break for freedom was certainly unexpected. In a camp filled to the brim of gangsters and men armed to the teeth with weapons, escape was near impossible...except she wasn't their property anymore and therefor no one made a move to stop her. She was crazy for running, but Fang was crazier still. He wasn't going to let his new toy run away unless it was on his terms.

Fang tugged at his stallion's reins harshly. The animal cried out in pain, and he climbed onto the steed as it broke out into a run. He was gaining ground quickly on the woman.

"I'll shoot." He called out threateningly.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 18 December 2016 at 4:08 AM

Indigo didn't dare look back. There was a radiation zone not far from here... he wouldn't dare follow her there, would he.

She tried to remove the mask from her face only to discover it had a lock on it. She could probably find someone to pick it, but now was not the time for that.

She couldn't register the man's words. All she could hear was the pounding of horse hooves and her own frantic footfalls.

@bunnyshadow

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 23 December 2016 at 10:41 PM

@takatheeducatedkid
@anyonewhocaresidk

The gang members gathered in the large room, or entrance hall if you will, talked among themselves in low voices, some serious, others serious only about slacking off, but almost all of them curious.

By now that had all got word that along with the fiery girl, the big guy and the silver-haired boy had also been traded away, to the young man who'd just rode off after the girl. Some made jokes about setting the other two loose; "to give the brat some more sport, ha!"

However, none approached the chains holding Arlo and Shimon captive. After all, these were dangerous mutants, to be hated and feared. Even a touch seemed poisonous, like it might infect them.

Besides, the big one was still down and out, motionless enough that they'd think him dead, if it wasn't for the shallow rise and fall of his chest. One thug asked another if he'd given too big a dose of "claw-o-form".

The second scratched his chin. "Aye, might've. Gave 'im a trubble dosage, j'tabe safe. Might OD 'im. Gawd knows it would kill an ord'nary human like one o' us, but these mutants, y'know, they ain't natural..."

"Got that right," another grunted. "'Sides, what'll the boss care if 'e ain't ours anymore?"

Smirking to themselves, the gangsters continued to joke around, for the most part ignoring the cluster of prisoners in the room's center, though some kept a wary eye open all the while.

In addition to Arlo and the still-unconscious Shimon, there was one of the males that Fang had brought in- his brother, the shapeshifter, the gang was struggling to restrain elsewhere- and one other. A small, frail and thin figure was bent over itself, long willowy hair hanging over their downturned face, and snaking over much of their slender arms and torso as they very quietly sobbed, never seeming to run dry of tears...

In contrast, healer was sitting silent and still, staring rather brokenly off into space, also with a recently broken nose in the middle of his face that he hadn't seemed to have noticed yet. He only seemed aware enough of his situation to occasionally send annoyed looks the crying figure's way. Sticking his fingers in his ears, he did his best to ignore it.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 6 January 2017 at 7:14 AM

@dada_dragon

~~~

Reaching his wit's end, Fang released one of his hands from the reins of the large stallion. His other remained tightly clenched on the thick leather strap. He reached over his shoulder, pulling the rifle towards the front of his body. He had already given out a warning to the fleeing mutant, and the man wasn't remotely inclined to yell out another. Once the gun was in his hands, Fang let go of the reins fully. Now using both of his hands to hold the rifle as steadily as possible, he took aim on the running woman.

He pulled the trigger, aiming at her mid-upper legs.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 6 January 2017 at 10:34 AM

She had nearly reached the radiation zone when she felt a sudden, blinding pain in her left leg, causing her to stumble and fall painfully.

It felt like her leg was on fire. Every movement caused a new wave of pain that nearly made her forget that she was running for her life...

Nearly.

She began dragging herself across the ground, desperate to get away. It was futile, and even if she managed to get away, she was significantly injured... She would never survive in the radiation zones...

But she had to try... Even if she knew she'd already lost...

@bunnyshadow

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 6 January 2017 at 1:33 PM

This was it, the moment he had been waiting for. While the others were busy watching Fang chase down his new prize, Creed pulled on the rusty chainlinks encasing his torso and wrists. It took a bit of force, but they were so old that they eventually pulled apart, freeing him from his binds.

Reaching immediately for the blindfold, he wasted no time locating Fang with his gaze and began teleporting in short bursts to catch up.

*What about Shimon!?* Arlo asked in a panic.

Creed didn't look back, "I can't worry about him, I have to get myself out first." he said coldly.

He was gaining on Fang at this point, and he made a risky shift to teleport on top of Fang's horse hoping to push him off and maybe grab Indigo on the way out.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 6 January 2017 at 11:44 PM

“So,” the man said to Ismene, one hand brushing through that mess of black tight curls cascading down from an equally black skull, “you’re in quite the predicament, huh?”
Ismene didn’t know what to say to that. She recalled once that her mom had said to her, “Now, my girl, don’t go running your mouth to any random stranger, okay? In today’s crazy world, you never know why people really want to know what they are asking to know."
But that was long, long ago, back when she could still say she had a mom. And, in hindsight it was clear the only reason her mom told her that was due to the enemy-creating nature of her father. Since she had already ran her mouth to a group of dangerous strangers who were enemies to her father, Ismene sighed and decided there wasn’t much more harm talking a bit could do in her current situation.
So, she simply replied to the man's obvious statement of truth with a dull “Yeah.”
The man smiled. He had a wide, wide smile. And better teeth than most his age- nice and taken care of- which surprised Ismene. She’d never seen teeth that nice before. Not perfectly white, but at least all present, and not yet yellowed completely by tobacco. The well-cared-for teeth were certainly strange, but nice to see.
His smile continued to shine, bright and full, as he approached the cage, with care.
“So, she speaks!” he exclaimed, an arm raising as if jolted by surprise, “I’m glad. That means Tattooed Missus No-Hair back there didn’t cut out your tongue, huh?”
Ismene gulped at that, and the man laughed, hands now working to quickly wave away the smell of fear that had begun emanating from the caged girl. “I joke, I joke! Honest,” he put both his hands over his heart, “I do that often. Too often, some might say! Haha! …Oh! But I am sorry if I scared you.”
Cautiously, Ismene watched the man move closer and closer to the cage, until he was leaning right against the bars of the door. She moved away from the exit, watching the man’s every movement, but the man only started whistling and made no other moves to come closer or reach out towards the girl.
Tapping an elbow against an iron bar, the man tried to synchronize his whistling and the dull iron ringing emitting from the bars, but failed, producing a slightly jarring, discordant sound which rang out in the small room. As Ismene winced and tried to think through the harsh attempt at music, the man spoke, easily.
“Girlie, maybe it’s best to cut to the chase here. I overheard my fellow gang members talking about what you’d told the old boss man- something about a mutant gang?” He met the girl’s eyes more directly, and his own dark irises sparkled with a deep, intense excitement. “Is it… really Eden?”
Ismene’s breath caught. She at first pulled the hood of her jacket closer over her face, draping it to hide her shock.
Eden? Really?
She momentarily wondered what rumors had already began swirling around the gang's mansion, for this man to think she somehow knew where Eden was-! The thoughts left a bad taste in her mouth; her being known as the "Eden girl" could bode nothing but bad news. Yet, perhaps the untrue rumors were a blessing in disguise, especially if…
Ismene lifted her hood from her face, meeting the man’s sparkly eyes with a passive, cool façade and much very real determination.
“Whether or not I know where Eden is,” she said while furtively gulping down all that anxious salvia pooling in her mouth, “depends on what my knowledge means for me, and what it could mean for, um, you.”
Despite her slight nervous faltering, the man only smiled wider. “Well, huh, I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know much about what knowledge, generally, is or means,” he began, his voice raising but spilling out controlled and measuredly. In an equally measured gesture, he slowly reached into his jean pockets and produced a small metal key.
“But, I know that Eden means freedom for most like you, doesn’t it?” the man grinned, all too innocently.
Eyes widening with hope, Ismene nodded.
“Your stuff and small horse thing is being kept in the barn behind the house,” the man confided in the girl, quickly after that nod of affirmation.
“…Mule?” Ismene corrected, blinking.
“Yeah, if that’s the small horse, okay,” the man said, brushing off the new information. He then gripped the bars, leaning his head against the cold iron as if he could squeeze himself in. “Give me a few minutes before heading up, get it? I’ll clear it out for you to sneak out. Don’t get caught and you’re in the clear, okay? But I’m not that worried.” Was it a trick of the light, or did Ismene see something glint in those bright, sunny eyes..? “…You seem like a smart and capable enough girlie, huh?” And with that and a wink and one cheery “Toodles!”, the man was gone, up the stairs, out of Ismene’s sight.
… Confused, the girl pulled at her hoodie.
The man had told her to sneak out after a few minutes, but he’d completely neglected to give her the key out of the cage…
Staring despondently at the bars, Ismene wondered just how trustworthy the guy was (by his default status as an apparently traitorous gang member, already not very) considering he’d forgotten a crucial step in his own crafted plan (which certainly brought down his already low trustworthiness score to near abysmal levels). Sometime between staring at the closed door in shock and patiently waiting for the guy to show back up and toss the key to her, Ismene finally noticed something hanging from the door that certainly wasn’t present before…
In the padlock of the door, the key was pressed in, nicely, snugly, and awaiting a girl’s lithe fingers to twist it open and release herself to freedom.
… If Ismene had no sense of urgency, she might’ve wondered how the guy was able to so skillfully maneuver two clunking pieces of metal together without causing a single sound or drawing attention to his actions, but Ismene did have a sense of urgency, and the overwhelming urgency for escape beckoned her faster than any distracting ponderings could.
With her next plan of action already rushing through her head, Ismene twisted the key in the padlock, swung the door open, and jumped out of the cage and into (relative, unassured for long) freedom.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 7 January 2017 at 5:29 PM

@dada_dragon
@takatheeducatedkid

~~~

Fang aimed better, now that the woman was creeping slowly across the desert ground. He pulled the trigger again, making sure to aim at the same leg he had hit earlier. The animal was now storming within several dozen feet of her. The air was hotter now, and he risked a quick glance at the sky. It was dark, and the sun had already made it's way below the horizon. That meant the heat must have been coming from-- The stallion reared suddenly, angry at the additional weight landing on it's backside.

He turned his upper body towards his new opponent, nearly losing balance off the animal. The stallion cried angrily again, shaking it's silky black mane in anger as it reared up once again. Both the rifle and the young man fell to the dusty ground with a thud, and the stallion, now free from it's weights, continued running forwards towards Indigo--unaware of the upcoming radiation zone.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 7 January 2017 at 5:46 PM

Indigo yelled out in pain as the second shot hit her. She was in an incredible amount of pain, but she was nearly there...

She heard the stallion before she saw it, its hooves pounding the earth like rhythmic thunder... she barely had time to look before it was upon her, accidentally kicking her as it ran over, winding her.

Any thought of getting to the radiation zone was immediately erased as she tried to catch her breath. She looked up, noticing that the horse had no rider... Had he ditched the horse to chase her on foot? It seemed unusual for him to do so...

@bunnyshadow

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 7 January 2017 at 9:34 PM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

~~~

As Creed lunged forward in full-teleport, he stumbled a bit and the horse reacted quickly to the sudden weight change. He had made it though, and moved to pull Fang away from his spot on the animal, but both he and his previous traveling companion had been reared off before he knew what was happening.

His body felt heavy from all of the recent strain he'd been putting on it--not to mention being thrown from a moving horse--but he managed to heave himself off of the ground despite the pain.

Since Fang's horse had already charged off at top speed there was no way Creed would catch up to it now, so the best course of action could only be to take care of the nearest threat, and he scanned to area quickly for any sign of Fang.

*Creed, the gun!* Arlo reminded his other half as Creed finally located Fang not far off.

Arlo was right, if Fang got the weapon first he would be in a tricky situation--and there was no talking his way out of any of this by now. Running on sheer adrenaline, he frantically glanced around for the rifle, paying no further attention to Fang's whereabouts as he looked for the weapon. Of course, it was just his luck that evening was falling fast, and he had to squint to see anything in the dark.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 8 January 2017 at 7:55 AM

@takatheeducatedkid
@dada_dragon

~~~

The rifle was the furthest from his mind as could be. His first worry was the stallion he had dropped quite a few pretty pennies on, and the second was the familiar flash of silver hair scrambling around a dozen or so feet away from him. He jumped up now.

There was no hesitation when he tackled Creed.

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 8 January 2017 at 11:45 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

~~~

Just when Creed thought he saw a dark object in the blotchy dried grass nearby, his sense of direction was thrown off by Fang tackling him to the ground. He struggled to push the other away, slinging several forceful punches when it proved more difficult than he'd have liked.

A familiar feeling was creeping closer, however, and a sense of urgency fell over him, causing Creed to fight more wildly for his freedom. With or without a weapon, he was determined not to lose this fight.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 8 January 2017 at 8:48 PM

@takatheeducatedkid

~~~

"What do you think you're doing?" Fang managed to yell out angrily, before the first of Creed's punches hit him square in the jaw. He reeled back in pain, but forced himself to continue the fight.

Fang ignored the second punch, though the wind was knocked out of him for a moment. He forced himself to focus in the dark. The man grunted as he attempted to force Creed's back deeper into the dirt while reaching up with his right hand and trying to strangle the silver haired man.

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 8 January 2017 at 10:27 PM

@bunnyshadow

~~~

"What does it look like?" Creed grunted with a slight grin when he had landed his first punch, "Not gonna find Eden if I'm stuck here-" he tried to finish, but Fang had tightly grasped his throat, and Creed immediately began struggling for air. He attempted to break free but it became increasingly harder as he began to feel his control slipping--a sensation he knew all too well.

*Guess I'm passing the baton...* he said grimly.

"Thanks." was the only thing Arlo could sarcastically choke out as he picked up where Creed had left off. He was determined to make his own attempt at gaining their freedom, and he didn't want to let it end here.

Arlo knew he couldn't teleport in this situation, but there was still a use for the ability--it had a force to it that might help him break free. After all, there were few options left...

Closing his eyes, he focused fully on his power and shifted forward.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 8 January 2017 at 10:46 PM

@takatheeducatedkid

~~~

"What the h--" Fang was cut off when he was thrown backwards forcefully. The word Eden sure peaked his interest, and he tore himself away from Arlo. He attempted to regain his footing, taking in several deep breaths as he did so.

"Eden." He choked out through his heavy breathing. "I managed to get a map from one of those thugs in the camp."

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 8 January 2017 at 11:05 PM

@bunnyshadow

~~~

Arlo coughed for a good while, holding his neck as he got into a safer defensive position on two feet. Warily, he took a step back from the other, gasping a bit before speaking in a somewhat raspy voice, "You sure it's real?" he asked between coughs.

*Yeah I'd love to believe that, buddy.* Creed said in a snide tone, knowing Fang couldn't hear him.

"...and if so, why are you telling me?" Arlo continued questioning doubtfully, regaining his composure a bit. The only thing that made him curious was the fact that Fang had actually ceased trying to eliminate him to give this strange information. Was he hoping to get some kind of team together?

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 8 January 2017 at 11:39 PM

@takatheeducatedkid
@dada_dragon

~~~

"We have the same goal then, yeah?" Fang said, eyeing Arlo warily as the other man maintained distance. He paused now, thinking heavily on his next words. If he managed to convince this silver haired mutant to tag along, it could make the journey much more interesting, and a lot easier as well.

He reached into his pocket now, slowly pulling out the folded up map. "I didn't have a chance to take a good look at it earlier..." Fang trailed off, clearing his throat. "Regardless, you're going to have to come with me. I purchased all 3 of you."

Suddenly remembering the woman, he turned around, searching the dusty earth for Indigo. He could see the shape of her on the ground a bit away, and his eyes grazed over her body in search of his black stallion.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 8 January 2017 at 11:59 PM

Indigo struggled to a semi-seated position, her leg burning with fiery-hot pain. She looked down at her leg. She was getting nowhere fast on it... She needed help badly, but she doubted that man was going to help her.

It was dark, and she could hardly see. Perhaps she lost the man, but she doubted it... The metal mask was growing increasingly uncomfortable, the warm air causing her to sweat and dirt from her fall working its way into the mask, rubbing roughly against her skin.

She began to drag herself again, having few remaining options. She moved much slower than before... each movement bringing intense agony.

@bunnyshadow
@takatheeducatedkid

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 9 January 2017 at 11:15 PM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

~~~

Arlo's heart skipped a beat at the sight of the map, but he still hesitated to believe it could be real. Fang admitted he wasn't sure if it was legit either though, which was actually an honest comment if he'd ever heard one from the shady character.

However, Fang's last sentence was a complete turnoff for Arlo. "Oh did you?" he said in an angered tone, "Let me make this perfectly clear--whatever fool's deal you made with those thugs does not apply me, and certainly not to anyone else."

Arlo expected some kind of protest, but he realized that Fang's attention was drawn to Indigo, who was moving nowhere fast with an injury in the distance. He had no plans involving waiting to see what the other's intentions really were--instead he shifted quickly toward Indigo's location, though he didn't want her to think he was Fang catching up to her, so he spoke calmly before holding out a hand to help her up. "Indigo. It's me, Arlo." he assured her. He kept his eyes fixed on Fang of course, knowing how unpredictable the man was, and the statement he had just made had said a lot, at least in Arlo's eyes, about his views as a human being.

*Arlo?* Creed interjected suddenly.

"I didn't ask for your opinion on this, Creed." Arlo replied in a low voice.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 10 January 2017 at 4:23 AM

@dada_dragon
@takatheeducatedkid

~~~

Fang scoffed at Arlo's attitude. How the silver haired man felt about the situation mattered about as much to him as the poor woman crawling across the sand like a starving desert beetle. Fang tucked the map away, focusing his attention on his two new acquaintances. He scanned the horizon again in search of the animal while Arlo was busy taking care of Indigo.

The man spotted his rifle laying a bit away on the cracked earth, and he picked it up in one swift move. He stepped over towards Arlo and Indigo, eyes cast indifferently at the pair.

"You know where my horse went, Indigo?" He questioned, speaking her name in a manner that was perhaps a bit too friendly considering their situation.