[Private Roleplay] ~ Eternal Eden

in Roleplaying

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 10 January 2017 at 8:18 AM

Indigo looked up at them, taking a minute to interpret their words. She was beginning to feel light-headed.

"It went into the radiation zone." She said finally, her voice muffled by the mask, and too delirious to bother refusing to speak to him.

Arlo seemed to be arguing with someone called "Creed", though she didn't see anyone else. Perhaps there was a third person just out of sight in the darkness...

"My leg..." she said, her words slow and growing weaker.

@bunnyshadow
@takatheeducatedkid

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 10 January 2017 at 10:22 AM

((For some reason there's a double post, so just ignore this!!!))

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 10 January 2017 at 10:22 AM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

~~~

When Fang seemed more worried about his horse than what anyone else was doing, Arlo felt a bit more at ease about the situation. He didn't appear to hold any more hostility toward them--though he wasn't a fan of the other's reasons.

Indigo mentioned her leg, which clearly needed treatment, but he didn't have access to any medical supplies, much less ones for treating bullet wounds. She was bleeding badly, though, and the fact that she was losing consciousness was a bad sign. Tearing a piece from his already tattered long scarf, Arlo began to wrap it around her leg to stop the bleeding.

*Arlo.* Creed repeated, still trying to get his attention.

"You don't really need my acknowledgement to make annoying comments, so just say it already." Arlo conceded.

*You left my knives behind.*

Arlo finished tightening the makeshift bandage on Indigo's bullet wounds. "Is that seriously what you're worried about right now?" He was getting tired of Creed's random selfish commentary, but the mention of his weapons did give him an idea.

"Those guys are under the impression that you purchased us, right?" Arlo asked Fang, but he didn't wait for a response, "That means you can get Indigo treatment."

He paused before adding, "...and my knives."

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 10 January 2017 at 11:04 AM

@dada_dragon
@takatheeducatedkid

~~~

Fang laughed incredulously at Arlo's words, completely astonished that he would even suggest something like that. "Are you out of your mind?" He asked, raising his voice. "Your knives maybe I could do. Treatment? That's something you pay for out of your own pocket..." Fang trailed off, chuckling uncomfortably at the idea of heading back.

"Once money passes hands, they couldn't care less what happens to anybody." He gestured around him in annoyance at Arlo's chivalry, but then again, the idea of that woman dying so soon did bother him significantly.

He paused, before arching a brow and looking over at Creed. "However, since I very well do need to pick up the big guy... I'm willing to do it." Fang paused, his lips tilting upwards in a victorious smirk.

"But I refuse to do it unless you find my stallion and give him back to me. It has my packs and my belongings. I could probably scavenge enough money from them to get her the treatment she needs."

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 10 January 2017 at 6:21 PM

@bunnyshadow
@dada_dragon

~~~

Arlo hesitated for a moment, wondering if he'd actually be able to find the runaway horse, but at the same time he knew that he wasn't going to get a better offer, and now Fang had just revealed that the third person he'd "purchased" was in fact Shimon--who Arlo had been trying to convince Creed to go back for earlier when he wasn't in control. In fact, there was more to lose if he didn't agree to Fang's terms.

He exhaled in slight regret for the fact that he was again roped into working alongside Fang, "Deal."

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 10 January 2017 at 9:07 PM

The strange man had said that Ariel the mule and the rest of her livelihood was being kept in the barn out back, but as she snuck through the shadowy hallways of the house, Ismene knew she couldn’t go get them.
Most likely, the man was awaiting her there. She wasn’t about to escape the confines of one man just to be trapped with another one, no way.
So, against all fear, Ismene moved through the house aiming to leave the way she came in- through the front door.
The small lantern-lit corridors provided little room to hide in, but thankfully, the man had apparently done his job well, for Ismene saw not one human body as she crept on top the creaky floorboards. She began to feel a swell of hope as she reached the room where Lucky Leroy had conversed with her and found it similarly emptied of all warm bodies. The only thing staring at her was the hallowed eyed, mutant bear skull hanging at the back of the room… Ismene had a horrible flash of imagination involving her own head hanging among those of the other mutants, and she gagged.
“So, what’s this big ruckus outside, huh?”
Ismene flinched, the voice resonating into the room from down the hallway she’d just came out of.
“I dunno, some petty mutant fight o’ sumthing, heck if anybody ever tells ole’ Ronnie ‘bout anything uh?”
Diving behind a worn sofa, Ismene cowered, pulling into herself as if becoming smaller would prevent anyone from discovering her presence.
She listened, attentively, as the owners of those two masculine voices stepped across the room. They were coming… particularly close to her, and fear seized her, and she knew they were just going to lean over the couch and see her, and-
They sat on the couch instead, laughing about their slacking off and conversing, almost too softly.
“Yeah, guess we’re the only ones not out there, ey?”
“Seems like that’s the truth.”
It went quiet, and Ismene waited, tensed and expecting the conversation to continue, but strangely enough, it didn’t. Instead, she heard something that sounded vastly different from the beginnings of a friendly conversation, and the tips of Ismene’s ears turned pink as she it dawned upon her that she needed to get out of the room ASAP.
She waited a few more painful moments before carefully cautioning a move to her left-
Creeeeeaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkk
Ismene winced at the noise, cursed the dry woodened flooring, and then the weight on the couch shifted as one of the men stood up.
“What was-” he stuttered out, but Ismene was gone, already launching herself halfway across the room, stumbling past side tables and ratty chairs, she was so close to the hallway leading out through the main door, so close, and-
“Come ‘ere!” She yelped in pain and surprise as a large hand grabbed the back of her hood and yanked harshly, choking her. The grip remained, then loosened, only to tighten with a greater savagery on her throat.
“…Wait a minute…” the man frowned, and Ismene could only gag pathetically as he held her near and studied her face. His breath smelt like Spam and tobacco, and that disgusting odor huffed right in her face as he shouted out, “Ey! Ey, Ronnie! It’s the girl we threw in the basement!”
Ismene struggled against the hand, her own small fingers wrapping around the man’s wrists and tagging with all her might, but to no avail. Her flailing shadow cast itself on the wall behind her, a lantern on a side table illuminating her failure to break free.
“Really?” the other man, Ronnie, apparently, said, walking over. “That ugly one?”
As the man holding her chuckled at this, Ismene noticed the glint of vicious fire in his eyes, and it scared her. Fire, fire like that scared her. But- she realized as she glanced at the lantern on the side table, the one just in reach- fire frightened everyone, right?
Summoning all her energy, Ismene gave a particular strong kick of her legs, swiping them out knocking them into the side table. Jolted, the side table fell over and the lantern on it fell, tumbling down onto the floor and breaking with a crash. Oil and flame met on dried floorboards and exploded up, all around, black smoke and heat filling the room within seconds. Of course the man had dropped his grip on her now, and Ismene took the chance for freedom for all it was worth, stumbling blindly in the direction she thought the front door was.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 14 March 2017 at 1:38 PM

@takatheeducatedkid
@dada_dragon
@taffy789
@asi

~~~

"Let's go then." Fang said with a wide grin. He bent down, struggling only momentarily to heft Indigo up and shift her over his shoulder, giving no heed to if he would hurt her leg in the process of not. The young man turned towards the distance, eyes searching for where he had come from. The camp was but a speck in the distance, and he began the trekk back.

Turning slightly, he shouted at Arlo over his shoulder. "I better see you here when I'm back, or I'm tearing this woman to shreds." His threat now in the air, he began towards the camp, pace swift as night continued to fall.

It took a while to reach the camp, not a particularly long while, but still a while. There was some ruckus inside, and he noticed that the two guards outside the gate seemed on edge.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Don't know..."

"Let me in." Fang said, motioning to Indigo. "I still need to get the big one."

It took a bit of convincing, and after he got in, he noticed the column of smoke billowing up from one of the buildings. He saw several mutants struggling against their restraints, but overlooked them to dart over to the towering figure that had thrown a stall at him not too long ago.

"Wake him up. I'll be back in a second." Fang muttered quickly as he put the woman down, perhaps a bit too roughly.

Hands and arms free of her weight now, head lowered, he darted towards one of the first buildings he saw. The fire was spreading to a second shack now, and he slid through the door, shoveling through what cabinets and drawers he could find, in search for medical supplies--which was his primary goal, but now that he was actually stealing, he was also in search for anything that interested him, which included gold, bullets, and more.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 30 March 2017 at 11:42 PM

The comforting darkness blanketed the town, the cool night air shifting languidly. The dusty smell the air carried slowly changed, carrying the tang of... Smoke?

Jovian opened his eyes, his curiosity piqued. His honey eyes drifted toward the rooftops, where he could just make out faint embers tumbling through the smokey air. The glow against the billows of thick air was dim, but enough that it was out of the ordinary. It couldn't be a controlled pit of fire.

The young man pulled himself up, a little rocky. Curiosity lent him speed, however, and he strolled briskly through the streets in the direction of the more criminal part of town. It was all a welcome distraction. He would never admit it, but Jovian had a thirst for danger. Deep down, he knew the adrenaline was a trade off.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 31 March 2017 at 12:48 AM

Indigo sat up slowly, her head spinning. As Vladan disappeared from sight, she looked beside her to see...

"Shimon..."

She reached out to touch his shoulder, but flinched and cried out as pain shot through her leg.

She could smell the smoke from a nearby fire, even through the mask. What was going on...?

"Shimon?"

@bunnyshadow
@asi
@poe
@taffy789
@takatheeducatedkid

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 31 March 2017 at 5:19 AM

The thick, heavy blanket of darkness that covered his consciousness had hugged and squeezed. It had weighed on him, held him down, but also seemed to have kept him feeling pleasantly warm. Like a too tight but snug sleeping bag. There was no way he could keep being cooped up in something that small, but it was too hard to leave. It strangled, stifled, suffocated, but smelled so sweet... like a perfectly blended tea. It made him weak, in the good way.
But something was off about that sweetness, too. It was too strong, then sickly and chemical, overwhelming his senses, like his head had been shoved underwater and then the water was yanked away, or he from it, and then he smelled something completely different. Smoke of a fire. The sharp, acrid scent stung at his nose and when he inhaled, something inside the man rejected it suddenly, and with violent prejudice.
His resounding cough was loud as a gunshot and sent a shudder throughout his entire body. Shimon's eyelashes immediately fluttered open, hazel eyes darting frantically around the room as they attempted hopeless to take hold of his surroundings. Instead, they passed over everything, seeing only flashes of color, registering less and understanding nothing.
Shimon was in a panic, his body felt abnormally heavy and his mind much too sluggish to combat that with reason and begin to make sense of the situation. So, instead, he lashed out. Naturally expecting any restraints he was burdened with to disintegrate without a moment's resistance, bonds crumbling like stringy Twinkie-brand cheese, but-
They didn't. His wide, wild eyes finally succeeded in finding the chains that wound around his wrists and more, yet his weakened limbs seem to do little more than find the strength to make them jingle a bit under his panicking mind's control. Shimon was shaking, helpless.
As for the other captured mutants, there was just one left. The thin, willowy, inconsolable figures seemed to have vanished, dragged away when the men of the gang had cleared out, gone to investigate the fire- or something. The one remaining was the healer. Wrists and ankles simply bound by rope, he was struggling to crawl along the floor, task made difficult by how with every desperate wriggle he was rubbing his nose into the ground. Somehow he still didn't seem to have realized it was horribly broken.

Elsewhere in the thugs' den, the miser Gerald had been whistling to himself a pretty tune, coins just as pretty jingling along in time from inside his pockets, when he encountered the raging fire just quitting a room on the left-hand side of the corridor ahead. To say that Gerald was surprised to meet THAT leaving a room during his home-going stroll through the disreputable establishment he helped run was an excruciating understatement.
Gerald nearly jumped out of his skin. "What's this?!" he spluttered, hands grappling with whatever he had left of his oily hair.
Then he spotted an awkward, misshapen figure, stumbling out of the billowing fumes as if blind, and towards him no less.

@dada_dragon
@taffy789
@bunnyshadow
@poe
@takatheeducatedkid

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 24 April 2017 at 6:08 PM

The firelight lead Jovian through the winding streets, closer and closer to the fortress he knew was the headquarters of the Quarantined. He'd been there only once on the government's behalf to glean any information he could about the gang and their activities. To this day he wasn't privy as to why the government wanted the information, since it certainly wasn't to help anyone here.

His pace slowed as he neared the tall walls topped with extensive barbed wire. In the dim light he could vaguely see the walls were coated in a variety of crass graffiti and the gang's sign of an X through the letter Q. The walls were weathered enough to ascend, but the barbed wire wasn't worth the immense hassle. Jovian made his way toward the front entrance, constantly aware of his surroundings. Jovian meandered around to the gates, keeping at a distance while he formulated a plan to enter. If he made a move, he might find something worthwhile inside, or perhaps help someone out. He knew there were prisoners of all kinds locked up in the fortress-like building, and it was unlikely they would all make it out. The place would probably burn to the ground before the night was over.

The gates were open, letting gang members who valued their lives scurry off into the dark to squat elsewhere. Jovian carefully maneuvered around the deserters, noting the somewhat distracted guards who were clearly wondering what was going on inside. There were just enough bodies around for camouflage that the guards didn't notice Jovian until he was between the gates.

"'Ey! You!" One of the guards shouted when he spotted the man sneaking in. The guards however, were predictable, and that was Jovian's advantage. He could run enough scenarios fast enough through his mind he couldn't be surprised by their next moves.

Nimbly, Jovian danced out of the guard's reach and dove into the tumultuous scene inside the camp, escaping anyone's notice by disappearing into the throngs of confused criminals.

@dada_dragon
@taffy789
@bunnyshadow
@asi
@takatheeducatedkid
((Casually changing my character's name))

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 26 April 2017 at 4:26 AM

"Shimon!" Indigo yelled, fighting back the immense pain and increasing dizziness she was feeling. She had no time for this. The smoke was beginning to make breathing difficult and she knew she had to set him loose before it got much worse...

Maybe they could even get loose before their "rescuer" got back... she didn't much fancy that one...

"If you relax a second, I'll do my best to pick the lock on your cuffs..." she said, somewhat irritated. "But if you keep thrashing around, I'll leave."

It was an empty threat... she wasn't going to get far on one leg and she was already struggling to stay conscious as it was...

@bunnyshadow
@asi
@poe
@takatheeducatedkid
@taffy789

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 26 April 2017 at 6:18 AM

Hearing Indigo's words, and his heavy and leaden head slowly processing them, Shimon stilled as directed, though his hazel eyes continued to dart around in a panicked search for sense in his surroundings... Though he was much too disoriented to grasp anything further than the obvious visual reality, and even that-
His eyes properly focused on the woman in front of him, now.
"Indy... Indigy..." Even his tongue felt thick and hard to use, numb from all the sickly sweetness of earlier, still lingering. He managed, "W-what's going on, where are we?" Shimon coughed with painful force, inhaling smoke.
He still couldn't understand why his steel, chain restraints hadn't just snapped open under his will, but he resisted further attempts for fear of causing Indigo further inconvenience.

@dada_dragon

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 26 April 2017 at 12:02 PM

Indigo turned over the hem of her shirt, pulling a pin out from the seam. She had found it useful for getting into locked buildings to scavenge... hopefully this lock would work similarly...

"Those guys from the market captured us and sold us to that guy you were throwing things at." She said, patiently working on the lock. "He's gone to do heaven knows what, so we're going to get out of here before he gets back... hopefully..."

She was making progress on the lock, but the last pin was stubborn...

"I'm taking this chain when I get it off you... I can get a fairly good price for- AGH."

She had moved to get a better angle on the lock, sending a shooting pain up her leg. She sat for a second, letting the wave of pain fade back to a searing, but manageable burn before continuing.

"I can get a good price for it."

@asi
@bunnyshadow
@taffy789
@takatheedcuatedkid
@poe

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 26 April 2017 at 9:17 PM

With Indigo talking calmly and patiently to him, Shimon was slowly soothed out of the panic brought on by his sudden and unfamiliar surroundings, his bonds, his personal weakness, and the thick smoke beginning to permeate the air.
He was subsequently very impressed with the ability Indigo displayed in managing to work on his lock with only a pin in hand. Although lock-picking was obviously a common and crucial skill for many in the post-apocalyptic age, especially scavengers, Shimon's neighbor had often needed several long minutes and two paperclips or bobby pins to pick anything. Shimon himself had been hopelessly incompetent at the skill, his large hands not possessing the delicacy needed to work with things so small and fiddly. It hadn't mattered for him though, because he'd tended to just bust through any door with his overwhelming strength...
Shimon frowned at the girl, a very stern and scary look, when she cried out and froze for several moments, apparently in pain. "You're injured, then..." While being able to worry about the profitability of chains was a nice thought, Shimon rather thought they had other priorities.
He spotted the struggling healer, still bound at his ankles and wrists by thick rope, having just made it near one door frame of many that the large room possessed. That boy had enough blood on his face from his wounded nose that it looked like he had to have trouble seeing, and breathing.
"Is he going the right way? Is there anyone else we need to help?" he questioned Indigo nervously, glancing around the room yet again, blowing some blond hair out of the corners of his vision when it bothered him.
Then, if Shimon hadn't needed to keep his hands still for Indigo's sake, he would have slapped one onto his forehead, hard. There was a reason he wasn't able to help anyone as he was, and that was because locks were really truly difficult to pick with only one pin. And he had a pin himself, just one.
"Ah, Indy!" he called out for her attention, gesturing with his head down towards his left. "In my pocket, I've a bobby pin... That'd be much easier right?"
It had a small plastic gem decoration in the shape of a heart at the bendy end, because it had belonged to one of his little sisters, but Shimon was sure it would work well, because it had been one of the tools she'd supposed to have been practicing with. She'd just handed it to him before she-... Well.

@dada_dragon

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 27 April 2017 at 12:38 AM

Indigo retrieved the pin, looking it over briefly before going back to work. She doubted Shimon had any practical use for it, so it must have had some sort of sentimental value... Not that she cared... sentimentality was a distraction she'd learned to live without.

She glanced up at the escaping enabled that Shimon had pointed out. He was heading for an exit, but one that only lead closer to the center of the chaos.

"You might want to try the exit on your left." She called to the man nonchalantly, not bothering to look up to see if he'd heard her.

"I don't know if there's anyone who still needs help, but they're none of my concern. You're lucky I didn't just leave you behind..."

She was lying, of course... she was using him... she couldn't escape alone with her injuries... and despite her facade, she wasn't entirely numb to the cruelty of what she was doing... but she'd learned to live with that guilt a long time ago...

She made quick work of the lock and pulled the chain free, wrapping it around her shoulder.

She reached behind her head, fitting the pins into the lock on the metal mask on her face. After a few minutes, she got it loose, pulling it free from her face.

"That's much better..." she said, sitting back, leaning on a beam. The dizziness was overwhelming now... "We need to get out of here..."

@asi

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 27 April 2017 at 8:05 PM

The healer seemed to get jolted back into reality by Indigo's words to him. He paused, leaning heavily against the door frame to prop his trussed-up self from the floor, and lifted his tightly tied hands up to his face. He cursed a few times, but with a little effort, he seemed to sort out his nose with his healing powers. He wiped away some of the blood from it, too, although it remained smeared on his hands afterwards.
This much accomplished, he managed to yell back at the two still in the center of the room; "I don't care! I'm going after my brother!" before recklessly hobbling off through the doorway, deeper into the gang's facility, though his movement was severely curtailed by his bound feet.
"..." Shimon felt something was maybe seriously wrong about watching the other prisoner stagger off into the darkness, but he was still disorientated about this whole place, and lacked the knowledge to yell out advice against this.
In any case, he was shortly freed by Indigo, and shakily Shimon stood, drawing up to his full, terrifying height, looming above the younger, and much smaller woman. He glowered down at her, forming a frightening vision that would make grown men tremble and cry, as he tentatively flexed his wrists, testing where his skin had been marked and his muscles had been stretched by the press of the chains. Although he felt much weaker and clumsy than normal, everything else seemed in working order, if a little sore in some places.
Given that, although breaking steel chains was out of the question, hefting a scrawny girl like Indigo into a bridal carry? Even taking note of her wounded leg, it was absolutely no problem at all! He picked her up like she was no more than a simple rag doll, his muscles supported her with the utmost ease, and all Shimon had to concentrate on was walking steadily and holding her lightly, without any pressure on Indigo.
"You're right," he agreed with her in a low, brusque-sounding tone, hoarsened by the smoke. "I'll get you out of here, first," Shimon said, as he made for the exit Indigo had instructed the healer to take, although that one had instead foolishly headed to the right...

@dada_dragon
@poe

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 28 April 2017 at 10:00 AM

*This day just keeps on getting better.* Creed said in a sarcastic tone as Arlo searched around in the darkness for Fang's stallion.

"I don't suppose Fang trained his horse to come running when you whistle." Arlo chuckled wearily to himself, not really paying his other half any mind.

*Well, he wouldn't have sent you to personally locate the beast if it were that easy.* Creed commented, somewhat amused at Arlo's displeasure.

"I suppose you're right." Arlo concluded. His search had been going for a while now, and he wondered how Indigo was faring; whether Fang was getting her treatment. Arlo had searched most of the area, but he still hadn't checked the space just outside the radiation zone yet, and he sighed at realizing it was the last place for him to look. He had really hoped to avoid contact with any more radiation than was already pumped into his second personality.

*Great, power-ups!* Creed said excitedly, *I love radiation zones!*

Although he obviously couldn't see Creed, Arlo could almost feel the other grinning as he spoke, and he was clearly drunk with the idea of gaining control. "You pepped up quickly..." Arlo commented uneasily. His eyes scanned the area around him, though it was hard to locate a dark-colored horse when it was so late already.

*Oh look, there he is! Such a shame for you that he's so far in.* Creed suddenly alerted him.

Arlo sighed, "Enough of your jokes, Creed. I'm not going into the radiation zone for nothi-" he paused as he caught sight of the stallion in the distance, just as his other half had stated.

*I'm so hurt, I wish you would trust me more.* Creed replied with an exaggerated sigh.

Arlo rolled his eyes before moving as close as he could to the edge of the radiated area. There were beat-up danger signs and old barbed wire set up to mark the outer edge, but it was an inconsistent wall that had been hap-hazardly set--likely due to the fact that whoever set it up did not want to expose themselves to the effects of the area. It got the point across though, so it didn't really matter whether it looked good.

He was hesitant to take any steps forward, so he called out in a friendly voice to lure the animal over. "Hey there...!"

The horse looked up from the patch of dead grass it had been nipping at and stared at Arlo as Creed chuckled to himself, amused at the situation.

"Come here, come here!" Arlo continued, waving the stallion over. It remained motionless though, still staring at him as he made a fool of himself trying to get it to come to him.

After a while, Creed quieted down, growing weary of the other's constant attempts to avoid entering the radiation zone. *You're going to have to go in there.* he said seriously.

"Hold on, he's paying attention--I think he moved a bit!" Arlo replied nervously, holding onto the hope that he could get the animal to approach him.

*Go in already!* Creed snapped.

Arlo winced at Creed's sudden outburst, and the horse, hearing nothing more, looked down again having lost interest in the man that had been talking to it. There was only one thing Arlo could think of left to try, though it was a long-shot. He put his hand to his mouth and whistled loudly, to which Fang's stallion responded by doing something he hadn't actually expected...

It came charging towards him.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 28 April 2017 at 8:10 PM

The Quarantined gang leader, Lucky Leroy, had been in the middle of demoting a few guardsmen for apparently allowing a loud fight to break out at the mutant auctioning house when the alarmed, pale faces of those he was scolding prompted him to turn around just in time to see his wonderful mansion catch alight.
His body went ridged, his shoulders stiffened, and his hook-hand gleamed dangerously in the sunlight.
Noticing the dark shift in their boss, the guardsmen took their chance to slink away before that famous fury directed itself back towards them…
But sadly, they didn’t get far.
Sharp as a knife, Lucky Leroy hissed something out to his bodyguard, that frightening, bald and tattooed woman that every gang member in the camp rightfully feared and avoided crossing paths with.
The command sounded a lot like, “Take those two get them to help you reinforce the camp’s exits. I don’t want anyone else getting in and out until I have the head of whoever did this.”
Nodding, the bald, tattooed lady pushed herself off the wall she’d been leaning on and stormed over to the two guardsmen, who shook and quaked and felt all faint, all of a sudden. Ignoring how pale the two were, the bald lady grabbed them by the scruffs of their necks and dragged them off to help her rally the other guards to the camp’s exits, and Lucky Leroy, face a mask of fury, walked in the opposite direction, storming back up to his burning mansion.

Coughing and on fire, Ismene squinted through the smoke and flame as she roughly pushed past the spluttering Gerald and towards the front door.
She pushed it open and the two guards standing at the entrance jumped backwards as the flaming girl tumbled down the front steps and landed in the dirt, instinctively rolling to prevent the rest of her now tattered hoodie to burning into ash.
Ismene’s mutations had luckily prevented her from being burnt to a crisp, but she hadn’t been lucky enough to avoid being seen by the man quickly pushing his way to the curious crowd of gang members, slavers, and other unsavory characters that was forming a half circle around the burning mansion.
As Ismene lifted her head from the dirt, she made direct eye contact with this man, and her stomach dropped when the sunlight glinted off that polished hook blinded her in one eye.
Even more harrowing were the words he shouted, furiously, up to the gang members which stood dumbly at the entrance of the burning mansion, “GET HER!”
Her heart racing, Ismene quickly began to scramble to her feet.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 29 April 2017 at 8:03 PM

Carefully, Jovian tried to blend in with the shifting crowd. Guards began enforcing order, and he watched the scruffy lot resign as the front gates were closed preventing entry and exit. That could pose a challenge for him... His mind began working over time on an exit strategy for the future when he caught sight of the unmistakable Lucky Leroy with his hook.

"GET HER!" The man roared, and between the bodies around him, Jovian spotted the figure on the ground scrambling.

Jovian swiftly wove through the throngs of rushing men and women as if the movements were choreographed. He pushed to get ahead, just reaching the front of the pack as it was nearly upon the girl.

"Hey!" He exclaimed, hoping she'd catch his sympathetic gaze. If Lucky Leroy wanted her dead, she probably deserved the help. She looked burned, perhaps she was even responsible for the fire. Escape was so far past a simple long shot, but Jovian had a long record of being careless with his life and jumping into the worst situations for the thrill of it.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 30 April 2017 at 5:35 PM

Indigo closed her eyes, fighting back the nausea from the combination of dizziness, pain, and movement. Shimon was obviously trying his very best to be careful, so she didn't complain. He didn't need her - she was the one who needed his help.

She could hear lots of yelling coming from where they'd come. If she remembered correctly, they shouldn't be too far from the exit...

The smell of burnt wood met her nose. She opened her eyes, looking up. There was only one room between them and the outside, and it was on fire. The flames had spread much faster than she had expected... the room still looked fairly stable, but...

"Shimon... I need you to cover my mouth and nose before we go in there... My breath is incredibly flammable... I don't want to risk making things worse... or hurting myself or you..." she said. "It might be fine, but it isn't worth the risk..."

@asi

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 1 May 2017 at 8:36 AM

As the horse galloped straight for him, Arlo knew that if he jumped out of the way, the unruly animal might continue running until it reached the gang's hideout, so he did the first thing he could think of. Grabbing hold of the stallion's neck, he allowed himself to get pulled along with it, now dangling precariously as it continued charging onwards despite the extra weight. With the help of a quick shift, he was able to swing himself to the horse's back, grabbing the reigns as he did so.

Now that he was seated like any normal horse rider, things would be much easier. Arlo urged the horse to move faster forward, hoping to reach Fang as the man presumably left the gang's headquarters if all was going well--but something up ahead made him slow down again as he approached the area outside the gate. Dark smoke billowed into the air, only visible against the night sky from the deadly orange highlights of the raging fire below.

The horse came to a stop and shifted its body in an antsy manner, spooked by the smoke and flames. Arlo patted the animal's neck assuringly to calm it down, and looked toward the gate, which they appeared to be closing up now for some reason.

*I think something's gone horribly wrong, just saying.* Creed commented casually.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 1 May 2017 at 9:15 AM

"Mm," he frowned in response, trying to think up a solution with his brain functioning at less than full. Shimon still didn't suppose shoving her face into the shoulder of his shirt would be very effective, so he thought a little harder then asked; "With that mask again?"
She'd been wearing it when she first appeared over him, waking him up, though he'd managed to recognize her anyway, by form and voice... Shimon finally spotted it hanging from around her shoulder. "Hold on," he instructed her briefly, before starting to shift his grip on her towards holding Indigo with just one big arm, supporting under her back and legs and cupping her to his broad, firm chest, but-
Shimon had a moment of doubt wherein he wasn't sure he'd be able to easily carry her with one arm like that, since it probably wasn't a feat an ordinary human would be capable of... And he wasn't feeling extraordinary today, given how weak and under-the-weather he'd felt since regaining consciousness a few minutes ago... But putting the girl down and picking her up again appealed very little, considering her state and also what a bother that would be! Indigo being such a featherweight, he couldn't imagine ever dropping her, so-
So Shimon gave a low hum and did it anyway, freeing his right hand. He'd want one the limb to venture into the somewhat-on-fire room anyway, in case he found he had to clear something, or... encountered another obstacle.
This fitted that criteria as well. The next step turned out to be staring with some confusion at the metal mask Indigo had managed to unlock from her face. The fastening at the back looked a little bewildering from this angle, since Shimon hardly had a good view of the thing. He fitted it carefully over her face with his right hand, but then wasn't able to secure it.
"How does this work?" Shimon growled in irritation when the mask didn't seem to want to stay in place, his big hand too clumsy to fix it, and unwilling to exert any force for fear of harming Indigo.

@dada_dragon

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 1 May 2017 at 10:21 AM

Indigo reached behind her head, taking hold of the fastenings from Shimon.

He was now holding her with one arm, which impressed Indigo. It was like she didn't weigh anything, not that her lifestyle permitted her to have much weight to begin with...

After a couple of attempts complicated by waves of dizziness that made it difficult to focus, she managed to close it, but didn't lock it.

"Okay. I'm good now." She told Shimon. "Just don't stick around in this room too long. The mask is metal, so it's gonna heat up quickly. If my breath doesn't burn me, the mask certainly will..."

@asi

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 1 May 2017 at 10:10 PM

@dada_dragon
@poe @asi
@taffy 789
@takatheeducatedkid

~~~

He tossed another few items swiftly into the leather knapsack that he had found hidden inside one of the wood cabinets throughout his quick search. A roll of bandages, a old bottle of pills, moldy tape, an empty canteen and two pouches tinkling with what little coins lay inside. The smoke had thickened, and Fang began to find it hard to breathe inside the cramped space of the burning hut. There was a loud crack, and a burning piece of roof collapsed across the room. Time was running low, and the young man settled for opening one more cabinet.

Fang tugged at the handle, and it clicked angrily against it's lock. Sliding one of his knives out of his belt, he cracked the butt of the weapon against the lock. It held for a moment, then gave way after one, then two more heavy hits. He slid open the cabinet, and found a book. Bound tightly with some sort of makeshift rope. Without time to waste, he shoved the book inside, allowing it to fall and congregate at the bottom of the knapsack with the other junk he had stolen.

Darting out of the flaming shack now, his wild eyes searched the camp, using the light from the roaring fire to lead him to Indigo and the burly man she stood besides.. just in time to see the large man pick her up and make a break for the exit.

Brows furrowed in irritation now, he ran after them. Luckily for him, nobody was idiotic enough to attempt to stop him. Everyone was either preoccupied with stabilizing the more dangerous mutants struggling against their restraints, or running for the safety of the desert. Having been momentarily distracted, he lost sight of the large man, and he shook his head back in forth, before making the split second decision that his own life was more important than either or even both of theirs.

Fang bolted through the exit, lowering his head so that he was as unnoticeable as possible past the crowd of smelly criminals surging in and out of the gang's facility. Bursting out into the open, he took several large breaths, and though they were significantly fresher than the air inside the camp, it was still laced with smoke and ash. He barreled forwards into the desert, eyes darting around with a paranoia only someone like him could ever have.

Spotting a horse and it's rider in the distance, he made his way over, and to his luck, it just so happened to be Arlo and his stallion, instead of another blood thirsty gang member lurking around the Quarantined's grounds. Fang dropped the sack on the ground, and the items inside clinked together satisfactorily as he spoke.

"That idiot girl and the man ran off to who knows where. I have medical supplies for her, but that's only if she can manage out of the camp..." He trailed off, taking a gulp of breath in an attempt to calm his racing heart. "We can give them a bit more to make it out, but should we wait further, I doubt we'll remain unnoticed by our enemies."

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 2 May 2017 at 8:11 PM

Behind Ismene, the mansion crumbled and quaked, showering embers and burning debris on the crowd below and belching a continuous thick, inky black cloud of ash into the sunset sky.
Ismene watched the crowd retreat back in fear of the fire as the two guards standing by the door came rushing to her on their boss’s orders. Ismene swiveled her head about for some avenue of escape and saw Lucky Leroy glaring at her, saw some other guy shooting “Hey!” and waving her over, saw a burning piece of timber a few feet to her right…
Not trusting the waving man nor wanting to see that hook close-up again, she lunged for the flaming piece of wood and took hold of it in her bare hands. Then, waving it threateningly in front of herself, Ismene rushed the crowd. Afraid of being burnt, the crowd parted around this crazy girl wielding flames that licked her skin without doing any harm. Angling herself away from Lucky Leroy and the other, strange man who’d been waving at her, Ismene beelined through the crowd, emerging on the other side without a scratch, and from there she took off in a desperate sprint. Behind her, the two guards had finished pushing their way through the crowd as well, and one, huffing, pulled a gun from her belt and aimed it square on the fleeing girl’s back.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 4 May 2017 at 5:36 PM

Jovian admired the girl's determination to escape, picking up the burning wood despite the bodily harm. He made his way, less frantically, back toward the gate, the way the girl ran, hoping to ensure she made it out. The gang, focused on the girl and Lucky Leroy's orders, hadn't noticed his intrusion yet, so Jovian slid through the crowd easily, just behind the guards who emerged from the crowd.

The female guard grabbed for her gun, and Jovian knew she would be aiming for the girl. As she pulled the gun out, Jovian was already closing the gap between them. She took aim, as predicted, and Jovian lunged forward.

The shot resounded over the din of the enclosure, but the bullet flew high over the gates as Jovian pushed the guard's arms to ruin her clear shot. Now his invisibility was gone, and things were probably going to be messy. His instincts from a lifetime of training kicked in, and he was ready for anything.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 4 June 2017 at 2:47 AM

Shimon nodded and proceeded forward warily, into the slowly burning room.
Although it wasn't a large space, some of the items that had caught fire were emitting thick grey smoke, the kind that would clog one's airways if inhaled, and viciously stung at one's eyes. Shimon kept his head down for the most part, shuffling through the room for fear of tripping, but having to also move fast enough so the heat wouldn't hurt Indigo. He did glance up once, to ensure that the structure was sound and not planning to collapse on them from above, but it seemed to be holding out surprisingly well, and not about to crumble yet. Save for the event of some kind of awful domino effect, where an unforgivable architectural flaw caused the entire building to give out and collapse into a pile of unrecognizable sticks... Shimon thought this part of the building would probably be reduced to a charred shell by the end of this, but remain standing nonetheless. At least that was one thing they shouldn't have to worry about.
Items were strewn all over the floor- toppled chairs and all manner of things- probably knocked around in the haste of others to get out. Shimon kicked these aside to clear a path. Some were on fire, but he kicked those too, and the worst they did was leave ugly black marks on his beautiful new white shoes. The most difficult part of traversing the room was really trying not to cough while carrying Indigo and kicking obstructions away and navigating a room filled with blinding bright fire and dark noxious smog he was also inhaling, that was also burningly hot, but... Nothing in that room could keep the fearsome Shimon from the door. He kicked it-
It wouldn't budge.
Unphased, he kicked it hard-
It groaned and bent, but wouldn't give.
Frowning furiously now, he kicked it harder-
The whole building trembled and shook under the force of his strength, sparks flying off the burning walls, plaster and wood chips raining down on them from the ceiling. The reaction didn't even end there, but continued with near-constant aftershocks that threatened for the rest of the building to make like snow, fall down and bury them under its weight. It was such an ominous response to Shimon's aggression that even he was unsettled enough to stop and rethink his method.
Lifting his freed-up hand to the doorknob, he finally tried twisting it, fumbling with his too-big, too-strong and too-clumsy fingers, and-
The door swung open, allowing Shimon, with Indigo in hand, to lurch out into the open air... and a large hubbub of Quarantined gang members, all shouting and making violent motions about something, but oddly not directed at the obvious cause for concern, namely the fire.
Shimon scratched his head with his spare hand, completely confused about being in the central courtyard of a large gang complex that was also partially on fire, and fully in chaos. He had the strange, disorientated sensation like he'd been turned around somewhere- but he had woke feeling like that, and already in the midst of all this mess. Anyway, he still had Indigo in his arms and his clear priority was ensuring the girl's safety.
Turning to grab the door behind him, Shimon slammed it hard shut, intending to trap the fire and heat inside so it wouldn't cause any further harm in spreading.
That was perhaps the straw that broke the camel's back, since that was also about when the structure began to collapse.

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 4 June 2017 at 3:15 AM

Indigo coughed violently as they exited the building. She had done her best to hold her breath in the hot room, and for the most part, had succeeded.

She took a mental inventory of her current condition. She was exhausted. There was a burning pain in her leg from Fang's attack, aggravated by the heat. Her lungs had definitely taken in some smoke too... every breath was dry and painful and...

"Shimon... set me down... please..." she choked out as a violent wave of nausea hit her, causing her to gag. Hopefully Shimon would understand...

@asi

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 4 June 2017 at 3:54 PM

@poe

The guard Jovian attacked immediately responded to the man by attempting to grabble him into submission. The second guard responded quickly as well, pulling his gun and aiming it towards Jovian in a blink of an eye. As soon as he set his sight on Jovian and went to pull the trigger, his boss’ commanded voice of “Don’t shoot, you idiot!” broke through the loud clamor of the crowd, and the guard jolted, his bullet missing Jovian and flying off into the crowd.
Following the loud gunshot, the guard then realized the rest of his boss’ statement- “Don’t shoot the girl!”- but at that moment, it was already too late.
A loud, anguished wail of death came from somewhere in the crowd.
Followed by a furious “bang!” of retaliation, and the guard who’d misfired his gun collapsed with a gapping, bloody hole through his right collarbone.
The various bandit gangs in the crowd, being a bunch that thinks on their anger first and rationale second, fully embraced the sure-fire riot the mutant auction had transformed into, and fists began to be wildly thrown about.
The guard grabbling with Jovian seemed alarmed by this chaos, and she attempted to pull the man away from the crowd to push him to the ground there.

Ignoring the gunshots sounding off around her, Ismene kept running until she spotted a row of small shops to her side. Desperately wheezing, she threw herself between two of the empty stalls and hid, fighting to catch her breath and clutching the smoldering plank of wood with stark-white knuckles.