~ Adopt a Newbie ~

in General

Do you enjoy this program?

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 17 May 2016 at 3:40 AM

Newbies

We have all been there; you just picked up this cool new game but have zero ideas of what to do. The systems aren't complicated and the game seems straight-forward, but it feels as if you're missing something. How awesome would it be to have a friend show you the ropes and break down the concepts instead of trying to gather information from constant trial and error? Well for Egg Cave, look no further!

: Requirements :

- A minimum of 10 days on this website, to show your dedication to improving and that you are active.
- If you are not online in 2 weeks, your mentor will be reassigned to another newbie.
- Can be a new or returning member.

Mentors

Do you like breaking down trading and value concepts and explaining them? Or perhaps you're looking to give back to the community but are looking for something more than coaching (or in addition to coaching)? Become a mentor and adopt a newbie! You'll need to have the patience to walk new players through the basics of Egg Cave.

: Requirements :

- A minimum of 1 year on this website, no exceptions.
- Must be online at least once every 3 days.
- Has to have a minimum of 750 forum posts.

Other

- As a mentor or a newbie, you may choose to resign from your role at any time.
- Mentors will automatically be reassigned to another newbie when their current one deems themselves ready to venture out into the world by themselves.
- Mentors/Newbies may anonymously request another newbie/mentor if issues arise.

Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/document/d/118GMk0Psfw4zWc7jRfp-Q6YjuMUK5UzsEz3ZrMMPiOM/edit

Forms

: Mentor :

Name: (What you prefer to be called)
Date Joined: (Day you joined, can be found on your profile)
Reason: OPTIONAL (Why you want to apply for this program)
Hobbies/Likes: (To help assign you with someone similar to yourself)

: Newbie :

Name: (What you prefer to be called)
Date Joined: (Day you joined, can be found on your profile)
Thoughts: OPTIONAL (What you think of the site so far)
Hobbies/Likes: (To help assign you with someone similar to yourself)

Raffle

- Every mentor that has adopted a newbie and taken care of them for 2 weeks will have their own name, and their newbie's placed into a raffle for creatures in @nightmare
- Raffle prizes will be rewarded with the help of a random number generator
- Winners will be picked when 20 people qualify to be in the raffle(this includes the mentor and the newbie)
- There will be 2 creatures in the trade lot for the winner
- Mentor(s) will get first pick, but can discuss with their newbie if they want to

Hashtag

#AaN

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 17 May 2016 at 4:22 AM

@bunnyshadow Could I join (but sometimes I'm real impatient so maybe no o.o)? I've seen this in Chicken Smoothie and thought of it as a good idea..

132 posts

puppybear • 17 May 2016 at 4:26 AM

What a great idea! 😊 @bunnyshadow

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 17 May 2016 at 4:48 AM

@ushafuse

Of course! I updated the first post with forms, I totally forgot about those haha. You can go ahead and fill it out to apply if you want. (:

@wuas

Thanks a ton haha. xD

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 17 May 2016 at 5:03 AM

@bunnyshadow
Great idea 😊 (I had a lot of trouble when I first started... It wasn't until 2015 when I knew what forums were! XD) I will help out when I can, but RN, I don't have that much time ☚ī¸

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 17 May 2016 at 5:07 AM

@bunnyshadow I'll.

Name: Yun
Date Joined: 26 Oct 13 (I didn't know I could remember)
Reason: Help those poor newbies.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 17 May 2016 at 9:25 PM

@leafmelody It's no problem

@ushafuse Accepted and added to the google spreadsheet. We just gotta find some newbies looking for a program like this now haha. xD

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 17 May 2016 at 10:10 PM

@bunnyshadow I think this is a great idea! Wish I could contribute, but I randomly go offline for months at a time so I wouldn't be fit to be a mentor. Good luck with this.

Female
29 posts

butterflykisses • 17 May 2016 at 10:26 PM

@bunnyshadow I am a newbie. ^^ I would love to join!

Name: Anisha
Date Joined: April 23, 2016
Thoughts: EggCave is so addicting. I love it! And I love the creatures and eggs they are so pretty. *_* The people here are very nice as well. I am so glad I joined. And I regret that I didnt join earlier. :]

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 17 May 2016 at 11:52 PM

@bunnyshadow
I would be willing to be a mentor 😸

Name: Teddy, but I'm fine with Ted 😋
Date Joined: March 16,2015 😸 (One year, two months, and one day. as of right now 😸)
Reason: I love to help out new people and things like that, and this reminds me of #LAEP2 😸

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 18 May 2016 at 2:13 PM

@srx2002

Thanks. (:

@butterflykisses

Accepted! Welcome to Eggcave. Do you have a particular mentor you look forward to having that is on the google spreadsheet? If not, I'll assign one for you. :]

@teddy267

Accepted! Thanks for contributing. 😃

Female
69 posts

micheal_yvain_silver • 18 May 2016 at 9:01 PM

I only joined yesterday , do I need to wait until I've been here for a while longer?...

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 18 May 2016 at 9:38 PM

@creaturelord wut m8? You joined today or smth.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 18 May 2016 at 10:59 PM

@micheal_yvain_silver Yes, come back in a week and a half. 😊

@srx2002 Haha.

Female
69 posts

micheal_yvain_silver • 18 May 2016 at 11:10 PM

Ok, and wut? @_@ xD

Female
368 posts

scorpio • 18 May 2016 at 11:46 PM

@bunnyshadow
This sounds like fun ^.^

Name: Rain
Date Joined: 15th of February 2013 on my first account @nasyiaxm
Reason: It was definitely hard when I first joined. I just want to help newbies so they dont struggle as much as I did and they could have an awesome time here.
Hobbies/Like(s): I love music, reading (reccomendations would be amazing), tv shows (would love some reccomendations as well), art (I dont draw, I just enjoy them) and movies.

Quick question: do I have to be fully active during the 2 weeks? 😊

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 18 May 2016 at 11:49 PM

Eggcave is becoming more advanced. We are now adopting newbies.

Great idea though! I feel like a lot of newbies tend to get intimidated. It'll be nice to have someone show them the ropes.

I would usually join, but I'm not good with values and I've been busy recently.

Best of luck!

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 18 May 2016 at 11:54 PM

@scorpio As long as you are online once every 3 days to drop bv and say hi or something, it should be fine! x) Added to the spreadsheet!

@micheal_yvain_silver And go ahead and fill out the form to apply ! 😃

@iceiceice Haha yep! For sure, thanks for stopping by anyway.

Female
69 posts

micheal_yvain_silver • 19 May 2016 at 12:31 AM

Okai

Name: Michael, Mick
Date Joined: May 16th, 2016
Thoughts: OPTIONAL: it's amazing, just like ovipets, and Xanje!
Hobbies/Like(s):art(I kinda draw) music, animals, anime,

Is that all?

Female
29 posts

butterflykisses • 19 May 2016 at 12:39 AM

@bunnyshadow hello! ^^ You can pick the mentor for me. I have no preferences. :] And thank you so much for making this! Its a great idea.

Non-binary
255 posts

coldrain • 19 May 2016 at 2:05 AM

Name: Rain
Date Joined: May 18, 2013 (from my previous account @thereturningold )
Reason: because i was once a newbie too
Hobbies/Likes: music & anime/manga & cats

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 19 May 2016 at 5:29 AM

@bunnyshadow Ahh, I shall fill the new last blank.

Hobbies/Likes: (To help assign you with someone similar to yourself) Drawing, anime (a little), hamsters, hamsters, hamsters and hamsters.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 20 May 2016 at 11:17 AM

@butterflykisses & @ushafuse will be our first newb x mentor partnership then!

😃 Good luck and have fun, the both of you. 😃

@micheal_yvain_silver Yep, I'll hit you up with a mentor if you're still around in a week. (:

959 posts

inhabitant • 20 May 2016 at 11:28 AM

@bunnyshadow

Name: Rain (Haha I'm the third Rain here XD)
Date Joined: October 26, 2011
Reason: I remember being so confused when I first joined, and I was lucky enough to have 'oldies' tell me the need to knows in eggcave. I just want to be of help somehow ^-^
Hobbies/Likes: I like writing, mostly poerty... Anime ^-^ Dogs and water (like waterfalls, beaches and swimming)

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 22 May 2016 at 2:40 AM

@bunnyshadow
Oh. There's a new thing to fill out 😋

Hobbies/Likes:
Musicals, reading, lots of bands (Misfits, Blink-182,The Cure, Slipknot, Green Day, Twenty One Pilots, ect.) food, piano, and sports. (I play american football, volleyball, floor hockey, disc golf, ping pong, and basketball.) 😸

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 22 May 2016 at 3:42 PM

@inhabitant Cool, added and accepted. Welcome. 😊

@teddy267 Haha yep !!!

Deleted • 22 May 2016 at 3:52 PM

Name: Niale or Rabbity
Date Joined: I've joined around the winter of 2013, but I officially started to actually make a permanent account on June 22, 2014.
Reason: I like helping out others and want them to get the hang of things so hey won't be so confused and overwhelmed.
Hobbies/Likes: Drawing, anime, reading, rabbits, other animals, I sometimes play volleyball, but not much, basketball, watching weird videos on the Internet!
@bunnyshadow

Non-binary
1,223 posts

degong • 22 May 2016 at 4:08 PM

@bunnyshadow

Joining as a Newbie. 😸

Name: I wouldn't mind being called my username but I suppose
Dee would be fine. ^-^

Date Joined: December 28, 2015 (Four months and three weeks)

Thoughts: During one of my first days here, something took advantage of my noobness and traded their Pinkunk for my Morgoth. I've learned from my four months here but I'd still like to know more and not get stuck in a trap like that again.

Hobbies/Likes: Reading, Food, Drawing, Writing, Food, Music, Cats, Pokemon (^0^), and more Food.

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 22 May 2016 at 5:21 PM

@bunnyshadow
So do you assign us newbies or do we ask for them?

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 22 May 2016 at 10:46 PM

@niale @degong

Both accepted.

@teddy267

You can ask for them if you want, but I'll probably just be assigning them. Are you looking for one? :]