Show Recommendations?

in Entertainment

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 17 August 2016 at 9:21 AM

So I'm just sitting here, waiting for either the next episode/s or seasons of the shows I currently watch. And it's kind of making me impatient and really hollow without anything to watch.

I'm mostly into cartoons/animated stuff but I do watch a few live-action shows if their plot is interesting enough.

If you guys could recommend a bunch of shows for me to watch, I'd be really grateful!😃

Edit:

Most of the shows I've watched/currently watching can be found here: Shows

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 17 August 2016 at 9:52 AM

@fairy_tail

Could you give me a list of some shows you like? 😊

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 17 August 2016 at 10:43 AM

@lykhaos117

Sure. Here's some of them.😊

Shows

Deleted • 17 August 2016 at 10:58 AM

@fairy_tail

Have you tried watching supergirl? I found it pretty good when I watched it 😊

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 17 August 2016 at 12:12 PM

@jrw48

Actually, yes! I love Supergirl and I already finished watching Season 1. It's one of the shows that I'm waiting the next season for.😊

Deleted • 17 August 2016 at 12:17 PM

@fairy_tail

Same! ❤ī¸ I actually stumbled across it on youtube, and then watched it, it had the majority of the episodes on, but I am going to get the box set for my birthday and then will properly watch it 😃

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 17 August 2016 at 12:34 PM

@jrw48

Cool! I don't usually get physical copies for my shows. They're all just files in my computer and hard disk.

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 17 August 2016 at 1:11 PM

@fairy_tail

You could try Avatar: The Last Airbender and Gravity Falls, though I haven't seen the latter. You might also like to watch the Land Before Time sequel movies or the Secret of Kells. 😊

And I know a bunch of good anime if you're into that. *pokes username*

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 17 August 2016 at 1:18 PM

@lykhaos117

I finished Avatar years ago and I'm done with Gravity Falls as well.^^; I also watched all Land Before Time movies too (on VHS!XD).

Whats the Secret of Kells?😱

Depends on what kind of anime 😉 I'm not looking into ones that will takes me hundreds of episodes to catch up.^^; Finished ones preferred or ones that just started/have few episodes.

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 17 August 2016 at 1:30 PM

@fairy_tail

Secret of Kells is a beautifully animated movie about a young monk aspiring to illuminate a manuscript with some Celtic mythology thrown in. The plot and characters are a bit simple, but the artwork and music are amazing. TV Tropes summarizes it a bit better:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WesternAnimation/TheSecretOfKells

And here's an anime recommendation flowchart:

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/q9Xjv4p

The best anime in my opinion is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which is a bit over 60 episodes long if I remember correctly, though it's amazing and completed.

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 17 August 2016 at 3:05 PM

@lykhaos117

Ooh! That looks cool! Okay, I'm gonna watch Secret of Kells.😊

I already finished both FMA and FMA Brotherhood.^^

Do you know the anime Your Lie in April? I've only heard of it and some people say it's good. Is it true?

And thanks for showing me the flowchart. You reminded me of some anime I was planning to watch but forgot about.😃 (^^; )

Keep the recommendations coming everyone!😃

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 17 August 2016 at 3:26 PM

@fairy_tail

Yay! Let me know what you think. 😊

I've seen Your Lie in April, and it's very good but bittersweet. It's also more of a realistic anime, and the main characters are musicians.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 17 August 2016 at 6:16 PM

@fairy_tail
A few that I recently got into is

steven universe
bungo stray dogs
fukien no mononokean

Secret of Kells is a pretty good movie I really like it.
Song of the sea is also a good one made by the creators of Secret of Kells.

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 18 August 2016 at 6:15 AM

@lykhaos117

Sure!

Hmm... Hope I don't cry.XD I just finished Plastic Memories about a week ago and bawled non-stop.

@dragonii

I'm currently waiting for the next episode of SU.😊

I'll check out the other stuff you mentioned.😃

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 18 August 2016 at 6:52 AM

@fairy_tail

I mostly watch anime so all of my suggestions are anime. ^.^'

Definitely second the Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your lie in april).

Beautiful art style, I've watched it three times now. Make sure you have a tissue box ready though.

If you liked the Avatar shows you might like Magi. They have similar vibes.

There are two seasons, Magi: The labyrinth of Magic, and Magi: The kingdom of Magic. 50 episodes in total. They're set in an arabian themed world with magic, mythical creatures, and all sorts of goodies. Very bright and colorful art.
I'm waiting for the next season but it doesn't leave you at a massive cliff hanger so don't worry about that.

Soul Eater is another great anime, it was actually my first. It's got a quirky bunch of characters and a unique art style. 51 episodes in total. The first three are character introductions, so don't drop it immediately if you decide to try it out.

Finally, if you don't mind reading subtitles since there's no english dub, Haikyuu. Haikyuu is a sports anime about a high school volleyball team. The characters are extremely lovable, diverse, and well developed. Every single team in this anime is lovable, they all have their quirks and strengths. I even get conflicted when they go against each other. A different art style which took me a bit of getting used to but it isn't bad at all. Two seasons out right now at 50 episodes, the third is set to air sometime in november i think.

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 18 August 2016 at 7:07 AM

@raccoon

It's okay! I watch a mix of anime and cartoons, mostly.😊

Hope I don't cry too much watching Your Lie in April then.^^;

Ooh! Sounds cool! I love those mythical/fantasy realm types of shows. I'll give it a shot!😃

I've actually tried Soul Eater before and it wasn't really my cup of tea.D:

Hm... I'm not super into sport-type shows. But I'll go check out some clips before I decide.😊

Also, I like watching anime in sub, not dubs, so don't worry about the subtitle problem 😉 Dubs don't usually sound good unless it matches the setting. Like, I'm watching one called 91 Days and it's set in the U.S. so I'd prefer it if a dub ever comes out.

Female
3,201 posts

ushafuse • 23 August 2016 at 7:28 AM

@fairy_tail I've seen a couple of anime and here's some notable:

usagi drop
kids on the slope
gakkou gurashi
erased
bungo stray dogs

I'm probably going to watch Your Lie in April after reading comments above 😋
There are some others which I've heard of and am going to watch, maybe you'll find something you like?

terror in resonance (zankyou no terror)
the perfect insider
ping pong
kuroko no basket

And maybe owari no seraph too.

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 23 August 2016 at 12:58 PM

@ushafuse

I've heard of Erased though I'm still debating whether I should watch it or not.c:

I'll be sure to check out the others though.^^ Thanks~

Keep the shows coming everyone!😃

Female
13 posts

waywardbean • 23 August 2016 at 1:07 PM

Give Stranger Things a try , if ya got netflix and such. its pretty good, got a cool monster

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 23 August 2016 at 2:00 PM

@waywardbean

Unfortunately, I don't have a Netflix account.☚ī¸ I'm planning on asking permission for one though. Is it scary? I can't handle horror much.

Female
1,188 posts

gymnastics001 • 23 August 2016 at 2:06 PM

@fairy_tail I can't handle horror either, so practically all I watch is Spongebob cause I never have any time to get into anything. XD

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 23 August 2016 at 2:08 PM

@gymnastics001

Horror makes me squirm.XD I end up not being able to to go the bathroom alone after watching those kinds of things.

I only like the earlier seasons of Spongebob (in fact, it used to be my favorite show). But thanks for mentioning it, I think I'll rewatch a few choice episodes.^^

Female
1,188 posts

gymnastics001 • 23 August 2016 at 2:17 PM

@fairy_tail Just seeing the commercials just makes me cringe. I did watch about 5 eps of Fairy Tail XD and if you watch a few eps of Spongebob I recommend watching Survival of the Idiots, and Bubblestand. (And maybe the Indoors episode)

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 23 August 2016 at 2:28 PM

@gymnastics001

Haha, honestly, I'm on break from Fairy Tail right now because I can't keep going on sometimes.XD I'll get back to it eventually.

Actually, my fave episodes of Spongebob are SB-129 and Band Geeks. The latter is my favorite episode of all time.❤ī¸ But I'll go ahead and watch the episodes you mentioned - I need some comic relief right now.XD

Female
13 posts

waywardbean • 23 August 2016 at 2:57 PM

Try Steven Universe and Gravity falls, Sarah Jane Adventures and other stuff from cbbc

Female
89 posts

lzumi • 23 August 2016 at 5:42 PM

@fairy_tail

If you're into music, Love Live! School Idol Project would be good. It's about a 16 year old girl who forms an idol group to save her school from closing down. Eventually, they decide to try and participate in the Love Live festival to gain more popularity for their school. There are two seasons of it, both are equally amazing. I should also point out that the main idol group has ended and a new group is currently being produced called Aqours (Pronounced aqua) and it is really good. There are currently 8 episodes of Love Live! Sunshine which is based on Aqours, and there is a new episode every Saturday. If that isn't enough, there is also a game on the Appstore/Google Play Store under the title of Love Live! School Idol Festival.

If you prefer something funny and lighthearted, try Osomatsu-san! It's about the daily adventures of a set of sextuplets and it's really quite funny. Although, that being said, it is quite crude, so please refrain from watching it if you're sensitive towards strong language and adult humor and such. Over all, it's a really sweet show 😊

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 24 August 2016 at 1:22 AM

@fairy_tail

Have you tried Miraculous Ladybug yet? It's a CGI-Animated show set in Paris with two characters called Marinette and Adrien, who transform into Ladybug and Chat Noir, superheroes who protect Paris from the evil Hawkmoth!
There's a love square which is basically four ships Marinette, Adrien, and their hero forms, AKA it's a love square with only two people.

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 24 August 2016 at 7:55 AM

@waywardbean

I'm currently waiting for the next episode of Steven Universe and I'm done with Gravity Falls. What's Sarah Jane Adventures about?

@lzumi

I think I'll go check out the first one.😊 As for the second, well, I'll have to see if it's on my tolerance level for crude and or adult humor.XD I watch harem-type animes, but even I have limits.((:

@nightmaremoon12

Miraculous is currently my top show, actually. I'm super hyped for season 2 and my life is meaningless without it.❤ī¸ (Haha, I'm Miraculous trash...)

Female
13 posts

waywardbean • 24 August 2016 at 8:11 AM

@fairy_tail Its a cbbc/bbc show spinoff of doctor who, its pretty good. instead of the doctor, you got one of his old companions instead.

Female
349 posts

fairy_tail • 24 August 2016 at 8:12 AM

@waywardbean

Do you need any prior knowledge on Doctor Who? Are there references to events from the original series? Because I never watched Doctor Who are there are definitely too many episodes for me to catch up.