Kiki's Delivery Service and Ghibli

in Entertainment

Female
238 posts

loveunicorns2223 • 10 January 2017 at 7:07 PM

This is one of my favorite films! Does anyone else really like this movie or just Studio Ghibli in general?

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 10 January 2017 at 7:11 PM

@loveunicorns2223

I looooove Studio Ghibli! ❤️
Kiki's Delivery Service is really good. I especially like Jiji. 😸
Otherwise my personal favourite is Howl's Moving Castle. The details in the castle is so amazing and the story is magical. 😃

Female
238 posts

loveunicorns2223 • 10 January 2017 at 7:13 PM

@silverserpent
I hav not seen that one but it's on my list of movies to see! Yes I love Kiki's delivery service so much! It's my favorite movie, out of everything that I've seen.

Female
909 posts

icecream • 10 January 2017 at 7:14 PM

My favorite Ghibli movies are Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, and Castle in the Sky 😊 @loveunicorns2223
@silverserpent I love Jiji too! 😊

Female
238 posts

loveunicorns2223 • 10 January 2017 at 7:19 PM

@icecream
I've seen all of those! They are all so cool! I'm not sure who my favorite character in Kiki's delivery service is but I like them all! 😊

Female
909 posts

icecream • 10 January 2017 at 7:21 PM

@loveunicorns2223 You should see Howl's Moving Castle, it's really good too!
My favorite characters in Kiki's Delivery Service would be Jiji and Kiki 😊

Female
238 posts

loveunicorns2223 • 10 January 2017 at 7:22 PM

@icecream
I know! I've tried but it hasn't turned out so well, so I'll try and watch it soon! Yep I've noticed Jiji is a very popular character. 😃

Female
909 posts

icecream • 10 January 2017 at 7:29 PM

@loveunicorns2223 Jiji is so cute I love his eyes 😊 What is your favorite Ghibli movie, after Kiki's Delivery Service?

Female
238 posts

loveunicorns2223 • 10 January 2017 at 7:29 PM

@icecream
Hmm From up on poppy hill is my second favorite! It's also very good! 😊

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 10 January 2017 at 8:00 PM

@loveunicorns2223
@silverserpent

A friend of mine cosplayed as Kiki. It wasn't a complete costume with wigs and accessories but it was still very cute.

I've seen My Neighbour Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo, Spirited Away, The Cat Returns, (forgot name of one), Princess Mononoke, Arrietty and Porco Rosso. I'll update this if I think of any other ones

Howl's Moving Castle is one of my favourites. After watching it I read the book and they are both marvelous in their own ways. I think there are four books in the series but I have only read two. In the books, the castle is just a large black towers.

The detail in every Ghibli film is so magical and the stories are beautiful. There's a few that aren't as good as I've wanted to turn the tv off but it wasn't a Miyazaki one.

Female
238 posts

loveunicorns2223 • 10 January 2017 at 8:03 PM

@mastergemma
Yes I've seen most of the movies that you listed. I think I know what you mean by the four book, they're like graphic novels of the movies right? I have all four for Kiki's delivery service! I've been collecting a bunch of stuff that's related to the movie. You've seen so many movies haha!

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 10 January 2017 at 8:36 PM

@loveunicorns2223
My sister's in love with Studio Ghibli 😋 I, on the other hand, have only watched Totoro cause I was forced to around 5 years ago XD

Female
238 posts

loveunicorns2223 • 10 January 2017 at 8:37 PM

@leafmelody
Haha that's cool. You should watch more, they are so good! 😃

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 10 January 2017 at 8:52 PM

@loveunicorns2223
No, the actual series written by Dianne Wynne Jones. I wasn't aware there were graphic novels for HMC.

I've seen so many because Studio Ghibli produces so many brilliant works. Unfortunately Miyazaki has retired from producing movies so we won't be seeing any of his works in a feature length again.

Female
238 posts

loveunicorns2223 • 10 January 2017 at 9:19 PM

@mastergemma
Yes, but I heard that he has retired many times, and then came back later on, so maybe that will happen again? Oh I didn't know Howl's Moving Castle was also a book, I also tried reading Kiki's Delivery Service by Aiko Kadono (I think), but it is translated into English, so I read that because I don't know Japanese that well haha.

475 posts

spell • 11 January 2017 at 9:03 PM

I love Studio Ghibli 😸 ❤️ Hayao Miyazaki is one of most talented directors I know. I've seen: My Neighbour Totoro, Whisper of the Heart, The Cat Returns, Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, Grave of the Fireflies, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Ponyo, Arrietty and When Marnie Was There.
I've honestly loved almost every film that Ghibli has produced but my favorite would have to be Spirited Away. I remember watching it when I was around 6 and I was completely entranced.

I think a new film called the Red Turtle was also released in 2016 when Hayao Miyazaki came out of retirement for "one last film" xD 😱

Female
238 posts

loveunicorns2223 • 13 January 2017 at 10:09 PM

@spell
that's cool!
Yeah I heard about that as well, seems interesting!

Female
192 posts

vanley • 13 January 2017 at 10:36 PM

I was watching Ponyo the other day and remembered finding this thing online where the part when she first escapes her tank then the style semi changes when she's sucked into the room where the well is and changes to an actual human (with no chicken feet cx) there was a thing online that said when Miyazaki seen the scene animated he told no one to touch it or do anything to it, that it was definetly going into the movie the way it was, which I found super adorable X3

Female
238 posts

loveunicorns2223 • 22 January 2017 at 10:31 PM

@vanley
yes I remember that part! That's cool, I never heard about that 😃

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 24 January 2017 at 2:07 AM

I have Kiki's Delivery Service on VHS. I feel old.

Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away were always my favourites. Princess Mononoke won the top though. Giant wolves? Yes.

Grave of the Firelies tore my heart out, and Castle in the Sky was awesome.

Female
238 posts

loveunicorns2223 • 24 January 2017 at 11:26 PM

@april__
That's cool! Yes Princess Mononoke and Spirited away are also very good Ghibli films! I haven't seen Grave of Fireflies, but I have heard that it was sad. Castle in the Sky is also pretty cool. 😃

Female
5,641 posts

april__ • 25 January 2017 at 12:54 AM

@loveunicorns2223

I was No Face one year for Halloween. My costume was way too tall, haha.

I actually have the name 'Ashitaka'. I'm so happy about it.

Female
238 posts

loveunicorns2223 • 25 January 2017 at 9:40 PM

@april__
Haha! Lucky you get the names you like I have a few that I like, but I want Ghibli names as well 😊